The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime10th December 2013, 2:25 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:
My fear is that I will have to call it Sailor Moon 2014.

I thought it was officially pushed back to 2014? So sorry to bust your bubble but i think that fear has come true already. Razz

Crystalsetsuna wrote:
considering Naoko is on the animation team this go around, i don't think she'll lose the message she wants to send.^^

Where did you see she was on the animation team? As far as I understand the anime is being handled by Toei again and while I'm sure she has input and a very strong influence, there is no way she's actually that involved in it.
Back to top Go down
Nisora
Star Seed

Nisora

Star Seed

Title : AKA: Citrine

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime10th December 2013, 2:41 pm

I was under the impression that the new series isn't a reboot, but it's own story arc / new plots? I honestly DON'T want it to start from the beginning.. I'd like a whole new series fresh out the pot, so I don't have to impatiently wait for the outer senshi to appear.
Back to top Go down
http://wolfiewooz.tumblr.com/
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime10th December 2013, 3:09 pm

Oops, sorry Brit x) I had no ideas.
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime10th December 2013, 4:18 pm

Citrine wrote:
I was under the impression that the new series isn't a reboot, but it's own story arc / new plots? I honestly DON'T want it to start from the beginning.. I'd like a whole new series fresh out the pot, so I don't have to impatiently wait for the outer senshi to appear.

Nah man it's the same old plot :p
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime10th December 2013, 5:02 pm

Citrine wrote:

As far as I know and what i've read/seen, there has been no hint whatsoever at it being anything with new content/story. Considering the La Reconquista seemed like a bit of a celebration of SM 20th anniversary and not trying to bring anything entirely new to the franchise, I'm betting the anime is going to go the same route. Just a thing to celebrate 20 years, etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Blake
Pyramidal Crystal

Blake

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime10th December 2013, 5:37 pm

• That it will have useless filler. Seriously, the 90's anime had a LOT of filler which didn't even get the plot going. Like that episode where Chibi-Usa befriended a freaking dinosaur. What was the Black Moon Clan doing during that episode? Did they just decide to get vacations from their revenge?. If it has filler, I hope that it will be with the purpose of showing character development on any character that's not Usagi.
  • That there will be crappy drawing like in the 90's anime. I don't care that there's more than one artist, it's only logical, but I don't want to have to watch an episode where the characters are drawn perfectly, and then they all look like I drew them while being bored, which would probably make them all look bloated.
  • That it will only be one season long. This is because I love PGSM to death, and even though they made it work, I still wish they would have done all 5 arcs.
  • That the villians won't have any depth or character development. In the 90's anime, at least the Shitenou didn't have any more depth than just being evil and serving Queen Beryl. I hope that this time around, they get personalities as villians, and also that they keep the fact that they were Endymion's guardians. And also, I don't want them to just die after the first arc, it's unfair that Usagi can get to keep her guardians, but Mamoru has to just "keep them in his heart". That's just bull****.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://underworldrevolution.tumblr.com
Louchan
Star Seed

Louchan

Star Seed

Title : 月の光は愛のメッセージ

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime12th December 2013, 12:08 pm

That it's gonna be too much like the manga. I keep hearing on sites like Tumblr that it's gonna be following the storyline of the manga much closer this time around, even though I have yet to seen the source of such claims. And it's not that I'm against seeing the tons of events in the manga, that were never brought into the old anime, animated at at long last, it's just... I have so many problems with the manga's writing, particularly when it comes to its characters, and it's my least favorite telling of the Sailor Moon story, so I really, really hope they make some big adjustments if they're going to be following it's storyline. And add lots of filler, because those poor manga characters need all the development they can get.
Back to top Go down
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime12th December 2013, 2:00 pm

it's december already and no new news about the anime. might as well keep delaying the reboot if they aren't ready, or worse. the hype will die down.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime12th December 2013, 2:54 pm

Watch it just be like an OVA type thing. or a movie type thing to cover Dark Kingdom arc. :/
Back to top Go down
Chillygodzilly
Lotus Crystal

Chillygodzilly

Lotus Crystal

Title : Previously Lovely Lexi

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime26th December 2013, 1:06 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Watch it just be like an OVA type thing. or a movie type thing to cover Dark Kingdom arc. :/
at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it were just that or if they cancelled it altogether...delays aren't a good sign and absolutely no promotion (anime related) is just odd....
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillygodzilly.tumblr.com http://chillygodzilly.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/baybswurl95
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime26th December 2013, 1:12 pm

Well, I don't quite understand how the Japanese do things as far as promoting and how far ahead of time they do promote coming up anime, etc. but I know they have the new Precure coming out (and that is currently Toei's cashcow unlike Sailor Moon which will just appeal to the nostalgic people that are older and not as much with younger audiences). Also apparently the Saint Seiya reboot didn't do to well so they may be carefully planning out the Sailor Moon anime. :/

Just notice how all the merchandise is not really kids things, but products aimed at people in their 20-30s that are nostalgic about Sailor Moon or still hard core collectors *coughlikemecoughcough* and have to buy all the sailor moon things ever. I think if they were trying to make an appeal to a general audience, especially kids, we would see more kid toys, etc.  Also I'm not sure how much they are gauging the sale of the new merchandise to how well they believe the anime will do, but it may be a small factor.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime28th December 2013, 12:34 pm

Yes, there is already more about new Precure season than about Sailor moon remake. So that's probably means another delay.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top