The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 10:34 am

I have a feeling it's going to be a Fighting type with that prefix. If they can base Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan after Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan they will do this, too.
Back to top Go down
Koanko
Pyramidal Crystal

Koanko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Golden Queen of Shadow Galatica

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 10:37 am

I think the name Sylveon is cute, IMO. But the first thing I did think of when I saw its name was Sylvester Stallone. XD
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 10:43 am

See! Koanko agrees with me. Best frand forever. -clings to obnoxiously- Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 2867416775
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 10:57 am

Yes please I want it
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 11:49 am

I really hope it's a fighting type!
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 6:34 pm

Yami I was just coming here to post about the eevee evolution! Here's the promo:

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 Tumblr_mi3z3dB8F51r1alb2o1_500
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 Corocoro-3

And here's a link to a thread that makes some very good arguments for this being some sort of "Magic" or "Fairy" type:

http://www.gamespot.com/pokemon-x/forum/sylveons-name-in-french-is-officially-nymphali-here-is-a-strong-argument-65451292/

My boyfriend said there are multiple translators who have said that the words are VERY suggestive of there being a new type. Can anyone who speaks Japanese second that? I could definitely see the magic thing. Some people are arguing that with moves like "swift" it's probably a normal type, but my argument for that is that whenever they come out with a new type, they always go back to the things in the past and change those to the type as well. For example, when Magnemite was originally made it was electric, and once they came out with steel type Magnemite was steel and electric. So they could easily change swift or any of those kinds of moves to magic. Idk, out of all the ideas presented I think magic type fits the best Smile
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 7:11 pm

That particular article is not suggestive of anything really (left side is really about the Eevee Special and the right side merely announcing its name and so on). But apparently there are some suggestive blogs or something somewhere but I'd have to be linked there.

It will probably not be a fighting type, have a look at the other language names, looks like a normal, psychic or new type to me. Light? Fairy? Magic? If they are introducing a Light pokemon I wonder if there'll be a Dark equivalent (Dark is not Dark type in Japanese) But alot of things connected to those fall under Psychic or Fire already =\

Maybe one of those legendaries is dark and the other is light. However I'm not really sure on that considering they've already used that idea back in the fifth generation =\ oh well there goes that XD
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 7:30 pm

Firstly, I love what you linked, Brani Very Happy

I really hope that if it were a new type, it'd be a fairy type. If it were magic, I feel like that would be closely related to psychic.

I haven't dove too deep into that discussion thread on the other forum, but I liked the whole "Pokemon X and Y. Nymphs are always female. Now let's wait for Y's reveal." (or something along those lines). I like that idea to support either a new "fairy" type or just that if there's another Eeveelution, it'll be a boy version (while this one is a girl version).

Either way, it's just awesome. I'm gonna dive more into that discussion soon (after I finish my crap homework). It's interesting. And I honestly can't think of why they wouldn't have revealed Ninfia's type right away unless it were a new type. However, I cannot recall whether or not they released Lucario's type right away when he was announced or even Zorua's last generation.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 7:32 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Firstly, I love what you linked, Brani Very Happy

I really hope that if it were a new type, it'd be a fairy type. If it were magic, I feel like that would be closely related to psychic.

I haven't dove too deep into that discussion thread on the other forum, but I liked the whole "Pokemon X and Y. Nymphs are always female. Now let's wait for Y's reveal." (or something along those lines). I like that idea to support either a new "fairy" type or just that if there's another Eeveelution, it'll be a boy version (while this one is a girl version).

Either way, it's just awesome. I'm gonna dive more into that discussion soon (after I finish my crap homework). It's interesting. And I honestly can't think of why they wouldn't have revealed Ninfia's type right away unless it were a new type. However, I cannot recall whether or not they released Lucario's type right away when he was announced or even Zorua's last generation.

Japan does this quite often with Pokemon, its not even the big ones like that sometimes I believe even "Chatot" didn't have its type revealed instantly. However that doesn't rule out a new type at all. They just like to be mysterious and make a big deal out of it XD Come on its good marketing, they want you excited about what its type is
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 7:37 pm

I love that it starts great theories and ideas. Pokemon needs a new type anyway, so it would be awesome if they came out with a new type; Ninfia the first.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 7:38 pm

Yeah i think its time for a new type, looking forward to more info D: but we'll just wait and see won't we

that discussion is really interesting! I was wondering if X and Y were chromosomes or just letters. Make the second versions will be XX and XY or just Z...
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 7:46 pm

A lot of people are linking X and Y to genetics and biology. Even saying that the two legendaries represent nerves and muscle.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 7:52 pm

oh wow! i never thought of it like that! But looking at it now i can totally see it D:

Each generation seems to have its own themes maybe thats what it will be for VI?
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 7:54 pm

I can believe it. If that's the case, I like the proposed argument on the forum Brandi linked with Ninfia being a female based Eeveelution (XX) and will probably have a counterpart; a male based Eeveelution (XY). Makes sense. Plus, if there's new Eeveelutions, they always seem to be released in pairs (with of course the exception of 1st gen).

