The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

[SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super Empty
PostSubject: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime5th July 2012, 8:29 pm

Just finished rewatching Sailor Moon S and am currently 3/4 through SuperS.

and I have to admit, I have NO idea about why SuperS seems to unpopular. I'm liking it alot better than S. It just seems S was just about sixty times more repetitive than SuperS... the S episodes also felt like they had less of a point while the SuperS episodes deal with issues and lessons. o.o Also in S you've got Kaolinite and Eudial's arcs... though I love their characters, their storylines until their last two episodes are pretty dull. They don't even stick around for the battle, just leave the daimons to do everything. Mimet was a bit better, but S didn't really get OMG AMAZING!!! till around Tellur came in, though it had its moments. I'm not saying I don't like S. It's just in the grand scheme of the anime, I just can't see it as the O_O!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of the series.

Is it really just because the Outer Senshi are missing?... and when I say Outer Senshi... you guys know I mean Uranus. Because from watching it this is what happens to Neptune, Pluto and Saturn [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super 2632955583 [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super 2632955583  [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super 2632955583

So what is the big fuss about S, I think its just as good as the rest of the series but not better. I really really enjoyed it dont get me wrong. But no more than i enjoyed the other three series. Im yet to finish SuperS again... up to episode 156 and theres Stars following that

I mean about 80% of episodes in S start EXACTLY the same way. Everyone's in Hikawa Shrine studying. Usagi says something stupid, Rei corrects and yells at her, Makoto is confused, Minako mixes up a proverb and Ami tells everyone how important it is to study. Scene switches to Kaolinite and Tomoe. Stock animation of Daimons being mad. Daimon egg goes somewhere. Actual episode begins.
Back to top Go down
Regno Monarch
Star Seed

Regno Monarch

Star Seed

Title : Resident Evil Dictator

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime6th July 2012, 7:29 am

I enjoy S because of Haruka and Michiru, yes. And I don't enjoy Chibi-Usa too much, thus adding to my feelings about SuperS.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime10th July 2012, 3:48 pm

Personally, I think these two seasons are more of my favorite seasons. The only thing that did bother me with the SuperS season was the fact that the Outers were missing (all of them), but other than that, these two seasons are more of my favorite ones. I'm not a Chibiusa hater and I love Chibiusa x Helios too XD

I love both story lines. S because it seems so...dark. Or, it was supposed to be. Snatching hearts seemed rather dark to me. And the way the Outer Senshi presented themselves, leaving the Inners to wonder if they could trust them and all that, spiced it up a little bit (I mean, the Outers had such a dark outlook at their mission). I also loved Chibiusa's and Hotaru's relationship and watching it grow; it was sweet ^^ and then the fact that Hotaru had Mistress 9 inside her and that it was Chibiusa's heart crystal that triggered her transformation into Mistress 9... Sad

SuperS is more lighthearted and doesn't start getting dark until the end (at least from what I remember...I won't be rewatching this season until the fall). I love how it's more about Chibiusa too. I thought it was a cute concept to have both Sailor Moon and Sailor Chibi Moon needing each other in battle. I don't see that as Sailor Moon becoming "dependent on Chibi Moon" the entire season to finish the bad guy (and we all know she probably could); I see it more of a training tool for Chibiusa. She went from her little painful, comical distraction with her pink moon stick, to being a big helper to Sailor Moon by summoning Pegasus so Sailor Moon could borrow his power. The next step would probably be Chibi Moon getting an attack almost equal in power to that of Sailor Moon or equal in power.

Both have their pros and cons. There will never be a "perfect" anything in the world, Sailor Moon included.
Back to top Go down
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lady Claudia of Crystal Tokyo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime10th July 2012, 3:58 pm

I like SuperS a lot better than most of the seasons actually, but alas the bias because I love Chibiusa, Helios, Queen Nehelenia and the Amazoness Quartet.

Frankly, I really love Haruka and Michiru. They're good characters and their love is awesome.....but they are definitely not my favorite characters, and the anime made them so HORRIBLE in S, and I'm not talking about the Dub either.

