The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Kakyuu

GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime26th January 2019, 3:03 pm

Day 16: Favorite movie?
The second one! (manga adaptation)
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime26th January 2019, 3:57 pm

Day 14: favorite boss battle? 
They're all great, but Nehalania's boss battle was awesome-and a two-parter! The first part of stars is my top favorite part in all the series!

The promise of the rose!
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Naru

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime26th January 2019, 7:19 pm

Day 15: Favorite boss battle?

The battle itself?  Then... the battle against Pharaoh 90.  Nothing like that 'Crisis, Make Up!' Also, the Inners at least served a function by holding the protective barrier.

If we include the whole lead-up? Beryl, because episode 45.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime26th January 2019, 9:20 pm

- Sailor Moon R/Promise of the Rose. Both dub and sub are good (even if the dub censored some stuff) but it's my favorite for primarily being mostly about Mamoru and about a bit of Mamoru's past and Mamoru having a friend that is in no way connected with the Sailor Senshi or Usagi. Just one he made all on his own. (even though Baby Usagi is cute and all, the rose she gave Mamoru and the Rose he gave Fiore doesn't seem fit? But that's my small gripe. It could be that Mamoru's latent powers made it bloom for his affection for Fiore.)

Not to mention it gave me my other favored non-canon Ship of Fiore/Mamoru.

Runner up after that is SuperS/Black Dream hole if only because: A:- Naoko did design these characters. and B: the music was lovely. C: the animation was nice and crisp.
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime27th January 2019, 5:44 am

Quote :
Day 6: Favorite opening/ending song?

Opening: "Moonlight Densetsu" Ending: "A Maiden's Policy"
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime27th January 2019, 3:25 pm

R, hands down.  It's got a great little storyline, and, as ktenshi said, gives positive needed focus to Mamoru.  S and Supers, I was just never able to get into.
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime27th January 2019, 6:46 pm

Oops, hahah, I guess I should've picked a more significant boss battle...
Day 17: Favorite Umino moment?
That one where he gets zipped in the Cutie Moon rod episode, that was kind of mean but hilarious...
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime27th January 2019, 7:50 pm

- I don't have many because, well, I don't normally care about him. However, one of my favorites is when he became Tuxed Umino and tried to save the day. That was nice.
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime28th January 2019, 5:51 am

Quote :
Day 7: Do you prefer the original anime or the dub (any language)?

I prefer original. The dub will always be special to me, but seeing it as it was originally recorded just looks more accurate. Plus if I see it in English, I can tell if something is being overly "hammy" while in a foreign language, the language barrier helps make it more difficult for me, and even if I did see it as such, I could rationalize that it could be a cultural thing that looks normal in Japan.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime28th January 2019, 6:02 pm

Day 17-favorite Umino moment?
He did such a good job protecting Naru during the couples contest when they were up against Haruka and Michiru! I don't remember the episode number, though. 

Day 18-what do you think of Nephrite x Naru?
I actually love what they tried to pull off with Naru. Nephrite gradually realizing that humanity isn't that bad and warming up to someone was fantastic development, and it makes him the roundest villain in the first season because of it. It certainly leaves plenty of opportunities for theories and headcanons about what he was like before Beryl decided to brainwash him and the other shintouu-and perhaps a few theories on Naru as well.
Back to top Go down
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime28th January 2019, 7:11 pm

I would have had a hard time picking this yesterday, but last night I rewatched episode 95, the couples' contest.  And I gotta say, I loved him in it.  Naru-chan, too, of course.
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

Title : Elite Senshi

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime28th January 2019, 9:37 pm

Day 12: Least favorite anime-specific thing?

Hmmmmm. I can't pick a least favorite thing really. If I had to choose maybe Moonlight Knight but I do like the idea of the character so I dunno.
Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime28th January 2019, 10:12 pm

Day 18: What did you think of Nephrite x Naru?

- I have several thoughts on it. All of them are different to one degree or another and considering it's been years and I've had time to dwell on it.... Strap in, I gotta lot to say.

First off, it is legit one of the most emotional arcs to actually happen. It's on par with the finale for Season one. It was very good in build up and execution. They did a good job on that. It was a nicely told story and the ending was perfect. (no I didn't want Nephrite to survive. It would've undercut all of Naru's characterization and Usagi's too because the entire time Usagi was also learning and understanding what was going on with Naru and how to be a supportive good friend during her grief after Nephrite died and that was done so well, even with a little bit of Mamoru helping and giving advice to her for this. It incorporated everyone that mattered at this point. )

Secondly, I think it was completely One-sided and remained so as Nephrite never said or even showed he was actually in love with Naru but he had a fondness for her and and found her interesting. While Naru was totally in love (for ..some reason) with him. I think the ultimate resolution of it is interesting and how he probably would've liked to have seen more of whatever this new feeling he has goes. (I think, now, character wise he probably would've eventually looked at Naru as like a favorite little sister because I do think Umino and Naru are a better couple in various ways.)

Third- This is where I put on my Fan- Theory hat to say: I think the arc with Naru and Nephrite maybe the reason Usagi slowly stopped killing her enemies outright and started (selectively) redeeming them instead.

I say this because never again (from my memory) do we see civilians get in the way of Sailor Moon and the others trying to kill a villain again. We don't see much of how personal or high these stakes are ever again. (at least not until Hotaru or maybe Chibiusa as Black Lady but it's not the same to a degree though.) It's notably a first and only time we see this because everyone else afterwards has powers when they do that.
Like it's the first time Usagi had an actual moral dilemma she really had to work out and figure out how to get Naru out of what was, in reality, a really bad situation.
Naru was definitely in danger and she was obviously being manipulated through her feelings a lot by Nephrite, who did this knowingly and even come to expect it, even if her feelings were kind of baffling.
(If I was Usagi, I'd tell her mom that some dangerous dude is around her daughter and get her to send Naru to another part of the country or something.)