I didn't think of the legendaries representing nerves and muscle either, but when I thought about it, I too could see it. And it makes sense XD
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 7:57 pm

That really makes sense! I had no idea what to think of the new legendaries? I was like Psychics? Flying? Grass? Normal? Maybe they're possibly a new type? Maybe it is really a Light and Dark Type?

or maybe its a complete troll and the Y one is Dark/Flying, the X one is Grass/Psychic and Ninfia is Normal XD hopefully not
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 8:00 pm

I have no idea what the new legendaries are. They didn't reveal that, right? But I could see the dark/flying and grass/psychic (please no part dragon for once). I also hope Ninfia isn't normal... >.>

I'd like to think, too, if there will be a male counterpart to Ninfia, it will be a cute, dapper mutha; with maybe a little tophat, or a tuxedo, or a CUTE mustache that doesn't make him look silly. Just, a classy ass male Eeveelution.

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 Piq_76322_400x400

It could be possible. I mean look how good, how cute and feminine Ninfia looks. I feel like Gamefreak is really stepping it up on the designs this generation. I for one, already am rather pleased with the way the new Pokemon look.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 8:02 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
I have no idea what the new legendaries are. They didn't reveal that, right? But I could see the dark/flying and grass/psychic (please no part dragon for once). I also hope Ninfia isn't normal... >.>

I'd like to think, too, if there will be a male counterpart to Ninfia, it will be a cute, dapper mutha; with maybe a little tophat, or a tuxedo, or a CUTE mustache that doesn't make him look silly. Just, a classy ass male Eeveelution.

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 Piq_76322_400x400

It could be possible. I mean look how good, how cute and feminine Ninfia looks. I feel like Gamefreak is really stepping it up on the designs this generation. I for one, already am rather pleased with the way the new Pokemon look.

That is the best ever. All pokemon should have hats.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 8:06 pm

I hope we get to see soon enough. And find out what Ninfia is. Because I really wanna know so I can start figuring out how I can make her work on my team (and possibly her male counterpart as well. Given I like him XD)
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 8:52 pm

Wow, I didn't read that far into the link to see the whole chromosomes thing. That's super interesting.

HAHAHA I love the male eevee I WANNA MAKE ONE
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 8:54 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:

Japan does this quite often with Pokemon, its not even the big ones like that sometimes I believe even "Chatot" didn't have its type revealed instantly. However that doesn't rule out a new type at all. They just like to be mysterious and make a big deal out of it XD Come on its good marketing, they want you excited about what its type is

Yeah, didn't they do that for Zekrom and Reshiram?
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime3rd April 2013, 4:42 pm

H'okay my Pokemon (and Sailor Moon) friendies.

Don't take this as fact yet, since it is unconfirmed, but the latest update is....believe it or not.....

A new Mewtwo Form. o_O

I don't know why. Or why it looks the way it does. Or why it's so late. Or why anything at all, but this is what I discovered today on Serebii and so I had to share. o_o can't get a good look at it however, since the image of this new Mewtwo form is like, on promo posters and disproportional and whatnot.

Thoughts?

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 Mewtwo-form-pokemon-xy-head
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime3rd April 2013, 5:21 pm

April fools? xD

But really, that's so so strange and random if it is true o.O
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime3rd April 2013, 5:26 pm

That's what I was thinking. But no April Fools...it's after the fact. We won't know anything until supposedly the weekend if it's real or not.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime3rd April 2013, 5:27 pm

That Mewtwo form looks odd.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime3rd April 2013, 5:31 pm

He makes me think of Frieza XD

I don't know how I would feel about it though. If it's real, I feel like it's 5 generations late and makes no sense now.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime3rd April 2013, 6:31 pm

It really does look like just another form compared to another evolution. Definitely one of the more impractical moves since it's so unnecessary. Plenty of other Pokemon we'd like to see with newer evolutions.

Miltank, Corsola, and Tauros are Pokemon with no evolutions at all. Plenty of other Pokemon that only evolve once.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th April 2013, 4:29 pm

The Mewtwo form is real. Here's a better picture:

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 Tumblr_mkuwybFRa81r0xuh4o1_400

My question is: why are they bringing forth a new Mewtwo form? o.o Especially so late in the series.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th April 2013, 6:06 pm

My guess it was because the 5th generation was a massive reboot and upheaval for Pokemon, bringing back nostalgia. Look closely at the 5th generation and you'll find many parallels with the 1st, basically they're trying to simultaneously coax in old and new fans, good for them. Mewtwo is starring in the new movie so I guess its for that.

I have a hunch that the 6th generations theme will be a mix between Old and New, Modern and Ancient, simply because looking at the recent anime episode plots... its where they're looking at.

Or maybe they realised how dodgy the old Mewtwo was and they're changing it. Look at the position of the "tail" on the original. because *ahem* Tails dont come from that end.

Or perhaps its an evolution like Mewthree or something.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th April 2013, 6:08 pm

Oh I definitely saw the parallels. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th April 2013, 6:13 pm

"His tail coming from the front end makes no sense. Have it come out the back of his head instead!"

Genius.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Version

View previous topic View next topic Back to top