The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

TRIBUTES, Champions, and Sponsors! When do you want to do our live interview?
Friday, 6pm CST
GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_vote_lcap10%GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Friday, 7pm CST
GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_vote_lcap10%GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Friday, 8 pm CST
GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_vote_lcap0%GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Friday, 9 pm CST
GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_vote_lcap30%GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Friday, 10 pm CST
GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_vote_lcap0%GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Dude, anytime Friday is good for me, jeez.
GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_vote_lcap50%GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED Empty
PostSubject: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:03 pm

The Galaxy Cauldron Role-Playing Proudly Presents another Game Event!

THE HUNGER GAMES

Those of you who played (or watched) Clue might have some sense of what's in store, but be assured that while the RolePlaying and die-rolling aspects might be the same, you're in a whole new world with Hunger Games! To keep with the themes of the Hunger Games, there are many new and exciting (but possibly a little complicated - first time kinks to be worked out, just like with Clue!) changes made to the gameplay, including another option for those who want to play, but don't want to be in the thick of the action!

I (and possibly my new assistant, if she be accepted during or before the game!) will act as Game Makers, and will be watching over everything related to the arena - giving out field-found items, watching hunger, thirst, warmth, and energy levels, tracking movements within the field, figuring battle winners, and sending in new 'challenges' for the tributes to face. I/we will also be controlling what is seen on the game board*.

Then we have the people who want to play and contribute, but don't particularly want to be a tribute. These people will be Champions and Sponsors - they can RP freely on the game board, cheering on their favorite tribute and raising money (winning other sponsors over) to help their tribute's cause. These people can send antidotes, medicie, food, and maybe even armor and weaponry to the tributes in the field.  Tribute players can play as their own champions; I'd love it though if my sponsors were actually really choosy as to whom they lend their support. 

And, finally, we have our tributes. Young men and women chosen from their districts to fight to the death to win the coveted title of Champion. These RPers will mostly be playing off site**, in secret boards that are typically used in our Mafia games. These boards will be geared to certain sections of the map; no one knows where you are unless they run into your zone. (("But, Sailor Uranus! This is a Galaxy Cauldron RP, right? Why are we playing off-site?" Well, dear, sweet player, I think it's horribly unfair for a lone tribute to be so easily hunted down by a small alliance because their position on the map is known, so I'm letting them hide. I'm letting everyone hide from each other. It'll be luck that they chance to find each other, and then they can fight to the death for our amusement.)) Of course, all exciting bits (fighting, snarking, making alliances, breaking alliances, smart moves, looking into the camera, etc.) will be transferred into the main board - I mean, we have to give our audience, and your potential sponsors, something to watch!   The gameplay for tributes will be a little tricky (and maybe a little buggy), so please be aware of that before choosing to be a tribute!

Tributes can make alliances, backstab - whatever they want! But, just as in the books only one player will win

**Either off-site boards, or via PM; I'm still working out logistics of both. Via Email has also been suggested (to minimize having our PM boxes accidentally destroy information). If we go the PM box route, any alliances will still use an offsite quick topic board so PM boxes aren't ridiculously full. Any time something exciting develops that the Game Makers think audiences in the Capitol would like to see, the post will either be copied and moved to this board, or the players will be asked to move to the board. ((Example: You're chilling in a tree, minding your own business. You're called to continue your lone little scene in the Game Board; there you find that a small group of people have appeared in your territory. OH THE NOES WHAT WILL HAPPEN?! We'll see in REAL TIME. MWAHAHAHAHAH))

Ahem.

Okay, Uranus, I'm game. What do I do?

Well, here is where the Rules and General Gameplay list will go. ... I'm still working with day lengths vs. how soon someone can move through zones vs how quickly energy depletes, so this will be updated at a later time. 

To Be a Champion/Sponsor wrote:
Reply in this thread with a sponsor OR champion (or both) claim. If you want to be a champion you can claim a district (I'm not sure if we'll have 12 districts yet; it'll be determined by how many people sign up). Being a champion means that you help out the kids in the district by rustling up some sponsor support and choosing what to purchase for them based on what you see of them in the game thread. 

