The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

[Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! Empty
PostSubject: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 12:44 am

Hello everyone!

Twenty days ago I opened a 1 month challenge in the writer's Section of the forum which required for writers to write 30,000 words in the time frame of 1 month. That is an average of 1000 words a day!

I'd like to open that challenge up to the writing and role playing guild! While 30,000 words is my goal for the month, you are free to choose your own goal to meet or succeed during the specified time frame!

The challenge is not limiting, for you can write whatever you like!

For example:

• Poetry
  • Role Playing
  • Scripts
  • Essays
  • Songs
  • Original Stories
  • Fan Fiction
  • Research and notes to take? No problem!
  • Character profiles, story outlines, etc.
  • Challenges, contests, hosting a mafia game

The list goes on really. The key thing is that you only count words that you use in your final draft.

How do you keep count?

I prefer to use ff.net doc manager since I do not have Microsoft Word. (Yes, my computer is that old, don't remind me!)

To keep track of your words, everyone in the challenge is recommended to update their word count on a daily basis in the thread using a Nanowrimo word count tracker.

This challenge will begin on August 10th and end on September 10th

Are you interested in joining?

If so please sign up below!

Participants:

Natasha (30,000 words)
AkikoUranus (30,000 words)
Sailor Venus (20,000 words)
Sailor Uranus (20,000 words)
Tuxedo Mistress (20,000 words)
Verdandi (25,000 words)
hiddenheartsvenus (25,000 words)
Sailor Pluto (20,000 words)
Cerechan (30,000 words)

Last edited by Natasha on 9th August 2013, 9:33 am; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 12:49 am

DEFINITELY!

Really good motivation to be doing this with others and cheering each other on!
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 6:02 am

Yes!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 7:49 am

Yes! :bunnypokerface  I must needs have a goal. As that whole region is when school starts I'd like to shorten my words per day average >< as beginning of school last year had me nearly falling asleep on the way home and turning into a couch vegetable that prayed for bedtime.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 8:29 am

Sailor Uranus, feel free too! This challenge is about enforcing us to work on OUR goals. If your personal goal was to do 25,000 words or maybe even less, that is your choice. The idea is to take your goal and work on it! =) 

I need to think of a way to phrase it on the main post. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 9:18 am

Natasha wrote:
Twenty days ago I opened a 1 month challenge in the writer's Section of the forum which required for writers to write 30,000 words in the time frame of 1 month. That is an average of 1000 words a day! 
"I'd like to open that challenge up to the writing and role playing guild! While 30,000 words is my goal for the month, you are free to choose your own goal to meet or succeed during the specified time frame!" 

Maybe?
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 9:22 am

Done! =D
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 9:24 am

I can do it, but 30000 words won't be my goal (work + college + house + kid + inspiration...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 9:31 am

That is A-okay! In this version you get to pick your own goal if 30,000 is too high! =D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 9:32 am

And remember any papers you have to write etc for school counts!
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 9:37 am

i know =)

i'm thinking of using my classes preparation as well. after all, i always write EVERYTHING that i'm supposed to do in class
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 9:38 am

That's totally fine! I bet it's a lot of work too! :bunnypokerface The horror!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 12:26 pm

Let's see, i think i can do this, yeah I write enough role plays so sure why not sign me up. for about 20,000 words please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 12:34 pm

Has anyone else decided on their goals for the month? =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 12:36 pm

30,000 again.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 12:41 pm

I kind of failed horribly on the last one, but this time I will have more time to prepare what I want to write and I think it will go much better. My mind needs preparation for things like this xD

So please put me down for 25,000!
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 12:46 pm

Aye aye, captain! Wink
Back to top Go down
hiddenheartsvenus
Pyramidal Crystal

hiddenheartsvenus

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Just call me Dee ;)

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime1st August 2013, 10:18 pm

I love these types of things. I think that's why I love NaNo so much, the personal challenge of meeting a goal, however intimidating and draining it might be. So sign me up. Let's see, let's start with 25,000. That's a good goal for me.
Back to top Go down
http://hiddenheartsvenus.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime1st August 2013, 10:28 pm

Your in! And also, welcome to the guild!!! =D
Back to top Go down
hiddenheartsvenus
Pyramidal Crystal

hiddenheartsvenus

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime1st August 2013, 10:29 pm

Thanks! Maybe this will keep me on track with my writing. I'm so easily distracted that when I say I'm going to write I don't and next thing I know I haven't written a single word in a week. I honestly I have no idea how it happens. Oooh shiny ring! >.>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime1st August 2013, 10:32 pm

I know exactly how you feel, hidden. I actually started an accountability challenge to force myself to write because I would never get anything done on my own. 