I mean they did not have to be so rude intially when they found out about Usagi being Sailor Moon. And even AFTER that, they were still rude, making Usagi PROVE herself to them.

After all of that, I was GLAD to see them leave, only because I knew they would be back eventually. I thought they would have more of a role in Stars but that didn't happen.

The only thing that I really like in S is Hotaru because she makes things interesting. Plus I love Mistress 9. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://claujowrites.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/monkeejr?feature=mhee
SailorMeowMeow
Star Seed

SailorMeowMeow

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime11th July 2012, 7:49 pm

I like S because it introduced some of my favorite characters. SuperS seemed a little childish for my taste (mainly because it was based around Chibiusa alot) but then again I really like both. I love the villains in S as well. Kaorinite and Witches 5. I didn't like Zirconia but Queen Nehelenia is the bomb. But again I didn't particularly like the Amazon Trio...and I only liked the Amazoness Quartet in the manga, the had a mucher bigger role there anyways.

Overall I prefer S because of the storyline based around Hotaru, plus the season finale was EPIC. Mistress 9! Pharaoh 90! The scene where Sailor Moon receives everyone's power and does her final Crisis henshin. <333 Ahhh
Back to top Go down
nekosenshi
Star Seed

nekosenshi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime17th July 2012, 11:59 am

I always loved S much more than Super S. The Amazon Trio are so stupid it's annoying.
Also, S has the Outer Senshi, who rule! I loved Hotaru's story.
Back to top Go down
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime17th July 2012, 1:51 pm

Aww I loved The Amazon Trio, especially Fisheye! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://claujowrites.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/monkeejr?feature=mhee
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime18th July 2012, 12:36 pm

Moon Kaleido Scope wrote:

I love both story lines. S because it seems so...dark. Or, it was supposed to be. Snatching hearts seemed rather dark to me.

I think that looking through somebody's dream is also dark, especially the way Amazon Trio did it (which can be quite suggestive for older audience).

S despite it's darkness has very clearly idealistic message. So the division of dark S and light SS may not be complete.

S's writing seems to be more consistent. SS is like two series in one, focused on different audiences. It results from making Chibiusa coheroine. SS also seems to be the most "ordinary" of all seasons, most about everyday life.

I may be the only person in the world, who thinks it was good to not have Outers in SS. They would not have place in the storyline.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime18th July 2012, 6:21 pm

Moonlight Lady wrote:
Moon Kaleido Scope wrote:

I love both story lines. S because it seems so...dark. Or, it was supposed to be. Snatching hearts seemed rather dark to me.
I may be the only person in the world, who thinks it was good to not have Outers in SS. They would not have place in the storyline.

Oh no, I totally agree. I actually enjoyed the season because the Outers weren't in it. Not saying I hate them, but it really wasn't a season centered around them. It was even awkward when they were in the SuperS movie.
Back to top Go down
Chillygodzilly
Lotus Crystal

Chillygodzilly

Lotus Crystal

Title : Previously Lovely Lexi

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime18th July 2012, 6:39 pm

I enjoy S more the Super S because it was the first amount of the anime I saw (Excluding classic, season 1).It holds a special place in my heart, mostly for the music, the eye catches, and the attacks, the fact that it's darker also makes me like it, it's just...more my taste I guess...I liked Super S but, it can't replace S in my heart [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super 2082223973
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillygodzilly.tumblr.com http://chillygodzilly.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/baybswurl95
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime18th July 2012, 6:51 pm

thewhitemoonfamily wrote:

Oh no, I totally agree. I actually enjoyed the season because the Outers weren't in it. Not saying I hate them, but it really wasn't a season centered around them. It was even awkward when they were in the SuperS movie.

