The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Headcanons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
SailorStar9
Star Seed

SailorStar9

Star Seed

Headcanons - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 8:45 am

nerf-or-nothing wrote:
It's highly unlikely Queen Serenity would try to hurt the senshi in anyway shape or form. The moon family wouldn't betray the senshi and kill their lovers. I dunno why you think the moon family is evil and would hurt them, they are like family.
I never said anything about Queen Serenity being evil and purposely killing the Senshi's lovers, did I?Headcanons - Page 8 3541594201 

My theory: Queen Serenity might have unintentionally split the Senshi's lovers all over the mutli-verse when she sent everyone to 20th century Earth for rebirth. I mean, she's already at her last breath, so her concentration won't be that good; therefore something went wrong and the Senshi's lovers got separated from the main group.
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime20th September 2013, 4:08 pm

^That sounds possible. I mean not everything always goes smoothly. Take Artemis and Luna's memories for example. If I remember right, they were hurled into the future in capsules, not reincarnated, and their memories of the past weren't intact either, so the whole trip probably knocked some things loose.

Now here's another small piece of headcanon regarding Makoto. With all the reading I've been doing through my astrology books, and the little bit of rewatching the anime (English version), I've come up with two pieces of headcanon.

1. Lita is a Sagittarius, which doesn't like restrictions or feeling "tied down" in any way. The psychological type is also said to need physical activity or they become ill. I mean you would get ill without some sort of exercise but I mean even more than that.

Because of that, I want to say that Lita really hates it when she can't move. So when monsters and other enemies try to restrain her, it just irritates her more.

2. Lita's incredible strength is natural, and a cause of awkwardness for her whenever people ask her about it. I mean she lifted up a monster over her head and tossed him effortlessly, without her powers.

I think that as a child, before any kind of growth spurt made her more body conscious, she was aware that she was oddly stronger than other kids her age, despite not being any more muscular than anybody else. This was also unrelated to any amount of exercise she got.

This caused people to look at her strangely when she managed to overpower boys twice her size and weight. Maybe she took up something like karate as one way of learning to control her strength.

And while some of her cases of fighting in school could have been her defending other kids, others could have been cases could have been her underestimating her still growing muscles. And she's uncomfortable every time people ask her how she got so strong, because how does she tell people she never had to do a thing?

I watched her premiere episode in the anime. When Joe displayed his powers and told her it was something he was born with and couldn't explain, she said she could relate, while looking down at the table. I say she was talking about her bizarre strength.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 3:27 am

My headcanon for Beryl's origins (Thanks to the new musical)  under spoilers because it's SUPER long and sort of fanficcy

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 7:05 am

Putting behind a spoiler for those who havne't seen it BUT KTENSHI ARE YOU PRETTY MUCH SPOT ON.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 7:44 am

Ha, I thought so.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 8:23 am

Ktenshi, that was great. That was really great. I mean wow. Having an unrequited love based in status is hurtful, but your scenario is ten times more painful, and it really works. *claps*
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 9:37 am

-bows-  
n.n Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 10:41 am

^Welcome.

Here's yet another smaller piece of my headcanon, and this one is about Tuxedo Mask and why he wears the Tuxedo. It's odd really. The Senshi uniforms are also odd, but it's a design shared by the group, and they didn't pick them out. Mamoru on the other hand is alone, and he ended up being a thief who wears a Tuxedo... not exactly the best option for night work, know what I mean?

I like the idea that Tuxedo Mask wasn't intentional at first, that it was subconscious. I say that Mamoru owns a copy of the Arsene Lupin stories. When his subconscious first wanted to go out and find the Silver Crystal, it knew it needed a disguise. Mamoru had been reading Lupin that night, so it was the image of Lupin that his subconscious/magical powers latched onto when making the alternate identity.

And now for a ridiculous headcanon: Remember how Mamoru is wearing a tuxedo in midday when he's first shown? Even Usagi wonders about it. It's ridiculous really. Why?

Well, then I remember another show I've watched with my mom, Murder She Wrote. It was a good show in the 80s, my mom loved it, and she likes watching the DVD sets. Season two had this episode where the main character, Jessica Fletcher, has her nephew Grady helping her track down clues, particularly who the murder victim bought something (they don't know what) for from a men's wear shop.

So Grady pretends to be the customer. The clerk says the item was delivered, Grady says it wasn't. The clerk shows the receipt, with the signature. Grady then claims that was not his signature. The clerk is very apologetic and assures Grady the item will be replaced.

Going along with the act, Grady says "Well I'm afraid that will be too late. You see I have an important breakfast meeting tomorrow and I intend to wear it." *slaps counter for angry emphasis*

The clerk then gives me a puzzled look. "A tuxedo? For breakfast?"

Grady then stumbles and says "Tuxedo? Yes...uh...you see...it's a meeting of the National Association of...Head Waiters." *walks out quickly*

So clearly, Mamoru must have gone to a meeting of the National Association of Head Waiters that day. XD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 11:23 am

Haha maybe so! xD

Also I had a chance to read over your Mercurian Kingdom headcannon (making my way to the Venusian one next). Very enjoyable! There is a point I wanted to bring up but I didn't a chance to at the time of reading it.

