The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24th November 2012, 7:03 pm

i know that Toei will made it, that dosent change the fact that Toei made the baddest animations ive seen the last years. still better than hentais but .... Wink

toei are cheap and lazy. i mean 2009 the dvd boxes: people in america & europe loved it but it was not that popular by the japanese guys because they wanted BDs. and what did toei 2012 do? said that they will release dvds AGAIN o.O
i mean BD Boxes 2012/2013 for Elfen Lied, Utena, Cowboy Bebop but for Sailor Moon just the hated DVDs again, thats stupid (but sooooo Toei).
Back to top Go down
http://goldenwitchmami.tumblr.com/
leohamasaki
Star Seed

leohamasaki

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24th November 2012, 10:25 pm

I really hope the series won't have as many fillers as the original did, and if they do have it, they don't focus on random characters that don't add much to the story, just focus on the main characters themselves.

I also want the Sailors to actually FIGHT against the monsters, not only dodge/escape/get beaten/get saved by Tuxedo Mask/Sailor Moon finishes them off. I wanna see all of the senshi actually being able to KILL the monsters, not only SM. That also includes Mercury and Venus, come on, they need to be stronger in the anime just like they were in the live action.

I hope they don't mess with their personalities, but I don't think they'll do that... And I also hope they don't repeat the same mistakes from the original by shafting the inner senshi and choosing to ignore their families completely. I wanna see Ami's mother, Rei's father, and for them to explore those kind of relationships.

If the series gets far, to the point of showing the outer senshi, I wanna see Hotaru being properly shown and actually having a transformation and being used way more as Sailor Saturn. Pluto needs more attention too, she was useless in most (if not all) of the fights in the original anime.

I also wish they're bold enough to keep the gender issue like in the original. We had lots of same-sex relationships and taboos that were treated normally, just like they should.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2-i0XPETaJklFSryw1G3iQ/videos http://sailorcinnamonroll.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2-i0XPETaJklFSryw1G3iQ/videos
SailorPearlGorilla
Star Seed

SailorPearlGorilla

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25th November 2012, 5:13 am

I have a lot of fears so I will just bring up a few of them.

First of all, I'm afraid they will mess up Rei's character! I like her in the manga and PGSM, but in the anime I can't stand her. If the New Anime-Rei is like the "old"-anime Rei... I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch it. I also hated how they made all the girls goofy and boy-crazy and the lack of character development.

Second, all the fillers in the anime. I dislike them with passion. I really hope the new anime doesn't follow that pattern. Compare it to PGSM, where most of the episodes were necessary to watch to understand what was going on. And they managed to create a lot of interesting subplots (Mio! Dark Mercury! Rei's story! Minako's disease!) too.

Third, the transformations. I want the other Senshi to change transformation animation too. I'd love it if they were just as long as Usagi's transformations too. Anything that makes all the Senshi more equal and interesting is good.

And number four... I hope it's not aimed for kids this time. I want it to be more mature and a little bit dark.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pgsailormoon http://hydentwin.tumblr.com/
Sailor Symphonia
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Symphonia

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Guardian of Music ♥

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25th November 2012, 6:36 am

Hopefully by sticking to the manga there'll be a fast progression of the series since the manga wasn't too horrible with dragging out the plot D:
Back to top Go down
http://arina-tsuki.tumblr.com
Amaryllis
Star Seed

Amaryllis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25th November 2012, 7:52 am

I think the people who are hoping the anime won't be aimed at kids might be disappointed. Sailor Moon is a kids series after all, and no matter how much money older fans spend on it, we're no match for the spending-power of families with children Razz But I don't think that's really a bad thing. The original manga was aimed at kids, but it still handled darker themes just fine.

Adding to what others have said, I also hope that the senshi will actually fight, and just be saved by Tuxedo Mask 80% of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://onnanokowadaredemo.tumblr.com/
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7th December 2012, 12:27 pm

i saw scenes from the new DBZ Movie from toei. still looks like 1989 (animation AND charadesign). the ultimate sign that sailor moon 2013 will be sh!T. sadly Sad where are Kyoto Animation, SHAFT, PA Works & co when they are really needed.

