The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime28th January 2017, 2:46 pm

oh ok no problem..i was thinking of an antagonist from One Piece. will work on the profile now
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : GC's Official Saphir

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime28th January 2017, 2:54 pm

Oh, antagonists can still join from the beginning! Their story should begin soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

Jasper

Lotus Crystal

Title : Driving the world's heaviest snow ski

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2017, 5:49 am

My profile for Garland is nearly finished, only awaiting approval at this point.

To keep things on an even playing field, I'm perfectly fine with Garland's pocket nuke artifact being relegated to an inert status or a mystical battery which allows his magic to function normally in Cosmos's realm.

@Light: Would the following sets of abilities be permissible?

Active Abilities:

Passive Abilities:
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2017, 7:58 am

The abilities are fine! I only have one question, and I will add them to the first post with my notes.

Mastery of Counterspelling: By identifying a spell that is being cast, Garland may interrupt and disperse the magic of another with Dispel instead of requiring exact knowledge of the spell to be disrupted. While this method is not as precise as a true counterspell, it is flexible enough to pose a serious threat to foes who rely heavily upon magical talents.

How is this supposed to work? This seems like an active defensive ability rather than passive, the way I'm reading it, but I could be reading it wrong.

This realm does sort of neutralize everyone's abilities, so yeah, they may not be as powerful as they'd be in his world (the battle system equalizes them).

Since it's a little awkward for a second character to pop out of the shadows, the group will move to the location of the first crystal. The setting will need to be something like: Garland being caught off guard by enemies after wandering off on his own. The remaining four heroes will have to find him by the first crystal. (You can also add a first post where he awakens in the forest like everyone else, he wanders off, then everything goes dark - he is hit without seeing the enemies. But that is optional!)
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2017, 8:19 am

And we have moved!

Some additional information (because I may forget to reveal this by the end of the storyline) - the crystals are attuned to the heroes that came to seek them, and they distort space to resemble an area of special importance to each respective hero. The current area is the snowfield outside of Angela's kingdom. However, those areas are empty, generally, the people from the kingdom won't be there, for example.

Which of course means that when we go after other crystals, we will also visit places of importance for the other heroes too. Deciding and describing the place will be depending on you. ^^

For now, there's lots of snow and ice. Temperature is around -20C (-4F), however cold your character may find this.

Also: No longer accepting characters for Cosmos side. A total of 5 crystals was an ideal amount I was considering from the beginning anyway ^^
Back to top Go down
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

Jasper

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2017, 8:40 am

In all likelihood, it probably should be an ability that is rolled into the active description of Dispel since it is a trigger for the effect - just used in a slightly different way.

The most straightforward example of counterspelling would probably be FF6 Celes's Runic ability, which causes her to counter the next applicable spell and add its MP cost to her current MP total. She has to use an action to prepare the Runic stance, and if no spell is actually cast then she wastes her turn!

Runic would also nullify allied spells near Celes

From the game systems which Garland is part of (Pathfinder, D&D 3/3.5), counterspelling is a reaction that can be taken if a character accurately predicts that their target will cast a specific spell and wants to interrupt it. The general rule is that a spell can only counter itself, but Dispel can be used as a universal counterspell. The drawback is that Dispel is not guaranteed to work every time; a dice roll must be made to succeed, and a failure still depletes resources the same way as a success. If you shoot an arrow at a bullseye, hit or miss - that arrow is no longer in your hands.

Shadowrun handles counterspelling by increasing the number of dice a target uses to resist, so you can also think of it as applying a penalty to the aggressor's die roll.

If this is growing too complex, then we can drop it and retain the existing functionality. Smile
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2017, 8:58 am

Removed from passive abilities and added as part of Dispel. An effect similar to Runic works for me ^^

Are Dispel/Haste both single- and multi-target spells? I have added them as so (with lower accuracy for multi-) but let me know if they're only single-target.

Please review my comments in bold at the first post for any other suggestions/corrections!

