The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

[Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction Empty
PostSubject: [Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction   [Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction I_icon_minitime15th August 2013, 11:37 pm

Ok so on the flight home today my muse bit me and I was literally itching to start a fanfiction xD I ended up with 5 pages for my first chapter [Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction 868675979 Although my handwriting is huge and sloppy so 5 pages in my handwriting could be a page on a computer xD ANYWHOO

Im gonna put a warning here because I tend to be descriptive when I write xD This is still at a PG-13 level but some people might not like the detail i put into Tony's nightmares xD

Critiques and comments wanted cheesy pleasey!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screaming. Crying. Explosions. Mad men and things that made your kids scared of what goes bump in the night. These were typically the images seen in bad dreams, products of the imagination when controlled by fear.

These were Tony's memories.

Darkness.

He awoke with a start, sweat pouring off him, soaking his pillow and sheets. Rubbing his face he rolled over to look at the clock. It had only been an hour since he fell into bed. Letting out a sigh of frustration he flopped back to his other side and decided to try again.

As he closed his eyes again he tried to think of happy things. Unicorns and rainbows and all that fluffy crap that people associated with happiness. And as he started to drift in unconsciousness his mind gave way to...

Red. Burning. More screaming and this time the sight of people bursting into ashes as they were incinerated by an immense heat. More mad men. Red hot pain searing through his body from a single touch. Sorrow. Agonizing loss.

And he was awake again. His breathing was ragged and he felt as if he couldn't find enough air to fill his lungs. His heart raced in his chest and he felt the familiar prickle of fear run up hes spine although he couldn't tell what he was afraid of.

It was when the walls of his spacious room began to cave in when Tony's senses came back to him.

He was having another panic attack, but this time is had hit him in his sleep. And it had come from his nightmares.

Jumping out of bed he started to pace. Back and forth between the windows and this door. The repeated pattern helped Tony calm his nerves enough to stumble to his shop where he could truly distract himself.

Once downstairs he grabbed the nearest tool box and suit and started fixing things. Perfecting every flaw until there was no squeak, leak, or blemish left on that piece of metal. Then he moved on to the next one. Tony wasn't in the proper mental state to tinker with the more complex aspects of his multiple suits. He just needed a good coupe of hours of labor to work away the nagging at the back of his mind.

As he worked his mind wandered back to his dreams, and the events behind them. His hands started to shake again and he new this train of thought wouldn't lead anywhere he wanted to go. Throwing down his screwdrivers he went to the store room. He needed something even more physical to tame his racing thoughts.

Grabbing some sheet metal, a hammer, and some tongs he headed for the furnace.

Normally he would have Jarvis whip up the preliminary skeleton of a new suit he was designing. It was faster and that way Tony could spend more time tinkering with the features he would give it. But this time was different. He was going back to his roots, as some would say, when he was trapped as a prisoner and the only escape was to build a suit of armour and fight his way out.

He fought his way out then, it couldn't hurt to try now.

He spent hours in his shop heating, pounding, cutting, and shaping out his newest creation. The sun was just breaking its first light when he finally started to slow down. The torso, legs, and arms were all complete and sitting in a heap next to the door way. He was working on the helmet when he got a sudden chill, and the hair on the back of his neck started to stand on end.

Tony spun around, hammer in hand, and scanned the empty space around him. For weeks now cold spots and strange feelings of being watched had haunted Tony. At first he hand brushed it off and blamed it on his nerves and the lack of sleep. But the consistancy of it drove Tony to believe that is wasn't his imagination.

Feeling that cold again he spun, this time waving the hammer in front of him as hard as he could, even though he knew he would connect with nothing but air.

"Who are you?! Show yourself!"

He was answered with silence. The adrenaline paired with his previous labor had him sweating profusley, but when the sweat began to become cold on his bare chest his nerves began to spike again.

