The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime9th August 2013, 11:28 pm

The Arena wrote:
More than ever she really hated her terrible aim. Akiko managed to at least hit the brother, stalling him a bit. She charged at Juno and stabbed her in the stomach before slitting her throat. Something wasn’t right though, there was a painful sting on her side. She looked down and saw a deep cut along her side, just above her hip. Juno managed to get a shot on her that didn’t stick, but hit her as it flew by. That moment of distraction cost her. Before she knew it she was kicked to the ground and a burning sensation of a fresh cut on her right shoulder was felt. The brother got her. Akiko leaned her head back and saw there was a parachute right where she was before attempting to take out both siblings.

----
It all happened so fast. Juno’s arrow hit – he knew that. He relished that; Juno’s arrows were poisoned, she had them marinating in her own special brew since night one. Akiko was a dead girl walking. He charged at her, ignoring the throwing knife in his side. He had his blade poised, ready to stab her and end this, but then… her blades, her blood, his sister?

The shock threw him off; rather than stab her through, Jove knocked Akiko aside, dropping his blade to grasp Juno’s shoulders as her eyes rolled back into her head. “JUNO!” he yelled, shaking her softly. “JUNO!!” his voice shook, cracking.

“Hey, Jove?” she said softly.

“Yes?” he answered quickly, desperately, adjusting his hold on her so he could brush back the hair in her face as their mother often had. Their mother… Oh god. Juno was -

“Win, okay?” she said, smiling that toothy smile, only now her teeth were red with her blood. Their blood. Juno… how could he win? How could he live without her?! They’d been together since before he could remember – they grew together in the womb! His mother used to laugh and say that they held hands together in their crib at night. They were inseparable, and now – now she was asking him to go on without her? He couldn’t do that! But the desperation in her eyes… and suddenly he understood.

He nodded, fighting not to cry. He didn’t want her to go that way. “I will, okay? I’ll win. I’ll win for you, Juno. You’re still alive in me, right?” his voice cracked.

She nodded weakly – he shook his head, she shouldn’t be moving, but then she reached up for his hand. He took hers, holding it tightly. Just like they always had. “I love you, baby bro.”

He choked on a laugh, his eyes tearing up as he kissed her forehead. “I love you, too, baby sis,” he returned, a joke they shared. Their mother would never reveal which of them was older, so they always… they used to…

A cannon went off in the arena.

----

She had to run. She couldn’t take on the brother in her condition. Seeing as he hadn’t continued to kill her yet, Akiko got up and ran towards the parachute. She grabbed and high tailed it outta there. Natasha was going to kill her if she survived this. Akiko lost the chakram and her throwing knives, but she still had her swords and a dagger. It’ll have to do for now.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime9th August 2013, 11:30 pm

Ooc:
Back to top Go down
hiddenheartsvenus
Pyramidal Crystal

hiddenheartsvenus

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Just call me Dee ;)

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime9th August 2013, 11:31 pm

Oooh:
Back to top Go down
http://hiddenheartsvenus.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime9th August 2013, 11:32 pm

Akiko:
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime9th August 2013, 11:39 pm

nighty night:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime9th August 2013, 11:42 pm

gnight:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime9th August 2013, 11:55 pm

The Arena wrote:
Akiko kept running until she was sure the brother wouldn’t be able to follow her. She collapsed in front of rows of giant rolled grass. Something wasn’t right. Her side was burning from where Juno got her with the arrow. Akiko cursed in her head. “That arrow. Did it have poisonous tips?”

She took off her upper armor to inspect the wound on her side. Juno got really lucky, it missed the upper armor, but cut through the strap of her lower armor. Akiko leaned her head back against the grass roll and took a couple of deep breaths before pulling out her the medicine. She applied the medicine to her side and to her shoulder. After she put the medicine back into her backpack, she put her armor back on.

Realizing it wasn’t safe to be on the ground level, Akiko slowly and weakly climbed up one of the grass rolls and pulled out her sleeping bag to sleep on top of the grass roll. There was a chance for her to probably jump someone if they came in the area. She had her hammock out as well, which she planned to use as a net when she used to stay in the tree. If she was going to fight someone, she rather they be trapped by her.

