The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime3rd July 2013, 9:42 pm

Sorry for the double post but I must add I'm loving the fact that Naoko is getting a say in the cast.
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime3rd July 2013, 10:28 pm

Someone tell naoko, that in this play Zoisite and Kunzite should be together.  La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 2695440696   in all the others ones those two are in, they are not. it would be see to see them switch things up. La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 2628594703
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Celest
Lotus Crystal

Celest

Lotus Crystal

Title : official sailor kakyuu lover ☆

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime3rd July 2013, 10:52 pm

Ehhhh. I had my fair share of Zoisite x Kunzite in the anime.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Candy

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : small angsty fangirl

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime3rd July 2013, 11:03 pm

Me too. I wonder how it would be if all the shinnetou *i probably spelled that wrong* competed for Beryl?
Back to top Go down
http://somethingprecocious.tumblr.com
Luna Nova
Lotus Crystal

Luna Nova

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dubbed the Official Second Usagi/Bunny ^^and Official Anzamoon

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime4th July 2013, 7:01 am

La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 3098893119 La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 335194840 La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 190603310 La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 3309518329 La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 2027930456 
 Oh those are some beautiful fukus. The girls look so serious, I hope they keep some humor in it as well and not just focus on a dark, mature story (which I am looking forward to, I just also like the girls to be girls).
Back to top Go down
http://littlelunanova.tumblr.com/ http://lunanova17.deviantart.com/
World Shaking
Star Seed

World Shaking

Star Seed

Title : Talisman-bearer

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime4th July 2013, 7:39 am

Oh my, so many news to fangirl over!
I am loving the Takarazuka feel of the new Myu - Naoko must be having a ball, hehe. So happy for her and all the fabulous ladies!
Not gonna lie, FemTux made me swoon (and Yamato Yuuga gives me some serious early manga concept Zuka!Haruka vibes, which like Neptune said way back when helps to make up for the lack of cool Outers this time around).
The new Senshi look great - somehow Mars and Jupiter stand out to me in particular. Looking forward to their singing and dancing.
Bring on September! La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 314519714
Back to top Go down
http://oathkeeper-of-tarth.tumblr.com
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime4th July 2013, 1:42 pm

Small Lady wrote:
galaxiagorgeous wrote:
and I do not like
and less I will like seeing a woman tuxedo as he sings about is her pink usagi or something stupid like that
Takarazuka that will take care of me looks horrible myu too horrible. for more typical to be in Japan. is as if they took a sera myu only men with the excuse that the onnagata are some very prestigious traditional Japanese theater

what...?

English is her second language ^^
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime4th July 2013, 5:39 pm

english is my 2nd language too. and i didn't understand what she said o.o
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
galaxiagorgeous
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime10th July 2013, 7:50 am

try to write more clearly.
I see everyone likes the Takarazuka. although I have expectations with this very. I must say.
I do not like the Takarazuka. and therefore do not want this musical is like the rose of Versailles
I think some of the essence will be lost myu.
I hate to be obsequious and had to say
a question.  this music is distributed by Bandai 

?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime10th July 2013, 8:33 am

galaxiagorgeous wrote:
tI do not like the Takarazuka. and therefore do not want this musical is like the rose of Versailles

I have seem some Takarazuka stuff on youtube (but not whole musicals), they seem entertaining, I'm ok with an all female cast, but I can also see where you are coming from with the losing of the essence of myu part. I think just becuase we aren't going to be seeing some of the fan favorites returning, like long running actress, Miki Kawasaki, or choreographer/actress, Ado Endou, or Akiko Kosaka (also known for Tuxedo Mirage, Moon Revenge, and Sailor Team no Theme) who composed and gave us many of the Myu songs and music that we love. As well as hte lyrics of Junya Saiki or Kayoko Fuyumori, who unfortunately is no longer with us as she passed away in 2003. :'(
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime10th July 2013, 8:55 am

