The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Headcanons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

Headcanons - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th July 2013, 12:04 pm

Phantom53 wrote:
Ktenshi: the lifespan idea? It's brilliant, and perfect. It would fit in just fine with everything else. I mean, in my headcanon, I figured that when the planetary kingdoms united, they established a universal time and date system to use between them, since they all have different definitions. After all, while the concept of seconds, minutes, and hours can remain the same from planet to planet, larger units like days, weeks, months, and years all vary depending on rotation and orbit. I always figured that since the Moon was in charge, they might have used the Earth definition, if only because the lunar orbit around Earth is a bit fast.

And now I'm just thinking of the character Arisia Raab from Green Lantern. Originally she was 16, but then they retconned her age. Yeah, if you ask her how old she is, she'll still say 16, and she looks 16, and acts 16, and is treated like 16... but that's by her planet's definition of years. In Earth years, she's around 200, simply because her planet has a very long orbit around two suns.

Well, it's because a friend and myself were thinking about this once for an Rpg when we were expanding upon a lot of things.  We both agreed that like with earth, everyone else had their own specific life cycle tied to where they were born.  

We also thought that the Moon was an Oddity and it was basically through the Silver Crystal that lifespans were regulated.   This is evidence by primarily what King Endymion said in the manga and Chibiusa herself.  Since the earth entered through an era of peace because of the life spans granted to the people of earth through the Silver Crystal- there's the thought that it's always been able to do so. 

Also, we kinda had a darker approach to it, but I generally like using things to work it out. 

It's also a thought that because Chibiusa now, at 900+, started growing that her life expectancy has actually either been extended or doubled that of a normal Lunarian.

For instance, for me I think each planet, before the Moon Kingdom came to being, had a different system of governing their respective planets. Many are based on a variety of different ones. 

Such as for Uranus's kingdom, it's a pure feudal system. 

I also have a headcanon that the Outer system and most of the original land on the other four were ravaged by an unstoppable force.  Most likely Saturn's mother was the cause of it but her powers weren't as nearly as destructive as her mothers and it was a curse that those lands would remain too harsh for life. 

Other headcanons include-
That Princess Serenity didn't know anything about the Outer Senshi, even though they knew about her. She especially didn't know about Sailor Saturn. 

* Saturn's actual entombment where she was sealed away is at the north pole of Saturn where there's a hexagon storm raging.  The Storm was formed when Saturn was awakened by the other Three Guardian senshi and has never stopped since. 

That Nehellenia and Queen Serenity are actually cousins from a shared planet but for some reason or another,  Serenity left and slighted/angered/  Nehellenia Followed and made her home inside of the moon plotting on how to repay Serenity back for essentially abandoning her. 

-----

Gotta ask, Phantom, what do you think?  If Queen Serenity has these virtues of your headcanon, then would she actually allow a child to be sealed away?  Or what would be the reasoning for it?
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th July 2013, 1:38 pm

If Serenity had the same values as I am thinking and sealed up Sailor Saturn, I would imagine that act would have only been done under extreme pressure, and as a last resort. Maybe her powers were growing too dangerous or something. Or maybe she was just pressured by other political leaders into doing it, under threat of rebellion and maybe destroying the work put into organizing the system wide peace treaty.

But it would definitely be a decision that would either tear Serenity up inside right after doing it, or a mistake she would come to greatly regret later. And if I were her, I'd try to undo it if there was any possible way. But the point is that she would HAVE to regret it at some point, and big time.

And personally, I don't think I would have Saturn locked up like that in my headcanon. I haven't done too much with the Saturn kingdom yet, I'm working on these one by one for the most part. I know that Saturn would definitely be feared, but I don't know if I would have her imprisoned like that in the past. I mean, it just doesn't seem right. What about her parents? Her people? You can't just lock up the royal heir to another kingdom with which you have a peace treaty, unless her parents were okay with it, which would speak volumes about them. I guess I'll just work on that more when I get to it.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th July 2013, 1:57 pm

Well, the strange thing is, other than Venus in Sailor V manga, we don't really know for certain about life on the other planets too well.  We know that with the Magellan Castle, it hovered over a colony on Venus itself, keeping said colony safe. 

We also know that Queen Serenity gave the Outers Floating castles. (though we only see Neptune, Uranus and Pluto getting those. We can only assume she gave on to Saturn.).

So the question remains- Was there even any life to begin with or people for them?  Pluto was at the Time Gate (Why did Serenity tell her what her job was if her Father, the only other mentioned parent, was still 'alive' in some manner?), where were her people there or anyone?

We also only see those three alone in a pretty deserted place- Same with Saturn. 

Of course, my headcanon is a bit different and probably it was political pressure that lead up to Saturn being sealed away in fear of her powers.  Considering the Silver Crystal is only more powerful if it's given power by -others- to channel.

Which would makes sense for Q. Serenity , regardless of her feelings on the subject, fold to the pressures of other kingdoms.

.. I think. Sorry for rambling. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th July 2013, 3:43 pm

No, I don't think you're rambling. It's actually something I've thought of. Forgive me if this turns into a rant. We know that some of the material suggests that the princesses were alone and that there was no life on the other planets other than the Moon. Some material suggests the princesses were just born out of magic. Queen Serenity "gave" them their castles in space. Isn't that odd? You never hear about their parents, and besides that one reference in the Sailor V manga, nothing overtly says there were other people.

So the picture that gets painted is, again, that the princesses were not born from regular parents but from magic, born to be magical guardians. The Moon and Earth were the only colonized places. Queen Serenity gave her guards the titles of princess and gave them their floating castles. She set Pluto up at her post and told the Outers to protect the whole Solar System from outside invaders.

My problem with that idea is that to me it seems so... empty, so hollow. Sure, Usagi is the Moon princess, but when it comes to the others, the title of princess would be absolutely meaningless. They aren't princess of anything, or more importantly, anyone. Ling of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood once wisely said that a king without his people is nothing. To put that in a funnier way, a king without a kingdom is unemployed. Serenity would be the only real princess.

These castles weren't just defensive fortresses placed at strategic points, but were supposed to be the homes of the Inner and Outer Senshi. I just think back to the phrase, "a man's home is his castle". And if they were born of other royalty, why would they need to be given castles above their planets for home? Wouldn't they already have homes on the planet? Imagine Mina. If she ruled the same Venus we have today, her "kingdom" essentially would amount to her house and a ball of dirt filled with volcanoes, lava, and topped off with a layer of battery acid and carbon dioxide, all burning at temperatures in the 400s.

And really, when you are dealing with advanced magic and technology and somehow made the Moon habitable, you can't really get out of the possibility that you could make the other planets habitable too.

I played a game once, a flash game, and bad one. In it, you went around a dream world with two kingdoms, a good one and a bad one. You went from a city to walking a world map. The good kingdom was comprised of the capital city, a town, a set of farms down the road from the town that were, by name, part of the town's property, a few merchant caravans, and a single house in the open country occupied by one person. That's it, for real.