Though I didn't like that the Outers weren't in SuperS, I also found it awkward that they were in the SuperS movie. My question for that movie is: where did they come from? How did they even get to the Marzipan Castle? XD
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime18th July 2012, 7:29 pm

As many know, season S of the anime will always be my favorite season. While the final episode may not have been the best way to end the season as it was more of the beginning of SuperS, the build up up to the final battle against Pharaoh 90 to me was very well executed.

In season S, you also see the characters grow with the introduction of the Outer Senshi, who had their mission and morals and Usagi and the gang dealing with that. Also, this really showed how mature and strong Usagi became as Sailor Moon from when she originally started in the first season and R.

Now, I will say this time and time again. S season had an excellent build up and a really great story to go with it. The let down of season S was the final episode, which really made no sense in it other than to tell you what happened Haruka, Michiru, Setsuna, and Hotaru. That was pretty much it though I think very unecessary.

The story of SuperS really downplayed Usagi and kind of made her go backwards to where she had progressed from SuperS as well as focus a lot more on Chibiusa, where Usagi took a backseat and was more of the comic relief. For that very reason, I was not happy with the season itself coming from a season that had such a strong build up to the final boss battle. I really was not happy with how the Amazon Quartet was portrayed in the anime as well although I did enjoy the Amazon Trio.

I will say though, SuperS has one of the best endings in the entire anime series. I just wished that the season was just as strong following up to the final episode as the final episode was. I just felt that the anime lacked a strong buildup and execution, and in a way, was just use to really market merchandise for the season as much as Toei/Bandai could. (I am currently re-watching SuperS)

All seasons of Sailor Moon have some sort of repetition in it, especialy with the MOtD, but S was the first season where the season took a turn in the mood where the storyline was darker. If you look at the other seasons:

• Classic - We have the Four Generals throughout the season trying to steal energy with youma and only sticking around when one of them was about ready to die.

• Stars - The Animates only stuck around pretty much only to confirm with the host held a star seed. After they determined if it was bad, they would disappeared letting their subordiant taking care of the rest, unless they were about ready to be killed off.

This is something that is done all the time within this series (and a lot of other series as well) and that was to prolong the season. In the manga, the main baddies didn't survive as long whereas in the anime, they prolong it to make the series longer. I believe this doesn't feel that way in SuperS becausethere are two groups that switch up every now and then as to who is going to look for a dream mirror (Trio and Quartet). So instead of sticking with one main baddie throughout the series, it switches until you get to the final boss.

So anyways, there's my two cents ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime19th July 2012, 2:29 am

nekosenshi wrote:
I always loved S much more than Super S. The Amazon Trio are so stupid it's annoying.
Also, S has the Outer Senshi, who rule! I loved Hotaru's story.

It'd be nice to see you elaborate some more. Just calling the Amazon Trio stupid isn't really a good argument. For some reason, I rather like Amazon Trio (even though their arc goes on for quite some time, but their finale was really nice). Plus the implications of looking into someone else's dream, unwanted by the victim. It was an interesting and at times rather disturbing way to go about the season. Also, is anyone else disturbed by some of the early Deadmoon circus scenes? Its all dark and creepy. Then creepy wrinkled Zirconia and then there's the parts when the Quartet come in and they are all repeatinig the yume yume line. Gosh, if you really look deep into it, SuperS is a dark story with lots of humor and fluff on top.

My main problem with this debate is that I find most people complain about the filler of SuperS, but don't realize that S has just as much filler (and not as entertaining/good filler either...) as SuperS. I also really don't like the argument "but Outers!" Because as much as I like them, its really (as Miki said), Haruka focused, not focused on the other characters (except when you finally get to Hotaru/Saturn at the end). Poor Michiru and Pluto get shafted. Sad What I do like about the S season though, is its finale (excluding the final final ep i don't count that lol) and the episodes leading up to that. I really enjoyed Mistress 9 and Sailor Moon giving up the grail. However when it comes to the S season, its the season I wish would follow the anime more (next to Stars). They completely skip over the fact that Sailor Moon is the messiah and is who saves the world along with Saturn. :/ Oh well.