I think what may help your headcannons of hte kingdoms further is understanding the way the elements are set up for the four "inner" senshi. I remeber reading somewhere (I think another thread) where you were questioning why jupiter is included in the inners. There is an old thread where a lot of that is explained. if i can find it i'll send it your way. xD
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 11:53 am

Actually, the tuxedo, from what I've read somewhere, was because Naoko was actually mocking these kinds of guys that walk around a certain district (I can't remember which one. I wish I did. Ugh) dressed up like that. Who were just 'so cool' looking and all. 

Though, need to also point out that even though the name says Tuxedo Kamen, Mamoru's not actually wearing a real Tuxedo (Apparently).  

You could also attribute him wearing it because of the Moon Kingdom ball (anime continuity at least).

Now for something completely different and it's a Headcanon about Beryl.  

Manga-wise:  Beryl was reborn like everyone else and had a chance to live and such before she opened the seal on the dark Kingdom.

I would think that Beryl was born to a middle-class family and that she was liked well enough growing up in a quiet suburban neighborhood.  I would think that she lived only with her mother and grandmother, her father is either unknown or died tragically when she was younger.  Her mother was a major influence on Beryl as a child because she was a very strong woman and had a take-no-prisoners attitude towards her business.   Beryl's grandmother is a retired researcher who's specialty was ancient civilizations.   Her grandmother's greatest thesis was concerning the nature of some ruins and stone tablets, but she never finished them as she ended up quitting her job to be a stay-at-home mother and then also because of other things that happened later on. 

Because of her grandmother's stories about these things, Beryl had a very deep and vivacious appetite for history and the occult.   She had always felt something linked with them but could never figure out what exactly. 

As Beryl grew older, she caught the eye of a wealthy man who promised to marry her when she finished high school.   Believing him, she puts aside her college apps and graduated with honors.  She kept believing him for two years, but it turns out that she was actually the mistress and he was already married. 

Her distrust towards such men grew and she decided that the only use for them was to be- essentially- piggy banks she could use for her own means. After all, they tried to use her so it's only fair.

So, she basically used their funds to attend a prestigious college, determined to finish her grandmother's work because she was vastly interested in what these things meant. 

It wasn't easy.

Often her theories and thesis were mocked as being fairytales and that she should just quit and get married or something.  Moon kingdoms? Bah. As if such things existed!  The more they joked and laughed at her, the more frustrated Beryl became.   This frustration, strangely, seemed to cause a run of bad luck to any around her- which isolated Beryl even more.   Lately, she's also been having strange and disturbing dreams about the moon in various ways.

It's only when the head of her department decided her work was useless and laid her off to save money, did Beryl's frustrations boiled over and she struck out on her own. Determined to prove to them that her research was correct.  She did this alone, despite her now estranged mother's warnings. People have already been to the north pole- why would she ever want to go to such a place?

Beryl would not be deterred from her goal.

She'll make them sorry.  She'll make them -all- grovel at her feet!  Mock her research? Well, she'll show them what a fairytale will look like!

And when she made it there, made the discovery of a lifetime- she accidentally unsealed the dark ancient evil that reawakened her past life's memories.  Worming its' way into her heart, body and mind.   

Metallia convinced her that if she helped find the Silver Crystal, all those stiffs at the college will bow down to her. If she gathered the Shitennou, she would have men serve her. Bow to her with loyalty.  If she did this.. she'll finally have a man that'll truly care for her. That won't leave her or use her feelings against her.  She'll have all the power in the world- if she found the Silver Crystal.

It can be said that maybe this time, Beryl's downfall was for the want of power.
...Or the want of love.

(haa. I need to stop. xd; )
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 11:56 am

I believe I talked about Jupiter's status in this thread, page 5 or 6 I think. And I actually am aware of the five element system. When I was comparing Ami to smaller bodies of water, and relating her powers to ice (and they do have ice elements), I was just trying to create a little bit of conceptual differentiation between her and Michiru. I mean both  have water-related powers. I was just trying to focus on how exactly those "water" powers differ.

And thank you for the feedback. I'd be interested to read that thread if you could find it. Or I could look for it if you're too busy.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 2:08 pm

I may have gotten you confused with someone else... i remember someone being like "why is jupiter considered an inner..." in some other thread and it made me think of that thread that basically explained it. ^^;; (this is why you should have an avatar so i can identify you by picture lol xD)

Anyway, ktenshi. xD I love that. In the 1993 Dark Kingdom musical, she states that due to the evil in people's hearts (this may vary from translation to translation but w/e) she can be reborn many times again and again. It makes me think that your fic/head cannon could def fit into that, especially if she's reincarnated as a normal human but always converted to evil. Unless of course she's awakened by an external source (like Galaxia for example).
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 2:34 pm

Actually, I totally got the idea from the manga.  There's a panel where it clearly looks like she actually stumbled upon the Dark Kingdom (How and why is never explained) in 'modern' civvie outfit.  It lead me to believe that like everyone in the Moon Kingdom who died that day, that she was simply reincarnated- essentially given a second chance. 