So, have you done Nanowrimo before? Any tips?
Back to top Go down
hiddenheartsvenus
Pyramidal Crystal

hiddenheartsvenus

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime1st August 2013, 10:39 pm

I've done NaNo 3 times. Don't push yourself is my big tip. Yeah the goal is 50,000 but if you push yourself too hard you'll go crazy. My first year I was rabid about it and drove my family nuts. I crashed and burned at the end of it. My second year I had a bunch of stuff happen so I didn't finish. And last year I wrote a fanfic and wrote what I felt like each day, no set word goals, and managed to exceed the 50,000 goal big time. I wrote over 100,000 words. Some days I wrote a lot and some days I didn't.

I also recommend spacing out your writing. Little in the morning, some in the afternoon, and then a bunch in the evening. That's how I did it last year. A little before work, some before my son came home from school, and then after he went to bed I got a lot done.

It also helps to have a buddy, even if they aren't doing NaNo. My bestie was my buddy last year and she was fantastic and helped alot with encouragement and setting up a little reward system for me. Rewards! Oh that's a good one. Give yourself rewards if you meet certain goals, whether it be word goals or goals for your story. Rewards always work.

And I babbled.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 7:42 am

That sounds much more productive than my previous NaNo attempts have been, Hearts. I'm very impressed, XD. Considering how slowly I write, though, even getting to where I write (on a non-roleplay) daily basis will be a major improvement.

Put me down for 20,000?
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 9:49 am

yeah, i forgot to put the number of words. put me for 20000 as well =)
Back to top Go down
hiddenheartsvenus
Pyramidal Crystal

hiddenheartsvenus

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 10:07 am

Sailor Pluto wrote:
That sounds much more productive than my previous NaNo attempts have been, Hearts. I'm very impressed, XD. Considering how slowly I write, though, even getting to where I write (on a non-roleplay) daily basis will be a major improvement.

Put me down for 20,000?

I'm almost 100% positive that last year was a complete and utter fluke. I fully credit my bestie for the amazing encouragement, cause she just wouldn't stop and kept on pushing me to write more and she knew what buttons to push to get me to write more. Between that and the plot that just wouldn't get out of my head, the words just came. I've actually struggled to maintain that kind of mindset when it comes to writing since then. I haven't had that kind of motivation or inspiration since.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 10:12 am

Alright, everyone is added and/or updated up to this point. Sailor Uranus, and Sailor Venus, do you know what word count you want yet?

Hidden- Wow! That is awesome! I'll be sure to follow your tips! =)
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 5:10 pm

hiddenheartsvenus wrote:
Sailor Pluto wrote:

Put me down for 20,000?

I'm almost 100% positive that last year was a complete and utter fluke. I fully credit my bestie for the amazing encouragement, cause she just wouldn't stop and kept on pushing me to write more and she knew what buttons to push to get me to write more. Between that and the plot that just wouldn't get out of my head, the words just came. I've actually struggled to maintain that kind of mindset when it comes to writing since then. I haven't had that kind of motivation or inspiration since.

Heh. Well, maybe we should be writing buddies. I might try pantsing, though. I haven't done pantsing in about four or five years, so maybe a change of pace will do me some good. I'm currently debating what project to work on ... in just original worlds (for novels and whatnot, not counting the individual stories in them), I have thirteen. And I also have loads of fanfiction ideas. X_x
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 5:12 pm

I'll sign up this time.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 5:15 pm

do you have a word count in mind? Wink
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime2nd August 2013, 5:16 pm

30000 sounds good I write a lot so that's very achievable.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!   [Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Challenge]The Accountability Challenge Sign Ups!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top