The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes Empty
PostSubject: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes   Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes I_icon_minitime11th May 2013, 1:07 pm

I love this cartoons^^

My favorite Avatar the Lasy Airbender characters are Toph, Sokka, Iroh and Azula.

My favorite Legend of Koraa characters are Lin, Tenzin, Korra and Tarrlock.

Such an awesome series and I hope Bryan and Mike continue to come up with such epic cartoons. America doesn't have much serious cartoon series, and we need more! Don't get me wrong, I like the silly ones like Family Guy, and kid ones like Phenius and Ferb(My inner child will never die no matter how old I get haha^^) but we need more like this.

Share your ATLA LOK tributes^^
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes   Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes I_icon_minitime13th May 2013, 8:51 pm

Moving to the TV Lounge. Avatar is an American Cartoon, as is Legend of Korra.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes   Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes I_icon_minitime13th May 2013, 9:12 pm

Awh that's a shame, I don't see much of a difference between anime and cartoons because cartoon is just a phrase for animation and anime is just the phrase for japense animation :/
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes   Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes I_icon_minitime13th May 2013, 10:28 pm

Love the Last Airbender, but I havent started Korra yet!
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes   Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes I_icon_minitime13th May 2013, 11:08 pm

Yea last airbender was awesome but havn't had much of a chance to actually watch Korra yet I plan to when I have the time though
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes   Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes I_icon_minitime13th May 2013, 11:25 pm

I really enjoyed these tributes! Its making me want to start my 3rd rewatch of the series. I feel its about time. Its been too long. xD Avatar is just such an amazing series. It just proves that a cartoon aimed at a younger audience can be as well written, dramatic, have wonderfully developed characters, and be full of action as any other adult TV show, movie, book, etc.

I'm so looking forward to the 2nd Korra season, even though I have a few problems with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes   Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes I_icon_minitime15th May 2013, 2:27 pm

I love these stories!! I really hope Mike and Bryan make another show whether it continues with the Avatar story-line or not, they just have such an awesome ability to create such rich stories and characters!

Is there going to be a second season of Korra? I feel like the series ended because of the last episode. I'd like another season but they did an awesome job with the first one that I'd be satisfied either way Very Happy

I like all the cultural references they used to make the series, like how the Dali Llama was the basis for the Avatar and skfhskjhf so much more!!

They were originally going to make ATLA with steampunk and futuristic aspects but the idea was scrapped early one and I'm glad they were able to use some of those aspects in Korra c:

If you haven't seen Korra yet definitely do! With all the funding they made from Avatar they were able to enrich the animation of Korra impressively and it's beautiful all the CGI work they did for the series c:
Back to top Go down
Miss Tricks
Lotus Crystal

Miss Tricks

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Clouds

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes   Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes I_icon_minitime15th May 2013, 2:37 pm

There is a second season to Korra, set largely in the Water Tribes - it was supposed to be released summer 2013, but it's been delayed while they create a tv movie for the series.

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes 1955989781
Back to top Go down
http://miss-tricks.tumblr.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes   Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes I_icon_minitime15th May 2013, 3:11 pm

TV MOVIE! All this excited news is going to make me implode with all my giddy happiness!! skajjgh Is the movie going to be for Korra too? ksjaghk YEYEYEY!!!!
Back to top Go down
Maxie
Star Seed

Maxie

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes   Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes I_icon_minitime15th May 2013, 4:39 pm

Is it terrible that as big of a fan I was of Avatar, that I pretty much hated Korra? I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved some of the things (like Tenzin, his family, Lin, Asami, Amon, the gorgeous animation), but I just cannot find any likeable qualities in Korra and Mako (and since they were so heavily focused on, you can understand why I'm complaining here), and the writing is just really terrible (it seems like they have totally different writers), especially in the finale (oh my goodness the ending was just so... bleh). I mean, I'm still probably gonna stick around for the movie and Book 2, in the hopes that some of the characters will get actual development, and two in particular will become likeable, but I'm not gonna to put up such high expectations like I did before it even began (which hey, maybe if I haven't done that, I would have enjoyed the show a little bit more).
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes   Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes I_icon_minitime15th May 2013, 6:42 pm

It's not terrible. In the beginning I was a little put off because there are SO many unanswered questions to ATLA like Zuko's mother among others^^ I was one of the few that wanted to see more on our favorite characters.

I was honestly a bit disappointed in Toph's character design, she wasn't drawn that well and in one panel she has six fingers and a thumb u.u

I did like the story though, but I got the impression that they put Mako and Korra together mainly because of the Zuko Katara craze that helped spike ATLA popularity, while only using characters like Bolin and Asami :/

I do like Korra though, and I'm curious that how all the issues with the series were resolved what they'll have in story with the next season^^

I almost wonder if perhaps once again, it will be a new seasons avatar^^

Maybe instead they should do a series on the beginning, before the avatar and before bending when everyone had "energy" type of powers before they conformed to bending and before the avatar came about. I'd like to learn about that. I know a few people have interesting theories on it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Miss Tricks
Lotus Crystal

Miss Tricks

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Clouds

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes   Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes I_icon_minitime14th June 2013, 7:12 am

nerf-or-nothing wrote:
It's not terrible. In the beginning I was a little put off because there are SO many unanswered questions to ATLA like Zuko's mother among others^^ I was one of the few that wanted to see more on our favorite characters.

I don't know if you've seen it, but there's an official comic being released to answer most of the question left in Avatar, and to bridge the gap between tLA and LoK. About Zuko's Mom, and the founding of Republic City. xD
Back to top Go down
http://miss-tricks.tumblr.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes   Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes I_icon_minitime19th June 2013, 10:13 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

XD XD adjfhsjkdhgakhashg XD!!!!!!!

I MUST READ IT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes   Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra tributes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top