The enemy kingdom contained the capital city, a castle up northeast of the capital which served as the home of the rulers, a couple more merchant caravans, and another country house that was serving as a jail house for a single person. There were two other locations on the map, a fortress and a village, but the did not count, since the fortress was occupied by unfriendly monsters, and the village was populated by refugees who did not want to serve the evil rulers. And these places were all on what appeared to be a very large map. The world map showed both of these kingdoms, neighbors of each other, were on a single continent. Everything else besides these locations was empty, uninhabited land.

That was one of MANY things that broke my willing suspension, how empty it all was. There was never even a reference to other places, other towns, other settlements of people. A real kingdom doesn't have just a single city, or even a city and a town, and that much empty area. The kingdoms were overinflated. Or rather, the game designers didn't flesh them out beyond a skeleton, among MANY other issues, in design, coding, and language.

And if the Moon was the only inhabited place, that's sort of what it would look like on a space map. Earth doesn't count because it's a separate political entity. You would see a single large population zone and lots of pieces of land area that's empty, and castles just set up at fixed points. At the very least you could make the castles not so much, "castles", like the homes of the princesses, but make them larger, like large space stations, full colonies. That would work a little better. Otherwise it's like the Moon kingdom is taking up area for their borders they aren't even using, and it would be so much more sensible to just pull their defenses closer instead of spreading them out over the whole Solar System. And I don't mean to criticize the creator. I know that she didn't always have the chance to plan the background details out ahead of time, and when that happens, you can get bumps in continuity. It's just the way I look at it.

That's what I meant when I said that creating kingdoms gives the Silver Millennium the grandiosity it deserves and evokes. When you hear about that past, you think of this Golden Age, this incredible time of lost people and places and power and amazement. I think that a place like that deserves either space colonies in the castles or inhabited planets.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th July 2013, 4:14 pm

I agree. Really, the only thing i could think of that made sense and that warranted Queen Serenity any authority whatsoever, is if the parents had died and their worlds had been made uninhabitial after some kind of war.

-Though I still question the whole She gave Pluto her station- bit, since Pluto is literally the only other person, aside from Serenity to have a parent named. Which was the God of Time, Chronos. He's the only other person named as a parent.

So, where do you think he is? Or why would he let Queen Serenity handle such a deal?

Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th July 2013, 4:53 pm

That extends into the question of why the parents of the others would agree to have their daughters and royal heirs be the bodyguards for the Moon princess and serve as soldiers. Then again, it could be partly because the Sailor Crystals chose them for users. And if I had to take a guess, I'd say her father is dead. Saturn's power was supposed to finish off the entire disaster, and perhaps Setsuna was protected from it by being at the Time Gate.

And my thoughts on the Time Gate right now are a little weird. The presumption is that the Time Gate is the only way to time travel. But the Black Moon traveled through time without it. So my thoughts are that it is just A time machine, not THE time machine.

Pluto's magic has an affinity for time, so perhaps the Plutonians built the Gate themselves in their experiments with the Pluto Crystal's power. Of course, time travel stories tend to give me a headache and make things complicated. So when the Plutonians started messing with their invention, they may have changed some things that no one remembers anymore (because of the altered history) and realized that this sort of thing was WAY too dangerous. Unfortunately, the magic they used to make it also reinforced the structure to make it indestructible. So they were stuck with it. So they may have been the ones to assign a guard, not Serenity. Of course they would have had to tell Serenity, so she then declared that duty to Sailor Pluto officially. You know what I mean?

On related notes, here's other pieces of my headcanon.

One: Why Sailor Senshi can only be women. SAILOR Senshi are only women because possibly the magic of the planetary crystals is more compatible and comfortable when channeled through a female body. I got the idea from Mobile Fighter G Gundam where they said the Dark Gundam's ideal host was someone who had the capacity to give life, a woman.

Two: How the Sailor Senshi keep their identities secret without masks. This is rather easy for me. Their powers are based in magic. A device is used to channel magic energy to produce a uniform and  various weapons and powers. Now the uniforms are partly for aesthetics, but practically they don't seem right for soldiers. But then you remember the magic. Magic to me, in one of the simplest definitions, is a force that bends the natural laws, those of science. You could use magical enchantments to reinforce the cloth so it's as strong as bullet proof, fireproof armor. And you could also reasonably enchant the suits so that the Senshi's faces are blurred beyond recognition. It's like how the original Flash kept his identity secret without a mask by vibrating his face molecules to a blur.

Three: Did Sailor Moon really not exist in the past? No, not actively. I'm of the mind to say that perhaps the Moon Kingdom designed the Sailor Moon device (after all, how did Queen Serenity send it along if it hadn't been built?). They planned to create their own guard powered by their own crystal. My guess is that it was before the kingdoms unified, and the thing never really got used. That way you could explain Luna's confusion in the beginning before Usagi's reveal as the Princess. Luna's memories were muddled by the zap to the future, and she knew that there WAS a Sailor Moon, but may not have realized it was only in the planning stage.

Four: Why is Jupiter an Inner Senshi? We define inner planets and outer planets by those inside and outside the Asteroid Belt. And that kind of definition could still apply in the past. So why? I say pure math. If Sailor Moon wasn't around, how many Senshi are there? Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. That's eight. Three are inside, five are out. They could have negotiated Jupiter for bodyguard duty to add her muscle power, and to evenly split their soldiers evenly.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th July 2013, 5:02 pm

I have to question the headcanon about women.  Yes, I do believe that, but I also have to point out the obvious- How would you explain Mamoru who possesses a Sailor Crystal which is an equivalent of the Silver/Pink Crystals too?

Two: Most people agree it's Magic. However if it's from the actual transformation or the gemstone in the tiara is the question. 

Four: Or, it could also be Naoko just wanting things even or something. xD; But that's actually a good thought. 

--

With Plutos, I wonder about that. They call Chronos the god of Time. Would that mean that he's acutally the inventor of the Time Gate, or simply the person that figured it out and eventually is able to go through time without any trouble at all?  

Makes me wonder if Pluto's people all escaped through the time gate to another point in time and Left her, as the princess, to guard their way back? 

(Or something like that. I must be getting sleepy again.)
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th July 2013, 5:34 pm

I said the magic is most comfortable with women, not that only women can use it. The magic might just be unable to be used to the full extent. The general idea from canon is that only women can be SAILOR Senshi. But the powers must be able to used by men somewhat. After all, the Golden Crystal is the kind of thing that would normally be the engine for a Sailor Senshi's powers, and yet Mamoru is using it. I mean if it really didn't like him, you would think the crystal would have rejected him. And that would be painful.

Or maybe the Golden Crystal is unique in that perhaps it is most comfortable being channeled by men. But Mamoru still isn't going to be a Sailor Senshi. I think I'll sort that one out later, when I get to the Golden Kingdom.

