The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Accountability Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Accountability Challenge - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime13th July 2013, 10:05 pm

Blargh. I know how that is. That's why I switched from working on my fanfic to working the immortal dynasty challenge. Sometimes our brains just fart on us right?

(What an image!)
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime13th July 2013, 11:30 pm

this is why i'm working on a power rangers fanfic instead of my usual sailor moon challenge one
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime14th July 2013, 2:16 am

double post:

5019 / 30000 words. 17% done!

and now i finished the story. only need to review chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime14th July 2013, 7:26 am

Mi!!! Wooot! =D 

One fic done, (after editing) what are you going to work on next? Accountability Challenge - Page 3 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime14th July 2013, 8:12 am

my 100 themes challenge. maybe do another story. idk... i still need to review this one, see if there aren't any holes in the plot and all...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime14th July 2013, 10:37 am

9461 / 30000 words. 32% done!

It's funny. I kind of laugh at myself when I'm writing now. I'm constantly trying to find ways to add words without making it seem obvious. Somehow I managed to turn 600 words I had written on paper into 1151 words by just writing to write. I guess it's kind of like practice for nanowrimo? Either way, I'm having fun doing it, I guess that's all that really matters. Especially since the Dynasty challenge is testing my writing and doing the challenge itself. I'm literally make a story out of Agnes sculpting and painting every day while Kyle gardens. xD 

Tuxedo- I really enjoy your 100 themes challenge when you do them. Do you think doing them in order may be messing with your inspiration a little bit? Maybe you can cross off the ones you've already done, and then just choose a random one from the list that inspires you? You can slowely tick away at the challenge and up your word count. ^^
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 8:30 pm

How's everyone doing?

I haven't updated much... I've finally finished with the comics for my sister's gift, though, so tomorrow I'm going to put some time in on the second chapter of my Magical Girl story. Or maybe work on this short story/Creepypasta I've been wanting to write for awhile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 8:32 pm

Gonna get some done later tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 8:34 pm

Hey Zodia! 

Oooh! They both sound interesting, but the creepypasta story sounds intriguing. I suggest following your instinct and writing what you really really want to. 

Yesterday I kind of just goofed off and played the sims for a while. And I'm thinking that I want to get started again on my fanfic. I may be waiting another day or so because I spend as much time as I can with my hubby on his days off. I guess it depends on what he wants to do. 

I have been itching to work on chapter 17 though.
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 8:46 pm

I actually tried to begin the Creepypasta yesterday... But I found that it's really hard to start at the beginning of a short story. I ended up writing something like "I was born in a small southern town" before I realized that it sounded rather cliche. 

That might be part of the problem though. I've got a clear idea of what the first encounter with the supernatural element will be like, what sort of knowledge the audience will need before, and how the story will end... But I don't know what the characters were up to before encountering the supernatural element. Hm...

I've started replaying the Sims 2 recently, and now I have a third story I want to write based on that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 8:54 pm

What you need to do is just let it go. Just write whatever comes to mind. Write all the scenes that seem like nothing. Spend forever writing descriptions from your character's point of view. You an cut that stuff out later but you get to know your character while you are doing it. It's one of the nanowrimo tips for getting more words a day. So maybe spend time brain storming. Remember even if you spend your time writing about who you character is, it still counts towards this project.

What kind of sims 2 story?

Also...where's chapter 2 of your immortal dynasty? I wanna read it!!! =D
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 9:04 pm

Natasha wrote:
What kind of sims 2 story?

Also...where's chapter 2 of your immortal dynasty? I wanna read it!!! =D

The genetics of the sims that came with the game are kind of... wonky. For example, Mary-Sue Pleasant (black hair, brown eyes) and Daniel Pleasant (red hair, green eyes) had twins... with red hair and green eyes. In-game, the twins would normally have black hair and brown eyes, as those are dominant colors. I wanted to recreate the children in-game and compare them to the original Sims. I also wanted to replay the Sims' backstories, and give a little scifi spin to the story itself.

