The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th January 2019, 2:20 am

Day 6: Favorite opening/ending song?

Opening: Sailor Moon Stars
ED: Very first one because I liked the imagery and it was very dreamy to me.
Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official PGSM Zoisite

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th January 2019, 2:32 am

Day 4: Favorite canon couple?
Usa/Mamo
Back to top Go down
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Naru

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th January 2019, 6:47 am

Day 5: Couple you wish were canon?

So, again, I'm not sure what exactly constitutes canon.  But, I've always appreciated Yuichiro and Rei.  Don't ask me why, because I'm not sure I'll be able to answer.

Also, since the manga club started reading Future Reunion, Chibiusa and Helios is on the rise on my shipping list.
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Kakyuu

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th January 2019, 12:42 pm

Day 5: Well, I'm sure that this will totally come as a surprise, but Seiya and Usagi would probably be the couple I wish were canon the most! I'm not really sure I could summarize why into a short several sentences, so I'll post later in one of the other discussion threads about it. GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 1955989781 GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 190603310 GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 3827717276
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th January 2019, 2:41 pm

Day 5-couple you wish were canon

At first, I couldn't think of anything since most of my ships are canon-even the somewhat vague ones. But after sitting in it for a while, the couple I wish was canon are Chibiusa and Hotaru. Their dynamic is beyond precious-and we even get a glimpse as to how they'd act when their older in the Parallel Sailor Moon short story-even if it is considered non-canon.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

Title : Elite Senshi

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th January 2019, 10:01 pm

Unimo and Naru.
'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th January 2019, 6:53 am

Day 6: Favorite opening/ending song?

Y'know, the Stars opening is great, but Moonlight Densetsu is classic; and I can't really choose!  If forced to pick one and only one... GAH, fine, Stars.

Ending song is Otome no Policy, especially in its BGM form.  Heart Moving and both the SuperS endings are really close, though.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th January 2019, 10:59 am

Day 7: Do you prefer the original anime or the dub (any language)?
- When it comes to it: Story/Plot wise I prefer the Original with subs because that's as close to the actual story that I can get without tampering/censorship. (Now, of course, we have Viz and so they'd be my second choice.)
When it comes to nostalgic moments or certain episodes that I do think were better done in the dub in some ways (Or just for LOLS) I prefer the DiC dub over Cloverway.
Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th January 2019, 11:06 am

Chibiusa/helios
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th January 2019, 12:10 pm

In terms of Canon, I would have to go with Haruka and Michiru. They broke so many boundaries for the time and became a voice for an entire generation of LGBT(at the time, I am aware there are more now) persons everywhere, relatable and iconic. 
I also love how they vibe together as a whole and can still be humorous with each other. They are such goals.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th January 2019, 3:32 pm

Day 6: Favorite opening, uhh, the Sailor Stars opening I guess. It seemed to emphasize the thematic change, and I guess that having a different opening was nice.
As for the ending themes, they were all pretty nice. I think it's probably between "Otome no Policy" and "Kaze mo Sora mo Kitto" as for the favorite ending theme. The cheerful and slightly somber tone of those two seem apropos to their arcs. "Kaze mo Sora mo Kitto" slightly more because I like to play that song GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 111859084 .
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th January 2019, 9:22 pm

Day 6
Favorite Opening and Ending songs?
The Stars opening is my favorite of the five seasons, and my favorite endings are a toss up between Rashiku Ikimasho (the second ending of the Supers season) and the Stars ending theme.

Day 7-do you prefer the original or the dub?
I've always prefer ed the original, though I can never truly hate the DIC/Cloverway dub, since it's what got me into the franchise in the first place. I'm getting increasingly curious and impressed by the new english dub, though.
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th January 2019, 10:31 pm

hmmm, that's a hard one. I really want Yuuichiro and Rei to get closer, maybe she wouldn't be so distant and they might do well together.

One can only hope.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th January 2019, 9:41 am

Day 8: Is there anything specific to the anime that you prefer over other versions?

- The only thing I can say I liked better was the Shitennou (particularly Kunzite/Zoisite.) And, I think, weirdly enough, I like what they did with Chibi Chibi but that's only because I don't care for the implication of Usagi becoming Sailor Cosmos- like at all.

Also, as weird as I am, I like the -concept- of the break up arc because I think in the hands of a better writer, it could've been an interesting look at Usa/Mamo's relationship and whether they're together because Destiny or because they love one another truly. (this question isn't needed in the Manga, and PGSM kinda did address this in a bit better way.)

Anything else? I guess they gave the villains a better individual personalities, but the flipside is some of them were definitely one note and the infighting took away from anything cool they could've done.

Speaking of- I think the only Villain(s) I liked the most was Queen Nehellenia's backstory. I think that was done very well.
Back to top Go down
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th January 2019, 10:00 am

Day 7: Do you prefer the original anime or the dub (any language)?

