The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

The Legend of Korra

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

The Legend of Korra - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 9:00 pm

KORRASAMI IS LIFE.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Seren
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Seren

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Sailor Ceres ❤ Diana's Wife ❤

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 9:05 pm

AHHHHHHHH KORRA AND ASAMI!! <3
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 9:14 pm

Well so much for trying to keep spoilers under spoiler tags for those who haven't watched it yet Sad
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 9:21 pm

What's a spoiler here? o.o anyone that knows me knows I just ship the hell out of these two since like, book two? And I found myself another shipper.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 10:04 pm

Could have been read either way, sorry! The Legend of Korra - Page 7 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Sailor Seren
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Seren

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 10:07 pm

lol sorry everyone, I got a little excited. ;_;
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 10:08 pm

XD It's no big deal. Everyone gets excited around the finale.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 10:09 pm

Nah no worries ^^ I'm screaming everywhere else but here over the finale so everyone is good until a few days have passed Razz
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 10:18 pm

Sailor Noel wrote:
What's a spoiler here? o.o anyone that knows me knows I just ship the hell out of these two since like, book two? And I found myself another shipper.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 10:22 pm

I nearly cried. Nearly. It was good. Some people say otherwise, but it was. 

Spoiler:

Ok I lied. I made a spoiler post.

EDIT: 

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 10:32 pm

I'm honestly avoiding tumblr because of the darn shipping war explosion that's going atm >.> It's getting pretty bad.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 10:51 pm

Sailor Noel wrote:
I nearly cried. Nearly. It was good. Some people say otherwise, but it was. 

Spoiler:

Ok I lied. I made a spoiler post.

EDIT: 

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Addelyn wrote:
I'm honestly avoiding tumblr because of the darn shipping war explosion that's going atm >.> It's getting pretty bad.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 10:58 pm

To be fair, I've seen Korrasami shippers fighting back and sending out some nasty shots!
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 11:02 pm

Spoiler:

On a related note, I am going to make an admin announcement: Please be careful in your word choice when discussing the finale ship. You can disagree. You can not like it. You can love it. But it can pull in heated discussion that we do not like to get involved in here at GC. So please remember to be thoughtful about your comments and respectful to each other and all walks of life.  The Legend of Korra - Page 7 2045764097
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 11:17 pm

There's always been shipping wars in Korra between Makorra supports and Korrasami supports. It only got worst after the finale when the end all cannon was announced. This I think just exasperated it.

As for what you said Mars, Korra and ATLA are two different shows, but each book in ATLA dealt with something different. Yes, they had one overarching villain of the fire nation, but they also had little things in between.

Korra and ATLA are two different shows and it is very hard to compare them.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 11:19 pm

Addelyn wrote:
To be fair, I've seen Korrasami shippers fighting back and sending out some nasty shots!

Yeah I definitely agree! Apparently a Makkora blog even deleted? It's kinda like SMC. There's bad blood on both sides. I'm hoping that Bryan makes a statement on his tumblr to ease the fighting tbh. 

Sailor Noel wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 11:29 pm

Yes, what you say is true Adde. There were different little things in ATLA. They were subplots. But, it revolved around defeating the Fire Lord. With LoK, you don't have this. Each book presented a different enemy and a different story all together. If it wasn't for the creators linking them together, such as her PTSD, each arc is pretty irrelevant to each other and just were certain aspects of Korra's life. Meaning, they were pretty standalone and didn't actually need those ties. But at the same time, since they decided to develop Korra's PTSD and make her more believable, then yes, the ties were relevant. But primarily to Korra. Not the overall plot. It's great that they developed Korra and made her more real, but yeah. 

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. o_o
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 11:47 pm

There is some connectivity in terms of character development, especially between the third and fourth season with her dealing with PTSD.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 11:54 pm

Yeah, that's about it.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 11:04 am

Yeah I think they did a wonderful job dealing with her PTSD. Overall, I think Korra did touch on some serious issues pretty well.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 5:35 pm

KORRASAMI IS CONFIRMED AS CANON BY THE CREATORS.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 5:39 pm

The Legend of Korra - Page 7 2869872805 The Legend of Korra - Page 7 2869872805 The Legend of Korra - Page 7 2869872805 The Legend of Korra - Page 7 2869872805 The Legend of Korra - Page 7 2869872805 The Legend of Korra - Page 7 2869872805

I AM SO HAPPY. MY OTP BABIES. THEY'RE CANON! THEY'RE CANON! 
Back to top Go down
Sailor Seren
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Seren

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 5:42 pm

^ lol you basically summed up my reaction. ^^
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime31st December 2014, 5:08 am

I love Legend of Korra! I do admit some parts of it could have been done better, but I love LOK! I've seen all four seasons since it first came out in 2012, and it's such a great show! More shows need to be like this!
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime31st December 2014, 8:10 am

I would honestly like to see them do a comic continuation like they did at the end of A:TLA!
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime31st December 2014, 8:18 am

I can see that happening, since Korra is pretty popular. I know they're doing it with Samurai Jack.
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 7:09 pm

As a continuation to the post I made in the atla thread, here are some of my thoughts on lok:

The world of the series with its diversity and characters continues to fascinate me in lok. It's interesting to see how much things change in 70 years, and I wish we could have seen how the Firenation evolved during this time. Although I do wish some things were executed differently, or left out from the story, I think lok is still a great show.

It would have been interesting to see lok having only one main plot throughout the seasons, though. I wonder what route the creators would have gone with if that happened.

Visually lok is very appealing. Studio Mir and Studio Reve's work (I personally think Pierrot's style didn't blend in well) on lok's animation is amazing, the movements are fluid and characters expressive. Plus the scenery is beautiful and detailed, like in atla. And the soundtrack - such a good balance between new, different instruments and some of the most iconic tunes from atla's music. I hope the three later books get official soundtrack releases one day, I'd be very happy to see that happen.

As for the characters, the creators have once again made a diverse and interesting cast, and the voice actor/actress choices are very fitting. Korra, Asami and Lin would be my top favorite characters, while my favorite season is Book 3. It was so nice to see team avatar travelling around the world and spending time together. (I wish we got more of that) I also agree with Yunie, I think Korra dealing with her PTSD was handled very well.

Also, Korrasami becoming canon made me happy. Those two have chemistry and a great supporting relationship, and they didn't let the past love triangle mess get between them.
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2016, 5:32 pm

Book 4 just came in the mail today! My husband and I binge-watched Book 2 and Book 3 after I found them at a local Half Price Books. 

And, based upon my binge-watching, Korra and I would have not been friends, not at all. We would have been at each other's throats all of the time. 

Anyone recall the few episodes in Book 3 that covered the legend of the first avatar? That was amazing! The artwork was fascinating and the story even more so. I wish it had been expanded into a whole series, but I'm happy they took to time to flesh it out into several episodes.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2016, 5:54 pm

Wan’s story is hands down my favorite part of the second book. I really love that Bryke decided to include the avatar's origin story in lok. I second your statement, I would have loved it to be expanded into a longer series! Regardless, I also think that the two episode story was really well made and wrapped up Wan’s story in an excellent way.

What book is your favorite thus far? =)
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2016, 6:03 pm

Oops! I said the wrong Book, that was Book 2; my bad. 

I'm not sure which is my favorite, thus far. It's been awhile since I watched Book 1, so I don't remember it very well. 

I really loved the avatar's origin story in Book 2. In Book 3, I enjoyed seeing air-bending being brought back into the world. And, personally, I thought it was really neat that Minga-Hua in Book 3 used her water-bending to create prosthetic arms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Korra

View previous topic View next topic Back to top