The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

[March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! Empty
PostSubject: [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter!   [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! I_icon_minitime18th April 2018, 10:21 am

[March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! Roleplayer_of_the_month_header_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d85b326
March's Featured Roleplayer: Sailor Jupiter!
[March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! LFMw6qX
Sailor Mercury wrote:
The RP section had gotten very quiet, but Sailor Jupiter perked up activity in mid-March! She suggested the creation of a Storyline, worked diligently to submit her own character profiles, and hopped right into posting! Plus, she's the creator of the amazing RP headers being used for "Old Setsuna" and "Plu-to Meiou"—if you haven't had a moment to appreciate them, I recommend that you take a look in the "That's No Moon" thread to check them out! Since then, she's kept up activity in that thread and joined the April Casual Event! (Where we are adoring her clever writing for Naru's accent.)

Due to her marvelous surge of activity, AMAZING RP HEADERS, and wonderful sense of humor in her posts... Sailor Jupiter is an excellent choice for RPer of the Month!

Quick Facts about Sailor Jupiter, The Roleplayer!
[March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! 1333987389 Sailor Jupiter was RPer of the Month in June of 2016! We interviewed her then, too!
[March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! 1333987389 Sailor Jupiter submitted a very interesting profile for a Civilian Haruka Tenoh! Hmm, what sort of RP could be in store for a character like that?
[March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! 1333987389 Sailor Jupiter hosted last summer's MURDER MYSTERY Murder at the Ravenwood Masquerade Ball, and played Drew Golden!
[March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! 1333987389 Sailor Jupiter's amazing Star Wars Crossover Roleplay, That's No Moon! is April's Featured Roleplay!

Rainbow Crystal Stamps Collected:
It doesn't look like she's collected any Rainbow Crystal Stamps yet!

List of Accepted Characters: Not Listed in one place!
List of Storylines: Not listed in one place!

When Sailor Jupiter was interviewed by Sailor Neptune, she had this to say!
Sailor Neptune wrote:
What is your favorite thing about RPing? Why is it something you love to do?
I'm really enjoying it in terms of being a writing challenge. How many ways can I said "she said" without using those words? These are the kinds of corners I'd run into if I ever started writing a book as I'd someday like to do, and this is good practice. Plus, it's fun to try to get into a character's head and imagine how they would react to something.

What types of stories do you love best? Any specific genre?
I love to read mystery novels, but I think for RP I might like comedy or action best - which surprises me. It's the moments where I get to reveal something in an interesting or laughable way that I'm really enjoying. ^^

What gets you in an RPing mood? How do you handle writer's block?
I just don't post. That's probably the worst answer, but it's the truth, heh. If I post something forced, it's going to be "meh" and I never want it to be "meh"!

What gets you the most excited about a storyline? The idea? The people involved? What X factor makes you think, "Ooh! I have to be a part of this?"
The idea + the people. I was so excited to do That's No Moon with Sailor Mercury both because Sailor Moon + Star Wars is a sandwich of my two favorite things, and because I've read her RP's before and I think she does a really stellar job with word choice

Do you prefer roleplaying as a character that is most like you or least like you?
Oof, this is kind of hard since I don't have much experience yet. Setsuna/Obi Wan is very not like me (I think I'm probably more of a Minako) but I've really enjoyed having to rework things to suit her persona. Whereas I might jump up or yell excitedly, she's more likely to sit calmly and talk coolly. It's fun to bend my brain into writing differently, though I do suffer from serious imposter syndrome! I always worry I'm not doing her character justice. The fact that it's a crossover and there's an established Star Wars script gives me a lot of guidance and wiggle room.

Fondest memory/most memorable moment in your entire RPing history?
I'm really, really enjoying being a sneaky old lady. This droid? Never seen it before. Usagi's mom? Definitely not Darth Selene. I like the little mental asides that the reader is privy to, but not the other characters. I think as a reader it's fun to be in on something, and I've enjoyed flourishing my metaphorical cape for those little reveals.

Are you looking for more storylines? Can members approach you to start a roleplay with you, and if so, what methods do you prefer? (i.e. Discord/PM, should they have an idea first or can they just walk up to you and say "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but RP with me maybe?"
DM or PM works! Right now I'm in 2 RPs and I have another coming down the pipeline. I'm no Sailor Neptune so I think maybe actively participating in 2 is my max, but I'm happy to be conscripted for future interesting ideas.

Do you prefer Casual or Advanced roleplays? Why?
I have only done casuals so far, so I can't say!

Canon or crossover or multiverse? Why?
Crossover and multiverse. I like to imagine what the characters would do when put in the RP blender with other universes and characters. That said, I think it can also be really fun to play a canon character - I'm really looking forward to my steamy HaruMichi RP with Yunie for exactly this reason! Haruka is so cool and I get to be her? AWESOME.

