The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

The Legend of Korra

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

The Legend of Korra - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime21st June 2014, 7:57 am

Well I think it's because people were so into shipping in ATLA that the creators were trying to appease the fans in Korra. Like look at all these ships!! We'll have the characters fight over each other so you guys can have fun!!

And we're like uhhhhhhhhhhhh

ATLA was great because it focused on the story and the characters rather than the character's romantic needs. Yeah we had a few scenes were Aang was crushing over Katara, but it was a sub plot.

They need to focus on the plot and the characters in Korra  and put their romantic needs in the background. 

.....I like Mako btw. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime21st June 2014, 8:51 am

I actually don't really ship Korrasami but I see the appeal in it and if they did it would be a nice after the ridiculous love triangle before.. Asami is my favorite so I'm just happy she's going to actually have a lot of screen time.. From what they've shown it does look they will be spending a LOT of time together.
Back to top Go down
Feorin
Pyramidal Crystal

Feorin

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime21st June 2014, 1:35 pm

I feel that it was more of an age thing. Aang crushing was very age appropriate for him and because Korra is much more a solid teenager age they feel like it was age appropirate for her to go past the crushing into boyfriend stage.

I think they did that ok *meh shrugs* but I agree where they went wrong was making it a focus instead of a subplot like in ATLA. Also, they went wrong in the Asami rival love triangle department.

First, Asami is such a kick but character that they demean and deminish her by making her the third wheel and rival and friend. They should have picked one, rival, friend, or thrid wheel. She also would have made a kick but rival/bad guy and that would have been awesome.

Second, we are sick of love triangles! I would like to see two strong female characters have dialog about things other than a boy! There is this thing where you can test if anystory line is sexist, and one of the tests to pass is that 'do the female characters interact on any level that does not involve or center around a male character. It is called the [url=bechdeltest.com]Bechdel Test[/url] this is a real thing. We should be demanding more of this! "I secretly believe that is why Sailor moon is so popular!"
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime21st June 2014, 1:38 pm

I really didn't mind the love triangle to be honest. It just wasn't written well. 

I secretly wish Sailor Moon had more romance than Usagi's love life. But that's just me because I like reading about romance.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Feorin
Pyramidal Crystal

Feorin

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime21st June 2014, 1:48 pm

Hm, I agree, if the love triagle had be written well I probably would be complaining less about it. All it ever comes down to, really, is the writing. Thank you Yamichan.

*and that is why so much fanfiction is NOT about Usagi's love life! Also, I hate saiya O.x ... *(ducks for cover)
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime21st June 2014, 7:38 pm

I would love to see them focus on Bolin and expand his character and even give him some character growth. That would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime27th June 2014, 3:35 pm

Half an hour until Season 3!
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime29th June 2014, 3:57 pm

You know, tbh, I don't really like where Korra's been going. It's just been kind of like a hodgepodge mess. I mean it's a great show and I enjoy watching it, but I don't think it's as good as like ATLA and I don't like how each book has some weird, hodgepodge plot they just threw in there.

But definite yes to more Korrasami, please.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime29th June 2014, 4:55 pm

Well I think that was because there was only supposed to be one season and then Nick gave them three more right when Book 1 ended. I do agree that ATLA is overall better but I watch Korra for Korra for what it is not what for TLA was. I didn't watch ATLA when it was out so that's why I haven't jumped ship with Korra. Plus as far as sequels go Korra has been doing a pretty okay job. Things could have been far worst. It could've been like Xiaolin Showdown's sequel. *shudders*

As far as love triangles go there is a love triangle in Sailor Moon. There difference is that it's small and the fans have created it themselves. I've even seen a Usagi/Haruka shipper get hate from a Usamamo shipper so just imagine if there had been a major love triangle in Sailor Moon. There would be fans ripping each other apart. The character I rp as, Tifa Lockhart, is involved in a 13+ year old love triangle debate (Clerith vs. Cloti) that probably will never end. There's character bashing, people attacking each other, sending anon hate, etc. So yeah....personally it doesn't matter to me if it's well written. I just don't like love triangles.

