The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

Jasper

Lotus Crystal

Title : Driving the world's heaviest snow ski

[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime22nd July 2019, 2:00 pm

By request from Light, I'm reposting the spells I last added to Garland's profile. Some of them haven't been seen yet (and might not see use at all), but this keeps us from having to jump multiple threads looking for information.

Additional spells:
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : GC's Official Saphir

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime23rd July 2019, 10:56 am

Quote :
Fireball (Delayed Blast): A signature spell of the battle-conscious arcanist, fireball evokes a flashy, searing explosion. As fireball is cast, a pea-sized mote of conspicuous red light is formed at the tips of Garland's fingers before flying forth and blossoming into a lovely flower of flame at its target. Due to its power and efficiency, fireball has the notoriety of being a ubiquitous spell in the repertoires of many magicians - making it very easy to counter if properly identified.

In addition to the original spell, Garland may cast a variation known as delayed blast fireball with two notable differences. First, the glowing red bead may have its detonation delayed by up to 30 seconds. During that time, the bead may be moved or thrown by another creature. Second, a delayed blast fireball is more complex in its execution, and explodes with far greater force. As a consequence of its increased power, delayed blast fireball places a greater strain on its caster's physical and mental stamina. (+200 offensive roll boost in the round it is used, -200 offensive roll penalty for the next round)

This has been added! The "greater strain on its caster's physical and mental stamina" will result into offense down for one round, so will edit this into the previous casting.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime26th July 2019, 7:38 am

Shadow Servant
Attribute: Dark
Range: User
Description: The caster summons a silhouette of themselves to aid in battle.
Effect: The shadow clone enables the caster to use the same move on the same target twice per turn. If at any point the caster is targeted by an attack, the shadow will jump in to absorb the damage. Note: The shadow is instantly destroyed as soon as it is struck by a damaging attack.

Not sure how you wanted to handle this. In the actual game, the shadow remains as long as its caster is not struck by an attack, so perhaps we could treat it like a minion with the lowest amount of HP possible (0.50? 0.25?)? That would at least enable us to keep track of it while also guaranteeing that it will be destroyed when it goes to take any damage. [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 3884866259
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime26th July 2019, 9:44 am

Andalusite wrote:
Shadow Servant
Range: User
Description: The caster summons a silhouette of themselves to aid in battle.
Effect: The shadow clone enables the caster to use the same move on the same target twice per turn. If at any point the caster is targeted by an attack, the shadow will jump in to absorb the damage. Note: The shadow is instantly destroyed as soon as it is struck by a damaging attack.

Not sure how you wanted to handle this. In the actual game, the shadow remains as long as its caster is not struck by an attack, so perhaps we could treat it like a minion with the lowest amount of HP possible (0.50? 0.25?)? That would at least enable us to keep track of it while also guaranteeing that it will be destroyed when it goes to take any damage. [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 3884866259  
Added! 0.5 H2KO is the lowest damage possible so I'll give that much.
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime26th July 2019, 2:42 pm

Jasper wrote:

Phantom Sword: Garland conjures a narrow, shimmering field of shearing force which closely resembles a sword. He can direct the phantom sword to strike at any opponent that is near his location, requiring little to no effort beyond a simple mental command to assign or change its target. Garland may continue to use physical attacks or cast spells while the sword is active.

The phantom sword has no physical mass, and cannot be destroyed through physical means. However, the sword is mystically bound to Garland and cannot pursue an enemy beyond a short distance. If an enemy retreats beyond this range, then the sword will return to Garland and hover in place.

This has been added!
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime27th July 2019, 9:47 am

Life Water
Attribute: Water
Range: Single-target
Description: A splash of purifying water used to treat wounds
Effect: Restores some HP
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2019, 5:44 am

Andalusite wrote:
Sailor Mars wrote:
Don't worry, Frieza and Rocbouquet will easily finish off Chaos, so there is no need for any of Cosmos' puny heroes to survive! ^___^
[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 3042611168 Those wannabe heroes don't stand a chance. [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 3042611168

@Light
Air Screen
Attribute: Wind
Range: Long; Single target
Description: Call forth a cyclone to increase defense
Effect: Buff