I tend not to think of the characters of Sailor Moon as literal gods. The idea that the civilizations were created by the Greek gods is interesting, but it just raises the question of why the magical crystal of the Moon ended up the most powerful instead of, you know, Jupiter.

Although now you've made me realize that in my old notes from years ago, I named Princess Saturn's father Cronos and Princess Pluto's father Hades, after the Greek names for their planets... I must not have read the Chronos thing... I'm going to have to work at that more.

I hope I'm not keeping you up with all this.
Back to top Go down
Miss Tricks
Lotus Crystal

Miss Tricks

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Clouds

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th July 2013, 5:57 pm

This discussion reminds me of my own headcanon about Pluto.

Being Sailor Pluto has absolutely nothing to do with her position at the Gate.  She inherited her position/duty at the Gate completely independently of her Senshi powers - and while her position effects her powers somewhat (having made such an impact on her that it blahblahblah), the core of the Pluto Crystal is still that it is bound to the land of the dead.  

(Not death, not dying, the dead.  As in, already dead.  So she's the Princess of all zombies and ghost, first and foremost.)

She earned/inherited her position at the Gate at some subsequent point (depending on my mood, I can see this as a literal inheritance from 'father Chronos' who is her real daddy, or instead with Chronos as a metaphorical father/deity figure in her life), which effects her considerably and later effects how her Sailor Senshi powers 'evolve.'

IE, Neptune's original/core attacks are only from her connection with the ocean - but she uses her connection to the Mirror and her love of the violin to shape new attacks.  (And this goes for how the Inner Senshi 'unlock' their later power-ups, too.)  So, Pluto's initial attack ('Dead Scream') has to do with the core of her power, but Chronos Typhoon is shaped by the Talisman she holds and her role as the guardian of Space-Time.

-So, Sailor Pluto is in the unique position of holding two entirely separate roles/jobs at the same time.  (Disregarding Sailor Moon for the moment, who probably counts somehow with her functional position as Princess/Queen and as a Senshi.)

---

...so, yeah, that means that I don't see the titles of 'Princesses' as functional positions for the rest of the Senshi (bar Chibi-Moon)... yet.

I can see Queen Serenity as having given them the titles of 'Princess' to reflect the vast amount of territory they held/their position in the higher echelons of the Moon Kingdom.  There didn't really need to be much of a population on the Sailor Senshi's own planets, or any population at all, for Queen Serenity to have wanted them to be honored as princesses.

(With that said, the implied/stated colonization of Venus likely came from the Moon, and would have been led in some form or fashion by Sailor Venus, who might have functioned as a feudal lord as well.)

...(I have convoluted head canons.)

---

I will say that I vary my headcanons from time to time for AU reasons, but these are the things I can easily see in canon.
Back to top Go down
http://miss-tricks.tumblr.com/
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th July 2013, 6:05 pm

nah, we're in the same timezone actually.

I think witht he Sailor senshi thing it's debatable.  Because if you go by the text/manga/anime/show itself, it doesn't say that sailor senshi -can't- be men either.  It seems, though if you go that route, that women are typical of Sailor Senshi as a whole, but there's nothing that specifically prohibits them from becoming so. (Especially if you suggest that the cape is indeed a good sub for a Sailor collar as it functions just like one.)

But that's only if you discount any interviews with Naoko. 

well, I think you could also say they're Aliens, just like Queen Serenity, who came to their destined planets at different points of time before the Moon Kingdom's formation.  - Which could make sense, considering that Queen Serenity did tsay that the people of earth mistaken her (and generally others) for gods.

But she contradicts herself too latter on by saying that the Sailor senshi (inner ) were P. Serenity's Sailor Goddesses Guardians (Or something like that).

But you have a point. By all rights, Jupiter should be the most powerful after the Sun. It's Jupiter that actually keeps Earth safe and in mythology, jupiter(Zeus) is the head of all the gods.  It makes me wonder if there was a power shift somewhere?  Maybe a Political thing and the Silver Crystal, at the time, was nothing more than a trinket?

You might mean Cronus/kronus.    Chronos is different god who's name means Time.  Cronus is the right god for Saturn's father.

see? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronos

===

Good point with Pluto Tricks.
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th July 2013, 7:03 pm

I remember about the spelling. I probably spelled it right in my old notes. I wasn't checking.

Years ago I actually had an idea about the Greek gods and how the difference related to the prophesy of... Prometheus I think... of a child that would overthrow Zeus, but I think it was rather complicated.

Nowadays, I prefer to explain it with the fact that the Moon is, from what I have read and from what I can think of, perhaps the most prominent celestial object in the whole practice of magic. And in astrology, the Sun and Moon are the biggest influences in your chart and who you are, followed after by the other planets.

That's an interesting analysis Tricks.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th July 2013, 5:14 am

Complicated, complex, it's all pretty interesting take on things.

Headcanon number (five thousand and fifty eight):

Going with the School of thought that Usagi at some point or another becomes 'Sailor Cosmos',  I imagine that her partner would be Mamoru's evolved form-  Space Knight.  Taken from the idea that because of his love for and his willingness to protect anyone he can, that it eventually helped evolved his own Sailor Crystal to this form. And that while in the Future, he was the straw that broke Cosmos into running back into the past in order to stop all of this from happening again, because he died.

(Taking from one of the musicals).
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th July 2013, 9:45 am

Does he "DO JUSTICE"? xD
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th July 2013, 9:51 am

You bet he Do Justice, and she- Justice- is always happy when he does!
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th July 2013, 10:07 am

I like that headcanon Kuro Smile.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th July 2013, 10:09 am

he's so fabulous. XD

Edit: omg now i need Space Knight headcanons.

Like when NQS needs a break from him (trust me, no matter how much you love your man, you DO want your alone time) and the way he raises ChibiUsa (which according to Myu canon, Usagi is the stricter parent. Just like her Ikuko. xD), she lets him to be the super hero icon of the world.  Space Knight has gotten popular much like japanese sentai shows like Kamen Rider, Power Rangers, etc., and there has already been a cartoon show made about him, a line of action figures and playsets, and kids costumes.  Space Knight goes around Earth, stomping any crime that occurs (which considering who is in rule, there really isn't much), showing off, and just reveling in the fact that kids love him. Mamoru at his greatest.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th July 2013, 10:44 am

Small Lady wrote:
he's so fabulous. XD

Edit: omg now i need Space Knight headcanons.

Like when NQS needs a break from him (trust me, no matter how much you love your man, you DO want your alone time) and the way he raises ChibiUsa (which according to Myu canon, Usagi is the stricter parent. Just like her Ikuko. xD), she lets him to be the super hero icon of the world.  Space Knight has gotten popular much like japanese sentai shows like Kamen Rider, Power Rangers, etc., and there has already been a cartoon show made about him, a line of action figures and playsets, and kids costumes.  Space Knight goes around Earth, stomping any crime that occurs (which considering who is in rule, there really isn't much), showing off, and just reveling in the fact that kids love him. Mamoru at his greatest.