As far as this season goes: it's been excellent imo. The conservation Asami and Korra had at the beginning was great, Mako has been adorkable, and Bolin has been pretty 'eh'. I think they still don't really know what to do with him. Overall the story seems interesting and it seems like Korra will have multiple conflicts going at once instead of just one 'big bad'. I hope they just explain things well and wrap up all the problems at the end of the season. They never did say what happened to the non-benders at the end of Book 1. I mean were they ever treated better? Did things get worse? We just don't know.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 6:55 pm

Ok, so Episode 9 just aired last night. I wanted to know what you guys are thinking about how the series is going so far. What do you guys think of the Red Lotus and what Zaheer said about the group origins to Korra?
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 7:02 pm

They're an extremist anarchist group, but they do have decent points about some people having far too much government power, like the Earth Queen and Republic City's President. I like that they segregated from the White Lotus because of their ideals clashing, and not something really simple and petty. I do kind of wonder what Korra would have turned into if their plan to kidnap her at age 4 had worked...
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 7:05 pm

It seriously made me question what the Red Lotus stood for, that's for sure. I think if she talks with Zaheer more, she will maybe begin to question everything that she has known and form her own ideas. He did make some valid points, like once change has started, it cannot be stopped, and that a lot of the governments in the nations are extremely corrupt.
Back to top Go down
sammywhatammy
Pyramidal Crystal

sammywhatammy

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : pink is so punk

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime16th September 2014, 7:40 pm

I loved s3. sure, it had its problems, but it maintained a pretty consistent level of awesome throughout the season, unlike s1 (awesome in the first half and then massive nosedive) and s2 (ping ponged between really amazing episodes and really terrible ones)

AND FEMALE FRIENDSHIPS!!! KORRA AND ASAMI HAVING AN AWESOME SUPPORTIVE FUN FRIENDSHIP
Back to top Go down
http://ask-chibiusa.tumblr.com http://sammywhatammy.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th September 2014, 9:13 am

I feel so behind. I've only watched season 1 and like the first ep of se2. o_o oops.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th September 2014, 10:17 am

Addelyn wrote:
It seriously made me question what the Red Lotus stood for, that's for sure. I think if she talks with Zaheer more, she will maybe begin to question everything that she has known and form her own ideas. He did make some valid points, like once change has started, it cannot be stopped, and that a lot of the governments in the nations are extremely corrupt.
I like that the  the red lotus were much more complex  villains. While their methods and their end goal were clearly wrong, the ideas were sorta valid.  They made me think a lot more than the season 2 guy (whose name I cannot remember right now)
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th September 2014, 4:10 pm

Vaatu and yah, they did. I cried in the finale because of the red lotus for reasons lol.

Season 4 is being aired starting October 3rd. I have to question Nick's methods about relreasing it so soon to when book 3 ended.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th September 2014, 4:12 pm

i think that is is more to keep the interest that it has. if they wait too long since they started putting it online people will loose interest.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th September 2014, 4:14 pm

Yah, but I kind of feel that Nick is just trying to rush through it so it doesn't have to deal with Korra anymore. I feel like they rather just deal with blah content shows like Sponge Bob rather than amazingly animated shows like Korra.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th September 2014, 4:15 pm

well that's Nick for you. they treat the best like crap and the worst like gold. cause lets face it sponge bob sells more.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime17th September 2014, 5:05 pm

I think the problem is that Korra didn't "click" with Nick's usual audience.  If another network owned the franchise then it would have had the attention it deserved.

I hope someone else buys the rights and makes another series
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th September 2014, 2:57 pm

That would be amazing if they did. Please let studio Mir animate it again!
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th December 2014, 10:01 pm

DID ANYONE WATCH THE FINALE????

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th December 2014, 10:03 pm

I respectfully ask that you guys keep any Korra stuff from the finale under spoilers so those of us who haven't had a chance to watch it yet are able to spoiler free. 

Thanks Yunie! <3
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th December 2014, 10:08 pm

Addelyn wrote:
I respectfully ask that you guys keep any Korra stuff from the finale under spoilers so those of us who haven't had a chance to watch it yet are able to spoiler free. 

Thanks Yunie! <3
No problem babe! uwu. I know I wouldn't want to be spoiled!
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th December 2014, 10:11 pm

I have to wait till torrents are uploaded cause I'm not American so I can't watch it on Nick >.>
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th December 2014, 10:17 pm

Ha, this was amazing. I wasn't expecting this at all!
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th December 2014, 11:07 pm

Addelyn wrote:
I have to wait till torrents are uploaded cause I'm not American so I can't watch it on Nick >.>
Try here.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime18th December 2014, 11:58 pm

AHHHH HH OMG :

They take a while to come up xD I eventually found some and downloaded it xD
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 5:11 am

Ok first...WHY DID I CLICK THE SPOILERS!!! I can't watch until tonight. Ugh, I hate myself right now.

Also Addy, there is an extension called Hola you can put on google chrome if you want to watch American only shows. Not that you need it for Korra anymore, but it could come in handy later
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th December 2014, 9:41 am

xD I usually just have to wait an hour or two for torrents, so it's not a big deal for me I would have waited for this morning BUT SOMEONE kind poked and prodded me lol *cough*jtc*cough* <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Korra   The Legend of Korra - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Korra

View previous topic View next topic Back to top