I think the thing I like about SuperS is that a lot of its filler is entertaining or just down right good episodes. Also Diana. You can't help but not love Diana! Razz
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime19th July 2012, 12:34 pm

In SuperS there is also the revelation that Monsters of the Day used to be human, whom Nehellenia stole dream mirrors - and Sailors kept destroying them... Shocked

The humour of SuperS also does not seem light, but has quite mean streak, often ridiculing people.

Small Lady wrote:
its finale (excluding the final final ep i don't count that lol)

I don't also - it's more like epilogue. But IMO it's good idea to get some extra time with characters after the main storyline has ended. I count it as advantage of S.

As advantage of SuperS I count the powerups of girls- for me especially Ami's episode was beautiful.

I believe that Outers were brought to SuperS movie, due to fan's complaining about their absence that season.
Back to top Go down
ChibiBoi
Star Seed

ChibiBoi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 2:57 am

I didn't really like SuperS as much as the rest because it was 90% filler, and they didn't do much in the finale either... Usagi jumped off a building, Nehelenia went to sleep... and the end... :-/ It was so anticlimactic.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 1:33 pm

As opposed to Saturn jumping into a big fall of flames obscuring everything then they spent an episode searching for her and then another with just stopping a crazy Daimon that slipped through. Not anti-climatic...?

I personally think the climax of SuperS is when Chibiusa unleashed the power of the Golden Crystal rather than Super Sailor Moon jumping off...

Also Super has just as much filler as SuperS and its not nearly as entertaining. By mid-series of SuperS we saw a little of Makoto's past, Ami and Mamoru's friendship growing, Usagi and Mamoru's relationship being tested, a villain actually listening to Usagi for once and reconsidering their mission, plenty of Minako-antics and the introduction of Diana.

Meanwhile by that time in S don't offer anything particularly grabbing. Ami goes swimming and annoys Michiru. Everyone thinks Makoto's a lesbian but she just has a scarf. Naru and Umino enter a contest and Michiru played the violin with lemons.

To be fair Kaolinite's end of arc two-parter was epic and amazing but the Amazon Trio's still beats her out.

I think the writers must have realised what they were doing with Kaolinite and Eudial, the villains were far too competent and in the background. Unlike previous competent villains (such as Petz and Kunzite who regularly engaged with the Sailor Soldiers), Kaolinite and Eudial seem to feel to superior to bother and just leave without anything, though in Eudial's case its a bit funnier, but its hard to find it funny for ten episodes. Though the Amazon Trio barely give the Soldiers a run for their money, they have very interesting dialogue and scenes with the girls. Unlike Kaolinite and Eudial who just hover around the back being bored. S picked up around when Mimet was introduced and the series made its turn-around since Mimet was not very competent, however its much funnier to see a coward running from battle than a brave warrior.
(also its hard to justify "ignoring the last episode of S" since then can't you just ignore episodes in SuperS?)

[SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super S110

vs.

[SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super Supers11
Back to top Go down
SailorCelestialTiger
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 2:51 pm

For me, the two seasons are on almost-equal footing. There are good and bad points to each. For example, from S, I loved the darker tones and that Uranus and Neptune were more anti-heroes than anything else. On the other hand, the way the episodes were structured, they were occasionally very repetitive compared even to the other seasons.

With SuperS, I found myself fascinated by the villains, especially the Amazon Trio, moreso than I was by the villains in S. However, while it doesn't particularly bother me that the story centered more around Chibiusa and Pegasus, it did kind of irk me that they gave Usagi the maturity level of a six-year-old. I felt like that was a major step backwards, especially with everything she'd been through up until that point in the series. Also, some points in SuperS confused me, even with a second viewing where I wasn't in the hospital and on pain meds.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 3:02 pm

The first fwe times when I watched SuperS, I thought too that Usagi had developed backwards but I realised later that it wasn't that, it was just Usagi had been elevated to a "cool big sis" role, the series was no longer about Usagi growing up but Chibiusa growing up, we're basically just not seeing Usagi's serious side through most of SuperS not that she's become more childish, there's just little to no focus on it.