I could see this happening, especially if we think Fumina as Neo Queen Serenity and Yuuta as King Endymion .*chuckles* I think that their portrayals would fit this headcanon Smile .
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th July 2013, 3:18 pm

Okay everybody, I’m back with more headcanon on the planetary kingdoms. This time: The Mercurian Kingdom.

Side Note: Here’s something I thought of after I made the last post, if the Moon was a matriarchal society, then when it comes to marriage, it would probably have been traditional for the woman to do the proposing, unlike on Earth.

The Mercurian Kingdom

The Mercurian Kingdom is defined by lots of things, one of them speed, like their fast orbit around the Sun.

At the time of the Great Disaster, the King of Mercury was named Hermes. His wife was named Athena. If that confuses you, here’s my reasoning. Hermes has no wife or love interest in mythology, and Athena is the goddess of wisdom and war. And not just war, but the strategic side of war, unlike Ares who was aggression. It just seemed appropriate to make her the mother of the team strategist. And on another interesting note, Athena has symbolically linked to the sign of Virgo, which is ruled by Mercury, as well as being Ami’s Sun sign too.

Mercury’s influence in astrology is about intelligence and communication. Even back in Egypt, its two appearances in the sky, one as a morning star and one as an evening star, were called “the stars of thought”.

As such, Mercury is a planet that greatly values intellect and rational thought. And the people of Mercury were on the whole a very intelligent people. Communication was vital for them, they loved to converse with each other. And their communication systems were the most sophisticated in the Solar System. In addition, their transportations systems were the most efficient and swift in the system. Travel also falls under Mercury’s domain, and with the fast transit systems on Mercury, many of its citizens enjoyed traveling to various places for a day or a weekend. Their transit technology was used to improve the transport systems of all the other kingdoms. And because they valued communication, you tended not to see violence. They managed to talk out problems, and made good diplomats in that regard.

But for all their focus on intellect, Mercury is not without art. In Greek myth, Apollo is technically the god of music, and Hermes just invented the lyre. But the Sun is not granted something so specific in astrology, so music is Mercury’s territory. As such, the planet is known for a very lively music scene. The kingdom was also known for the most excellent hospitals and medical care around. In the Silver Millennium, the physicians of all the kings and queens were graduates of Mercurian medical academies. The biggest hospital on the planet was founded many years ago by a member of the royal house.

You’ll also find many excellent debaters here on Mercury, and if you ever wanted to listen to two members of the planet in a formal debate, you should probably plan for a long stay, because they really can go on for a surprising amount of time, with a surprising amount of energy. A popular location for great debates is the main area of the royal library in the capital. Of course, there are many libraries and study halls here, and all of those are popular meeting spots too. And unlike Earth libraries, the ones here may not always be so quiet.

Mercurians also tend to share some physical characteristics. Typically they aren’t of robust or muscular builds. More often they are thinner and lighter. But that isn’t to say they aren’t physical. It is true that Mercury’s value of intellect draws them more towards puzzles, word games, or mind games. But they also have a love of speed and dexterity, anything requiring skill and coordination, mirroring their nimble minds and quick planet.

So this lends them to things involving quick uses of hands and/or feet. Swimming is one of those sports, not just regular races, but how graceful the movements are. Other popular sports are boxing, with its quick footwork and reflexes, gymnastics, and even horse riding (more for religious reasons, I’ll get to that). Horses used to be used for travel, but aren’t anymore after technology advanced. Sports that they don’t like are things like wrestling and weight lifting.  

Mercury in Japan is called “The Water Star”. Ami’s powers are mildly related to water, and more to ice. So while Michiru’s powers relate to the ocean, Ami is more like smaller bodies of water. And in keeping with that, Mercury is filled with many small bodies of water: rivers, streams, marshes and swamps (I live in Florida, and I can tell you there is a technical difference between those two) and very especially, lakes. Many of those lakes freeze during the planet’s cold winters. And the people love winter sports.

It was said that ice skating was popular on the Moon. I am of the mind to say that the sport of ice skating was introduced there from the planet that created it, Mercury. In fact, after the peace treaty, ice skating was a very competitive sport between them.

And the Moon and Mercury need ways to bond like that. For Mercurian society has some large differences with the Moon. The flip side of Mercury’s power is a lack of emotion, and Mercury’s people are not the openly emotional sort. Rather, they look down on public displays of emotion, like English society’s “stiff upper lip”. This is in contrast to the open and sensitive Moon people. Also, Mercurians do not trust their instincts at all like the Moon people, instead waiting to rationalize it all out.

The other negative side of Mercury is that in having so many intelligent people, and in prizing and nurturing intellect, that also means that Mercury produces smarter criminals too. This planet is the birth place of many of the most effective and dangerous criminals, and the hardest to catch, simply because their sharp minds were nurtured there. Mercury has particular problems with burglary, fraud, forgery, and swindling. After all, Hermes was the god of thieves too. On top of that, there’s a pickpocket problem, sleight of hand and all that.

Health wise, Mercurians are more prone to disorders of the nervous system, simply because the domain of “communication” includes the kind between the nerve cells. It’s not unexpected. Mercurian nervous systems are more delicate than others, and usually possess a great deal of energy, waiting for an outlet. They also have a greater chance for suffering problems of the voice, arms, and hands, like carpal tunnel. This makes the damage from exposure to the planet’s quicksilver (elemental mercury) deposit much worse.

Their bodies would make you think they are weak, but they are not. Before the peace treaty, Mars once tried to take them over. They thought their armies would crush weak Mercury. But the advancing Martian forces were drawn into a crater where they were met by Sailor Mercury (Sailor powers had begun to be invented then, though not yet by Mars), along with other Mercurian soldiers. Sailor Mercury used her spray attack, augmented by jets of water provided by her troops, to disorient the incoming army, halting them in their tracks. This also soaked the ground completely.

Then, using ice magic, Sailor Mercury froze the ground solid, turning it into a solid sheet of ice. The Martians slipped along the ice, flailing to get back in formation, including the Martian general (their top general). This was followed by a charge of Mercurian soldiers on ice skates. With their natural skill on the ice, and their quick, graceful movements, the Mercurian soldiers ran circles around them. They managed to knock down the Martians, disarm them, and immobilize all of them without a single drop of blood lost on either side.

Needless to say, the defeat was one of the most humiliating in Martian history, and they still don’t like to talk about how they were beaten so badly by the ones they called “weak little ice skaters”. They’re still sore about it even after the alliance under Serenity. But the look on the Martian diplomat’s face during prisoner exchange was priceless.

Even on a planet of reason, religion still exists. Their religion focuses a great deal on the nature of duality and complements, of two working together in unity. But there are actually three figures in their religion. The primary ones, and the ones who inspired the yin/yang like principles, are the fraternal Gemini twins, Castor and Pollox. Castor tamed the wild horses on Mercury, while Pollox was the great boxer. Both were supposed to have been born from a blue egg laid by a divine swan.