Akiko held up her right hand and looked at the claddagh ring her mother had given her before the day of the reaping. Her father had gotten her mother this ring and she knew how to wear it properly too. In her case the heart was pointed towards her wrist. She had a special someone waiting for her at home. And her parents, especially her mother, waiting too. Right now she was looking forward to her parents and her special someone get on her case for her actions in here. It’ll remind her that she was alive and there with them. She fell asleep crying.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime9th August 2013, 11:57 pm

The Arena wrote:
The girl would have to wait. He laid out his sister, daring the hovercraft to come before she was ready. He gently took her bow and arrows, careful of the ooze that sat at the bottom of the quiver, and laid them aside. He’d use it to his advantage – her poison would cover every weapon he had, including the ones that the tribute had left behind. Still holding her hand, he adjusted her hair, pushing it away from her face, and kissed her forehead again. As much as he wanted to stick it to the capitol and bury her right there, in the ditch Juno’s murderer had made, he wanted Juno to be put to rest back home with their family. Before letting her go he worked deftly at her wrist, unhooking a charm from her token bracelet, straightening its hook and slipping it through the empty piercing in his ear. Then he just sat there, looking at her, holding her hand, noticing as it grew cooler and cooler. He wondered if he had lied to her, telling her he’d win.

If nothing else, he’d kill that district five tribute or die trying. Staring at his dead twin’s face, he realized that either option made little difference to him. He wouldn’t leave the arena now. Not fully.

He sat with her for nearly an hour more, his eyes on her, his senses alert for any sign of approach, a knife poised lazily in his hand. His mourning was halting, incomplete; at once accepting, then refusing to believe. He couldn’t cry for her, not here. Not for them. Finally he let her go, pulling his hand free to collect the weapons strewn about the area. He repacked his bags, making these new weapons easily available to him as he sat back down in the ditch, his back to the wall so he could watch her as he fell into an uneasy sleep.

He was barely conscious when the hovercraft came to collect her.
The Arena wrote:
Carson heard the cannon, clearly heard the guy yelling for "Juno"; one of the twins were dead, or were about to die. But he was tired, and relatively safe where he was. He chose not to investigate, and fell back to sleep. He'd save his energy for the morning, and perhaps catch them while they still slept.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime9th August 2013, 11:59 pm

Night:
Back to top Go down
hiddenheartsvenus
Pyramidal Crystal

hiddenheartsvenus

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 12:06 am

Good Night:
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 3:45 am

ASFGHJKL:
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 7:36 am

Ooc:
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 7:40 am

OOC:
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 9:14 am

Dee:

Rei made an almost inhumane noise as she grabbed the little Elephabulous from Natasha, fussing over it, patting it's little head, touching each of its little feet. "Oooh, you beautiful little creature! Mummy loves you already!" she cooed in a baby voice to the little Elephabulous on her lap. Movement to the side of her caught her eye, and she suddenly remembered where she was and how she was meant to be acting. She cleared her throat and shook her head quickly as if to step back into character.

"Thank you, Natasha, what a kind gift. Although I'm sure I could have got one myself easily; I have a lot of connections you understand. I do hope this is not gifted with the expectancy of something in return..?"

The sudden noises from the screens demanded her attention. She kept one hand on the Elephabulous's back as she watched the drama unfold on the monitors. These Games were truly, truly a delight. Happy days! She couldn't keep the smile from her face.

Last edited by SenshiRei on 10th August 2013, 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm so tired, my tenses are all over the place. ;.;)
Back to top Go down
hiddenheartsvenus
Pyramidal Crystal

hiddenheartsvenus

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 9:20 am

Reeeeeiiiii:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 9:40 am

KYRA:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 9:49 am

Natasha looks up at the screen and frowns. How was she supposed to help Akiko? She knew antidotes were supposed to be added to the champion shopping list, and that the price of an antidote was ridiculously high, but the exact amount, she wasn't quite sure.

How horrible would it be for Akiko to do all the dirty work of killing the tributes just for Aurae to take the win in the end due to the girl being poisoned? She growled at the screen thinking, 'You idiot!'