Now, how, why, it turned out this way is very much unknown but she did find the Shitennou in their reincarnated states too. So, I just figured she was corrupted again by some kind of absence or loss.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 2:42 pm

Ya know that panel, I always thought it was a bit from the past. Like when she discovered it in the past before the destruction of the Moon Kingdom, but i bet it could be explained both ways and work. xD
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 2:47 pm

Not really, since she already covered her meeting with Metallia in the first place, I took it as a second meeting which would've made sense since Q. Serenity only sealed Metallia away. Everyone that died seemed to have been reincarnated into the future.  I don't know if Serenity had, at the time, mental capablities to cherry pick who she wanted to go to the future in her grief.

Either way I suppose it's up to the reader in that.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 2:51 pm

Oh yeah, now that you mention that, makes sense. I forgot the manga shows two meetings. ^^
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 4:05 pm

not many  people catch that I think. x3; so no worries.

Beryl Headcanon:

When Beryl was reincarnated, as a young girl she distinctly disliked the color purple. Something about it always made her feel like she could never wear it.  That it either clashed with her hair or it just wasn't fitting.    When she became Queen Beryl, however, she wore purple proudly because it's the color of majesty, of royalty and imperialism.
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime26th September 2013, 6:27 pm

here is a possible one.

Kunzite could be bi. and before he meet Zoisite, he could have had some fells for Venus and then, when he meet Zoisite he fell in love with him. 

it would make a nice fanfic... Headcanons - Page 8 2628594703   i shall write it.
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 1:36 pm

^ I've always shipped Venus/Kunzite, personally Very Happy

I've posted this on Tumblr but figured this might be a better place to get feedback/discussion. Sorry for the length xD

One of the biggest questions in the Sailor Moon universe is probably the existence of Princess Serenity’s father or lack thereof. There have been many theories about it, and I’ve thought about it often. So here’s my take on it, based on the following factors:

- In the manga, we barely see any man in Silver Millennium (correct me if I’m wrong, though!).
- Sailor Venus, the guardian of love herself, said that because of her duty, she is never destined to find love.
- Serenity and Endymion’s love started out as a forbidden thing (Earth and Moon denizens aren’t supposed to fraternize).
- Their child, Chibiusa, ended up having stunted physical growth for 900 years and had no powers for just as long. She didn’t even bear the crescent moon mark, resulting in her being teased about not being the queen’s real child.

Using these factors, I concluded that though the ruler of the Moon Kingdom is associated with Selene, the Greek goddess of the moon, Queen Serenity is actually a lot more like Artemis, the Greek goddess of the hunt, wilderness, and the famous virgin goddess. Artemis has also been closely associated with the moon, and the name, as well as its Roman counterpart Diana, were also used for the moon cats.

According to myth, Artemis have loyal companions that she hunts with, all of them women and all of them vowed to remain virgin as well. I think when a sailor guardian pledges their life to protect the princess/queen, this is a lot like joining Artemis’ hunt. They sacrifice the opportunity to find love (or at least men, if Neptune/Uranus is to go by). They are forced to choose between duty and love. Not both. This could also explain why the other senshi never found love in the past (and arguably in the present but their future is still wide open and things will have changed by then - I’ll get to that as well). Venus had Adonis who adored her from afar, and Kunzite, whom she was quite obviously smitten with, yet time and again she claims that her duty is more important.

It is also possible that there are no men in Silver Millennium, but that may be taking it too far. Maybe there’s just no men within the royal family circle. Now, however, they will still need men to continue the royal line. Which is where the question of Serenity’s father came in. There is a theory of immaculate conception using the Silver Crystal. It produces an heir when the time is deemed right. This seems like the most plausible theory. (My other theory is that the queen chooses someone worthy but then that person either passed away or returned to where they came from after serving their purpose, but this seems especially cold, so I’m not going to go with it)

But yeah, the theory I’m going with here is Sailor Senshi = Artemis’ maidens. However, love (and justice) is a strong theme ever since Sailor Moon’s appearance. Over and over again the soldiers state that they are soldiers of love. For a group of women who have supposedly renounced love, this makes no sense, right? Well, here’s how I explain that. When Serenity fell in love with Endymion, she started something. She broke all the old rules and showed that love is great. It’s wonderful. There’s no reason why it should be forbidden. I think that when this happened, she sort of opened the eyes of everyone else. Yes, it ended in tragedy, but she also started a revolution. Now, love is something everyone can aspire to.

And so I think Neo Queen Serenity is the first moon kingdom royalty who has a husband and produces an heir the traditional way. I think this is also partly why Chibiusa’s childhood was so troublesome, with her being stuck in a small child’s body, unable to tap into her powers, etc. I think it was all these complications that Queen Serenity and all the rulers before her knew would happen if any of them tried to mate with someone (and presumably that someone has to be from outside the moon kingdom because once again there’s the assumption that they’re kind of a rare breed there? I admit this theory is flawed in many ways but it’s just the sense I keep getting from the moon kingdom). So that’s why they never did.

But anyhow, like I said, Serenity and then Usagi broke all the rules, shattered the old principles, and I like to think in Crystal Tokyo the girls feel less like they’re bound by their duty and have to choose between their princess and finding love. Even though until the end of the story we still don’t see them finding love, I like to think that they will, unlike back in Silver Millennium when the idea was simply unthinkable. In Crystal Tokyo, love is now a possibility, and they’re all just waiting for the right person. And Usagi will be the first one to be happy for them when they do.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 11:56 pm

Here are a few of mine, short and sweet:

1. Sailor Cosmos comes from a future so distant that the moon as we know it no longer exists. That's why she's not called any form of "Sailor Moon."