The third figure is their younger sister Virgo, who hatched from her own egg, which was separated from the egg that hatched her brothers. She is usually depicted as beautiful, and bearing large swan wings upon her back to give her an angelic appearance. She is also often pictured with wheat, symbolizing her role in teaching Mercury agriculture or with an owl upon her shoulder, an animal she befriended.

It is Virgo who taught the value of hard work and analytical power, of applying the mind to careful study, and who taught the values of using the power of the mind to accomplish good and to perfect things. It is written that Virgo’s strategic mind helped save the Mercurians and her brothers from an invading army. That legend is why other images of her depict her in full armor and carrying her favorite weapon, a spear.

Note: Queen Athena is quite the admirer of Virgo, and in the event of a battle, she has a full suit of armor, along with a very long and very sharp spear that she likes to toss like a javelin. Now she’s usually a very nice woman, but if you want to risk getting her really mad, remember that, along with the fact that she has eyes like a hawk and a powerful throwing arm. So if you cross that line, my advice would be to look out for sharp projectiles headed in your general direction.

Because of their religion, horses, swans, and owls are well treated here. The last two also serve as symbols of the royal house. The association with swans is also why certain royal or military regalia is adorned with wings, like boots or helmets. Also, because of their religion, the birth of twins causes a large celebration. How large that celebration is depends on what kind of twins. If it’s identical twin, that’s one thing. If it's fraternal twins of different genders, then that gets a bigger response. If it’s fraternal twins of the same gender, that results in an even greater social response. And if the result is fraternal boys, that’s gets the loudest response. This also means that the death of a twin is met with particular grief.

Aaaannndddd DONE! Whew, that was a lot of work. What do you all think of this one?

Last edited by Phantom53 on 18th July 2013, 3:22 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to fix the font size)
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th July 2013, 4:25 pm

Some seriously deep ideas here. I'd actually like to see some of these used in a story, it's make for an incredible read^^
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th July 2013, 5:15 pm

Thank you so much. It took me long enough to finish it off, particularly the religion part, having to connect two different signs. And putting these together already has me looking through three books.

And I do have some stories worked on, just the myths of the star signs, including the connection between the Lunar royal family and the crab, and the full myth of Gemini and Virgo. They aren't complete though.

Could you tell me though, Has Usagi ever eaten crab or any other crustacean? Or has she been around someone who was?
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th July 2013, 5:21 pm

I think I saw a head canon very similar to the one I am posting. I promise my ideas were my own. No stealing head canons. Scouts honor.Headcanons - Page 6 111859084 

Princess Serenity's father (Moon King) is a mystery. Here is the story. He went to battle Metalia to make peace for the sake of his daughter. Going to fight alone is never a good idea and it was the day the fate of the moon kingdom changed drastically. Beryl captured Moon King and brainwashed him. The negaverse wanted someone with great power on their side to help take over the moon and earth. After learning of the fate of her beloved, Queen Serenity sent her very best soldiers to fight Beryl and bring back the moon king. However, the moon king did not want to give up the new vast power he had amassed working for the negaverse. The king proceeded to kill all of Serenity's soldiers except for one to deliver a message to serenity-

The man she knew and loved would never return and if she wanted to spend the rest of her life in tears, he did not care because he was planning the destruction of the Moon Kingdom.

Serenity's lone soldier returned to deliver the news. After hearing the news, the Queen went to her room to be alone and mourn the loss of her husband. He may be evil now, but she knew he was a man of his word. Deciding to protect her daughter- she told her royal court the king had been killed in battle with the lost soldiers. Princess Serenity could never know the true fate of her father, because the truth hurt too much.

Serenity did not want to give up on her beloved, but also did not want to lose anyone else close to her by battling him.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th July 2013, 4:54 am

My headcanons will never be as good as all of yours owo" All the details you added are so great, guys!

Anyway, here is a couple of headcanons:
- The Pets (Sailor V's last ennemies) aren't related to the Dark Kingdom or Chaos at all. They are Genius Lokis that just awakened because of Sailor V's power. However, they were still weak from their slumber. Minako had no difficulties killing them without even using her powers. (She used a Crescent Beam for Nyanyan, but she used a decorative sword for Wanwan and a anti-moskito-essence-diffuser to destroy Chuchu)

-Usagi got her biggest scratch for Luna the day she transformed to clean her room using the Silver Crystal's power. Luna complained about this to Artemis for hours while he mumbled about when Mina used her magic pen to do her homework. The scratch on Usagi's nose stayed for weeks.

-I made a previous headcanon about Ami being a bit of an otaku. Not really an headcanon here but more of a story that defenitely happened once for me:
I think Ami once entered a cosplay competition with her friends and they picked as their theme... The Sailor Senshis!
Ami recreated her costume perfectly, with some help from Mako for the sewing. (Mako's costume was also completely true to her transformed form, thanks to Ami's patterns).
Rei's was looking good, and she even added some details that weren't there (like lace, golden lines, etc) It almost looked like a Sera Myu costume.
Minako dyed her school uniform Orange and blue and cut the sleeves and though it would be okay. Her mother punished her severly after that and made her repay everything for her uniform.
Luna confiscated Usagi's brooch while she was making her costume to be sure she wouldn't reveal her identity for the sake of a costume. However, Usagi used the disguise pen. And got really disapointed. When she yelled out: "Moon Power! Turn me into the prettiest of all Sailor Soldiers!" she found herself wearing a red and purple Sailor Fuku.

Mayo being a depressing psycho:

-Mamoru is sometimes disturbed at night by the noises the stones in his drawer makes.

-Sailor Moon happens in the same universe as Revolutionary Girl Utena. The spell that allows one to draw the sword from Anthy's body is the same as the one a Sailor Senshi use to summon her weapons. Anthy is a pure star seed, just like ChibiChibi. Only the Sailor Senshis calls their weapons from their own body while Anthy's weapon isn't used by Anthy herself.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th July 2013, 5:18 am

Quote :
 -Everything happened in Usagi's head. She's actually a patient of a psychiatric hospital. The inners are her nurses, the Shitennô are other patients, and Beryl is Doctor Chiba's wife.

Back ten or so years ago I forget when, there was a Sailor Moon Harry Potter crossover like this where Usagi was in a coma and as she slowly started waking from her dream(about being a Sailor Senshi and having all those friends) she started to go insane because all she wanted was to live in that imaginary world again^^ l always felt like that Charmed episode where Piper is in a psych ward and her doctor is Leo and her sisters aren't real and they aren't really witches got the idea from this fic cause the fic came first and then this episode lol

Quote :
Thank you so much. It took me long enough to finish it off, particularly the religion part, having to connect two different signs. And putting these together already has me looking through three books. 

And I do have some stories worked on, just the myths of the star signs, including the connection between the Lunar royal family and the crab, and the full myth of Gemini and Virgo. They aren't complete though.

Could you tell me though, Has Usagi ever eaten crab or any other crustacean? Or has she been around someone who was?