The original.  I've tried the Viz dub, and while I appreciate it, its just not the same for me since I am used to the Japanese VAs on my first watch.  Subtitles are no problem for me; I usually need to read them for dubs, too, since I'm so hard of hearing.
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th January 2019, 2:31 pm

I'm sure this comes to no shock to anyone. AMI AND MAKOTO. To me their respective personalities blend so well, and with their roles as the brains and brawn it just works so well.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th January 2019, 5:25 pm

Day 7: The original anime I prefer, but I have recently grown to like the Chinese dub, which is sadly only for two seasons; the subtitles don't really bother me very much, which is kind of funny, since I didn't like watching anime without localized dubs at first. GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 2276477511 GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 2276477511
Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2019, 4:21 am

Day 6
Favorite Opening and Ending songs?

Ending stars, but opening... the classic
Back to top Go down
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2019, 9:38 am

Day 8: Is there anything specific to the anime that you prefer over other versions?

I enjoy its lightheartedness, which both makes it more fun and renders the serious parts (the finales, for instance) all the more impactful. Also the generous amount of time developing the characters, especially the Inners, which also helped make the finales and deaths of characters more meaningful.

Granted, I haven't completely finished any other form of Sailor Moon, but I think I have a good general idea of them.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2019, 2:04 pm

Day 9: Who is your favorite voice actor (International or Japanese)?
-idk, for US dub: Season one-two Usagi's vas and Viz's Usagi VA. um... I liked Chibiusa's Va over all. er...honestly I'm better at pointing out which one I don't like (which is Cloverway Usagi's va dub and Ami's.) but that's it. I never know their names because I just don't spend enough time to contemplate them.
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2019, 2:29 pm

My favorite ending song hands down is Tuxedo Mirage  - it is what inspired me to learn Japanese, as the word Hanabi was my favorite Japanese word after I heart the song. It was the first song I learned completely as well, along with the Japanese words included.

My favorite Opening is such a hard choice. If we're choosing between the two Moonlight Desnsetsu versions, I would have to go with the Pretty Cast version, as always. 

Sailor Star Song is such a good song, I can't chose between the two, So I love MD and Sailor Star Song equally.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2019, 2:51 pm

Day 8-anything specific you like in this version versus the other versions?

I LOVE the extra personality traits the rest of the cast is given! In the manga and crystal, everyone except Usagi, Mamoru and Chibiusa are rather flat; and in the myus and PGSM-you can tell they took the personalities the 90s anime gave them and ran with it for whatever each rendition needed. Heck, even the side characters have much more to them in the anime! Same with the villains! It's fantastic, and one of the most memorable things about the series. <3
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2019, 9:18 pm

Day 8: I have to agree with everyone else that the anime did well with letting the side characters and Inner Senshi have time to shine! Even with the Outer Senshi also, the anime went more in depth with their relationship, which is really nice. The relationships especially with Rei and Usagi were developed much more, and that really did make the anime's later parts feeling seem very touching.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2019, 9:57 pm

Day 10: Which of Mamoru's outfits is the worst? Do you like any of them?
-This is probably my least favorite question and least favorite thing about the fandom is how constant they make fun of Mamoru's style like no one else in the series didn't have questionable taste or their outfits were never bad.   I kinda wish that sort of question was more broad to include -everyone- and not just him. It just feels...not great.

That aside, he's got several outfits that are nice and fine -brown jacket, white shirt, blue pants, shoes.    I also like this one as well- or his winter outfit here is also great.Biker outfit (made for safety).  His uniform here is also cute on him.  Not to mention just a robe
will also.

Like.. he has clothes. People are just mean.
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2019, 10:43 pm

…………Moonlight Densetsu………

Were there any others? xD
Back to top Go down
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th January 2019, 11:21 am

Day 9: Who is your favorite voice actor (International or Japanese)? 

I'm not one to stay current on VAs or even know their names, but Usagi's Japanese VA made so many scenes so memorable with her acting (Crisis, make up!) that I have to go with her.

Quote :
Ktenshi-
This is probably my least favorite question and least favorite thing about the fandom is how constant they make fun of Mamoru's style like no one else in the series didn't have questionable taste or their outfits were never bad. 
Like.. he has clothes. People are just mean.

I think this is also a function of his being the only male main character in a predominantly female cast.  It also didn't help that his first outfit involved purple pleats which Dub!Serena actually called out in-universe.  Personally, I didn't notice anything special about Mamoru's clothes until after I had finished the entire anime and started getting into the fandom.
Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th January 2019, 12:20 pm

Day 7-do you prefer the original or the dub?
The original... the french dub is just horrible when you see original first xD
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th January 2019, 7:31 pm

Day 9: I don't know if I can say that I had a favorite among the Japanese cast, since they were all good. As for the Chinese voicing, I don't know much about them but I thought the cats' voices were pretty good. Artemis sounds just as I thought he would sound, and Minako's seiyuu voices Luna in the second season, which is funny in a way. GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 4244726527
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th January 2019, 10:10 pm

Day 7: Do you prefer the original anime or the dub (English)?

I like both but I do favor dubs more simply because I grew up with dubs and it's easier for me to focus on the image rather than the subtitles.
Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st January 2019, 6:12 am

Day 8-anything specific you like in this version versus the other versions?

no, i am not a fan of the anime, i prefer PGSM, Manga and sera myu^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top