Clenching her fists and gritting her teeth with fury, Natasha tried to calm herself down before turning to the sponsors.

"As you can see, Akiko is the tribute giving the most excitement of all the tributes left alive. If you want to see more exciting deaths, helping me to pay for an antidote for Akiko, will provide that entertainment for all of you."

Natasha smiles at Rei, before looking down at the Elephabulous. "Honestly, Rei, I wasn't expecting anything, but friendship."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 11:46 am

Natasha realizes that at the very least, she should provide her tribute with some water. Natasha spends $4,000 on a small water bottle and sends it to Akiko with a note:

"You IDIOT! -Natasha"

OOC:

Natasha wrote:

The Sponsor Purses Updated:

Champion Purses Updated:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 11:50 am

The sun rises over the arena.
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 12:16 pm

OOC:
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 12:37 pm

The Arena wrote:
Aurae dragged herself out of the sand in the glare of the morning sunlight. She shooed away a few curious scorpions and examined her leg. When she removed the dirty cloth bandage she was glad to see that the skin had not only healed smoothly, but that it didn't hurt. She tested it, finding that she no longer had to limp around and treat it gently. It was a small victory, but a heartening one anyway. She shook out her pack and blanket, capturing a few more scorpions. She didn't even mind the taste anymore--although she would have preferred to have them roasted and salted, but at least they were getting easier to catch.

And then she was off.

The strange hissing noise that emanated from the trees was not a comforting sound. Aurae drank half of her remaining water, and listened to the odd noise, hesitating. She slipped a rock into the cradle of her sling and sent it flying, zipping through the trees and clattering loudly somewhere to the north. Several birds zoomed up, startled, and then she heard something else--something she didn't recognize--following that commotion. For a moment, the hissing stopped, and she ducked through the trees.

She had almost made it to the river when the muttations attacked, large and ferocious raccoons that lunged at her, snarling. She fought them off, waving the flail, but they closed in around her. Aurae reached into her pack and took out one of the cannisters that had been attached to a parachute and dumping a live and furious scorpion into the midst of the beasts. They recoiled, screaming hideously, and she didn't stay to see how many survived, hurrying through the trees, exhausted from her failed excursion.

She knew there had been one more death--she had heard the cannon in the night--but that didn't make her odds any better. And now the forests were occupied by mutts; clearly the Game Makers were ready to end this year's competition.

Aurae sulked, glad to be alive and relatively unharmed still, but knowing that her family was mocking her. Probably all of the Capitol was mocking her. Whether she lived or died, her mother would criticize her actions, reminding her or those who knew her that their other relations had put on better performances. It didn't matter that her mother and father had not been volunteers, nor had any of her elder brothers. They acted as though they would have won anyway, just because they were members of a Career family.

Aurae's aunt, Prism, had won one of the earlier games, when Aurae was too young to remember. They celebrated Prism's victory as a matter of obviousness and pride, but Aurae knew her aunt better than her siblings, parents, cousins, and other relatives. All these years later, and Prism could only sleep with the aid of pills. She laughed at everything with her voice and motions, but her eyes were cold and empty. She would tell the children stories about the games, but Aurae noticed that she always left the room immediately afterward. She had followed her aunt one time, when she was eleven and already several years into the academy, and was confused to find the adult woman sitting in the bathtub and sobbing, clutching her knees. Aurae had walked over and put a small hand on her aunt's shoulder, and Prism had clutched at her niece so tightly that Aurae had bruises for three days. It was then that she began to understand the Hunger Games were something more than a thrilling pageant.

As she watched in later years, she noticed the tributes who died of dehydration or exposure. She noted the ones who got too cocky and were easily targeted for it. She noticed the habits that every Champion had developed to cope with their life after victory. Still, she had entered. It had been too many years since someone from her family had participated in the Hunger Games. It was family duty. And that's how she would probably die in this Arena. For family duty. And just as always, no one would care.
A voice is projected throughout the arena, loud enough to wake even the sleeping tributes. 