I dunno if she ever ate crab to be honest :/ the most I remember them eating were sweets and milkshakes and things like that^^ I never actually saw a lot of healthy food around lol
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th July 2013, 5:50 am

^Then that's a good thing. Like I said, eating or killing them was taboo on the Moon, and seriously illegal. If she ate crab it would be... awkward, especially if Luna remembers that fact. Actually, for what I have in mind, Luna's reaction would probably be pure horror.

I'll try to type up what I have on that story and the Gemini/Virgo myth in the writer's section. It may take me a long while though.
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th July 2013, 6:15 am

nerf-or-nothing wrote:
like that Charmed episode where Piper is in a psych ward and her doctor is Leo and her sisters aren't real and they aren't really witches

I'll be honest: I loved this episode even though it was kinda sad. I saw it ages ago and I rethough about it recently so it kinda inspired this crack-headcanon x)
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th July 2013, 7:30 am

That one made me cry too, it was so emotional T^T I just saw the episode that Pheobe burned on the stake this morning when it aired and that scene always brings me too tears. I think it's the look on Holly Marie Combs face, she is just a master actor at emotions!
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime23rd July 2013, 11:47 am

Okay, so I'm finally back again with more ancient kingdom headcanon. But first, let me restate that this was hard. Really hard. The myths of Taurus and Libra didn't give me too much to work with. But I think it's basically done now. Still, if there's anything that really doesn't mesh, please tell me. I don't want this work to go to waste. On another note, this is going to be another long entry.

The Venusian Kingdom

The Venus we have today is nothing short of a nightmarish inferno. It isn't simply uninhabitable like the Moon, but rather, it seems to do everything in it's power to make itself inhospitable. If Mina remembered her home planet, then learning what Venus is like now would be utterly heartbreaking. Before the Great Disaster restarted the life process, Venus was a breathtaking paradise of a planet. It even had a moon named Neith (this is the name of a hypothetical moon proposed for Venus, I figured I would give it that moon). It had lots of lush vegetation, beautiful flowers, and an abundance of species, from fish to many brightly colored birds. One the things the two versions of Venus have in common are the presence of two continents. Today we call them Ishtar Terra (up north, the size of Australia), and Aphrodite Terra (larger one, the size of South America, along the equator).

Much of Venus was around the equator, and in those areas the tropical weather made it similar to Hawaii. And in general Venus's average climate was a bit on the warmer side, but it wasn't too bad. Dolphins loved to play in the warm waters, along with manatees (I am adding them simply because I am from Florida).

Since Venus's symbol is linked with females as a whole, this is a matriarchal society like the Moon. That means queen to princess succession, and again, that women are the ones to court men and traditionally propose marriage. The queen of Venus at the time of the Great Disaster was Queen Aphrodite. Many people often say that Mina and Usagi must have been related in the past for how similar they look. I want to go with that idea. Here's how it worked for me. Before Queen Serenity XII (Usagi's mother) was born, she had an uncle. He liked to travel, and he volunteered to be the diplomat to Venus. He even stayed there for long periods.

While he was there, he was courted by the still unmarried queen of Venus. She married him. And around the same time Queen Serenity XII was born, her uncle had a daughter of his own, the one who would be Queen Aphrodite. This makes Queen Serenity XII and Aphrodite cousins. And according to my calculations, this makes Usagi and Mina second cousins.

There was no king of Venus during that last rule. In fact, unlike with Serenity, there wasn't even a name listed for Mina's father. When Aphrodite had Mina, she told everyone she had been seeing a member of a Venusian noble house privately, and that the man had died of disease or something. She didn't want to burden his family, or something like that. Confidentially, it was a lie.

Mina's father was the great blacksmith of Venus, Hephaestus. Hephaestus was of noble birth, but thrown out for being lame and exceptionally ugly. But he was the greatest maker of jewelry, weapons, and other mechanical devices on the planet, perhaps the system. Aphrodite had been seeing him, at first only to use him. But by the time she realized she was going to have a daughter, she realized that the man had come to truly love her. and she felt ashamed of herself for her trickery. So she never told him. She'd always thought he was unworthy of her, but then she realized that she wasn't worthy of him. Mina is almost the spitting image of her mother, though her dark blue eyes come from her father.

Venus in astrology is the planet ruling over love, beauty, and pleasure. It usually determines your capacity for affection, how you express it, and how you enjoy beauty. It is also supposed to add allure to the personality. So therefore, Venusian society had a sort of cultural obsession with love. Or perhaps it was a side effect of their planetary crystal, whose magic was mostly in tune with love. Either way, love and relationships were very important here.

Beauty was also important here. Venus also rules over decoration and adornment. Here you will find the makers of the most beautiful and elegant clothing, as well as the finest jewelry and cosmetics. Here you'll find the most skilled architects, and no building on this planet will ever be plain or simple. For Venusians love aesthetics. These are a very sensual people, whose five senses are fine tuned. They love beautiful, luxurious objects (many of which they produce). They don't wolf down food, they savor the taste of it on their tongue. Of course, considering their natural environment, that's not really too unusual. Venusians have learned to appreciate the beauty of nature around them.

Venus is not just a planet of pleasure, but also has some dominion over the arts too, over creative expression and the things you like. So there is a strong art scene here, as well as a strong entertainment industry. And Venus also has some dominion over money, so on the whole this is a rather affluent society.

Health wise, the average Venusian tends to have a very good constitution, a quality I take from those born under Taurus, a Venus sign. Taurus rules the throat, so the people of Venus suffer more issues there and are more vulnerable to things like the common cold. They also have issues in the lower back, which is a part of the body ruled by Libra. Health is aided by the fact that many Venusians like sports. Beach sports are popular in the tropical areas. And just because the society is more affluent doesn't mean that Venus doesn't know how to manage money. Most Venusians are more like the personality type attributed to Taurus. They are hesitant to spend money, but will spend money on some luxury items (like gourmet chocolate) because they love beautiful things like that. But they still watch it carefully. Upper society Venus is more loose with money.

In the east, Venus is called "The Metal Star", linking it to one of the east's five classical elements. This usually gets interpreted as gold, and Mina's powers have a mild association with gold (I guess it wasn't the most workable concept). Going with that idea, Venusian gold was highly prized. In the practice of magic and alchemy, each planet is associated with a metal. In the case of Venus, that would be copper, so Venus was also known for producing copper, which really made them wealthy when circuits started being used. And on a related note, it has been mentioned that Mina usually wears her gold chain around her waist, and it is reminiscent of Aphrodite's fabled golden girdle (belt) that made her even more irresistible. I say that Sailor Venus inspired the myth. I mean it's a gold chain belt made of love magic.

