The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon 90’s Anime: If Sailor Moon wasn’t Usagi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mystical Moonbow
Star Seed

Mystical Moonbow

Star Seed

Sailor Moon 90’s Anime: If Sailor Moon wasn’t Usagi Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon 90’s Anime: If Sailor Moon wasn’t Usagi   Sailor Moon 90’s Anime: If Sailor Moon wasn’t Usagi I_icon_minitime22nd February 2019, 10:53 am

I was rewatching episode 34 of the first season of the classic anime,and was wondering if you all think that Mamoru would still risk his life for any of the other girls if Usagi wasn’t Sailor Moon. For example, if Rei or Minako was the true identity of Sailor Moon, then would Mamoru protect them from Zoisite’s ice crystal attack to the same extent as he did with Usagi?
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 90’s Anime: If Sailor Moon wasn’t Usagi   Sailor Moon 90’s Anime: If Sailor Moon wasn’t Usagi I_icon_minitime22nd February 2019, 2:13 pm

Um, Yes.
And I'll tell you why- Mamoru at his core is still a hero. He's still the type that wants to help. He's still going to make sure the girls are alright even if Usagi wasn't Sailor Moon.

Unlike most times when he does save Sailor Moon (or the girls in general), with Zoisite, he had to make a split second decision in that instant which means he needed to put himself in harms way to save another. It's different from the other times because then he's had both distance and ability to see which way the enemy may be aiming, thus is able to repel them with his roses or cane with high precision.

Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 90’s Anime: If Sailor Moon wasn’t Usagi   Sailor Moon 90’s Anime: If Sailor Moon wasn’t Usagi I_icon_minitime22nd February 2019, 9:16 pm

I dunno... This is a pretty big "what if" scenario... You seem to have a hunch that Mamoru would still be in love with Usagi regardless of her Senshi identity at least... But the thing is she's inseparable from that identity. It's a major part of who she is and thus a major part of how their chemistry comes together as well. That idea of their Senshi "duties" being inescapable because they're part of *who they are* is the theme of several episodes where the girls have to come to terms with that.

So in topsy turvey world where Usagi is not Sailor Moon? Well, then she's not really Usagi either. I have no idea if Mamoru would be in love with her or even if he as Endymion would have fallen in love with whomever Serenity was. So would he save this mystery Sailor Moon swapped with an Inner in that episode in the same way? Would that episode have even happened in the first place?? Who knows. I personally don't think a hero complex can explain everything in this case though. There are far too many unknown factors.

Also, on an administrative note, I've moved this topic into our Sailor Moon Anime section. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 90’s Anime: If Sailor Moon wasn’t Usagi   Sailor Moon 90’s Anime: If Sailor Moon wasn’t Usagi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon 90’s Anime: If Sailor Moon wasn’t Usagi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top