The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th September 2014, 8:09 pm

Well I thought it was also Supreme Thunder in the manga because theres that little pun of that little mini comic of Usagi thinking it sounds like "choux cream sundae" and they even have like a small nod to that in the live action. xD But its been a while since I read that part of the manga so my memory is hazy on specifics.

(maybe i thought all those scenes seemed new to me cause the old episodes bored me so much they left my memory that quickly. That and they were like almost a month ago now.)
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th September 2014, 8:22 pm

JupiterThunderCrash wrote:
"Get out the bed loser, we're going crime fighting."

^ QUOTE OF THE YEAR AWARD SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 1955989781

OMG I utterly LOVED this episode. Honestly, I love Jupiter, but I've never really been strongly emotionally attached to her one way or another. BUT OMG SHE IS UTTERLY ADORABLE IN THIS SERIOUS SERIES! I LOVE LOVE LOVED HER! I pretty much loved everything about this episode BUT ;u; I'm really sad about not getting to see Genderbent Usagi  SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 2869872805
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th September 2014, 8:54 pm

I think Jupiter Thunderbolt was in the reprinted edition. And yay, I did a thing! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th September 2014, 8:58 pm

I've never read the reprint edition so that's probably why I was like SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 3186387542
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th September 2014, 9:19 pm

Small Lady wrote:
ToriJ wrote:
This episode made me a Sailor Jupiter fan.

How have I not realized how awesome Makoto is until now? Shame on me.

YES. SHAME. ALL THE SHAME ON YOU. SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 1333987389 SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 3098893119 SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 2552997083  :lolz:

*bes totes adore so you can't stay mad at me*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th September 2014, 9:36 pm

♫AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!♪ SINGS KYRALIH ON AN EPISODE 5 HIGH, ♫♪THIS EPISODE WAS GLORIOUS AND AMAZING~ THE MUSIC WAS SPECTACULAR AND THE ANIMATION WAS TOP NOTCH~ THE SCRIPT MADE ME FEEL FEELINGS AND THE TRANSFORMATION MASH-UP WAS SUPER EXCITING~ AND THEN THE ATTAAAACKS~ SO MANY EXPLOSIONS MAKING MY HEART GO 'YAAAAAAAAAAY'! AMAZING AMAZING HANDS-DOWN BEST SO FAR~♪♫

Also personal side note: teehee, this is Husband's first Sailor Moon experience pretty much ever - he's seen like the first episode of the 90's anime and listened to endless conversations about it from me, but Crystal is his first real watching of the show; he also super enjoyed episode 5, commenting about the animation being super good and loved the script, and, teehee hahaha yaaay, when Usagi spotted Makoto's food and sneakily made her way over, he was laughing his head off. xD And then compared me to Usagi, as just prior to that scene I was complaining about how I wanted another slice of pepperjack cheese and whining about not wanting to pause the episode XD ... that and I tend to swoop in when he's got something delicious and make him share. and whine. a lot. Mini mission in life: become Usagi: complete. 

I'm also like SNAP no Genderbent Usagi, but what they gave us was amazing fantastic and maybehopefullysomehow they'll fit male Usagi in somewhere -- I CAN DREAM.  XD 

AND YES FOR KEEPING THAT MAMORU TOTALLY SAW SOMETHING SKEEZY AND IMMEDIATELY WENT TO FIND USAGI RATHER THAN TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF IT HIMSELF -- I GOT SO INSANELY RIGHTEOUSLY-HAPPY WHEN HUSBAND READ A REVIEW OF THE EPISODE WRITTEN BY A DUDE, THAT COMPLAINED ABOUT MAMORU NOT FIGHTING THE MONSTER BY HIMSELF VIA THROWING ROSES, AND INSTEAD WENT TO GO FIND USAGI BECAUSE HE'S 'USELESS'.
>D YOU KEEP ON MISSING THAT POINT, REVIEWER, KEEP ON DOING IT! MAYBE EVENTUALLY YOU'LL COME TO THE AWARENESS THAT MEN AREN'T ALWAYS THE HEROES AND CAN BE CONTENT IN SUPPORTING THEIR BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL TALENTED LADIES, AND YOU'LL LOOK UP TO TUXEDO MASK AS A ROLE MODEL.

AND MAY I MENTION HOW UNBELIEVABLY HAPPY I AM THAT THEY USE TUXEDO KAMEN AND TUXEDO MASK IN THIS CANON?! I may be a terrible person, but it is still infinitely easier for me to default to Tuxedo Mask than Kamen, as I feel like I'm not 100% correctly pronouncing the latter (rather, I feel my inflection is typically off or sounds a little clunky), and the former has well over 100 hours of play-time in mental reference (and that's not counting watching the Dub, that's all Sailor Moon Action figure time XD WIN AT LIFE, TINY ME.) So Yaaaaaaaaaay!
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th September 2014, 10:46 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Well I thought it was also Supreme Thunder in the manga because theres that little pun of that little mini comic of Usagi thinking it sounds like "choux cream sundae" and they even have like a small nod to that in the live action. xD  But its been a while since I read that part of the manga so my memory is hazy on specifics.
I remember it was still called Supreme Thunder in the live action reboot.  I like Supreme Thunder better because it always reminded me of Usagi's "supreme sundae" pun in the original anime.  One thing I miss from the original series is that we got to see Makoto actually fight other guys off and show off her physical strength and I liked her combination of masculine and feminine qualities from the original series.  With Crystal it seems like she's more strictly feminine and the masculine qualities are just people's misunderstandings of her.  It also seems like she uses less physical attacks here than the original anime.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th September 2014, 10:51 pm