Last edited by Minene on 7th December 2012, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7th December 2012, 12:51 pm

Minene wrote:
i saw scenes from the new DBZ Movie from toei. still looks like 1989 (animation AND charadesign). the ultimate sign that sailor moon 2013 will be chibi. sadly Sad where are Kyoto Animation, SHAFT, PA Works & co when they are really needed.

I'm not really sure what you expected out of a DBZ movie though, even with newer animation. All of the newer animated DBZ shorts and what not still look like the old cartoon just with cleaner and fresher animation. DBZ itself is very stylized and the animation has always stuck close to what the manga looks like, which was made in the 80s. Besides, DBZ is not liked because of the animation and style, if that were the case I don't believe the manga and anime would have done nearly as well as they did.

I think same goes for Sailor Moon.

Back to top Go down
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7th December 2012, 1:11 pm

if they made a remake of a show it have to look like a good show nowdays
have to look. i guess Toei thinks: "the hardcore fans will love it as long as its sailor moooon. we
didnt have to put any effort in it an can still milk the cow with a
cheap production."

sorry i love sailor moon but i'm not that blind
and obsessed that i will watch and support a cheap produced remake
that still looks like back in 1992/97 o_O

sailor moon anime need a better
charadesign that do naokos style justice, and a more detailed and SMOOTH
animation (i adore beautiful female hair movements btw)..

*cough*
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7th December 2012, 1:24 pm

I don't mean that the animation shouldn't look like crap either for Sailor Moon. I just don't know what you expected out of DBZ...
Back to top Go down
InitialA
Pyramidal Crystal

InitialA

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Herald of the New Age

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7th December 2012, 1:30 pm

They've got a bit more to work with in terms of gorgeous animation for Sailor Moon. You know how those animators love flowing hair and skirts and BIG SHINY EYES. Also it's a shouju, so plenty of room for flowery backgrounds and hearts and sparkles.

DBZ is fairly static. One Face Syndrome worse than Naoko, very static animation and poses and hairstyles, lots of standing around and repetitive animation for fighting... I mean, there's not much to work with.
Back to top Go down
http://initiala.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/midnightarticuno
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7th December 2012, 1:32 pm

(Not going to comment on the DBZ conversation because I've never watched it hehe)

My only real fear for the new anime is that it will be PLOTPLOTPLOT quick and fast and no character development, and then it's the end of the series and I find myself not loving the characters as much as I already do.

I just hope they don't do the exact opposite of the original anime, and just go super fast. Sure the original anime had a lot of "filler" episodes, but I like nearly all of the episodes because each one fleshes out characters a little bit.

So yeah. I just want them to take the time to bring the characters to life properly because that's the real driving force behind Sailor Moon in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7th December 2012, 2:21 pm

I 100% agree with you Verdi!
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7th December 2012, 2:22 pm

Yeah most Asian stories are told through characters rather than plot, Sailor Moon is such a strong character-based thing, I think it would be a giant mistake to force it into a plot-based series.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime19th January 2013, 11:11 am

I really have to agree with everyone in that I'm afraid that it will become more plot-driven than character-driven. Of course, we need to have BOTH, but something that the (original) anime had that I really loved was all of its character development. The manga is fabulous, but we don't see much development outside of people named Usagi and Chibiusa.

So basically I hope they keep the manga's plotlines but focus more on characterization!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime19th January 2013, 1:52 pm

I hope they don't go "ALL OF IT HAS TO BE LIKE THE CLASSIC ANIME". Sad Cause there are elements from all versions of Sailor Moon that could be mixed in there to make it good. You got the amazing character development of PGSM, the anime has its humor and fun tiems filler (uh hello the Dentist Episode is hilarious and there is the one with Diana and that older lady). Then we have the manga with its great plot and of course, the romance between Usagi and Mamoru is beautiful. And last we have Sera Myu, which takes the best of both worlds, adds in singing, all kinds of interesting plotlines, character development... more background/development of Queen Beryl and Pluto. Amazing original storylines (I'm looking at you Kaguya and Dracul Musicals)... yeah.

