The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn Empty
PostSubject: [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn   [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn I_icon_minitime10th June 2018, 7:02 am

[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn Roleplayer_of_the_month_header_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d85b326
May's Featured Roleplayer: Sailor Saturn!
[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn IardBS3
Sailor Saturn wrote:
Sailor Saturn has been absolutely everywhere doing everything and the section is shining for it!! And on top of all that, Verdi is kind to everyone to the point of being seriously the most adorable person

Quick Facts about Sailor Saturn, The Roleplayer!
[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 3120549547  Sailor Saturn has been with us for a long time!! She was originally accepted as a Rainbow Crystal Moderator in October of 2012! Less than a year after the roleplay section opened! Back then, she moderated the Silver Millennium section♥️
[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 3120549547 Between October of 2013 and April of 2015, Verdandi served as Sailor Pluto! She was amazing with otaku character profiles and helping out all over the section, but she always had amazing ideas for roleplay events...
[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 3120549547 After her return to the site, Verdandi became Sailor Saturn THIS MONTH LAST YEAR! June of 2016!! Since then she's showered us in creative and fun Casual Events and RTRP's! ;u; I'm so glad she came back to us, it's been amazing to have her back on the team! :> jsyk, verdi, you can't leave now. :>
[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 3120549547 Sailor Saturn's very first roleplay, way~ back in 2012, was Starseed Senshi Adventures, where she played Sailor Ananke, the "daughter" of Sailor Aluminum Siren and Sailor Saturn! XD LOOK AT ALL THIS ANCIENT STUFF I LOVE IT we are archaeologists now, studying the ancient roleplaying world 
[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 3120549547 Since then, Saturn has joined heaven help me with this counting 56 roleplays, including completion of 18 Casual Events, 11 Hardcore Events, a one-on-one linked below, has 6 storylines in in planning, and is in 5 active storylines at the moment. Phew!
[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 3120549547 Sailor Saturn has been in SO MANY featured roleplays, but one I'd especially like to mention is Synergy, a PGSM-universe rp♥️ It stars Venus and Mars, played by Sailor Neptune and Saturn (respectively) ((both players have different names now, hahahah♥️))
[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 3120549547 Sailor Saturn has AT LEAST 8 approved canon profiles (3 being antagonists♥️), 9 approved otaku profiles (1 being an antagonist!) and 2 crossover profiles!
[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 3120549547 Of all of the roleplays Saturn has played in, she chose Synergy as the most nostalgia-inducing! ((Though, she says, after just rereading The Collector, she's has a lot of feels there, too XD))
[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 3120549547 Sailor Saturn's current rp obsession is the Star Catchers Hardcore Event AND Rift -
Rift wrote:
There's a really nice atmosphere to that RP and RPing with Aurae is always such a treat! Plus playing a personality like my Female!Rubeus character is a bit of a challenge, but one that brings so much fun D: [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn Dcbf6274f0ce0f393d064a72db2c8913
[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 3120549547 Of all of her currently-accepted characters, Hadley, Sailor Valdis is the nearest and dearest to her heart (at the moment, anyway! XD)
About Hadley wrote:
This is a hard one xD I'd say Hadley is the dearest to my heart, she's gone through so much and she was the one character I've been able to play the most out of so she's really special to me [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn Dcbf6274f0ce0f393d064a72db2c8913 Her instant connection with Ari also just makes me so happy, it was a surprise and a delight xD

Rainbow Crystal Stamps Collected:
[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 618Z0J6[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn JfwzRO1[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn FmKJWWv[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 4Xpmr4n[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 9EFM9n2[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn SgTICtY
One more to go til Rainbow!!

List of Accepted Characters: Saturn's List!
List of Storylines: Saturn's List!

When Sailor Saturn was interviewed by Sailor Neptune, she had this to say!
Sailor Neptune's Interview with Saturn wrote:
How did you first get into RPing?

Oh wow, let's see. I remember browsing around as a wee little lass with my sister, and we ran into a forum that spoke of games played with original characters in the Beyblade universe. We were very much into that at the time, so we signed up and threw together characters (which were not much more than a name and an associated animal xD) and played around there! It didn't last long but I was hooked!

How long have you been RPing?

Ahaha ummm *counts on fingers* 13 or more years? (6 of that is on GC exclusively xD)

Do you RP anything besides Sailor Moon?