Uh, no she does have physical qualities. She chucked that baseball into orbit and picked up and tossed a youma out of anger. People misunderstand her personality more.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th September 2014, 10:59 pm

But I mean like in the original anime she did actually get into fights with the other guys whereas in Crystal she left her old school because of her sempai.   And ike in the original anime Makoto saved Usagi from the guys who were bullying her but Crystal changed it so that Makoto saved Usagi from being run over by a car.  Did Makoto save Usagi from the car in the manga?  It's been awhile since I've re-read it but I always only remember Makoto saving Usagi from bullies.  They had Makoto save her from bullies in the live action series as well.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th September 2014, 11:02 pm

She saved her from a car in the manga. I think that the reason she left her last old school was because of the sempai thing, but she's been jumping from school to school because of fights ever since her parents died. This was just a recent event.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th September 2014, 11:07 pm

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I tried to find my copy of that vol of the manga earlier today but I couldn't find it at the time to compare it.   Is it just me or does Toei seem to have listened to the criticism of their portrayal of Rei?  Like I know there was some criticism of the previous episodes toning down Rei's sassyness but she seems to be more sassy in this episode and they kept the references to her hatred of men this time.
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Luna.

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th September 2014, 9:41 am

So I think this episode was the best one yet! I really liked it. The episode preview, however looked recycled. I'm glad that they had 3 weeks for this one because it was totally worth it!
Back to top Go down
http://meganalburger.weebly.com
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th September 2014, 11:01 am

TWO WORDS

FLOWER HURRICANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M DONE!
we barely saw this attack on PGSM, but here was *0* "you better use that attack the whole series"
episode was flawless, this Mako won my heart <3

FLOWER HURRICANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th September 2014, 2:26 pm

I think this is the first episode of Crystal where I feel it has rewatch value. That is a good thing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th September 2014, 2:32 pm

The animation was good in this one and I have to agree with SL, this one is the first one I would bother to re-watch Very Happy

Also Nephrite/Jupiter!! <3
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th September 2014, 7:36 pm

I bet SMC haters are struggling to find hate moments and derp faces. Razz
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th September 2014, 3:14 pm

This episode made the point that I was trying to make in the other thread about Crystal adapting the Black Moon arc; that just because they're following the same exact number of chapters doesn't mean they won't tweak the story and make original scenes for Crystal to give it a unique experience while still following the same basic outline.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th September 2014, 4:34 pm

I was actually looking for derp-y frames and didn't see anything this episode.  Yay!

I do find it a little strange that Mako has brief flashbacks of SilMil when neither Ami or Rei did.  Don;t get me wrong, I love that they were adding the flashbacks but I wonder why she is the only one besides Usagi to have them.
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th September 2014, 5:20 pm

Saturn Skyy wrote:
I was actually looking for derp-y frames and didn't see anything this episode.  Yay!

I do find it a little strange that Mako has brief flashbacks of SilMil when neither Ami or Rei did.  Don;t get me wrong, I love that they were adding the flashbacks but I wonder why she is the only one besides Usagi to have them.
Ami and Rei did have flashbacks. Ami had it once and Rei had it twice. Perhaps since Usagi was the moon princess thats why. The girls usually got their flashbacks when they saw Usagi for the first time (Reminding them of their moon princess) and when they tried to fight back (Reminding them of the battles they used to have).
Back to top Go down
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Sailor of all that is RAINBOW!

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th September 2014, 6:18 pm

OMGGGG LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS EPISODE. Was tearing up the whole time during her transformation and attacks! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I loved the storytelling in this episode, loved her transformation and those big beautiful green eyes. Loved the color of her hair (so glad they went closer to the color of her hair in the manga) and LOVED EVERYTHING! I love Mako Chan because she's such a serene and sweet character but at the time is physically strong and courageous! I'm so happy now...I was losing a bit of hope I wasn't going to get into the new series but this episode totally brought me back. Made me remember everything I love about the show: the flashbacks, the beautiful colors, the theme of love! I think I seriously have a lesbian crush on her now. LOVE YOU MAKO-CHAN!

*quietly crawls back into her room*
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th September 2014, 10:55 am

I can't wait for the next episode!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th September 2014, 6:48 pm

DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS?  I don't know if it was in the manga or not, but I saw this while watching episode five and it was like, "THAT'S THE SQUID FROM THE ORIGINAL ANIME."

Crystal Squid:

90s Squid:
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th September 2014, 7:27 pm

Oh yeah! I think someone posted some screen shots of her bento from the original anime (btw they are supposed to look like octopus (you cut up a hot dog and then boil it and voila octodog) but squid works too xD) and the bento box in Crystal looked to be a throwback to the original animes one. I thought that was a ncie touch. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th September 2014, 8:41 pm

the one in the 90s anime is from the R arc i think when Makoto has lunch with Alan or whatever his name is in the sub.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st October 2014, 3:48 am

Yeah, I went back and found the episode and screenshotted the "squid." xD I believe it was episode 49 of the dub.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers   SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SM Crystal Episode 5 - Spoilers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top