Small Lady wrote:
galaxiagorgeous wrote:
tI do not like the Takarazuka. and therefore do not want this musical is like the rose of Versailles

I have seem some Takarazuka stuff on youtube (but not whole musicals), they seem entertaining, I'm ok with an all female cast, but I can also see where you are coming from with the losing of the essence of myu part. I think just becuase we aren't going to be seeing some of the fan favorites returning, like long running actress, Miki Kawasaki, or choreographer/actress, Ado Endou, or Akiko Kosaka (also known for Tuxedo Mirage, Moon Revenge, and Sailor Team no Theme) who composed and gave us many of the Myu songs and music that we love. As well as hte lyrics of Junya Saiki or Kayoko Fuyumori, who unfortunately is no longer with us as she passed away in 2003. :'(

I also see where Galaxia Gorgeous is coming from. I would have personally loved to see some of the previous Myu legends (such as Ado or Miki) coming back but the chances for that were very slim to begin with. But I am sure that this new Myu will be great Smile .

As for Bandai, I don't think we have any official info of the company producing the new Myu although it is more than likely to happen. If I remember correct, Bandai was not the only company who was associated with the last musical (Marina Moon Final) but TBS also stepped in, at least partially.
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime10th July 2013, 10:03 am

Well apparently Akiko Kosaka had expressed interest in wanting to compose for the musicals again (if i remember she said something about it on her blog, but correct me if i'm wrong), but was not asked to do so. However, the reasoning behind it may have had to do with rights and licensing junk or Kodansha/PNP wanting to have complete control over the music. Who knows. :/
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime10th July 2013, 5:10 pm

I remember hearing about that, as well. I would have actually loved to hear Akiko Kosaka's work again ^^.
Back to top Go down
onyx_star
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th July 2013, 6:10 am

Small Lady wrote:
Well apparently Akiko Kosaka had expressed interest in wanting to compose for the musicals again (if i remember she said something about it on her blog, but correct me if i'm wrong), but was not asked to do so.

La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 1023433532 I'm totally stupefied to read that. I just assumed she just wasn't interested in doing it. If she had expressed an interest (even after having already written hundreds of pieces of music for the musicals over the course of 12 years) and they didn't ask for her to be involved in some way, in my opinion, that is a travesty.

And, no, I'm not exaggerating. In my opinion, not having Kosaka Akiko's involvement in a Sailor Moon musical when she's actually available and willing to do it is like making an Indiana Jones movie without Harrison Ford. I'm hoping there's more to this story and that she wasn't just shut out completely like that.

I actually registered on the forum to ask if anybody else was concerned about the new lyricist and composer being men? The Kosaka Akiko thing has bummed me out way more though.La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 1948543417 But...I'll ask anyway?

I just can't see two guys being successful at writing songs about the emotions and experiences of teenage girls. I think Kayoko Fuyumori's lyrics were sometimes a bit too "poetic" which could make them difficult to understand (especially if you know hardly any Japanese like me La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 3884866259), but they came from a place of understanding females. I don't think a male lyricist can have the same connection to a story that's made up almost entirely of female characters. (BTW, I'm male myself.) In a musical, the songs are where the bulk of the emotion comes from. I'm worried the new lyrics will be things like "Let's fight! I like boys! I'm a cute girl! Engrish-for-effect, and now let's go shopping!" (I'm not familiar with these guys though.) What do you think?

Although I doubt it will happen, I think they need to include a few old songs in the new musical. Obviously "La Soldier" (otherwise they'll have an angry mob of people in their 30s tearing the theater apart), but they should also incorporate other compositions as well, in the same way they did in the previous musicals. After 12 years of musicals that had a very cohesive sound, you just can't dump it and go a totally different way. Even if the arrangements are different, hearing a few familiar melodies would help to make the musicals feel like "home" - which is what they should really be aiming for to some extent. If Sailor Moon comes out to give her speech and that piece of music doesn't play... La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 1404836419

Also, if this Kosaka Akiko thing DOES have something to do with licensing, and they end up not using ANY of her music... Then that's just ridiculous and a slap in the face. Not cool.