Any RP ideas you have always wanted to do but for various reasons haven't done?
I am really interested in doing a Sherlock Holmes & Watson where Usagi is Sherlock and Ami is Watson. I'll probably be picky about who I end up doing this with though. I'd really want a good Ami as the straight man character that Usagi could bounce her ridiculousness off of.

Do you have any tips/tricks for people who might want to start RPing but are intimidated because they don't feel their writing isn't good enough or don't know where to start?
Be like Nike and Just Do ItTM But seriously, even if you were the worst RPer imaginable, there's probably someone in the RP section already who's on your level. Staff can probably match you guys up so you can work on progressing together. Read over the work of RPers you admire and ask yourself questions about how they present information. Another good way is the Casual RPs. I was definitely caught in the RP net via these. There's a really low barrier to entry - no profiles, approvals or word counts required, so it's easy to start. Plus, if you goof up, there are usually enough other players that someone will cleverly swoop in and save the day.

Other comments/suggestions for the GC RP section?
I honestly can't think of anything you guys aren't doing absolutely right. Thanks for all the hard work you put in, it really shows.

Do you have any questions for Sailor Jupiter our Featured Roleplayer of March? Ask her here! ♥️
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter!   [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! I_icon_minitime18th April 2018, 10:41 am

whats it like doing a Hardcore rp compared to others?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter!   [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! I_icon_minitime18th April 2018, 2:44 pm

Sportsnutd wrote:
whats it like doing a Hardcore rp compared to others?

Honestly... idk yet! My hardcore RP is coming up as Yunie is finishing up classes at the moment. Making the profile was Intense with a capital I. It took me several hours over a few days, and it's only a civilian profile! I asked a lot of questions. A lot. But! I think it's good that it takes so long. I'm going to have to write some lengthy posts so I need to be comfortable with information about that character and how they would interact based on their history and personality traits and the long format gave me a good base for that future writing. In a way, it was a lot like building a good Dungeons & Dragons character!
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter!   [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! I_icon_minitime18th April 2018, 9:23 pm

Congrats again, Sailor Jupiter!! I've been loving your play as Naru in our Spring Casual Event ^_^.

Any plans yet as to what your future book might be about?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter!   [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! I_icon_minitime19th April 2018, 10:25 am

Diagnosed wrote:
Congrats again, Sailor Jupiter!! I've been loving your play as Naru in our Spring Casual Event ^_^.

Any plans yet as to what your future book might be about?

I really want to write a mystery novel someday! That's all I can say about it, haha. I've vaguely started blocking things out in some notes in my phone but I know I don't have the time for it right now so it's just cooking in my head at the time being XD
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter!   [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! I_icon_minitime19th April 2018, 2:02 pm

Congrats, Sailor Jupiter!

This is a question I've had for a fairly long time-how did you come up with the mystery masquerade RP event? There was so many intricate things sent out to make sure we were in character and everything.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter!   [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! I_icon_minitime19th April 2018, 4:36 pm

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
Congrats, Sailor Jupiter!

This is a question I've had for a fairly long time-how did you come up with the mystery masquerade RP event? There was so many intricate things sent out to make sure we were in character and everything.

Hah, I wish I could take credit for that, but it was actually from a party I went to. My friend had bought a Murder Mystery Masquerade party pack that had all of the characters and info and she was nice enough to share it with me so I could run it on GC. I'm still sad it was never finished. I didn't want to reveal much about the RP so I don't believe we decided to link to it at the time, but you can buy it (and a lot of other packs) here: http://mymysteryparty.com/ravenwood-masquerade-murder-mystery/
Back to top Go down
Prince Triton
Pyramidal Crystal

Prince Triton

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter!   [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! I_icon_minitime19th April 2018, 4:50 pm

SPEECHSPEECHSPEECH
Congratulations Again, Jupiter!! I really like your Old Setsuna!!

When you do, which canon do you prefer to roleplay?

Last edited by Prince Triton on 19th April 2018, 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Predictive ate my verbs)
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter!   [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! I_icon_minitime8th May 2018, 7:30 am

Prince Triton wrote:
SPEECHSPEECHSPEECH
Congratulations Again, Jupiter!! I really like your Old Setsuna!!

When you do, which canon do you prefer to roleplay?

Oops, I just saw this, sorry!

Hmmmmmmm probably anime? I'm the most familiar with it in fact it's the only media I've finished, whoops but I know a teeny bit about PGSM and the manga so I can pull a pinch from there if need be. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter!   [March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[March] RPer of the Month - Sailor Jupiter!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top