2. In Crystal Tokyo, everyone is pansexual and polyamorous.

3. Also in Crystal Tokyo, Neo-Queen Serenity is admired for knowing an ancient writing system (few people in the 30th century understand hiragana, let alone kanji).
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime5th October 2013, 8:09 am

It's very possible to make Lemures Granny fit into manga / anime canon.

I think that after Nehelenia cursed the White Moon Family, some of her Lemures went on Earth to make the prediction come true. When Obaba found out about Queen Beryl, she immediately offered her services.
Back to top Go down
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime6th October 2013, 10:45 pm

Ooh, good one, Mayonnaise!
Back to top Go down
Empress Vesta
Lotus Crystal

Empress Vesta

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official VesVes/Sailor Vesta and GC's Official Sailor Quartet Lover

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime15th October 2013, 8:41 pm

One of my headcanons is that Hotaru and Sailor Saturn are actually separate beings, in a way. When Hotaru is Hotaru, Saturn still sits in the back of her mind, occasionally commenting about certain events. When Hotaru transforms, Saturn takes full control of her movements while Hotaru is in the back seat this time. Saturn truly cares for Hotaru, and during that brief period of time when Hotaru was a newborn/toddler in the SuperS arc, she watched over her until she finally decided to awaken her. When Saturn/Hotaru received their Super and Eternal forms, they truly became one and the same, although Saturn sometimes surprises the civilian Hotaru with a little comment inside her head. Weird, I know.

And now for some Asteroid headcanons!

VesVes's favorite hobbies are playing video games and surfing the Internet.

When JunJun was a member of the Dead Moon Circus, she always felt rather guilty about her job and knew something was amiss, thus the reason why she got to know her victims and helped them achieved their dreams before she stole them in the anime.

In the manga, it states that the Quartet are descendants of the "legendary warriors of the Amazon". So maybe they have Aztec or Inca blood in them somewhere along with their Asteroidal genes? Or maybe by Amazon they mean the Ancient Greek Amazons?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/senshiofthewild
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime19th October 2013, 9:04 am

Hey guys, I'm back with new Silver Millennium headcanon. Sorry it took me so long. I've been so busy with school stuff and personal stuff and other projects. And then it took me even longer to write this thing up in a way I was happy with. These things can take a while to edit.

The Uranian Kingdom

In astrology, Uranus is the planet of the future. It’s the planet of revolution, of surprise, of originality and change. Much of the symbolism comes not from myth but from history. Uranus is one of the three modern planets, along with Neptune and Pluto. It was discovered by William Herschel in 1781. At first he thought it was a comet, but slow and continuous study proved otherwise.

Before that point, Saturn was thought to be the edge of the universe. That was one reason why it was considered the planet of limitation and restriction, and associated with the Greek letter omega; it was the farthest planet visible, the last stop. The seven great celestial bodies, the Sun, the Moon, and Mercury through Saturn, were known from ancient times. You could see all those planets without a telescope if you knew what you were doing. They were used to name the days of the week.

Think about what Herschel did. Take a moment to let the magnitude of it sink in. This man had discovered a planet after Saturn. He’d done something that no one had done since history was measured in large negative numbers. The universe was now larger than we thought. That’s why Uranus is the planet of revolution, the future, and surprise, because it snuck up on all the astronomers and yelled “SURPRISE!” right in their ears. This planet was discovered around the time of the Industrial Revolution, a most appropriate time.

Uranus continues to be different too. It’s on its side. It has moons named after Shakespeare and Alexander Pope, and it orbits backwards. Princess Haruka’s home was called Miranda Castle, so that means that political power was centered on the moon of Miranda. Miranda is, unlike the other castle names, not the first moon or the largest, but it’s certainly the most interesting.

Miranda in the real world is a chaotic mess, described by NASA as being like Frankenstein’s monster, made of pieces that don’t seem to fit right. It is home to many cliffs and canyons twelve times deeper than the Grand Canyon. It also has something called coronae, lightly cratered ridges and valleys separated by huge divides from more cratered areas. Early on, the coronae were described by other names in the struggle to define the weird topography. One term applied to them was “racetrack-like”. I have to wonder if that little detail inspired Haruka’s interest in racing. It’s also about the size of New York State. The ancient Uranians liked to make their homes on those high cliffs, or in the cliffs, and embraced the features of Miranda, which were just as odd and messy in the lost past as they are now.

In canon, the Outers are described as being more powerful than the Inners. Astrology sort of supports that idea. The three modern planets have very long orbits. Uranus spends seven years in a sign, Neptune spends fourteen, and Pluto spends anywhere between thirteen and thirty-two. This means that each of them not only has an individual influence, but a larger, generational influence too.  You ever have that moment where an idea just flashes in your mind, a great idea, an incredible idea? That’s supposed to be the power of Uranus.

