The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

[Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from? Empty
PostSubject: [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from?   [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from? I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 10:17 am

So in the Dream arc in the manga, Queen Nehelenia mentions that Queen Serenity is not originally from the moon. Which means that the Silver Crystal is not originally from Earth either. So where did the Silver Crystal originally come from and why exactly is it so powerful? Could it's original place of origin be an explanation as to why it's so powerful compared to other star seeds? Does it actually have a plant/star/moon that it's the star seed of? While each of the senshi have their crystals named after their respective planets (Mars Crystal, Mercury Crystal, etc.) the Silver Crystal does not.

Since we know that it's not from the moon, why can Sailor Moon draw power from the moon then? Is it possible that the Silver Crystal is a star seed that is a manifestation of Cosmos (basically the 'light') that balances out Chaos (the 'darkness'. I would assume that since Chaos eventually becomes Sailor Chaos, it has a Chaos Crystal or 'Black' Crystal.) and essentially doesn't 'belong' to any one planet/moon/star/etc and can draw energy/power from any living being the current wielder chooses to sustain itself? (For Sailor Moon, that object would be the moon).

Sorry for all the questions at once!  [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from? 3978041997
Back to top Go down
PrincesseNee
Lotus Crystal

PrincesseNee

Lotus Crystal

Title : Spread the love, people! ~Lover of Inner Senshi~
Location : Where Peace, Love, and Gumdrops are! AKA My Imagination. :3

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from?   [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from? I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 10:25 am

Perhaps the Silver Crystal is anomaly in itself, meaning that yes it does have similar characteristics to that of star seeds but is separate entity from its user as well. 

As for it's origins, (and this is purely headcanon/speculation on my part) I believe that the Silver Crystal must have originated from the cauldron itself, perhaps existing since the universe's inception. Though at its beginning, the crystal was merely light itself, and as you said, an opposing force to chaos. At some point in history, there may have been an intelligent race of beings that were able to capture this essence and condense it into a crystal. I think that intelligent race may have been from the Pleiades, as they have similar characteristics to Queen Serenity (light hair and skin). They stood for similar ideals (light, love, and peace) to that of the moon kingdom, and had liked exploration of other celestial bodies in the universe. Later on, they may have dared to discover light itself and wanted to find ways to use it practically. Maybe Queen Serenity was involved in its creation and eventually left her planet in fear of the object getting into the wrong hands? Or maybe she simply discovered it after elders on her planet had created the crystal and hidden it.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from?   [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from? I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 10:44 am

I wonder if Queen Serenity did something to bound the crystal to the Moon? It may also be that because Usagi is a reborn person who was born of the Moon, she is able to draw power from it, to help bolster her Crystal. 

It's interesting to think about where the Queen got the crystal and where it is from. We've never seen another crystal be wielded by someone only to be passed to their daughter. Even Chibiusa got her own Crystal, not being able to use her mothers.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from?   [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from? I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 10:55 am

The Silver Crystal is then officially called the Silver Moon Crystal, so it kind of is eventually named after its "planet" too.

But yeah, I think it's not originally from the moon. It's probably the most powerful because of its uniqueness (able to be wielded outside the body, not actually someone's star seed, etc - you could argue that it eventually became Usagi's, but in the beginning it clearly wasn't as it was attached to the Moon Stick and wielded by Queen Serenity as well).
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from?   [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from? I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 12:24 pm

My idea is flexible, and depends on weather or not queen serenity was the very first ruler. I can see it being passed down from generation after generation, though given what ideas we're given in the stars arc, I have a bit of an idea that it might have the concentrated power of the galaxy within it; perhaps left over from the big bang.

Either that or it's just the star seed of the royal moon family, but that seems a bit more boring.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
PrincesseNee
Lotus Crystal

PrincesseNee

Lotus Crystal

Title : Spread the love, people! ~Lover of Inner Senshi~
Location : Where Peace, Love, and Gumdrops are! AKA My Imagination. :3

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from?   [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from? I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 12:36 pm

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
My idea is flexible, and depends on weather or not queen serenity was the very first ruler. I can see it being passed down from generation after generation, though given what ideas we're given in the stars arc, I have a bit of an idea that it might have the concentrated power of the galaxy within it; perhaps left over from the big bang.

Either that or it's just the star seed of the royal moon family, but that seems a bit more boring.
The big bang could be a possibility, I'm just trying to pinpoint if the Silver Crystal was in its actual form at the beginning of the universe or if it was simply a force that later condensed into crystalline form. 

Another, but rather farfetched theory, was that the crystal could have been the singularity itself at the formation of the universe, thus explaining why its so powerful. It could also explain as to why the crystal can be wielded by both good and evil, since the big bang created everything in duality.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from?   [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from? I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 12:54 pm

^It could have gone either way, though if it was a force that was later condensed into a physical crystal form, someone would have had to have done something to capture it, so to speak. The moon family
could have been the one to do it, if that were the case.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from?   [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from? I_icon_minitime20th April 2016, 6:08 am

What's interesting about the whole thing is the core: it's the silver moon crystal. Why is the moon special? It's a satellite to Earth. Jupiter has many moons. Other planets have many moons. 

I've posted this question many moons ago (Razz) and I still stand by the thought: what if Serenity is a deity? She's obviously not just an ordinary girl nor an ordinary princess. There's a reason why the entire galaxy wants to guard Usagi. And the moon isn't anything special (sorry, it's not). So if Serenity was some form of deity then that means the silver crystal is like some...godly object (which, it is, really). Looking to mythos in real life, gods and goddesses usually have an object (or two) associated with them and are probably all powerful. So maybe Serenity just took a stroll to the Galaxy Cauldron and since she's a deity and she crafted it, we now have a godly item. 

Or maybe the silver crystal is the embodiment of pure light. I won't say goodness because if it were pure goodness, the baddies that wanted it so badly wouldn't be able to use it because it's good. Light is not synonymous with good. Light can be used for evil. So if the crystal is pure light, maybe it's drawn to someone that is also pure light. Or maybe Serenity/Usagi is the crystal personified...or pure light personified...

I feel like I'm getting ahead of myself here and just rambling - sorry!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from?   [Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theory] Where did the Silver Crystal come from?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top