I used to! I use to RP for a whole bunch of fandoms years ago and as well as just original characters and situations. These days I stick to mostly Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon crossovers, and original settings hehe

What is your favorite thing about RPing? Why is it something you love to do?

It's just so much fun! I've been writing my whole life, but RPing presents such an open-ended way of writing that is seriously addicting. <3 

I love writing out a post and wondering how the other player(s) will react, how they will have their character interpret the interaction. You never quite know how something will turn out and it keeps you on your toes, and helps to get into the mind of a character in a way you might never have done on your own. 

Plus the brainstorming aspect of just throwing together ideas with other people and creating something bigger and better as a group is just magical, really <3 

Who is/are your favorite character(s) to RP, Sailor Moon or otherwise?

Minako and Rei are my go-to favorites <3 I love everything about them and they are such *fun* to delve into. But I love experimenting with a whole bunch of different characters. Working out personalities and reactions and reasonings is what gives me life, so I'm pretty open to trying anything xD

Right now though, I am so so soooo invested and loving playing my original HC Star Catchers character, Cassandra Bailey <3 <3 

Tell us about your first original character.

Oh gosh xD I can't even really remember anything from when I was a tiny wee lass, but the one that comes to mind is an Otaku Senshi I made when I was a kid who watched Sailor Moon with her friends. Her name was Liana and she was Sailor Eclipse. I have a picture around here somewhere of when I drew her as a kid, and she looked very much like Sailor Pluto and had Pluto's Garnet Orb in her hand (because Pluto is amazing), but had lots of roses in her design as well for some reason hahah <3 

What types of stories do you love best? Any specific genre?

I am a huge fan of the Fantasy genre (with a side helping of Sci-Fi) and I enjoy when bits of romance are thrown in but isn't the sole focus of the story xD Also, lots of magic heheh

I love stories of struggle and character growth, of despair and angst, where things don't go right all the time but somehow the characters carry on and push through all that darkness to make some kind of victory for theirselves.  

Favorite original character you have come up with?

Throughout the years I have made so many characters, it's impossible to remember them all haha xD I love Hadley, a character I made for the second round of HC events, as she was a softer and sweeter character than I typically go for and she is affected greatly by all the darkness happening around her so it was fun to get into the nitty gritty of angst with her xD 

But I feel like Cassandra is overtaking her in that number one spot because I just love this character so much D: The idealism and dreaminess mixed with a pragmatic mindset and a perceptive eye makes it so much FUN to write her posts xD Plus with her posts, I've been really pushing myself to write more poetic-ish descriptions for things because that's how she would see them, and it's been difficult but really great fun all the same <3 <3 

What was the first RP or RP Event that you took part in on GC and what did you like about it?

Hmmmmmm let's go searching xD My first Event that I can find was one called Halloween Costume Party where I played Fai D. Flourite who dressed up as Sailor Pluto (mixing two of my favorite characters!) and I made one really long post, got overwhelmed, and didn't post again haha oops xD It's funny to look back because right now I'm thinking "Faiii I could do you *so* much more justice now!!" xDD

What's your favorite part of RPing on GC?

GC feels like this warm little home full of great friends and family that makes every endeavor comfortable and fun and it's hard to imagine RPing anywhere else ever again xD I love diving into the entire process with everyone <3 <3

Do you have any tips/tricks for people who might want to start RPing but are intimidated because they don't feel their writing isn't good enough or don't know where to start?

*shameless plug* Join a Casual Event!  It's an easy way to jump into the RP scene without much pressure, you can get your feet wet and I'll be there to help you every step of the way <3

But honestly, just start writing and you'll automatically improve. Instead of focusing on the negatives (pressure, not feeling good enough, etc) focus on the parts that really get you excited to post. If you have fun doing it, the improvement will come without you even realizing it. Five years from now you'll go back and re-read an old RP and realize "Wow, I've grown so much!!" and it will be both kind of embarassing and really amazing all at the same time hehehe <3 

Fondest memory/most memorable moment in your entire RPing history?

Coming back in hmm 2016 I think it was? after having been MIA from the forum for about a year I was just missing this place SO much and I was welcomed back with open arms and there was so much inspiration and love in every corner and it really makes me all sappy to think about it <3

For an in-character thing, the thing that sticks out the most is Hadley drinking potions-that-were-really-poison in one of the HC events hahaha xD 

Any RP ideas you have always wanted to do but for various reasons haven't done?

If I have an RP idea, I tend to just make it and see how it goes xD But there is one idea that comes to mind!