The last rulers of this kingdom were King Ouranos and Queen Gaia. Their kingdom was, as the power of the planet might suggest, a very progressive and liberal one. These features also match the sign of Aquarius. The sign of Aquarius is a great humanitarian, the sign of hopes, aspirations, and friendships. So it is in this society that you will find great interest in humanitarian causes, anything that benefits society as a whole.

The culture here was also very tolerant, accepting, and non-judgmental, all Aquarian traits. The sign of the water bearer is an air sign (air being the element of the mind, intellect, and rational thought), so it’s very mentally oriented. And it’s known eccentricity and wanting to do its own thing. It’s most likable trait is friendliness, able to look past the weaknesses of others. So Uranian culture was like that, odd, individualistic, and mentally oriented.

This means that if their princess wanted to dress like a man and was attracted to women, the people here would’ve just shrugged their shoulders and moved on. I liken their attitude to be similar to the one attributed to the people of New York City. This was a society so cosmopolitan and so used to weird sights that it took a lot more than that to bother them. Consequently, if you walked the streets of any city on any Uranian moon, you would’ve seen a lot of odd clothing and hair styles, or odd hair colors.

Uranus rules over the sciences, anything ending in “ology”, even astrology itself. It also has a connection to codes and symbolism, so the Uranians wrote the definitive text on codes, ciphers, and cryptography. If the Earth grew to be behind the curve, then Uranus was always ahead of it. It’s most appropriate actually, since Leo is actually the polar opposite of Aquarius.

This is where any science fiction elements of Sailor Moon (like Ami’s visor or the super-computer on the Moon) would have flourished. This is the kingdom that invented electric cars (or rather, the battery), space travel, and any number of other things. They were also very environmentally oriented, with a particular distaste for air pollution for religious reasons. There were places on the moons with very high and constant winds, leading to the widespread use and advancement of wind power. By the time of the Silver Millennium, these people lived in large settlements that reached high into the sky. I compare it to Tokyo’s plans for Sky City.

This society was on the whole very dedicated to rationality and science. They were also very intelligent. Actually, some of my sources say that Uranus is like a higher octave of Mercury. One of the key differences between the two is that Uranus had a greater gift for invention. They were as renowned for their capacity for invention as the ancient Chinese are to us today. Most of the patents held during that lost time were held by people of Uranian descent. Aquarius is also known as an avid people watcher, so psychology was a particularly popular science in the kingdom.

The Uranians actually invented the computer. Uranus is also considered the astrological ruler of electricity (as in electrical power, not lightning), so these people also advanced the modern electrical power system (The Jovians invented the first generator, they improved it). Uranus also rules the internet itself, so the Uranian invented its ancient counterpart, with the help of the Mercurians. The two kingdoms were close friends due to their similarities, and collaborated even more on various projects after the formation of the Silver Millennium.

On the subject of inventions, here are some other factoids I created. While the Uranians helped create the computer, it was the people of Mercury who wrote most of the programming languages used at the time, and created the email system.

Actually, because of their focus on technology and science, the people of ancient Uranus didn’t like magic, though they didn’t deny it existed. This caused them to ironically be one of the last to create a Sailor Senshi. They made up for their hesitance by helping to perfect the transformation devices.

Miranda was known as the center of racing in the kingdom, the love of racing having been introduced to them by Mercury. Miranda was also known for The Inventor’s Hall, which served as a place of teaching, but was more famous as the place for exhibiting new ideas and inventions. I base it on the Musaeum, an ancient Greek building that was adjacent to the Library of Alexandria, which served the same purpose. I’d actually like to take a little bit to talk about one of its famous teachers, who embodied the spirit of invention and revolution, Hero/Heron of Alexandria. I’ll put it in spoiler tags to save space.

Heron of Alexandria:

Haruka’s weapon is the Space Sword. It is supposed to be a reference to one of the three imperial treasures of Japan. And from what I have read, each treasure was given to its owner because they reflect some personal quality represented by the object. In Haruka’s case, that would be valor. But the funny thing is that giving her a sword works for both eastern and western symbolism. Allow me to explain, and give praise to Naoko Takeuchi.

Let’s go back to a Tarot deck. It’s made of 78 cards. 22 of those are the Major Arcana, the named cards like the Sun, the Moon, and Death. The other 56 are the Minor Arcana. It has four suits: wands, swords, cups, and pentacles. Our modern playing cards were created from the Minor Arcana. Over time, the suits changed to clubs, spades, hearts, and diamonds respectively. Tarot also has aces and court cards, with our Jack being a combination of Tarot’s Knight and Page. The Joker is based on Major Arcana’s The Fool, card 0. In Tarot symbolism, each suit is tied to one of the classic Greek elements. Guess which one is tied to Swords? The answer is air. That being the case, is there any more appropriate weapon for Sailor Uranus, whose powers come from the sky and wind, than a sword? I think not.

The Space Sword, before becoming the weapon of Sailor Uranus, was actually a royal heirloom. It was forged from a meteorite that fell to Miranda. And despite the technological advances in this kingdom, the people here had a strange love of bladed weapons, making stab wounds much more common. The Uranians made some of the best blades in the system, from cooking knives to scalpels to weapons. Fencing was a popular sport here too. Princess Haruka was the national champion several years in a row. She even took on four opponents at once and won.