Edit wrote:
Increasing defense means that it slightly increases resistance to lightning (electric), pierce (physical), stab  (physical), bludgeon  (physical), and slash (physical) based moves only.
https://saga.fandom.com/wiki/Air_Screen

I figured that if she knows advanced wind/water spells like Lightning and Cyclone Squeeze, it would make zero sense for her not to know how to cast something as magic 101 as Air Screen. XD
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2019, 7:43 am

Updated!
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime13th August 2019, 12:35 pm

Dark Sphere
Attribute: Dark + Wind
Range: Single target
Description: An orb of turbulent dark energy envelops and damages a single target.
Effect: None
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime14th August 2019, 3:31 pm

Added ^

-----

Well, this is it, everyone! The final battle is about to begin! As already noted, it will be initiated the moment any character performs any sort of action (be it offensive or buff/defensive).

Please note the following things:

As you've known all along, the outcome here is predetermined - the good guys win this one. But for the sake of making things interesting, the battle will take place normally right until to its end, which is when it will become "scripted" (we can decide how we'll RP it at that point).

Basically, each team's goal is to drop the entire other team to 0 H2KO. While the scripted battle will take over at that point, the team that succeeds basically gets bragging rights xD So, we shall see which team had the most useful powers, the best strategy, or perhaps was outright the luckiest!

There will be no knocking out in this battle - the true battle ends when one entire team is down to 0, however an individual character dropping to 0 will refuse to give up and keep on fighting "by sheer will". The only effect is that they will continue with a -200 roll penalty due to their weakened status.

Each character gets one action per battle round. However, there is no problem with posting more than once per battle round if you want to add a reaction to something.

Battle rounds last for 72 hours (or until everyone gets their action in, if sooner). Due to the time constraint we have, this is a hard deadline. If someone is unable to get a post in due to a short LOA, I will accept getting their action in without a post, and then they would simply have to RP both this and the next action in the subsequent battle round (effectively giving you a maximum window of 6 days to post if something comes up, with the disclaimer that you'll have more action to catch up with).

Any questions, let me know here or on Discord!

Edit: A restriction will be imposed on Haste during the final battle to keep things balanced; only one of the two actions during a round of haste can be multi-target attack; the other has to be either single-target or status move. Also, ultimate attacks cannot be hastened (the benefit of haste would be lost for the round someone chose to go for the ultimate attack instead).
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime19th August 2019, 8:07 am

Adding for Angela:

Diamond Missile (Single/Multi-target) - A diamond shatters and breaks up into smaller pieces, which pierce the enemy or enemies. Element: Earth
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime21st August 2019, 2:46 pm

Quote :

Deadly Drive
Range: Attack-All
Description: A huge wave of dark energy swirls around the enemy, temporarily lowering all stats
Effect: Lowers all stats for 1-5 turns

Should we interpret this as something that would just mess up the rolls if it works? It doesn't cause damage.
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime21st August 2019, 2:55 pm

Andalusite wrote:
Quote :

Deadly Drive
Range: Attack-All
Description: A huge wave of dark energy swirls around the enemy, temporarily lowering all stats
Effect: Lowers all stats for 1-5 turns

Should we interpret this as something that would just mess up the rolls if it works? It doesn't cause damage.
Adding it! Will be a -200 to offense and defense for a number of rounds.
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2019, 2:18 am

Adding the following for Angela:

Explode (Single target) - Makes the area that the enemy is standing in explode. Element: Fire
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime26th August 2019, 1:16 pm

Jasper wrote:
]Antimagic Field: Garland creates a small, invisible field of antimagic extending up to ten feet around himself. This potent ward utterly negates the effect of mystical powers and qualities within its radius, affecting all forms of magic or supernatural energy. Other spells cannot take effect in the antimagic field while it remains active.

However, there are limits to such mortal power. While it cannot be used to end existing magical effects, the antimagic field will suppress them until the two no longer overlap (most often caused by Garland moving away). Also, until Garland dismisses the antimagic field, he cannot effectively use other magic spells.

Effect: Garland is unable to attack with / be attacked by magic for a number of rounds.

Added! ^
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime28th August 2019, 3:12 pm

Meteor Kick
Attribute: None
Description: A strong kicking technique that may leave the user in a slight daze after impact
Effect: May stun the user; Stun cancels the affected target's attack for that round
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime28th August 2019, 3:17 pm

Quote :
18. Meteor Kick
Attribute: None
Description: A strong kicking technique that may leave the user in a slight daze after impact
Effect: May stun the user; Stun cancels the affected target's attack for that round. Critical hit will stun (stop) the target for one round.