BUT, that aside, it gives Usagi and the others an idea that maybe not *all* the villains they fight are horrible monsters that should be killed instantly. It lends itself to the idea of maybe people are just doing things because they don't know anything better or they had no choice.

I feel it starts here that Usagi slowly, over time, starts to change her methods in dealing with human villains (or human-like villains.).

It would explain why in the later seasons she starts refusing to kill anyone, if she could just heal them of negative/bad influences instead.

Basically, I think Nephrite and Naru's story arc was important but as a couple, I think it's completely one-sided from Naru's part as Nephrite doesn't even think of her romantically, just that he's fond of her and think she's special. It doesn't necessarily mean he has a romantic interest.
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime29th January 2019, 4:57 am

Quote :
Day 8: Is there anything specific to the anime that you prefer over other versions?

Well, as others have said, the fillers, when used right, are a great way of developing the side characters, including the villains. There's just more time to do so than with other incarnations, simply by the nature of a tv show with lots of episodes each season.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime29th January 2019, 3:39 pm

Day 19-which OST would you have as your ringtone?
I've had the outers transformation music as my ringtone before, as well as the sailor stars song. I know i'd have march of the sailor soldiers in the future, but I'm not sure when lol. My current ringtone is actually Rashiku Ikimasho, if you want me to be honest. Razz
Back to top Go down
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime29th January 2019, 7:32 pm

Day 18: What did you think of Nephrite x Naru?

I can't top what ktenshi said above.  I think you hit the nail on the head!

But to sum up my feelings about it in one sentence: It legit made me cry, almost as much as episode 45, so I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime29th January 2019, 9:17 pm

Day 19: If you could choose one song or background music from the anime as your ringtone, what would you choose?

- Tuxedo Mirage or Outer's theme.
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime29th January 2019, 9:58 pm

Day 13: Is the anime your favorite version of Sailor Moon? Why or why not?

The 90s anime? Absolutely! GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 1955989781

Personally I'd argue that I grew up with the anime first so I'd feel very nostalgic about it, but now that I've read most of the manga and am following Crystal to me the 90s anime has a lot more meat to the story. It's hard not to appreciate the hard work and the clever references Naoko puts into her creation but I do find it lacking in character development, the 90s anime actually takes the time to yes add filler into the story but also mould the characters into their own personalities that fans tend to be much more aware of.
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2019, 6:01 am

Quote :
Day 9: Who is your favorite voice actor (International or Japanese)?

Tough, since I don't really know a lot of voice actors by name (with a few exceptions to career voice actors and actors with distinct voices). Honestly, this one stumps me, since I don't know any by name and none really stand out to me to remember. GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 2276477511
Back to top Go down
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2019, 6:56 am

Day 19: If you could choose one song or background music from the anime as your ringtone, what would you choose?

Tenou Haruka to Kaiou Michiru

It's classical-ish and lively, and loud enough for a nearly deaf person like me to hear when the phone rings.

Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2019, 7:45 pm

Day 20-Which arc is most rewatchable-is it also your favorite?
I've found S is the most rewatchable. And yep! It's a favorite! This is the season when we get the full cast! The mystery behind the new senshi that don't work well with others-the return of chibi-moon as an actual senshi, and a new form for sailor moon! It really went above and beyond the previous arcs' formulas and expectations; at least for me it seemed to.
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2019, 11:14 pm

Day 14: Best monster of the day?

Um, actually I don't have an answer for that. Is it weird to not favor any monster over another?
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2019, 11:35 pm

Day 20: Which arc is the most rewatchable? Is it also your favorite arc?

-Most rewatchable is Season 1-2. If only because the building dynamics and interesting plotlines (even if they're dropped) are intriguing and they actually- wait for it- *add* something to the canon lore that the latter seasons kinda..never do.

Favorite seasons: First-Second and the Third.
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2019, 11:58 pm

Day 18: What do you think of Nephrite x Naru?
I think they're okay, though I don't have that much to say. It is cool to see the villains get development, though!
Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official PGSM Zoisite

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime31st January 2019, 2:07 am

Day 11: Which transformation sequence do you like best and why?
after rewatch all transformation sequence xD i can say it's sailor mercury in amy first love my favourite. It's a very beautiful sequence.

All sailor moon transformations are good but too long...for me.
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime31st January 2019, 3:42 am

Quote :
Day 10: Which of Mamoru's outfits is the worst? Do you like any of them?

I honestly never really looked at them much. I mean some aren't great but nothing that really stands out as absolute terrible.
Back to top Go down
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime31st January 2019, 7:03 am

Day 20-Which arc is most rewatchable-is it also your favorite?

Based on experience, I'd say Classic and R.  Because whenever I re-watch, I get through those seasons no problem, and then slowly get stuck in S.  And yes, they're also my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime31st January 2019, 7:53 pm

Day 21: Favorite friendship?

- Naru/Usagi
-Chibiusa/Momoko

- Mamoru/Motoki
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime31st January 2019, 11:10 pm

Day 15: Favorite boss battle?

I love boss battles in general, always so much more epic and grand. My personal favorite has to be the fight against Mega Beryl, you just can't beat the original I think.
Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official PGSM Zoisite

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st February 2019, 1:27 am

Day 12: Least favorite anime-specific thing?

Lots of but difficult to explain all in english...

Day 13: Is the anime your favorite version of Sailor Moon? Why or why not?

No it's my least favorite. I think it's because i watched PGSM first. The anime is too light for me and there are lots of things who disturb me. 
In order i prefer : PGSM, Sera myu/manga , anime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top