As for the second chapter of my Dynasty- I reread it, and it just kind of... stopped. Chapter 3 is much longer, and more interesting plot-wise; chapter 2 feels like filler sandwiched between two plot-heavy chapters. So I'm trying to figure out how to rewrite the ending and give the chapter a little more substance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 9:11 pm

On the sims 2: That sounds pretty interesting, actually. It's yet another project you should post in the gamers lounge! =D

I know how that goes. That's why I haven't written chapter 4 of my story yet. Trying to get my sims up to some action. Agnes just finished maxing photography, cooking, and sculpting though. Gardening is almost supermaxed on Kyle. And I'm a few levels from making his proffession, so with some serious game time I should be able to get to the point of nooboos! 

Where are you in game?
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 9:14 pm

I haven't played it recently. The generation three immortal is still an infant, though the generation two heir is close to finishing two of the requirements (supermaxed skill and fully upgrading a venue). I'm excited about what the third generation Sim will add to the plot, though- I've got plans for her character!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 9:18 pm

That's awesome! Catch up on your story, I wanna read moreeeee!!! I don't care if chapter 2 is filler!!!
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 9:58 pm

5262 / 30000 words. 18% done!

Inspiration struck while I was in the shower, and I ended up staying up an extra hour to add a bit to the prologue. Now I just need to add a concluding paragraph.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 10:30 pm

I have failed with posting and updating here heheh ^^;;; But I have been working on my writing as well xD Especially after seeing just how wonderful everyone is doing. It is very inspirational!!! Accountability Challenge - Page 3 1434556979

5617 / 30000 words. 19% done!
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 11:26 pm

zodiacrain wrote:

6683 / 30000 words. 22% done!

22... My favorite number!

I'm finally done with the writing portions of my sister's birthday gift! I'll probably take a day off of writing tomorrow in order to finish the comics. (Or maybe I'll finish them tonight, and start working on my magical girl story tomorrow!)

^Today's numbers versus the other day

^ Zodia, your numbers seem a little off. Did you add wrong?

Verdandi wrote:
I have failed with posting and updating here heheh ^^;;; But I have been working on my writing as well xD Especially after seeing just how wonderful everyone is doing. It is very inspirational!!! Accountability Challenge - Page 3 1434556979

5617 / 30000 words. 19% done!

But you're doing it and your nearly at 6000 words! You're ahead of the game! How's your story coming? =D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 11:33 pm

Random question, browsed through all three pages and don't recall seeing it.

Would RPing also count for word count? Just curious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 11:35 pm

Yes it would! It counts as your project which you are writing! 

You count everything that you write yourself, you just can't count it twice. 

For example, I bought a little tiny journal and I'm going to write my dad a letter for his birthday. After I type it up I'm going to check the word count and add it up for the challenge. I am working on my writing after all, even if it isn't a story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 11:38 pm

Sweet! Goes to count my words for the day!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 11:39 pm

Update!!! I wanna see your word count! =D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 11:40 pm

Need to pull them into a word doc first to count them xD. I need to make 2K to catch up for yesterday and today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 11:41 pm

I will patiently wait! =D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 11:44 pm

Very anti-climatic.

4540 / 30000 words. 15% done!

It was a slow day since I started in late and my RP Partners are asleep, but I shall make up for lack of RP word count with my fanfic later tonight. >D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 11:46 pm

460 words to catch up! You've got this in the bag!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 11:50 pm

My previous word cout was 4125 ^^; I have to make up 1K for yesterday and today's 1K.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 12:22 am

Yeah but it's  technically only 6000 words to hit by midnight on the 16 th. you aren't that far behind at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 2:41 am

5535 / 30000 words. 18% done!

Here is where I'm stopping for the night. Less than 500 words to go and I'll be caught up!

Last edited by AgentAyu on 17th July 2013, 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 6:45 am

Natasha wrote:
zodiacrain wrote:

6683 / 30000 words. 22% done!

22... My favorite number!

I'm finally done with the writing portions of my sister's birthday gift! I'll probably take a day off of writing tomorrow in order to finish the comics. (Or maybe I'll finish them tonight, and start working on my magical girl story tomorrow!)

^Today's numbers versus the other day

^ Zodia, your numbers seem a little off. Did you add wrong?

Whoops, you're right! I actually have 7341/30,000 words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accountability Challenge   Accountability Challenge - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accountability Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Back to top