To be a Tribute wrote:
((You can be both a tribute and your own champion, but you cannot be a tribute and a sponsor)). Reply with this miniature app; we are NOT using book characters here.

Code:
[b]I, (your username), hereby volunteer as tribute![/b]

Then I, me, Sailor Uranus, this person (not you), will send YOU a PM closer to the next event date, asking you to choose two talents from an already created list that will be released, again, closer to when the event starts

Oh, one more thing: THIS EVENT WILL START WITH A REAL-TIME MANDATORY CHAT!

Did I mention I will also be playing Caesar Flickerman?  Well, hah ha, yes, I will be. And before we send our tributes into the Arena, we need to give our audience and sponsors (You guys have to come, too~) a chance to meet them! I'll be conducting real time interviews with predetermined questions for you to answer the RL night before the game begins! Come looking spiffy and prepared to be charming! Or ruthless. Or adorable. or terrifying. Whatever you think sponsors will like the most. ^.~ 

Signups will end when either
a.) we get 24 players. o.o woah baby.
b.) Friday Afternoon rolls around
The game'll probably start Friday Night with that interview, and the tributes will be put into the arena Saturday morning. 
c.) This game should end before the start of the GC Roleplay Event!

Tributes:
HiddenHeartsVenus
AkikoUranus
Sailor Jupiter
Aurae
NaoUranus
Cerechan

Champions:
Thunderdome
Natasha
Sailor Mars

Sponsors:
Mercury_Viola_Rhapsody
Sailor Mercury
Natasha
Sailor Mars
Verdandi

Last edited by Sailor Uranus on 3rd August 2013, 9:20 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:09 pm

Sign me up!!!!!

I volunteer as tribute!!!!
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:12 pm

I'd like to be a sponsor! ( even though I hated that book...)
Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandfantasy.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:14 pm

mercury_viola_rhapsody wrote:

*Gasps* Angry GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED 1404836419 GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED 3978041997 GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED 3658275139 GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED 1023433532 GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED 1263409520
Back to top Go down
hiddenheartsvenus
Pyramidal Crystal

hiddenheartsvenus

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Just call me Dee ;)

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:21 pm

I, hiddenheartsvenus, volunteer as tribute!

Did I do that right? Cause this looks like fun.
Back to top Go down
http://hiddenheartsvenus.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:23 pm

I, AkikoUranus, hereby volunteer as tribute! for District 2 if we do get to pick our districts.

Oh my god... this looks like so much fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:23 pm

Natasha wrote:

*Gasps* Angry GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED 1404836419 GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED 3978041997 GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED 3658275139 GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED 1023433532 GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED 1263409520
Guess it's a good thing she's a sponsor. We can't go after her. xD
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:25 pm

I'm an odd person...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:26 pm

Yay! Three Tributes! Thank you guys for joining!

But you don't want to pick on Rhapsody - as a sponsor she could very well determine your fate! XD

o.o I've also decided that sponsors can win awards for betting on the winning tribute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:28 pm

I'm an odd person...

Nah, you're not odd. Perhaps you don't enjoy reading stories about kids your age killing each other. If that's odd, I'm concerned for the state of the world.
Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

yukine

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:29 pm

I, Sailor Jupiter, hereby volunteer as tribute!

This looks like fun!
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:30 pm

I, Aurae, hereby volunteer as tribute!

This sounds like fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:31 pm

Natasha wrote:
I'm an odd person...

Nah, you're not odd. Perhaps you don't enjoy reading stories about kids your age killing each other. If that's odd, I'm concerned for the state of the world.

I meant in the I join a Hunger-Games role play group despite hating the book sense...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:32 pm

Natasha wrote:
I'm an odd person...

I meant in the I join a Hunger-Games role play group despite hating the book sense...
Just curious, what did you like about it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:34 pm

AkikoUranus wrote:

Me or Mercury?
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:35 pm

I thought doing roleplay would be fun and this sounded interesting...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:35 pm

Five tributes! Hooray!

