The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  Empty
PostSubject: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime16th October 2011, 1:09 pm

Please keep in mind that this theory/debate is for the manga only, and contains many spoilers. Smile

At the very end of the SuperS arc in the manga, Chibiusa obtains her very own Sailor Crystal; The Pink Moon Crystal. According to Diana, it had evolved from the Silver Crystal into a form more fitting for Chibiusa; in fact, in the reprint, the Crystal was completely redesigned to give it a more unique look:
(The top is the original, the bottom is the reprint)

Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  Screen29 Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  Pictur10

This transformation was, in my opinion, to distinguish that Chibiusa was not just a shadow of Sailor Moon, but a Lady and a senshi in her own right (not long afterwards, the Sailor Quartet appears to pledge their loyalty to her as her future teammates)

BUT, I feel like Chibiusa had her own Crystal all along.

Many people assume that the Silver Crystal Chibiusa uses is the future Crystal that belonged to Neo-Queen Serenity. This seems to be the case in the anime, but in the manga, it's an entirely different story together. In the anime, it's clearly shown that the Silver Crystal had been absorbed into Chibiusa's body when she held it; in the manga, it stays completely separate from her body (in fact, she carries it on a necklace along with the Key of Space-Time)

This is very important later on; See, after Prince Diamond seized the Silver Crystals of the past and future and was going to touch them together (which would destroy the world), Pluto stops time and Usagi runs to retrieve both of the crystals; she keeps one for herself (presumably the past Crystal) and gives the other to Venus.
Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  Screen30 Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  Screen31

When Pluto dies, Black Lady cries over the loss of her friend. One of these tears transforms into a brilliant Crystal, and Black Lady reverts back to Chibiusa, who transforms for the very first time into Sailor Chibi Moon.
Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  Screen32Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  Screen33

Now, going forward a few pages, we see that Venus is still holding the Silver Crystal of the future;
Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  Screen34

Venus had been holding the Crystal the entire time. Usagi had her own Crystal with her when she went to fight Death Phantom; so, where did this Crystal come from? I personally believe that this Crystal was born through Chibiusa's own power. This claim seems to be supported in later arcs; for example, Usagi telling Nehelenia that power is born, not taken.

Another bit of evidence to back this up is how the Silver Crystal bonds to it's owner; on several occasions, whenever Usagi or Chibiusa have their Crystals forcibly taken away from them, it's shown that they can't live without the Crystal they were bonded to. Take Chibiusa; when Mistress 9 stole her Silver Crystal in the Infinity Arc, Chibiusa was reduced to a comatose state and needed Mamoru's powers to keep her alive. If Neo-Queen Serenity really gave her Silver Crystal to Chibiusa, how could she still be well and alive without it? How could she defend Crystal Tokyo without it?

Well, that's all I have for now; I may add on later. I apologize if this seemed long-winded. Anyway, what do you believe?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime16th October 2011, 1:45 pm

I completely agree! Honestly, going on the manga, I don't see how you can argue that she doesn't have her own crystal, when its kinda obvious she does. It's fact! I think even in the anime, once she transforms into Chibi Moon, she gets her own crystal, its just not really shown.

I remember there was a discussion about this a while back but for the life of me, I don't remember why or how it came up. D:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime16th October 2011, 2:41 pm

Very Happy Agree!! It totally fits other theories on here too, including the Sailor Chibi Moon --> Sailor Earth!

This was really well posed! Great job with the manga support pics. d(^.^ )
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime17th October 2011, 7:18 am

This theory completely makes sense, especially for the manga. The supporting evidence and the idea behind it, I would definitely say that this is how it would happen in the manga.
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 5:03 pm

To add to this, at the end of the manga Usagi has two lights from two different stars. One in her chest and one in her belly showing Chibiusa has her own crystal^^
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 5:23 pm

Or Chibiusa has her own Starseed. Just because she has a light from her womb doesn't necessarily mean that it's a Sailor Crystal. Since everything has a Starseed, Usagi was just saying she's pregnant.

Now we the readers (and this version of the Sailor Senshi) utterly -know- she will have a Sailor Crystal. But the statement was "New star was born" meaning "New life/Star seed."
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 5:30 pm

I don't see a difference between a starseed and their senshi crystal. A senshi crystal is a senshi's starseed after all which is why USagi's starseed/senshi crystal is the Ginzuishou
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 6:33 pm

The difference is power level. But really it's separating the difference between what Usagi said and what it means. A Starseed is an essence and soul of a person. The Sailor Crystal incases that essence/Starseed (considering how all three Crystals from the Prince to both Princesses are always open) of one chosen to be a Sailor Senshi/Guardian.

Usagi said "Star" implying Starseed.

We also don't know when a Starseed achieves Sailor Crystal status or how that process works. (do the planets chose? Are they simply born, do Starseeds who are incline to be more receptive to the power become so, is it another factor? Does blood mean anything or is it meaningless?) Especially given that Queen Serenity doesn't seem to be one herself.

Chibiusa achieves Sailor Crystal status when she awakened as one in R. -shrugs- It's the matter of the words she uses.

We know chibiusa will be a Sailor Crystal carrier (not like she will know herself). Bit at the moment she's just a rather powerful Starseed but not a Sailor Crystal yet.

Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 6:54 pm

The power of a senshi crystal is born and not taken or not given which is stated in the manga. Bloodline doesn't seem to have much to do with it because Usagi's mother wasn't a senshi.

The difference between a Sailor Crystal and a starseed is that everyone has a starseed but only senshi have Sailor Crystals.

The Ginzuishou was labeled as Usagi's Senshi Crystal, so it's safe to assume that the power of a senshi comes from their souls/senshi crystals and that their power comes from these Crystals which is why Usagi uses her crystal as a source of power.

Chibiusa's starseed is a Senshi Crystal because she is a senshi. When she is conceived we see this when Usagi points it out and it's why they knew in the R saga she would become a senshi, it was just a matter of how and when her power would awaken
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 8:23 pm

I also think the Pink Moon Crystal is unique to Chibi Usa and is not simply another version of the Silver Crystal. I think the confusion stems from Queen Serenity seemingly passing on the Silver Crystal to Princess Serenity/Usagi. I think Queen Serenity must've had her very own star seed, her own sailor crystal, even if she never had to become Sailor Moon. Guardian Cosmos mentioned that long ago Queen Serenity had visited the Cauldron with a small, bright star, implied to be Princess Serenity when she was born. So maybe that's when the Silver Crystal we see throughout the series was actually created? If that's the case then either Queen Serenity had a star seed that was very similar in appearance and power to her daughter's, or she managed her daughter's crystal's powers until Princess Serenity was mature enough to use it on her own.

...that was kind of rambling, but yeah, heh tongue
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 8:28 pm

OH OH I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!!!

I just had an awesome thought! What if, Wherever Queen Serenity hailed from she was carrying the star of a dead ally or friend or even a strange star and appeared to the Cauldron because she wanted to be the mother of this start which explains why Serenity does not have a father mentioned!

lsj MY BRAIN JUST EXPLODED WITH GLEE!
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 8:23 am

I think your theory from the manga is a really good one. It makes perfect sense. And even in the anime, I think it's best to say that her crystal was her own. Okay, I could understand the Silver Crystal to be passed down with succession to the throne, I would even expect it.

But the story for Chibi Usa is that she was sent back into the past again for training. That was also the time she became Chibi Moon. Okay, so if you go with that, how would it work?

Okay, so her mother wants her to train to be a Sailor Senshi. But to be a Sailor Senshi, with the uniform and the magic powers, so on and so forth, that requires a source of magical power, basically a magic crystal.

Now her mother could give her the Silver Crystal. It's basically hers after all. But that's got two problems:

1. Serenity is using it right now.

2. If the past crystal and future crystal touch, there goes a time paradox. I mean Chibi Usa could be very careful, and as responsible as possible, she could. But accidents can still happen despite best efforts, and that's a big risk. I don't know if the anime played on that angle like the manga, but it's still a possibility.

The solution would be for Chibi Usa to have her own crystal. In the anime, Serenity could have helped grow the Pink Moon Crystal just for her daughter. It's a variation of the original, and probably not as powerful. In fact, you could say that the Pink Moon Crystal could be a daughter crystal of the Silver one. That way Chibi Usa has her own powers, though this could explain why they didn't always work so well. The crystal is probably still... experimental.

Of course all that doesn't account for the Stars continuity, but I didn't watch that, and that's just my initial thoughts about the anime.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 8:36 am

Well in the anime, Chibiusa didn't have her own crystal, in fact all the senshi got kind of ripped on their senshi crystals, they were simply called special star seeds. In the manga, Chibiusa has her very own crystal born from her tear in the manga and it's not a variation or anything of the silver crystal but her very own. 

The anime kind of contradicted itself when in the StarS saga it made Usagi's starseed the silver crystal but gave Chibiusa the future silver crystal because in the anime she really does hold the future silver crystal which is different from the manga where she gets her own once she becomes a senshi.
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 8:46 am

Ah. Well anyway, as far as the anime is concerned, it would just be a cleaner solution to make her crystal a new one for training purposes, at least if they didn't have a scene like in the manga. And it would kind of heartwarming I guess, if Chibi Usa had her own crystal born out of her mother's. A daughter crystal for Serenity's daughter.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 8:49 am

I agree they should have done that, I've used that idea in my fanfictions^^

Maybe the new anime will do something like that.
Back to top Go down
SailorRubyStar
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorRubyStar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Book Addict of Fictional Books

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 9:14 am

I think Chibiusa has her own crystal. I don't think its the daughter crystal of the silver crystal. I think that the night before the marriage of Usagi and Mamoru, usagi had a dream and she picked out chibiusa's crystal, like usagi serenity mother did. I also think that Usagi grabbed the second strongest crystal without knowing it. If usagi is the stongest and most shining star, as it says in the manga, then she has completely taken that role, and the silver crystal is no longer past down, as she is the one who uses it best, and it lends it s power to her freely, not like before. Thus, chibiusa is the second strongest senshi, as the earth and moon together seem to be quite formidable, the moon especially.
Back to top Go down
https://www/quotev.com/hidingintherestroom
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal    Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory: The Pink Moon Crystal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top