The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LadyShizuka
Lotus Crystal

LadyShizuka

Lotus Crystal

Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th June 2012, 9:38 pm

Ok I get the whole Ikuko was suppose to have pink hair now. Very Happy Queen Serenity also had a light purplish hair color.

I think the red eyes could be from her being Evil Very Happy haha Joking.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/LadyShizukaCosplay http://www.tumblr.com/blog/ladyshizuka http://ladyshizuka.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyJian
bunbun
Pyramidal Crystal

bunbun

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Chibi Neptune :3

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th June 2012, 6:45 am

Could it be possibly they dyed Chibiusa hair pink :scratch:
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th June 2012, 9:58 pm

Yeah, I would say it was because there were only a couple of colors to choose from when they were picking Chibi-usa's "color" and pink was the most suitable.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
shannonlovesth
Star Seed

shannonlovesth

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd July 2012, 11:02 pm

Didn't King Endymion have a purple-hue to his hair?
Purple + Blonde = Pink
Not sure if fantasy world genetics work that way but that has always been my guess ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://shannonlovesth.tumblr.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd July 2012, 1:46 am

shannonlovesth wrote:
Didn't King Endymion have a purple-hue to his hair?
Purple + Blonde = Pink
Not sure if fantasy world genetics work that way but that has always been my guess ^_^

Hahaha, yes! XD Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 1569843278
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd July 2012, 9:42 am

Joey: Hey Yugi, your hair really is crazy! What's your secret? Yugi: L'oreal, because I'm worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Iris
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Iris

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : ~GC's Official Kousagi!~~

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th July 2012, 11:56 pm

Me and a friend where talking about Ikuko-mama so I started looking for pictures of her and found this one; she has dark pink/red eyes. (:
So thought I'd share.

Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 C_ikuko
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/SenshiIris http://re-pyper.tumblr.com/ http://re-pyper.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/RePyper
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th July 2012, 12:37 am

Haha yeah, HootieMcMints mentioned that Razz However, I think maybe that was more a prototype hair color because in the manga, (I can't remember if it's just the reprints or if it's both), they color the first couple pages of the first volume and Ikuko has dark hair like she does in the anime. Perhaps it's a little hush trait that only those that looked for the reason, such as us, would know Razz
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th July 2012, 7:43 am

hints from naoko-sensei! XD it's like the Sailor Moon Code.Razz
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th June 2016, 8:32 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
PrincesseNee
Lotus Crystal

PrincesseNee

Lotus Crystal

Title : Spread the love, people! ~Lover of Inner Senshi~
Location : Where Peace, Love, and Gumdrops are! AKA My Imagination. :3

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th June 2016, 9:17 pm

Perhaps in the SM universe there are certain traits that allow for certain hair colors? Notice how the supporting and background characters tend to have hair colors that we see in the real world (brown, auburn, etc) where as the senshi have atypical hair colors. One could argue Usagi and Minako have normal hair colors as well, but compared to their peers they are already outliers in terms of hair color.

To me, I think in the case of Chibiusa, she probably carries the trait for pink hair. This could be explained two ways: the trait is recessive trait found in humanity that Usagi and Mamoru happen to posess or is a trait that is foreign/alien. 

To expand on the first point, both Mamoru and Usagi's families would have to be rare in that they carry the pink hair trait. We already see this evident in Ikuko, who is depicted to have pink hair times. For Mamoru's parents, we don't know their hair colors, so we can assume at most that they one or both them carry the pink hair trait. Luckily, Usagi and Mamoru would have the recessive trait passed down to them so that Chibiusa woukd possess the genotype and phenotype.

Now, the second point is a little more complicated, but one I feel could be possible. What if Lunarians (people from the moon kingdom) carried traits for hair colors not generally seen in humans? Perhaps its normal to see white haired or golden haired or lavender haired people. On average I believe most are white haired, but may have traits for other hair colors that are recessive. Now how this explain Mamoru? He's always been human, both in his past and current lives. I think that despite their being a supernatural influence, humans have generally averted being involved. So this likely included no admixture between other species in Silver Millenium. But Mamoru as Prince Endymion became involved with Princess Serenity, so I believe if they had had a child at that time, it probably would have had mixed traits.

This is problematic because we have to take into account of their current lives. They are human, in flesh and blood. We could argue that the families they were born into were chosen so that they could look exactly as their past selves. And in the case of Usagi, they carried a portion of their dna tha was dormant. It was only unlocked when Usagi awakened as Princess Serenity and even changed to look like her (i.e. hair length). So I dont think its impossible for Usagi to maybe have genes for pink hair that her past life also possessed, that Chibiusa later carried. Or we could mix the first idea with this one as the end result and call it day.

I like the first theory better since its more concise and less off topic, but I believe the second one offers more fun and variation. I still the second one needs work, my thoughts are a bit jumbled and there's a few loop holes. But i dunno what do you think?