Chaos peeps are allowed to start posting! The setting: the characters slowly awaken, similarly to the Cosmos heroes. But they find themselves in a barren area, full of rocks and dead trees, the sky cloudy/grey. Your character may be able to notice a small stream of lava in the distance. Again, there are absolutely no living creatures. Please do not acknowledge fellow villains until they have also made their first post.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2017, 9:03 am

Whoohoo! I'll start working on a post. Very Happy

@Light, Do you care if I describe the atmosphere as a bit smoggy/foggy?
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2017, 9:08 am

Yes, that's fine ^^
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2017, 9:50 am

should have buggy done today
Back to top Go down
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

Jasper

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2017, 10:22 am

Woohoo, Garland's been accepted! I'll stand by in the meantime.

Dispel and Haste are multi target spells. Sorry for leaving that out!
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2017, 1:26 pm

Just a teeny note, papyrus is wearing red gloves so his skeletal hands aren't actually visible. Unless they were to get destroyed or he takes them off.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th January 2017, 9:28 pm

Light wrote:
Yes, that's fine ^^
Alright! I posted!

In writing my introduction, I learned that pasting Unicode symbols into the text causes Forumotion to eat your posts. [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 1948543417
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime31st January 2017, 1:13 pm

Okay so this may sound like a dumb question, but are those with cosmos characters allowed to post in-between the chaos-meeting? Or would it be better for me to wait so the thread doesn't bounce back and fourth too much? I mean, I could always post a "meanwhile" at the beginning of mine, but I just wanna make sure it's okay to disrupt(?) the flow.
Back to top Go down
Kaolinite
Lotus Crystal

Kaolinite

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Kaolinite

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime31st January 2017, 1:17 pm

Okay Frieza's Abilities:

1. Physical Attack - Frieza attacks the target (Single Target)
2. Laser Finger - Frieza shoots an energy beam, doing massive damage on one target (Single Target)
3. Ki Barrage - Frieza shouts out a barrage of Ki attacks, hitting one or multiple targets. (Damage/Targets)
4. Transformation - Frieza transforms into his next form, permanently raising his stats. (Low Base Stats in 1st Form)
5. Powering up - Frieza concentrates his Ki, boosting his attack.
6. Concentrated Ki Explosion (Ultimate) - Frieza concentrates a Ki Explosion at a Targets Body, dealing massive damage and having a small chance to kill it
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st February 2017, 9:19 am

Loving the villain interactions so far xD

@Kai - added! Please review my notes in bold!

@Cosmos-Hime - these events are happening concurrently at real time, so yes you can go ahead and post! It would look silly to post a dozen "meanwhile", so @everyone - if you would like to make things clearer, please post the location next to your character's name (i.e. Papyrus - Sub-zero Snowfield, Rocbouquet - Chaos Land). Optionally!
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st February 2017, 10:48 am

Understood! Thanks for clearing that up, light!
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st February 2017, 11:44 am

As it won't be long before we enter the first battle, here is some information about the battle system! Since this is a relaxed storyline, I have tried to keep it as simple as possible.

As I have mentioned already, hits will be decided on a dual-roll basis:

Enemy attempts to attack hero:
Enemy (offense) roll: 145
Hero (defense) roll: 250
145<250. It missed!

The rolls will be adjusted by various factors (such as the first post notes).

HP: There won't be an HP meter, but there will be something similar - H2KO (Hits to Knock Out). An H2KO meter of 5 means it takes 5 successful hits to knock the character out.
MP: There's no MP. Knock yourself out with magic! Only listed restrictions on the first post apply.

Minor hits (a roll difference between and including 0 and 99) will cause 0.5 H2KO damage.
Regular hits (a roll difference between and including 100 and 499) will cause 1 H2KO damage.
Critical hits (a roll difference of 500 and over) will cause 1.5 H2KO damage.

Basically, all attacks hit the same. But some attacks have a higher chance of a critical hit due to roll boosts.

Attacks used on multiple targets at once are not eligible for critical hits (except for the Ultimate attacks).

Ultimate attack: As already mentioned, your ultimate attack can only be used once per battle. NEW: You may only use it from your 3rd attack and onwards. You cannot wreck havoc the moment you step into the battle xD

Out-of-battle Cure: (This is basically for Lightning xD) Between battles, you may use Cure only once. (If enough time passes without another battle, I may allow an additional Cure.)