Uranus’s negative side includes being rebellious and hard to get along with, being reckless, undisciplined, and unpredictable. The issue of rebelliousness and the difficulty in getting along is reflected in one of the challenges of the Aquarius personality type. Aquarius can be very stubborn and resistant to change at times. If that confuses you and sounds like a contradiction, then don’t worry. It’s Aquarius, so that’s normal.

While Aquarius is ruled by the planet of revolution and innovation, it’s also a fixed sign. Fixed signs are persistent, they have sticking power, and like to keep things the way they are. Aquarius wants to play by its own rules, but once it establishes those rules, it may be hard pressed to change. If it’s going to be restricted, it will be their own restrictions, not restrictions of others. This means that on any given subject, the progressive and open-minded Aquarius type can be very stubborn, particularly with ideas, since it’s an air sign.

Aquarius is also known at times for being hard to work with. And one of the lessons of Aquarius is learning not to change for the sake of change, and thus causing unneeded conflict. In fact, Aquarius is known to sometimes get into arguments not because they have deep feelings on the subject, but for the intellectual exercise. With a description like that, Aquarius may be considered the closest thing to the troll of the zodiac. The personality type is also known for the ability to rationalize even the strangest of behaviors or ideas. The Uranians seemed to have had a gift for this as well, which led to system wide jokes about “Uranian logic”.

Actually, the problem of changing for the sake of change can be seen in the political history of the Uranian Kingdom. Long before the Silver Millennium, there was a movement to abolish the monarchy. They claimed it was for progress, that the monarchy was simply outdated, and it wasn’t really in response to any abuses. Regardless, the rebels launched a nasty smear campaign, and the monarchy was overthrown. Much of the royal family was killed. But some children survived, some adopted by families that didn’t know of their heritage, and some of those children were too young to remember themselves.

The replacement government was an inter-moon council. No matter how altruistic these people were at the start, the council eventually became corrupt. And the descendants of the royals fought back. One young nobleman fought back in a remote outpost against a corrupt military commander once he saw poorly the people were treated. He became a masked bandit, and used his sharp mind and considerable fencing skill to take down the corrupt establishment and fight for justice. If you didn’t catch the reference, here’s another clue: Spanish California. As a matter of fact, Princes Haruka was dressed as her bandit ancestor for a masquerade ball once, and it was at that very ball where she met a certain Neptunian princess…

Another of their ancestors was a young woman who became the captain of a pirate ship, and proceeded to rob and sink countless government vessels. She was never caught. But she was a fierce fighter, especially with a sword. Eventually the monarchy was restored, and the stories of their ancestors persisted with great popularity.

Another issue of Aquarius is that they don’t deal with emotion very well.  It’s known for a sort of aloof distance. There is a saying that while Aquarius likes humanity, it doesn’t necessarily like people. It prefers friendship to the kind of emotional attachment and vulnerability that comes in interpersonal relationships. So like Mercurian society, this was a society that preferred logic to emotion, and didn’t do well with public displays of emotion. They weren’t Vulcans though. They just had difficulties. These problems with emotional expression, as well as the culturally enforced focus on individuality, made love a bit more difficult for these people, as you would get issues of being “tied down”, similar to the Jovians.

One other social issue on this planet was the concern over technological dependence. This was a very technically focused society, and with how advanced everything was, many people often wondered if they were TOO dependent on their machines. Who was really in charge of whom? To illustrate, here’s a quote from Frankenstein. The monster says this to Victor at one point in the book. “You are my creator, but I am your master.”

Aquarius rules over the shins, calves, and ankles. Contact with Mercury helped develop a love of speed and racing on Uranus, so injuries in those areas became more common. Uranians also tended to have thinner ankles too, so that just increased the chance of injury. And for some reason no one could quite get, Uranian physiology seemed to dislike depositing calcium in the bones of lower leg, making them easier to break. Strange things like that can actually happen.

Aquarius rules over the circulatory system too, so some common problems among the ancient Uranian population were varicose veins, anemia, low blood pressure, hardening of the arteries, and cramps in the lower leg. The Uranians were also more vulnerable to frostbite, so they didn’t particularly do well in cold weather. 

Uranus rules the circulatory system too, but also the pineal gland in the back of the brain. This gland produces melatonin, a hormone used to regulate the sleep/wake cycle of the body. Animals use it to help the hibernation process. This means the Uranians were more vulnerable to insomnia, the effects of jet-lag, or anything messing with the body’s natural sleep/wake rhythm. On Earth this gland was actually called “the seat of the soul”, the remainder of the Third Eye. That works for Aquarius since the sign is prone to unusual knowledge.

As far as features, Uranians also tended to have wide foreheads, fine bone structure in the face, wandering, dreamy eyes, and were taller on average, with long and slender limbs. Strangely they also tended to get gray hair early in life, but this was never followed by any other signs of actual premature aging.

Their religion focused on a single sky-god, Aquarius. He was often depicted with large jugs of water, symbolizing in part how he sent down the rains to the mountains near the capital annually, which would cause the Hapi River to swell and provide irrigation as it snaked its way across the surface of Miranda and through the cities. The water also symbolized truth and inspiration. For the Uranians, their metaphors for inspiration were “a flash flood” or “a tornado”, or “being hit with a meteorite”.