He shook himself with tremendous vigor to rid himself of the haze he was in. Telling himself is was all in his head he put the hammer down and decided to call it a night. He was way to nervous to confine himself inside his shower so instead he dampened a towel and rubbed over his face, neck and chest. Layers of sweat, dirt, and metal shavings came off of him as he wiped himself down in the doorway of his darkened room.

He was about to flip on the lights when something stopped him short. A pair of green lights were hovering just where his bed was. It was too dark in the room to make out the shape around the green. Without breaking eye contact Tony reached back with a shaky hand and flipped on the lights, expecting the worst.

Only to find nothing.

Something was playing mind game with him and he loathed it. His temper was beginning to flare.

The tongue flicking out to tickle the shell of his ear sent him over the edge.

Using what was left of his strength and energy he thrust his elbow back into the intruders stomach, and a second later sent his other elbow straight into their jugular. Pushing himself forward and away from the invader, Tony pivoted on one heel and put his fists out, ready to face whatever came his way.

But what he found on the floor before him utterly disarmed Tony.

Kneeling down with a hand on his neck and an arm around his waist, was the very mad man that stalked him in his dreams. The same emerald eyed god that had started the war that left so many scars upon Tony's broken soul.

"Loki..."
Back to top Go down
hiddenheartsvenus
Pyramidal Crystal

hiddenheartsvenus

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Just call me Dee ;)

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction   [Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction I_icon_minitime16th August 2013, 12:01 am

Tony Stark, beloved Iron Man. I am sold on this story. My little fangirl voice is screaming gimme gimme gimme.

I thought it was a good start. I loved the nightmares. Vivid, definitely something Tony would see, given all he's been through. A plus on that. I also liked how he dealt with it, by working himself to exhaustion. Again this is a very Tony thing to do. Nailed it. Loved Loki appearing at the end. I think Loki is the literal demon for not just Tony, but all the Avengers, so yes loved it.

Now there are some grammar errors and misplaced words. Well maybe not misplaced just the wrong word used.

Quote :
It was when the walls of his spacious room began to cave in when Tony's senses came back to him.
To me, it reads like when should be that. There's a couple other spots where the wrong word is used but its easy to figure out what word should be used. But that's what a rough draft is for, right? Some misspelled words, but again rough draft so that happens.

A change in the sentence structure in a few spots would make it flow better. I've found that it helps to read paragraphs out loud to yourself. You get a better feel for what could be wrong if you vocalize it, especially when it comes to sentence structure. What looks good on paper can sound weird when you say it out loud. I read sentences out loud if they even feel wrong, much less look wrong and hearing it helps me word it better.
Back to top Go down
http://hiddenheartsvenus.tumblr.com/
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction   [Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction I_icon_minitime16th August 2013, 11:06 am

Yeah I was having a hard time with what to put in that sentence xD But i was writing like a mad woman so i just put something in and kept going [Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction 3884866259 

Thanks for the tip Smile Ill definitely try it out xD I have the whole plot of this fan fiction playing out in my head and im dying to get it written down xD
Back to top Go down
hiddenheartsvenus
Pyramidal Crystal

hiddenheartsvenus

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Just call me Dee ;)

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction   [Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction I_icon_minitime16th August 2013, 11:45 am

I do it all the time. Sometimes it's like my brain is a thousand miles ahead of my fingers and later when I go back to read what I've written, I'm just like, O.o how did that happen?

I can't take all the credit for reading out loud, one my betas is very fond of pointing out weird sounding sentences and telling me to read it out loud. I get it from her so much that I've just started doing it on my own. But it does help me, so maybe it will help you.

I'd love to read more when you have it written. I love Avengers fics.
Back to top Go down
http://hiddenheartsvenus.tumblr.com/
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction   [Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction I_icon_minitime18th August 2013, 10:09 am

Thanks! I plan on keepin this going Smile Ill probably set a fanfiction.net account so I can get it all down xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction   [Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Critique Request]Start of a Fanfiction

View previous topic View next topic Back to top