Quote :

Zuoja's Gelid Scorn (Blizzard III):
Attribute: Ice
Range: Long, single/multi target
Effect: Damage, Frozen negative status (unable to act)
Description: This harsh convocation calls forth a cruel, bitterly cold blast of wind through the targeted area, chilling one or more subjects to the bone. The frigid temperatures are certainly powerful enough to freeze water and leech moisture from the air, and is jokingly rumored to be potent enough to cause rain on the sun's surface or to render an active volcano into dormancy.
Effect: Critical hit will temporarily freeze the target
Added!
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime29th September 2019, 11:36 am

After nearly three years, this storyline has actually come to a close, with the exit posts and epilogue currently being drafted. Many thanks to everyone involved in the storyline for making my silly random idea of a multi-universe conflict such a successful, award-winning and by far the biggest non-event storyline in the forum!

That goes both to the remaining players who actually managed to persevere for an insane amount of time and in the final months worked tirelessly to bring this to an end before the closure of its host forum, but also to those who were drawn away by RL obligations sooner, for as long as they managed to stick with it. I hope at least that everyone enjoyed this! despite those pesky deadlines near the end

Last edited by Light on 29th September 2019, 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime29th September 2019, 1:28 pm

Aaaah I can't believe this storyline is ending. ;-; Outside of the HC events, this is the first storyline where we've actually made it to the end! That's a really accomplishment considering in all my years doing RPs, never have I finished any until the HC events and now this one. I'm so happy we stuckwith it to the end, not only the story but the end of the GC forums!

Thanks Light for hosting and creating such a fun story. I had soooo much fun with this one being a grumpy bored evil pony. xD The mish mash of characters was such a great idea. All the personality crashes and back stabbings. so fun! XD

This will be my last post ever on GC so...goodbye to the forums and lets keep it going on Discord!
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime29th September 2019, 2:21 pm

This was super SUPER FUN!!! I loved everything about this RP and everyone involved!! Thank you Light for creating this letting us take part in it..

HEART!!!
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime30th September 2019, 11:49 pm

This RP was a blast to participate in! Thank you to all who have been in it with me! This is honestly one of the only written roleplays that I've ever seen complete itself-outside of events, that is. Lasting 3 years, you can easily re-read it and see just how much the members have grown as writers and rpers. 

I just wish we didn't have to end it like this-literally the last section on the forums open so we could successfully complete it. Who would have thought that the forums would shut down-let alone during this RP's duration! That said, this is my final post on the forums. I made the mistake of putting it off, thinking I'd be able to have an appropriate response in time-an entire separate thread of a goodbye listing my good times and memories. But that was my own fault for putting off the inevitable, I suppose. So now it's here, in a very out-of-place post in an OOC thread haha.

A lot has happened since I joined close to 5 years ago, but all things considered-I really am better off for joining this forum. There are a lot of good memories that would easily break the character limit-so many events, friends, rps and even graphic making! I really will never forget my time here on The Galaxy Cauldron Forums, and dang if my eyes didn't get a tiny bit misty writing this final post. 

So with all these memories warm in my heart and this now-archived forum forever in my bookmarks,  on to discord we go! Thank you for everything, Galaxy Cauldron!
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime3rd October 2019, 9:34 am

Omg we did it! We managed to complete this storyline!

Many thanks to all of you who stuck with it over the past three years! This is the first group roleplay I’ve ever participated in that has (1) lasted so long and has (2) actually made it to the end of the story without everybody losing interest. This was also probably one of the most enjoyable group roleplays I have ever been part of! All of the characters and their various interactions were great. I had so much fun being Rocbouquet, coming up with all of those sassy insect-themed insults and whatnot! It was also fun to watch everybody grow as writers and roleplayers over the course of the story! I also can’t believe how much information was officially confirmed/added on to Rocbouquet’s character in these past three years lol! (I am also really happy with how my improvising turned out. It ended up paralleling the added canon pretty well. XD)

Anyway...Thanks again, everyone, for the fond RP memories here at GC! [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top