I just don't want it to be "HAS TO BE LIKE THE OLD ANIME". I want something new and refreshing but still the same Sailor Moon story that I love.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cordelia
Star Seed

Sailor Cordelia

Star Seed

Title : Lady of Cordelia, 1st Moon of Uranus

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime11th February 2013, 12:41 pm

My biggest fear is with the voice actors. In both Japanese and English. Personally I don't like the English actors they got for the series the first time. Though I liked the Japanese actors well enough.

My only other fear is one I share with many other people here. I am afraid that they will change the characters and story too much. I think it could be just a bit more like the Manga, but changing it too much will just make it....not Sailor Moon.
Back to top Go down
Celest
Lotus Crystal

Celest

Lotus Crystal

Title : official sailor kakyuu lover ☆

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime11th February 2013, 1:00 pm

Due to the fact the new anime will be streaming world-wide simultaneously, the anime may possibly be in Japanese with English (and other languages) subtitles.

What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 Tumblr_mhzvo5ZvlL1qjkedbo1_500
Source, silvermoon424.tumblr.com (-:
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime11th February 2013, 7:03 pm

I do not the think they meant "they WILL have it simulcast" I think they really meant that they were intending/hoping to. So we'll have to wait and see for details... Again Mr. Osano may be a good source on the MANGA rerelease info but I'm not sure how much he has to do with the new anime... we'll just have to see... it is unlikely that Toei will announce news for the anime through Osano's twitter but you never know, maybe he has alot more power in it this time around
Back to top Go down
Celest
Lotus Crystal

Celest

Lotus Crystal

Title : official sailor kakyuu lover ☆

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th February 2013, 4:59 pm

Even though I highly doubt this--I just found this on sailormoonnews.com

What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 Osabu8_tweet_watch_sailor_moon_2013_on_the_internet
Back to top Go down
Apricitas
Star Seed

Apricitas

Star Seed

Title : Erinnye

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd April 2013, 3:03 pm

Good points, guys!

Like many of you mentioned before, it is the art style that I'm also especially afraid of. I hope it's not too cute and not too different from the original art style.

Concerning the boy craziness... Well, somehow, on the one hand, it's cute. The girls seem to be so positive and full of the joys of life. But on the other hand, we know that many of the girls had a hard time in their life. Of course it would be wonderful to remain a joyful person, but imho there will always be scars that will influence your behaviours. In the anime, this idea is not realized well (for example Makoto who is always sad about her first love, but what about her parents who died in an airplane accident? Or Rei who is boy crazy in the anime, but in the manga and Pgsm she has more important priorities than getting a boyfriend at any price.)
Back to top Go down
Moonlit Mermaid
Star Seed

Moonlit Mermaid

Star Seed

Title : A mermaid who lives under moonlight

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 1:03 pm

I'm afraid that it's being over-hyped by the fans and that it won't be as good as everyone expects it to be :/ I really hope it's not the case, because I'd love to see a kick-ass Sailor Moon reboot! I'm hoping it turns out as well as FMA: Brotherhood did.
Back to top Go down
http://emmy-bunny.tumblr.com/ http://darklady4.deviantart.com/
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 1:17 pm

I hope that even if it is a more character development based show, they develop parts of the characters that matter. For example, I personally dislike how boy-crazed the girls are. There are wayyyy more important things going on in their life then cute guys. I know its typical teenager stuff, but I honestly don't care for teen issues anymore and want to see a deeper side of their lives
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 4:05 pm

I fear it will be poorly translated Sad I'm studying Japanese at the moment and after watching some anime I'm surprised there are so many anime with poor translations, even recent anime!
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th April 2013, 7:29 pm

I'd say my biggest fears are 1) it will only tell the material from the first arc, like the live action series, and 2) it will end up something like PreCure, with a very simplistic story. I don't mind if the target audience is towards a younger audience, because a reboot is suppose to get new fans into a series, not just cater to existing fans. But I dearly hope the deeper, more thoughtful aspects of the manga (if indeed they're going to go by the manga) won't be left out. I'm also a little weary of the fact that Momoiro Clover Z is suppose to sing the OP, as what I've heard of their music isn't my type. But we'll see I guess. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime13th April 2013, 2:24 pm

You should give MCZ a chance. Not all of their music is super idolpop stuff and their recent singing of Moonlight Densetsu was very nice actually. It was very reminiscent of Moon Lips.