Disclaimer: I have tried to take into account as much as possible, but there may still be things that I have to decide as we go! For example, something I've been considering, very strong status effects may last only 1 round (such as Haste).

Any questions, let me know!

Last edited by Light on 1st February 2017, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st February 2017, 11:49 am

Hopefully my character should be approved soon unless i missed something
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st February 2017, 11:50 am

Yay! ^^ You may jump in as soon as it is approved!

Also, something I forgot:

Battle order = Posting order. Whoever posts first attacks first. There won't be "rounds" in the strictest sense - as soon as I have posted the result of your attack, you can attack again.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st February 2017, 12:57 pm

How much health does each character get? How many attacks are they able to withstand?
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st February 2017, 1:07 pm

The heroes will probably have 5 H2KO (so can withstand 5 attacks, more or less based on minor/critical hits). Monsters/villains may vary.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st February 2017, 7:06 pm

Question! Does Cure refill 1 point?
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st February 2017, 8:48 pm

Final question (hopefully); are they aware that they won't die if they're defeated but sent back to their homes? In an earlier post, cosmos only said that they will be sent home once they're done. It would add  more drama
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st February 2017, 10:06 pm

@Lyssarie - it does! Unless it gets a critical heal, which will do +1.5. Since the defensive roll will always be a zero (they are not defending against Cure), Cure will be auto-hit, and there will be about a 50% chance of a critical heal (since heroes' rolls will be on the 0-999 range and it would need a 500).

@Cosmos-Hime - if no one told them that, it's safe to say they don't know it ^^
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2nd February 2017, 11:06 am

Buggy Has been approved! yay!
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2nd February 2017, 11:38 am

Great ^^ Don't forget to submit his powers! You can start posting whenever!
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2nd February 2017, 1:54 pm

buggy's powers (putting them here ok? or did i need to on first post?)

1. Chemical Expertise: example: he was able to create a cannon ball the size of a mothball with enough power to destroy a town.

2. Bara Bara no Mi: He ate this Devil Fruit which gave me the ability to be immune to Slashing, cutting and Cleaving attacks. any such attack just separates him into his component parts, allowing him to reform as needed.

3. Most of his body can fly through the air with enough force to send someone flying through a wall BUT Buggy’s feet have to be on the ground for this to work. in other words he would have to be split into pieces most times.

4. Bara Bara Japanese Cracker: To do this Buggy must be holding 4 knives in each hand and have his shoe-knife out. he then jumps up and spins rapidly at his opponent. Example: https://youtu.be/WXfigKCj5TM (start at 18 seconds-ends at 32 seconds)

5. Bara Bara Emergency Escape: Buggy can use this against someone attacking him to detach a body part or parts to avoid attacks. Doesn’t always work.
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2nd February 2017, 2:24 pm

Added at first post! Note that the first attack will be treated as the Ultimate attack, since it seems to be the strongest - the second power will be treated as a passive ability.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2017, 7:35 am

Light wrote:
Loving the villain interactions so far xD

@everyone - if you would like to make things clearer, please post the location next to your character's name (i.e. Papyrus - Sub-zero Snowfield, Rocbouquet - Chaos Land). Optionally!
When I get a chance, I'll go back and edit the location and my RP banner into my posts! Very Happy

We're having fun writing them! [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 3884866259

Light wrote:
@Lyssarie - it does! Unless it gets a critical heal, which will do +1.5. Since the defensive roll will always be a zero (they are not defending against Cure), Cure will be auto-hit, and there will be about a 50% chance of a critical heal (since heroes' rolls will be on the 0-999 range and it would need a 500).
What would we do about Strength Absorb? This ability is essentially like Draining Kiss from Pokemon. xD It heals a bit more than the damage it actually does.

If anybody is curious about Rocbouquet's cute voice, this is the one she has in Lord of Vermilion: Very Happy
Spoiler:

And as a bonus here is VA Tomokazu Sugita reading Rocbouquet's lines from the little story on her Lord of Vermilion card during an interview. The voice he gives her when she's crying is the lulz. XDDDD
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top