Last edited by PrincesseNee on 30th June 2016, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th June 2016, 9:29 pm

Well, people of the moon weren't humans. Perhaps there were different dominant/recessive traits? I mean it could be argued that, since they were all reincarnated as humans that these traits wouldn't exist, but usagi awakens the full power of the silver crystal on multiple occasions-which could enable her to have the power of the moon in her blood return. That's what I think, anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
PrincesseNee
Lotus Crystal

PrincesseNee

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th June 2016, 11:14 am

^I'm just wondering what exactly would trigger Usagi's DNA to make such a change? Maybe when the Galaxy Cauldron had rebooted the universe, perhaps that made her next incarnation closer to that of her SilMil self. Or maybe these genetic changes occurred when she became NQS, which probably is evidenced by her hair turning white, a trait she and Princess Serenity share. 

I just had a thought, what about Mamoru? His hair turned lavender when he became King, so would that alter his own dna? Thus, affecting Chibiusa as well?
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th June 2016, 11:22 am

this is easy..she was accidentally dropped in pink cotton candy when she was a baby and they couldn't get it out...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th June 2016, 11:35 am

Probably the same explanation as to why Usagi is blonde while her mom has purple hair, her dad has black hair, and her brother has brown hair.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
PrincesseNee
Lotus Crystal

PrincesseNee

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th June 2016, 11:37 am

sportsnutd wrote:
this is easy..she was accidentally dropped in pink cotton candy when she was a baby and they couldn't get it out...
Lol probably! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th June 2016, 11:51 am

I'm gonna stick with my original answer in that Usagi once had pink hair. It was later changed but the pink was retained in Chibiusa. Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 3269465977

Spoiler:

However, I'd be on board with Cosmos-Hime's answer:

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
Well, people of the moon weren't humans. Perhaps there were different dominant/recessive traits? I mean it could be argued that, since they were all reincarnated as humans that these traits wouldn't exist, but usagi awakens the full power of the silver crystal on multiple occasions-which could enable her to have the power of the moon in her blood return. That's what I think, anyways.

Beings from other planets (aka senshi) could all have different color hair because they weren't originally from Earth.
Back to top Go down
EisakuPanda
Pyramidal Crystal

EisakuPanda

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th June 2016, 7:22 pm

Neon Genesis wrote:
Joey: Hey Yugi, your hair really is crazy!  What's your secret?  Yugi: L'oreal, because I'm worth it.

LOL Oh, now i need to rewatch the Yugioh abridged series Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 3884866259

Maybe Usagi did overdose on Pepto..... or drank too much pink lemonade???
I do like the idea that the crystal gives them kind of the "option" to make their kids have traits that they would want. Kind of like coordinators like in gundam seed!!
Back to top Go down
Kaolinite
Lotus Crystal

Kaolinite

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Kaolinite

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st July 2016, 9:05 am

The answer is obvious: Chibiusa's pink hair as well as her red, bloodshot eyes are caused by radiation of the legendary Silver Crystal. Poor Chibiusa was exposed to it as an unborn child for 9 whole months.
Another side effect is her extremly slow aging.  Everybody thinks it's odd that she is still a child after 900 years and yet everybody thinks it's because "she isn't ready to age yet"? Has nobody ever looked at it and thought "Hm maybe it's caused by the slow aging effect of the Silver Crystal?" It nearly effects the whole earth, so the effects on an unborn child should be obvious.

Poor poor Chibiusa! Usagi has questioned the Legendary Silver Crystal before, but after Chibiusa was born, it really should have gotten her thinking that the Stone is bad. But she just denies it and people who see the obvious get banished to Nemesis.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st July 2016, 9:20 am

I loooove Kaioli's theory, but I am going with hair dye for the win.
Back to top Go down
demando97
Star Seed

demando97

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd July 2016, 2:42 pm

I like to believe Chibiusa is albino. Especially given she's based off an albino rabbit.
It's the only way I could make sense of her having pink hair, unless Naoko just wanted her to stand out more next to Usagi lol
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd July 2016, 3:01 pm

^I like the albino idea too, in fact I practically accept it as canon. If you look in some manga images (like an edit I once saw on Pinterest where half of Usagi and half of Chibiusa's face were lined up next to each other, which really showed how similar they look BTW), Chibiusa's hair looks way more white then pink, backing this theory up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
demando97
Star Seed

demando97

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd July 2016, 7:33 pm

^ Yep! I'm sure it looks white because of Naoko's watercoloring style, but it feeds my headcanon so i'll ignore that. >w<

Also, I like to believe that's one of the reasons why kids in the silver millennium spread rumors about her not being Serenity and Endymion's real child.
Back to top Go down
horrayforpixies
Pyramidal Crystal

horrayforpixies

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th August 2016, 12:59 pm

ChibiUsa's Pink colour could come from the full moon in April that is called 'Pink Moon' or it's other name Tiny Moon, this explains ChibiUsa being another Moon senshi. Smile

Her eyes could represent the Blood Moon.

Genetics have no baring in manga/anime unless it's explicit mentioned in the series. 

I could be completely wrong, but going by the things Naoko used to based aspects of the series on. 
It's plausable.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th August 2016, 10:23 am

This. Is. BRILLIANT. I never had thought of that!! Yes, I subscribe to this theory 100%!! XD
Back to top Go down
Paradiso
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Serena celestial

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th September 2016, 4:09 pm

Maybe usagi's natural hair color IS pink and she wanted to be cool like sailor v so  she dyed it yellow/blonde JK Wink Wink Wink Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dollsdolls/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?    Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory: Why is Chibiusa's hair pink?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top