Birth of Silence, an angsty war-filled RP focusing on senshi from Saturn's moons, where they are desperate to awaken their Princess and have to find the talismans, only to have Sailor Saturn destroy the world, the end xD It will be a bittersweet ending that is meant to give weight to the fact that in canon Saturn is feared xD I love this idea but because I love it so much, I get afraid of starting it heheh We almost started it years ago now, but it fell out and the itch to try again is coming back now that I've re-read the premise xD

What do you do when you get writer's block?

I find that once you get into the habit of writing a lot, and writing daily, writer's block doesn't hurt you as much. I think that writer's block is often caused by a fear of writing something "bad" or feeling stuck in a scene. Once you accept that things don't have to be absolutely perfect, it gets easier. 

When that happens, though, just write! xD Sounds silly I suppose, but you have to work through it until you break through. Re-read through old posts, ones that you feel proud of, and use that as a jumping point. Set a timer for just five minutes and allow yourself to make mistakes. Don't think, just write. I find that after that kind of exercise, I have pushed that inner critic aside and am more invested in the scene I'm trying to write and want to continue past those initial 5 minutes! 

What inspires you the most in writing?

Characters xD I love getting into the nitty gritty of personalities and how they mesh and clash with one another. I love that the same scene can be written endlessly different depending on a character's personality and background. <3 Watching as characters develop and grow throughout the plot is so much fun. 

What makes you go "I must join this RP!" The story, the people, the characters, all of the above?

If there's a lot of angst, I tend to want in xD Also, if there's a lot of potential for characters to grow (both inwardly as well as relationship-wise), I find myself drawn towards them too! 

I also love the idea of having a huge epic-type storyline someday, but the HC events greatly help that itch xD

Other comments/suggestions for the GC RP section?

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH <3 <3 Thank you for RPing and making this section the beautiful home that it is <3

Saturn Specific Questions

What are your feelings about being the one in charge of Casual Events? What do you enjoy most about it?

A lot of the time, it scares me, honestly xD It's a lot of work and I often worry that the plot idea won't be well received or that I'll mess it up! I want the Casual Events to be as welcoming as possible! It's often the first introduction a member has with RPing and I want it to be a blast for them! I want people to feel comfortable when they join a Casual Event and realize that it's not so scary after all! 

Being able to help others find a love for writing and for RPing is so amazing to me, so I love that aspect of it so so much <3 <3 

Are there any challenges in trying to come up with a new one every month or running them in general?

There's a lot of challenges, especially as I try to make a new one every month, along with RTRPs, and to make them varied and fresh so no one gets bored hehe That's why I'm often trying different styles of Casual Events, to see what clicks and what doesn't! 

Sometimes time schedules are evil too, so that's never fun xD Plus, I actually get a little overwhelmed with large-cast RPs (ironically xD) so I always need to take a step back and make certain I wrangle in that initial anxiety xD  

Where do you usually get your ideas for Casual Events?

I'm often inspired by the season or holidays going on throughout the month. The RP Challenges also help with ideas because I like to make the Casual Events match the theme! It's also awesome when people submit their own ideas, because it not only helps generate more ideas, but it's also a great clue as to what people want out of a Casual Event! 

Is there anything else you'd like to share about these events in general? Maybe a teaser about upcoming things to look forward to?

Ohhh my gosh you guys, next month (July 2018) will be (I hope) sooo much fun! I'm very excited and a little scared hahah  All I can say right now is to grab a magnifying glass and put on your thinking caps! <3 <3 

Also, just, thank you to everyone for being such great participants in the Casual Events. I hope to work even harder so that you all can have as much fun as humanly possible! You're all amazing and I hope to see you all in many more Events to come! <3 <3 <3

Do you have any questions for Sailor Saturn our Featured Roleplayer of May? Ask her here! ♥️
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn   [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn I_icon_minitime10th June 2018, 8:06 am

I know you have done lots of Causal events...what were your favorites that you can remember
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn   [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn I_icon_minitime10th June 2018, 11:55 pm

Do you have any advice for creating otaku/fan characters?
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn   [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn I_icon_minitime11th June 2018, 6:14 am

Awww, Verdi! ♥️ I adore RPing with you, too! (I'd happily give Birth of Silence a try, if you want to resurrect it~)

Thanks for always creating so many amazing Casual Events for the forums to enjoy!

