The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Theory: The Luna Theory

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Theory: The Luna Theory Empty
PostSubject: Theory: The Luna Theory   Theory: The Luna Theory I_icon_minitime24th June 2011, 8:40 pm

So, I'm reading the Manga and it occurs to me (that I also saw it in the Anime) why is it that when Luna's moon is covered she cannot see well, talk, or really do much of anything? What is it about her crescent moon that makes her who she is?

One theory (ok, my theory) is that it's her power source. Sailor Moon has her brooch, the Scouts have their pens... Luna and Artemis have their crescent moons. I bet if you were to draw out their star seeds, you'd end up with that moon on their head. It's the special magic bestowed upon them by Queen Serenity (and whoever was before her) that allows them to remember everything, talk, perform fantastic flips (which produce amazing party favors), and generally do those things that Luna and Artemis do.

What do you all think? Also, why doesn't Usagi (Serena) ever cover up Luna's crescent moon symbol whenever she gets frustrated or annoyed with her? You could claim it's because Serena is a benevolent being of good... but I've seen how she treated Rini and Sammy....
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Luna Theory   Theory: The Luna Theory I_icon_minitime24th June 2011, 8:49 pm

Here's something interesting in the manga;

In Stars, Sailor Tin Nyanko injures the cats;
Theory: The Luna Theory Screen12
Theory: The Luna Theory Screen13
Theory: The Luna Theory Screen14

I also believe its' their power source.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Luna Theory   Theory: The Luna Theory I_icon_minitime24th June 2011, 9:12 pm

It is their power source. It's kind of obvious if you ask me. What I'd like to know about them is more about their planet of origin, Mau. Is there a reason they chose to have cat forms? If they are from Mau and were guardians bestowed upon the Senshi by Serenity, does this suggest maybe Serenity came from Mau with Luna and Artemis as followers of hers, or guardians. They are there in the Moon Kingdom but they are in cat form. Why chose to be in cat form if you have a human form? Maybe Mau is really the planet of cats? Lol.

I really wish there was more background on Luna and Artemis. I also think itd be fun if Naoko made a little side stories on what happened to Luna before she met Usagi on present day Earth. How long was she awake until she met Usagi? Same goes for Artemis, etc. It would be a fun thing to play with for a fanfic or fancomic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Luna Theory   Theory: The Luna Theory I_icon_minitime24th June 2011, 9:26 pm

Do you learn about Mau in the manga? I'm not there yet! I have so much to learn!!!!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Luna Theory   Theory: The Luna Theory I_icon_minitime24th June 2011, 9:45 pm

XPushingOBorders wrote:
Do you learn about Mau in the manga? I'm not there yet! I have so much to learn!!!!

Oh yeah, that's in the manga by the Stars arc. Read it quick! Its soooo good. <3
Back to top Go down
Hana-ko
Pyramidal Crystal

Hana-ko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : give a sailor yell!

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Luna Theory   Theory: The Luna Theory I_icon_minitime5th July 2011, 2:49 am

Brit-chan wrote:
It is their power source. It's kind of obvious if you ask me. What I'd like to know about them is more about their planet of origin, Mau. Is there a reason they chose to have cat forms? If they are from Mau and were guardians bestowed upon the Senshi by Serenity, does this suggest maybe Serenity came from Mau with Luna and Artemis as followers of hers, or guardians. They are there in the Moon Kingdom but they are in cat form. Why chose to be in cat form if you have a human form? Maybe Mau is really the planet of cats? Lol.

I really wish there was more background on Luna and Artemis. I also think itd be fun if Naoko made a little side stories on what happened to Luna before she met Usagi on present day Earth. How long was she awake until she met Usagi? Same goes for Artemis, etc. It would be a fun thing to play with for a fanfic or fancomic.

OMG. I had that SAME thought earlier! it'd fit why nehelenia says that to the queen in the manga.

as for the crescent mark on the kitties heads, I believe it is their way to communicate without being in their human forms. as to why they are cats, idk. they never really got much in depth with their characters which is sad. I'd like to see something, at cosmos said, made for them as a side story. also sailor tin nyanko claims to be from the same planet, Mau, but she's not a cat. also, she is a sailor annimate, so that means there was a sailor mau. C:

http://wikimoon.org/index.php?title=Mau

there's really nothing about their home planet, but it does prove that there was a sailor senshi for that planet before nyanko.
Back to top Go down
http://ai-no-hana.tumblr.com/
Niveouslily
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : All the wrong shades, on the right page

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Luna Theory   Theory: The Luna Theory I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 1:57 pm

I think they stay in their cat form because:
1. They have cats ears anyways so that won`t blend in the crown lol
2. Energy. In Pretty Cure some of the mascots in the earlier seasons stayed in a cellphone form because being in their real form on earth was energy draining. The cats turn into humans when some great amount of energy released or is given to them, like when Usagi helped Luna or when Venus turned into a Super. So this may be a reason too.

I also think the have the mark because they became part of the Moon Kingdom and the queen gave them so other powers and sealed them in their marks to keep it "safe", like when Usagi`s and Chibiusa`s real great power is released when they are in Sailor form or in danger and only then their mark shows.
Back to top Go down
http://pinksugarheart.tumblr.com
Halfpixieman
Lotus Crystal

Halfpixieman

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Luna Theory   Theory: The Luna Theory I_icon_minitime29th November 2011, 6:46 pm

Mau = Miaow. Lol. Sorry, immature.

I'm so excited to read the entire manga to learn about this! I love Luna and Artemis!

As for the energy stored in the crescent moon that controls their strength and memory. All I could think of was Sailor Moon R when Luna reawakens Sailor Moon and you can see her crescent moon for that time while she remembers everything. Does someone have that screen cap? I can't find it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Luna Theory   Theory: The Luna Theory I_icon_minitime29th November 2011, 7:20 pm

I'm not sure how much this would affect the cats' decision to stay as cats (rather than humans), but (if I remember correctly) it was awhile before the cats realized/remembered that they could transform into humans. Perhaps after staying in a cat body for so long, it was awkward to be a human?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Luna Theory   Theory: The Luna Theory I_icon_minitime29th November 2011, 8:55 pm

Sailor Venus wrote:
I'm not sure how much this would affect the cats' decision to stay as cats (rather than humans), but (if I remember correctly) it was awhile before the cats realized/remembered that they could transform into humans. Perhaps after staying in a cat body for so long, it was awkward to be a human?

Well, there was the fact that many of their memories had been sealed away when Queen Serenity sent everyone to the future. that may have done it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The Luna Theory   Theory: The Luna Theory I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory: The Luna Theory

View previous topic View next topic Back to top