I just fear that people will complain so much about it, it will only last one season. :/
Back to top Go down
Sailor Xillia
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Xillia

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Eudial/Eugeal.

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime13th April 2013, 2:31 pm

Small Lady wrote:
I just fear that people will complain so much about it, it will only last one season. :/

^ that and

I fear it won't stay true to itself.
Back to top Go down
http://asukapasta.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/DicloniusLucy666?feature=mhee
sophiesmystery
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime14th April 2013, 4:49 pm

A bad art design, or the generic anime-style a lot of people are pushing nowadays. I liked Takeuchi's particular style and in a way it would be kind of cool if the anime had that sort of delicate wispy quality like the manga. You know, make it drop dead gorgeously beautiful, sparkly bubbles and shining crystals and long flowing hair and soft eyes like clear colored water. I know it's unrealistic...

It just doesn't feel like SM anymore. There's a distinct vibe that sets SM apart from other series, and I would hate to see this lost to appeal to EVERYBODY and EVERYTHANG. A lot of anime has become pretty bland these days and that's one of the reasons I got sick of Bleach - it was just Ichigo and some random people who wouldn't die until about Episode #527,084...

The presentation is really boring and regardless of how short or long it is, you can't stand to watch it. I see this happening with a lot of Hollywood remakes - stick a turd in a nice shiny, beautiful package but it still stinks. Even though I loved the visual look of SM, the greatest thing was the story - I think I would love it just as much or even more if it was a novel instead of an anime/manga. As much of a visual person as I am, if the story is beautiful, and well-thought out, it totally makes up for other things that may be lacking. But the total package is beautiful visuals + beautiful story.

And honestly, as much as I love SM, it's a toss up between them sticking too strictly to the manga or using the manga as the basis for the anime, taking the major themes and keeping the original stories and characters and yet still giving it a new flair, a sort of updating without losing the original appeal of the series. This is something I am aware is really hard to accomplish, but the right people have done it and I think a good example is LoTR. It followed the storyline of the books, kept the original style and drew off of Tolkien's world, but it was a lot better to me than the books because they eliminated the unnecessary parts, and enhanced only the most important things. The books were overlong, full of unnecessary details and WAYWAYWAY too many hobbits, and plus Tolkien was not the greatest writer in the world, TBH. While SM's situation may not be the same as that, I think it's a good parallel all together.
Back to top Go down
http://whiskersnpurrs.tumblr.com
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th April 2013, 10:07 pm

Small Lady wrote:

Or, cosmos forbid, cancelled halfway through due to low ratings from people hating it because it's not like (insert whatever you want here) and we don't even get to see the whole season.

That's my worst fear.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th April 2013, 11:13 pm

NO CANCELLATIONS! I hope people don't complain but I don't think they will. Not if they have any smarts, just think about all the different versions we have already. People should be happy it's even getting a make over, I've been dreaming of a new anime since the anime was over! I'd hope it'd be like FMA and stay truer to the manga but even if it's not A NEW VERSION TO LOVE TO ADD TO THE LIST!

Manga
Anime
Live Action
Musicals
Games
AND NOW A NEW ANIME^^ <3 ^^

If anyone is upset about it regardless of how they go I'll be soooooo frigggiiiinnn maaaadddddddd because it's illgocial considering all those versions previously mentioned are already so different. VARIETY IS GOOD!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16th April 2013, 2:26 am

I agree with you Nerf, but I also know that there will be people upset, regardless of what happens =P It's impossible to please everyone, after all. But don't let that ruin your enjoyment of the new anime, either! What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 1434556979

I would love either one. Closer to the manga, a new adaption, doesn't matter to me! Just as long as they don't try to make it BAM BAM ACTION! and no character development because that would be incredibly sad ;-;
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?    What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your fears for the new Sailor Moon anime?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top