Do you have any future plans for Hadley, RP-wise? ♥️
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn   [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn I_icon_minitime13th June 2018, 6:29 am

Do you prefer to play characters that are most like you or least like you?
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn   [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn I_icon_minitime13th June 2018, 7:20 am

Sportsnutd wrote:
I know you have done lots of Causal events...what were your favorites that you can remember

Oooh this is a good question xD And hard to answer, because I love so many different aspects about all of them hehe

A Trip to Naida Beach will always hold a special place in my heart because it was the very first one I hosted!

Rite of Legacy was a lot of fun and I really liked the premise of it and I kind of want to re-do it someday somehow heheh

The Axis events are a fun one too, and I hope to keep it around for several more events to come! <3

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
Do you have any advice for creating otaku/fan characters?

Push yourself! Or at least, that's what I like to do when coming up with a new character. xD Find some aspect of a personality that you've never played before and use that as a starting base for the character!

For example, the character I recently created, I wanted to push myself with descriptions, to include more poetic imagery in my posts because it's something I adore but never do. So I made a character who would see things in very flowery ways so that I am forced to work on that aspect of my writing. And it's been a lot of fun!

Also, focusing on personality first and then coming up with a history to back that personality is an easier way to build a character, I've found xD

Sailor Mercury wrote:
Awww, Verdi! ♥️ I adore RPing with you, too! (I'd happily give Birth of Silence a try, if you want to resurrect it~)

Thanks for always creating so many amazing Casual Events for the forums to enjoy!

Do you have any future plans for Hadley, RP-wise? ♥️

<3 <3 <3 Now you tempt me! xD

Thank you for always being such a kindly soul in all of the Events, dear!! <3

At the moment, no plans for poor little Hadley xD Right now she's stuck in a Nightmare HC anyway, so maybe once that clears up, I could think of other things! Although if there are more HC events in the future, she'll definitely be joining in as long as she still lives hahaaaa D:

Sailor Neptune wrote:
Do you prefer to play characters that are most like you or least like you?

Oohhh hmmm I think it's a bit of a mixture of both, honestly, especially as I like to play around with a wide variety of personalities xD I'd say I probably prefer to play characters that are least like me, but who always have something in their personality that ties them to my own personal stuff, whether it be a big connection or a tiny connection. It can be a nice outlet to explore your own demons with a character, after all xD

Cassandra, for instance, has been fun because she keeps hope alive in her heart and is driven to action, which can be difficult for an anxiety-ridden individual such as myself but also very therapeutic, whereas Hadley on the other hand, despite my efforts in the beginning of her development, has turned out to be the one I probably identify with most out of my characters and it can be difficult to play her at times xD
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn   [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn I_icon_minitime13th June 2018, 12:16 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!

It's because of YOU that I got to experience the joy of RPing for the first time and you help inspire me to continue it! I'm in awe of how many new and interesting events you've come up with just since my arrival in 2016!

So... a question! With RL friends and family, do you tend to keep your life as an RPer a secret or are you the type that can't resist sharing your passion for it?

Also, I love your Saturn RP idea!!!! I'm particularly interested to see how the Saturn moon OCs interact with the talisman holders. And of course... the badass moment of end ><!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn   [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn I_icon_minitime17th June 2018, 10:25 am

Diagnosed wrote:
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!

It's because of YOU that I got to experience the joy of RPing for the first time and you help inspire me to continue it! I'm in awe of how many new and interesting events you've come up with just since my arrival in 2016!

So... a question! With RL friends and family, do you tend to keep your life as an RPer a secret or are you the type that can't resist sharing your passion for it?

Also, I love your Saturn RP idea!!!! I'm particularly interested to see how the Saturn moon OCs interact with the talisman holders. And of course... the badass moment of end ><!!

Thank you so much for your kind words [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 702547589 I don't even know what to say xD You are incredibly sweet, thank you!!! I am super happy to hear that you were able to find your joy for RPing, that is so amazing!!! <3

As for your question: I don't keep it secret, but I tend not to call it "RPing" to anyone because in the past when I try to explain the concept, people get confused or their eyes glaze over ahaha Generally I just say that I am writing a story with other people and that seems to at least get them on the right track xD It doesn't quite convey the excitement in RPing or the intricacies, but it at least gets the general idea across I guess xD

Also, when I decide to start up the Birth of Silence RP again, I will let you know! Very Happy Maybe you'd even want to join us [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn 2695440696  
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn   [May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[May] RPer of the Month: Sailor Saturn

View previous topic View next topic Back to top