Now, if there is a district you guys prefer to be from, I'll take your suggestions, but I'm not sure how many districts there will actually be for this game.

OH! ANOTHER NOTE: peeps gonna die based on a roll of the die. o.o several people might die the first day at the Cornucopia. Rather than choosing odds and evens, I'll be rolling a die for each person fighting, including any bonuses they get from their talents, and then tell you guys who wins and who dies. ^^ You guys write it out. Probs on TV in the main game board. You know, for amusements. XD

o.o but keeping it pg-13. heh heh.
Back to top Go down
Celest
Lotus Crystal

Celest

Lotus Crystal

Title : official sailor kakyuu lover ☆

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:36 pm

I WANNA BE A SPONSOR
Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

yukine

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:38 pm

Oh, cool!

Then, I want to be from DISTRICT 4!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:38 pm

Oh, one more thing: THIS EVENT WILL START WITH A REAL-TIME MANDATORY CHAT!

Hey Uranus, when would this chat be? I need to know, especially for Thunderdome when he signs up. (His vacation is over.)
Back to top Go down
hiddenheartsvenus
Pyramidal Crystal

hiddenheartsvenus

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Just call me Dee ;)

Is it wrong that I already want to write my death scene? Cause FUN!
Back to top Go down
http://hiddenheartsvenus.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:40 pm

How do we keep murder pg-13? I mean, I know the forum rules says something about feeling comfortable reading what we write to thirteen year olds or something, but what if all the thirteen year olds you know enjoy watching Evil Chuckie? O.o

*I'm slightly kidding.*
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:41 pm

I am also curious when the chat will be; I work a day-job, and even though I can sneak on here sometimes it's not a guaranteed thing.

I don't have a district preference!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:42 pm

Natasha wrote:
AkikoUranus wrote:

Me or Mercury?

Mercury. And I meant, "What didn't you like about it?"
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:43 pm

I, NaoUranus, hereby volunteer as tribute!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:49 pm

Natasha wrote:
Oh, one more thing: THIS EVENT WILL START WITH A REAL-TIME MANDATORY CHAT!

Hey Uranus, when would this chat be? I need to know, especially for Thunderdome when he signs up. (His vacation is over.)

hiddenheartsvenus wrote:
Is it wrong that I already want to write my death scene? Cause FUN!
Ahahaha yes fun xD
Natasha wrote:
How do we keep murder pg-13? I mean, I know the forum rules says something about feeling comfortable reading what we write to thirteen year olds or something, but what if all the thirteen year olds you know enjoy watching Evil Chuckie? O.o

*I'm slightly kidding.*
I'd prefer an absense of gore and copious amounts of blood. If I find something a little too over-the-line, I'll just jump in and edit it slightly by deleting words.
Example: CAUTION SQUEEMISH PEOPLE this is an example of 'over the line' to 'that works':
Aurae wrote:
I am also curious when the chat will be; I work a day-job, and even though I can sneak on here sometimes it's not a guaranteed thing.

I don't have a district preference!

Chat Time! Chattime will be probably early to mid evening (I'm CST; it'll probs start between 5 and 9) on the night that the sign-ups end. I'll throw a poll up about times for people to vote on; if you can't be there, then we'll just assume your character is the strong, silent type XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:55 pm

Uranus- Gotcha. I was wondering where the line would be drawn. I mean, the movie Hunger Games was pg-13, but holy moly have times changed on what pg-13 seems to mean!
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:57 pm

Thanks~! I look forward to seeing when it will be. :3 And if necessary, I'll be the strong silent type. XD
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:57 pm

Hint: I'm 13. Use me as your barometer!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

o.o and sign-up ending time circumstances are above. 

o.o if we get 24 players I may go bananas. XD LMao. o.o but then a lot would probably die the first scene - like half.   hmm.... and if things get desperate, i could let players have two characters in this. o_o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED   GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GCRP Game Event: THE HUNGER GAMES! Sign Ups CLOSED

View previous topic View next topic Back to top