Sorry for the long post! I'm just that bitter!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th July 2013, 11:32 am

Haha, I don't blame you. I know other Myu fans that were JUST as disappointed in hearing she was not coming back. Akiko Kosaka is practically the essence of Sailor Moon music if you ask me. ^^; Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the lyricists of the later Marina Myus male? Or at least one of them was?

I believe the only reason she wouldn't have been asked was just due to some kind of liscensing/rights deal.

I'm also a bit inclined to believe that with this musical not having any involvement from Toei or Bandai, that perhaps they are trying to distance themselves from the past myus? I'm not really certain, just a thought, but if thats so, it's a travesty in my mind. I really hope they do revise classic songs like La Soldier as those are fan favorites. However, the name of the musical "La Reconquista" makes me a little hopeful cause at least its using similar language like from many past Myu song titles, etc. "La Soldier", "La Moon", "La Fatalite Sei Senshi", etc. Plus the director did direct many of the Anza musicals. So I am a little hopeful, but I'm not like praising the new musical on a pedastal either.

Also from one of my japanese speaking Myu friends, she mentioned that the lady playing Mamoru isn't that great of a singer, but is a really good actor and very popular in Takarazuka. Also apparently the Beryl was more obscure but the best ever. So I still have some faith. I just am a little bummed that since we'll have to wait for DVDs of it we may not see a recording of the musical until months after the performances. Sad
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th July 2013, 6:05 pm

i don't have any news but want to post how excited I am for the new SeraMyu.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 8:46 pm

New photos of the cast were released on the official nico video page of the musical:

La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 E8899fa7952947d23ce210e1a6c8c6ec478f3ab1

La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 F7f58f6c76738e882912158a064e19d7adc6d607
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 8:47 pm

I seriously can not wait for this Myu I want to see it so badly so yea they had better record it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 8:49 pm

love it i just squealed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 9:00 pm

Sorry for double posting but nico video has now also updated their site with the side character actresses' picture profiles Smile:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 9:04 pm

OMG zoisite is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 9:22 pm

I'm loving Nephrite. XD And QUEEN SERENITY. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 9:33 pm

OMG!!! THEY LOOK SO AMAZING!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 9:57 pm

NaoUranus wrote:

La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 4189206859  i love how the actress playing him has a slight boyish look to her face,  ^^   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 4189206859
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 10:12 pm

sailor swifty wrote:
NaoUranus wrote:

La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 4189206859  i love how the actress playing him has a slight boyish look to her face,  ^^   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 4189206859

I don't really see it. Not with any of them. I'm like "look at all the women. This should be interesting" for EVERYONE XD I sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Candy

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : small angsty fangirl

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 10:48 pm

Who's the girl in the gray hair under Beryl? Is that supposed to be Metalia or something?
Back to top Go down
http://somethingprecocious.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 10:53 pm

Unless, I'm really reading it wrong, it doesn't say Metalia.

"Remuresubaabaa" is what it says. So a witch of some sort I would think *tries to read more*
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 10:58 pm

AkikoUranus wrote:
Unless, I'm really reading it wrong, it doesn't say Metalia.

"Remuresubaabaa" is what it says. So a witch of some sort I would think *tries to read more*

That's what the katakana looks like to me, too.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2013, 1:17 am

Sailor Mars wrote:
I don't really see it. Not with any of them. I'm like "look at all the women. This should be interesting" for EVERYONE XD I sorry.

This was pretty much my reaction too. So many gorgeous women!!! This will be awesome! Bring on an all girl cast! <3 <3
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2013, 6:29 am

Oh dear God, this looks amazing. *swoon* I really hope they record this; I wanna watch it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013   La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

La Reconquista ~ The new SeraMyu in September 2013

View previous topic View next topic Back to top