It may also surprise you to know that some of my research material also places Venus's domain over harmony, friendship, and general happiness as well as love. After all, how often do you hear the phrase "love and peace"? Also, the dove is a modern symbol of peace, but is also a symbol of Aphrodite. Doves were also a royal symbol on Venus (another symbol of the goddess, the dolphin, is well cared for here but didn't reach royal protection/icon status). So Venusian culture and society is a very peaceful and friendly one. People don't like being alone, and they don't like to get into fights. Venus also commands the social graces, so this is a very social society. They also make good diplomats for that, up there with Mercury. There are lots of parties here, extravagant ones too. And weddings are unbelievable blow outs. Seriously. 

But this kingdom is only a technical pacifist. They won't attack you and start a fight, sure, but they are able to defend themselves if you provoke them. Their archers often compete with the Lunar archery squads in competitions, trying to one up each other. And they have more than just regular arrows. Venusian archers also have those blunted, heavy arrows. They use them to cause more damage to targets without bloodshed (unless you hit the nose). Although now that I think of it, it reminds me of Green Arrow's every funny boxing glove arrow.

Another notable thing about this planet is the other sacred animal, a very special animal. It's a cow, one of many species on Venus, and it is the only one that you aren't allowed to eat, kill, or molest. This is the Venusian Taurus. It's not just a cow, it's a monster of an animal. It's very big, very heavy, and very, very strong.

It's like a super-bull. They are white in color, and have long curved horns, sort of like a Texas Longhorn. It's temperament is like that of the sign Taurus. They are usually very gentle and loving animals. They don't mean to hurt anyone. In fact, they usually just like to smell the wild flowers in their pastures. But it shares traits with a Taurus type personality. It is rather slow to anger, but prod it enough and it will explode. These animals are nicknamed "The Iron Bull", basically because they can crush rocks and metal with their muscles. Their bones are super dense, as are their muscles, and they have skin thicker than a rhino.

I take some inspiration for their kind of muscle power from a story I read about a pasture of Plains Bison being protected in Canada. These are animals not given to pleasant dispositions. One night, a visiting British soldier decided to cut across this fenced pasture. His friends waited, and then saw him running back, one of the adult bison right behind him. The man got over the fence, but the bison smashed into the fence, full speed. Now the fence was made of steel pipe. The bison left a one foot dent. It then got up, shook its head, and walked off. These things overturn snowmobiles with people and fight grizzly bears. And Venusian Taurus's are far stronger. Even the cows are strong. They may lack the long horns, but they will kick you, and hard. Their milk is highly nutritious with lots of calcium, which is good for their calves. On Venus they are used for heavy lifting and like horses. Typically the reigns used are gold chains.

Actually, before the Martians invaded Mercury, they tried Venus. The Martian forces saw a pasture of these things and decided they would make good livestock, so they started rounding up the calves. Then the parents showed up... One Martian tried to block with his iron shield, but it didn't do any good. He got launched into the air. He lived, though he shield was totally crushed and his broke both of his legs when he landed.

The Martians tried shooting them with arrows. But to their horror, these things were arrow proof (and bullet proof too). Swords and spears couldn't stop them either. They tried going into their metal attack vehicles, but the bulls just started smashing through it or overturning them. Venusian Tauruses are the equivalent of an animal tank. Then the Venusians showed up with archers, and the Martian's jaws dropped when they saw them riding more of these things. It was a full tactical retreat. They thought they would have better luck on Mercury, but, well... you know how that went.

Princess Mina also had a very special pet. Before Artemis, she had Ferdinand. Ferdinand filled the role of overprotective father/older sibling for her. And he's a Taurean bull. As a little girl, Mina took a shine to him when he was a little calf, so she considers him her "pet". And Ferdinand loved Mina right back. He's really a very affectionate and sweet animal, like most of his kind. But seriously, if you hurt Mina, you may turn around and be face to face with one very angry Taurus. Prepare to go to the hospital. You'd think a princess like her would have a little bird or a poodle or a kitten, but no... she has a living tank.

The negative side of Venus includes vanity, narcissism, over-indulgence, and laziness. All these are social ills of the planet, partly because of their love of beautiful things, valuing beauty, or placing value in objects rather than self. Also, some Venusians in upper social circles try so hard to please others and get praise from others that they lose themselves (a flaw of Libra).

As far as religion goes, Venusians worship a creator goddess named Europa, also called Harmonia (goddess of harmony, daughter of Aphrodite). Europa made Taurus as a guardian. There is also a goddess of evil called Eris, the spirit of discord and strife. Europa appointed their first queen Astraea, and gave her a set of magical golden scales that were known as Libra. Venusian religion is all about harmony and equity and justice. It is why their courts are surprisingly good. Libra is of course the symbol of justice, usually used by Astraea.

Actually, Venusian marriage ceremonies not only involve rings, but standing before an altar with horns (for Taurus) and a set of golden scales (not the original, those got lost). Ceremonial weights are placed on the scales to symbolize balance and harmony between two people (Libra is the sign of partnerships and being alone is against it's very being). Divorce is met with great grief here. In death, the soul is said to be weighed on another scale to see if it is in harmony with the concepts of truth and love. If not, they go to Eris. When Venusian royalty die, they are buried in an ornate coffin and carried to their resting place by a pair of Taurean bulls, sort of like an Egyptian funeral procession I guess.

Two more things. One, in the tropical areas, there are hurricanes, and the front doors in that area will open out. That's what the building code is here in Miami, for safety. Also, Venus is a popular tourist spot, with a lot of beach side resorts. Visitors are often disoriented because Venus rotates clockwise, backwards, so the Sun rises in the west and sets in the east.

There, I think that's it. I really need to cut these down. But was it good?
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime29th July 2013, 12:53 pm

I'm back. I'm sorry for the double post. With regards to what you said nerf-or-nothing, I don’t mind if people use these descriptions in their stories. But if anyone does use these, I just ask for two things. One, give me full credit when you use my ideas, and two, please notify me that you are using them. I’d like to know, and maybe check out what you did. Really, I’d be beyond flattered if someone used some of my ideas.

The Martian Kingdom
Given that the symbol of Mars is used for men as a whole, it should come to no surprise that this was a very patriarchal society. The last king of Mars was named Ares. His wife was Queen Bellona. You may not recognize that name. Bellona was a Roman war goddess, and not strategic war like Athena. Bellona’s name comes from the same root word that we get words like “antebellum”, or “belligerent”. I thought it was the best name for the queen of Mars.

Consequently, Rei’s parents met while trying to beat the living daylights out of each other. Ares was in a fighting competition and Bellona had snuck in pretending to me a man. Let it be noted that Rei’s temper came from her mother.

The Mars of today is basically like a desert, the air pressure being too low to keep water in its liquid state. It has frequent sand storms, and when we thought it had a continent, we named it Arabia Terra. The Mars of the past also had a large desert, but it was by no means a desert planet. There was lots of water on Mars, and a canal system too. There was volcanic activity on Mars. You may be aware that Mars is home to Olympus Mons, the largest mountain in the Solar System, which is a shield volcano. It was active in the past.