Being worshippers of a sky god, birds were sacred here, particularly raptors. Princess Haruka had a pet falcon, and falcons were considered the messengers of Aquarius. Eagles on the other hand were the ones that transported the souls of the dead to the afterlife. This religion also practiced sky burial. It’s a real form of burial where bodies are left to be devoured by vultures or condors. It’s actually not as bad as it sounds. Vultures are very clean animals, their stomachs able to kill 99% of the bacteria they encounter while eating, so they can potentially live a disease free life. They pick their food clean and leave no residual bacteria, unlike, say, rats or wild dogs who could wander back to human populations. The temples high up in the mountains even bred vultures and condors for that purpose. The queen’s crown had the head of a vulture on it, while the king’s had a falcon. The bands of those crowns were in the shape of wings.

The devil figure of their religion was Belphegor. Aquarius offered the gift of invention and innovation, while teaching the value of friendship and helping others, of hope and aspiration, as well as individuality. Belphegor took the same gift and twisted it. He offered incredible inventions with the intent of inciting selfishness, greed, cruelty, and laziness. Another central part of their mythology was the Great Flood, when a despairing Aquarius flooded the kingdom in hopes to start over. The survivors were the first true monarchs, King Deucalion and Queen Pyrrha. Aquarius was also sometimes depicted in a more androgynous manner. They had two holidays, one on the equivalent of January 20th, which marks the day of the Great Flood, the other on February 18th, which is the day that the annual flooding of the Hapi River occurs.

As far as the military went, they were master swordsmen, which should come as no surprise.

Last edited by Phantom53 on 19th October 2013, 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Messed up the text)
Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

EurAsianGirl

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime1st November 2013, 2:38 am

• Some more Headcanons:

Minako's maternal grandfather is British, her mother was the product of an adulterous affair between her already married grandfather and Japanese grandmother. They met while he was in Japan on business, as a result Minako's mom was raised by a poor, single mother and that's why she's so hard on her daughter to be ladylike and "perfect" she wants Minako to have what she never had. Minako being a quarter British is why she has blonde hair and blue eyes, this was also why she was allowed to live in England during the Dark Kingdom arc. She convinced her parents to let her stay with her grandfather and he took her in during the year she was there.

Sailor Venus and Zoicite had a fierce rivalry during the Silver Millennium for Kunzite's affections, Venus was secretly jealous of Zoicites femininity, fearing that he was more womanly than she was!

Why did Mamoru seem to get hit hardest with memory loss and disconnectedness in his reborn form? While all the Senshi experienced this to some degree Mamoru felt the most lost among them, my theory is that when a Senshi is reborn on their home planet with no memory of their "guardianship" over said planet their Sailor Crystal resonates with the planet, almost as if they're both seeking each other out. The planet reacts to it and sends out shockwaves to that newly reborn Senshi, shockwaves that make them feel an intense loneliness and hole within their heart, due to their separation with their planet. It is almost like they are being cut off from their "life energy" so to speak. This loss of connection to their planet affects every aspect of their daily lives, from accidents resulting in memory loss to extreme loneliness and absence of emotions. This is why I think Mamoru was the one most desperate to recover his past out of the all Senshi during the first arc, its also why I think he sometimes seems so emotionally cut off and distant. I don't think Endymion was like that, in his past life Endymion was much like Usagi. Expressive, joyful and openly affectionate. Mamoru's demeanor is a side-affect on being reborn without any memory of his "Senshi" status on his own planet. The other Senshi don't have this because they were not reborn on their home planets so their Sailor Crystals couldn't get the "signal" and they were far enough away not to be affected so to say.

Those that are Senshi born with Sailor Crystals are literal physical embodiments of their planets, its literally just the planets, moons and asteroids in humanoid form. They are born from the Galaxy Cauldron and don't have parents in the traditional sense (This is why we never hear anything about the Sailor Soldier's parents, why Princess Serenity has no father, Why Mamoru "lost his memory" of his parents, etc.)

Well, since our fandom has a time guardian courtesy of our very own lovely Sailor Pluto, I'm sure you've just all been waiting for a time travel headcanon to pop up, and here it is! The Time Gate Sailor Pluto guards isn't just a gateway between the past, present and future but also leads to parallel and alternate dimensions and universes. That means there are whole separate realities where the exact same events and story (ex. Mamoru and Usagi's "miracle romance") are taking place but under different circumstances with different outcomes. For example, in one reality perhaps Serenity and her Senshi are reborn as different people that AREN'T named Usagi, Rei, Ami, Makoto, etc. Perhaps their personalities have become drastically different, maybe they look different too? This is ultimately how we are able to have such things as "Parallel Sailor Moon" not to mention the different universes of PGSM, Manga Sailor Moon, Sera Myu and the Anime. They're all part of one big multiverse of time and space that Sailor Pluto guards, oh and she knows about all the possible universes, she just can't share the info what with her being a Time Keeper and all, but due to all her vast knowledge and info of the different dimensions she can still always be one step ahead of the others in determining an outcome in a big battle. Wink
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime6th December 2013, 7:05 am

New little piece of headcanon. So I like the Rainbow Crystal idea from the anime. It created some good potential moments between characters and slowed down the story a little. But the weird thing is where it fits in the timeline. Supposedly Queen Serenity died after she sent everyone to the future. But the Silver Crystal shattered after she imprisoned the Seven Shadows. And when she did that, she looked okay. Here's my thought.