This is also a good site:

http://www.lizzard.net/SuperS/
Back to top Go down
Miso
Pyramidal Crystal

Miso

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Sailor Misoshiru (Miso soup)

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 8:31 pm

I think the reason I liked S so much more than supers was the fact that S was "darker" in comparison to the rest of the seasons. As well as Neptune, Uranus, and Saturn being introduced as well. I really wished they had kept the outer senshi in the SuperS arc, I probably would of liked it more if it were like the manga. As stated before I also don't like that they focus more on Chibiusa and kind of made Sailor Moon more of a comic relief. That seriously bugged the heck out of me. I mean, I do have to say Chibiusa has grown on me over the years but it just doesn't seem right to me that it should focus so much more on her that Usagi.
Back to top Go down
http://kittehsquee.tumblr.com/ http://kittehsquee.tumblr.com/
ChibiBoi
Star Seed

ChibiBoi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 9:27 pm

S did have its share of fillers, but I absolutely loved episodes 101 and 102 with Kaorinite identifying Usagi as Sailor Moon and her "defeat." I also loved episodes 109-111, with Minako trying to get her pure heart stolen, going crazy, having the Inner Sailor Soldiers reveal themselves to Uranus and Neptune, Uranus stealing Usagi's broach and going off to face Eudial, the revelation of the talismans, return of Sailor Pluto, I feel those three episodes were absolutely amazing.

And as for the finale of S, I typically ignore the last episode because by that time, they had already defeated the "big bad" of the season, and the climax of that battle was pretty intense, and even the artwork was beautiful.

I just feel the way the SuperS "defeat" of Nehellenia was not really that great. The Stars version of her defeat was great though, I loved it.

I did really enjoy the Amazon Trio in SuperS, though I don't think they were in the manga (I haven't gotten that far to finally reading the manga yet, I'm only at the part where Black Lady comes in hehe). And I loved how the Trio sacrificed themselves, and then becoming human.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 9:31 pm

Put a little Queen Nehelenia in your life and everything just feels better. True story. [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super 2867416775
Back to top Go down
Sailor Symphonia
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Symphonia

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Guardian of Music ♥

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime23rd November 2012, 6:40 pm

Super will always be my favorite arc C: I know it was repetitive a lot but I think there was a good plot line behind it. But it did annoy me that Eudial and Mimete haqd like 20 episodes of screen time while the other Witches were an episode each. Also I felt like we finally were opened up to the main cast and we learned a lot of backstories (Like how Neptune and Uranus met, Saturn's tragic past, ect...)
Back to top Go down
http://arina-tsuki.tumblr.com
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime25th November 2012, 7:28 am

I actually loved climax of SuperS, when the Golden Crystal is powered by normal people's dreams - it is such a good message.

However, I find much of the humour in SuperS quite offputting - usually at somebody's expense (which is one of the reason I don't find SuperS so light).

I also wonder about the lack of school in SuperS, espcially given that they are short before exams. In S it's such important topic and in SuperS disappears. It could be said they studied off camera, but they have suddenly time for ballet lessons?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime25th November 2012, 2:31 pm

SuperS likely takes place in that magical time period after exams but before beginning high school which is why Chibiusa is at school while the girls are not.
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime25th November 2012, 2:48 pm

I love both seasons. I think the thing about Super is that it was the first season to introduce a lot of complexities instead of the regular stuff with good guys killing bad guys. The music was wonderful, and a bunch of new characters were invented. The ending had you at the edge of your seat and whatnot.

I think one of the things with SuperS is just that it came right after Super :p
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime4th December 2012, 12:14 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
SuperS likely takes place in that magical time period after exams but before beginning high school which is why Chibiusa is at school while the girls are not.

Wow, brilliant. Thank you - it really explains much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super   [SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SPOILER] Anime Wars: Sailor Moon SuperS vs. Sailor Moon Super

View previous topic View next topic Back to top