"Attention tributes! You have fought hard, and the end is near, but none of you will last much longer without some help. We therefore invite you to a feast! At noon today we will deliver a package for each of you, something you need, to the cornucopia."
Back to top Go down
hiddenheartsvenus
Pyramidal Crystal

hiddenheartsvenus

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 12:50 pm

Ooh intrigue!:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 12:58 pm

The Arena wrote:
Akiko was startled awake by the booming voice of the announcement. It wasn’t usual for them to have announcements in the morning. When she opened her eyes she had to shut them immediately from the sunlight. Slowly she reopened them and realized her vision was slightly blurry. “Shi...taki mushrooms.” She cursed. She was poisoned.

She looked ahead of her towards where the Cornucopia was. There was only one, possibly up to three problems. But her biggest problem was Jove. He had to still be in the area where they fought last night. And if his sister’s weapons were poisoned, there may be a very good chance his were now too. Akiko touched her shoulder, it didn’t burn like her upper hip did. So, his weapons weren’t poisoned last night.

What were her options? The forest was out of the question. There were mutts in there. There was the desert and the many zones of wasteland thanks to Heidi. Not many options left. And now the feast. This was going to be interesting on what happens. Akiko ate some of her fish as she pondered on what to do next.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 1:26 pm

The Arena wrote:
As the sun climbed closest to its zenith in the sky, Carson stood back to look at his handiwork; the open area surrounding the Cornucopia was now pockmarked with holes. He had started the process during the night, then took a break to nap; once the feast announcement had been made, he worked to finish the defenses. He popped a caffeine pill, grabbed his sword, and waited, looking around the opened field rather than the sky. Soon the feast would begin, and he'd be ready.

Aurae awoke with a start. It would be the feast soon, and then the 23rd annual Hunger Games will be over. Aurae was pretty certain that only one person would leave the Cornucopia's feast alive, and this time she'd be part of the action.

Jove packed his bag, then readied himself. He threw her quiver over his shoulders, kept the bow strung, the envenomed knives at his hip, his knife strapped at his waist, the chakram ready in his hand. He was ready. He kicked dirt into the opened grave, and waited. He would kill her - quickly or slowly. Either on her way to the feast, or at the feast itself. He had a good idea of what the feast would bring for her, and he would destroy the antidote before she could take it.
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 1:40 pm

Rei rubbed her hands together, before resuming stroking the Elephabulous on her lap. This was it! Tonight was where it all ended! Truthfully, although she was favouring Aurae, as long as the final battle was bloody and brutal and enthralling then it didn't matter to her too much who won - the Games would be a massive success. She was enjoying herself immensely.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 2:08 pm

The Arena wrote:
The hovercraft appeared suddenly overhead, and the packs were delivered through four grappling hooks. They were lowered to the ground in front of the Cornucopia, each marked with the district the materials inside were meant for. As soon as the ropes receded and the hovercraft disappeared.

The feast began.

Carson stepped out of the Cornucopia, grabbed his bag, and threw it backwards into the cornucopia.

Jove saw the ship and started running, heading straight for the bags, aiming his knife at the kid collecting bags. 

Carson grabbed another bag and tossed it backwards, as well, but as he reached he was struck by a flying knife. Growling, he finished the throw and pulled out his sword, staring down the other male tribute running towards him.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 2:19 pm

The Arena wrote:
Aurae entered the arena from the south, pausing to assess the field and keep an eye out for Akiko. Noticing the small holes that Carson dug, she jumped over them, weaved around them, heading for her bag. 

Jove smirked - it had been a direct hit. The blonde from Four was poisoned - he, too, would die, so long as Jove secured the bag meant for the girl from Five. However, Four just stood there - he didn't charge back, didn't wheel in for a fight; what was his deal? It was then that Jove tripped, his toe catching on a hole dug into the ground, doubtless by the blonde caked in mud. He managed to evade the poisoned-tipped blades on his person when he fell, but he hit his knee hard. When he stood it was clear that he wouldn't be able to run as fast so soon, but still he held his ground. He saw the girl from one running forward and pulled out his bow - if Four had a ranged weapon, he no doubt would have used it by now. He took aim at the girl, and fired.
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 2:23 pm

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 2:24 pm

OOC:
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime10th August 2013, 2:26 pm

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top