After Queen Serenity sent everyone to the future, she wasn't quite dead yet. At that moment, the Seven Shadows found her, and ganged up on her, intending to rip her apart. Queen Serenity, being awesome, wouldn't give the monsters the satisfaction of desecrating her corpse, so that's when, with the last bit of willpower she had, she imprisoned the Seven Shadows. That last bit of effort caused the queen to finally die, and her death, along with that last effort, caused the Silver Crystal to shatter.
Back to top Go down
Blake
Pyramidal Crystal

Blake

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime6th December 2013, 4:07 pm

Phantom53 wrote:
New little piece of headcanon. So I like the Rainbow Crystal idea from the anime. It created some good potential moments between characters and slowed down the story a little. But the weird thing is where it fits in the timeline. Supposedly Queen Serenity died after she sent everyone to the future. But the Silver Crystal shattered after she imprisoned the Seven Shadows. And when she did that, she looked okay. Here's my thought.

After Queen Serenity sent everyone to the future, she wasn't quite dead yet. At that moment, the Seven Shadows found her, and ganged up on her, intending to rip her apart. Queen Serenity, being awesome, wouldn't give the monsters the satisfaction of desecrating her corpse, so that's when, with the last bit of willpower she had, she imprisoned the Seven Shadows. That last bit of effort caused the queen to finally die, and her death, along with that last effort, caused the Silver Crystal to shatter.
It seems like a nice idea, and I have no intention to be mean, but it doesn't fit into the anime canon because in a way, during episode 44 we saw Queen Serenity die. Of course the only thing we actually got to see was her passing out, but she had already used up all of the Silver Crystal's power. That and Sailor Moon also passed out at the end of episode 46 when she died after vanquishing Super Beryl/Beryl-Metalia/whatever you wanna call it.
Back to top Go down
http://underworldrevolution.tumblr.com
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th December 2013, 5:31 am

Blake wrote:
Phantom53 wrote:

It seems like a nice idea, and I have no intention to be mean, but it doesn't fit into the anime canon because in a way, during episode 44 we saw Queen Serenity die. Of course the only thing we actually got to see was her passing out, but she had already used up all of the Silver Crystal's power. That and Sailor Moon also passed out at the end of episode 46 when she died after vanquishing Super Beryl/Beryl-Metalia/whatever you wanna call it.
Thank you for the compliment. And I don't mind the critique. That is very true. But as I said, I was trying to account for where the Rainbow Crystal events fit in the timeline. Perhaps in the episode 44 adaptation they were just working with the manga and forgot to account for their own original elements. The fact is that after the Seven Shadows were sealed, the Silver Crystal broke.

Queen Serenity was standing and seemed uninjured in the scene where she trapped them, though some of that may have been for stylistic effect. But she could not have trapped them before reincarnating everyone, as doing so would have meant not having the Silver Crystal for said reincarnation. So it must have been after, and she must have still had some life left in her. I'm not saying she was healthy, rather that she was totally dead. Her efforts at reincarnating the Senshi left her with basically one foot in her grave, and sealing the Seven Shadows was a final act that pushed her over the edge.
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th January 2014, 12:04 pm

i have a headcanon i just cannot seem to get rid of, it is firmly latched in my head...XD

Chibiusa's pink hair is inherited from Usagi's genes, and that her red eyes come from Mamoru's genes. meaning if they ever ended up with someone else, their child would probably have that gene. so say Usagi ended up with Seiya, her daughter could still very well have pink hair. and if Mamoru ended up with someone else(dunno who), his daughter could end up having red eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime17th January 2014, 10:58 am

Okay, so right now I have a new piece of headcanon that's linked to my OTHER pieces of headcanon. This one involves Metalia and a twist on her origin.

For those that read my headcanon on the Golden Kingdom, you may recall that I created in their religion a devil figure called Apep, a snake monster that was defeated by Leo, the solar lion. Those familiar with mythology will know I took the name from the Egyptian snake that tried to eat the Sun every night.

Let's say that Leo gave Apep a massive beating and sliced it up before tossing it into the Sun to roast. Apep remained there broken into pieces, looking like dark spots on the Sun, among all the normal dark spots. Over time, one of those pieces somehow gained sentience, and transformed into Metalia.

Since the mythical Apep tried to eat the Sun, he represents darkness and by extension, death, since the Sun is a life-giving force. Metalia and everything she does revolves around eradicating life and spreading hate and darkness. And that's why, because she was part of a serpent of darkness. Of course she and Apep are still extensions of Chaos, but this is how I view her creation.

Because of this idea, I also imagine her with a voice sort of like a snake, or her presence feeling like a snake, and the Dark Kingdom preaching about the power of darkness and shadow and having snakes as an emblem.

Also, I imagine Apep (were he to pull himself together of course) would be covered in burns and very ugly claw marks, and have an irrational fear of lions and any other large cats, and be even more terrified of the Golden Crystal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headcanons

View previous topic View next topic Back to top