Mars in astrology represents drive and physical energy. It’s about ambition, turning ideas into action, aggressive force. This means that Martian society prized action rather than hesitancy. These people were energetic and forceful.  If there was a building project to be done, it got done. Obstacles were dealt with head on and full of passion. Mars is called “The Fire Star” in the east, and in western symbolism, the element of fire is associated with passion. Red tape was not so much of an issue on Mars, or if it existed, it sure didn’t serve as much of a barrier.

This would make the Martians very industrious in a sense. The positive influence of Mars also includes courage (something that is listed as the most likable trait of the planet’s only sign, Aries). So the Martian people are on the whole some of the most courageous individuals you will ever find.

Some of their other traits can be related to those associated with the sign of Aries. A ram charges in one direction, meaning the basic behavior pattern of an Aries is a straightforward, honest one, if only because of their impulsive bluntness. And Martian society is also very straight forward too. Lying just isn’t a natural skill for them, and they like to get to the point. Also, Martian culture is very individualistic, very self-focused.

There are of course many misconceptions about this particular kingdom. There is the idea that they are a brutish, uneducated, and uncultured people. This is untrue. Their cultural values do create a more aggressive society, and definitely contributed to their strong military. They may not be on the level of Mercury, but they are certainly not stupid, or uncultured. There are also silly myths such as the idea that the Martian hearts are actually just war drums, or that the red color of the planet is a permanent stain from all the bloodshed on the planet.

Again, Martian culture lent itself to an interest in fighting, both proper warfare and simple self-defense. And when Mars was still just a bunch of scattered groups, there was a lot of warfare. But for the information of those misinformed parties, the planet is red from the large deposits of iron, but blood. In fact Mars is well known for their iron work, iron being the metal associated with Mars in magic and alchemy.

Of course those rumors aren’t totally unfounded. The influence of Mars has a negative side. That negative side comes in the form of selfishness, violence, and abuse. You are going to see a lot of arguments here, a lot of yelling, and a lot of brawls or bloody fights in the streets. And with the very patriarchal nature of the society, women are not, on average, treated the best here. One example would have been the earlier reference to how Bellona had to pretend to be a man to get into a fighting competition. The negative power of Mars also produces impulsiveness and impatience.

The way women are treated on Mars had larger historical impacts. It was why Mars was one of, if not the last kingdom to take their planetary crystal and create a Sailor Senshi, because it had been established early that the power of such crystals worked best through a woman’s body. The real problem with the influence of Mars is that in order to helpful and not hurtful, it needs a direction and to be balanced with consideration.

Health wise, Martians share many physical features. They typically have strong and well defined muscles, even before factoring diet and exercise. They also tend to be very energetic. And while they can burn out that energy quickly, they can also recover quickly too. The sign of Aries is associated with the head. For Martians, that lends to features like piercing eyes that dart around a room and never staying still, flashing smiles, and shiny hair.

Also, the dark hair possessed by both Rei and her father was actually very uncommon. As far as hair color went, shades of red and gold dominated Martian populations. Bellona was a redhead. Martians also had darker complexions, probably due to their love of physical activity and tanning from the sun.

Martians also suffer more from headaches, and are more accident prone. They also easily become red in the face when they are frustrated or even simply excited. Mars is also a very competitive society. Like Aries, the first sign of the zodiac, they have a drive to be number one, to be a leader, and they don’t like taking orders. After the alliance of the Silver Millennium, they became very competitive with the other kingdoms in all kinds of sports (except ice skating). These would be the kinds of fans that would get into riots. And they personally preferred contact sports.

During the Silver Millennium, they were not very happy about the Moon being in charge. There were factions on Mars that wanted to rise up and crush the Moon, and to take over the alliance. They especially wanted to pay back Mercury and Venus. But King Ares was not like his mythical counterpart. He was more thoughtful, and more considerate of his actions, and he had no such conquering desire. And he made sure those unhappy groups were kept in check. His wife Bellona was also working on improving the treatment of Martian women.

Martian religion centered on a central god by the name of Aries. His sacred animal was the Martian sheep, particularly the rams. Aries helped the people of Mars against another prominent figure of their pantheon, Cadmus the dragon. Legend says that when Cadmus ravaged the people of Mars, Aries came to their aid. His sacred flocks were central to the fight, and leading the charge was the shepherd of those flocks, a young man named Jason, who became the first king of Mars.

Aries is usually depicted in full armor and either with the head of a ram or just wearing a helmet with ram horns. Rams are the royal symbol and you’ll see them on shields and helmets. Even the royal crowns have ram horns. Martian sheep are not allowed to be eaten or killed, and like the Venusians and the Taurus, Martians have royal pastures for these animals. These sheep had wool that came in two colors. Females were born with golden wool, while the males were born with red wool that turned a dark crimson in adulthood.  

Martian religion also involves fire. You see many sacred flames and torches in their temples, and Martian burial customs were similar to Vikings, in that bodies are laid in coffins and then set on fire. It is for that reason and the sacred status of the Martian sheep that wool was so very important here.

Let me explain. This is something I recently learned about real wool. It’s fireproof. I am not kidding. Real wool has many properties that make it fire resistant. Among that list are the facts that it takes higher temperatures to ignite it than cotton or some synthetic fibers, it doesn’t carry a flame, and it doesn’t melt. Wool clothing is recommended for firefighters, and wool mats are used in high danger areas. Martian wool is even more fireproof, so it is highly valued on Mars not just for religious reasons, but for practical ones too. Legend says that these properties helped in the defeat of Cadmus.

You know how on Earth we consider certain materials expensive and luxurious? I mean things like silk, satin, and velvet. On Mars, they think the same of their wool. It’s expensive, and a sign of status. The only exception would be those that work in certain professions, either religious or a profession dealing with fire (those that need it for practical purposes like firefighting get it discounted).

And here’s a funny little image. When Rei was a little girl, she, like Mina, had very special pets since childhood. Two were a pair of crows she kept in a bird cage in her room. But the third was a little Martian lamb from the royal pastures. She didn’t necessarily ask for it as a pet, but the thing just started following her everywhere she went, so eventually she just made it her pet. And even as she grew up, it still liked to follow her everywhere.

And that’s all I have. What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime29th July 2013, 4:55 pm

That's pretty good,b ut why would she keep the crows in a cage? The Crows are sentient beings that were chosen by Princess mars (rei) in the first place- considering they have human forms and are also from Cronis.  Wouldn't that be more insulting?
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime29th July 2013, 6:08 pm

^Hmm? Wait... Oh I know what you're talking about. I remember reading about that particular detail once. I guess I forgot about it and presumed they were regular crows. I only knew Sailor Moon directly through the English anime, where they were only crows. Though my headcanon is the mix-and-match sort...

Okay, so if they are aliens from another planet, and able to take an animal shape, wouldn't that make them similar to Luna and Artemis? So maybe they weren't so much pets in the past as they were possibly advisors to Martian royalty? And hey, they could literally work for bird seed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headcanons   Headcanons - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headcanons

View previous topic View next topic Back to top