The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3

Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? Empty
PostSubject: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime10th October 2012, 1:20 pm

Hi Moonies I've always wondered and never understood why if Luna has the power to return Usagi and the other Senshi's memories in the begining of Season 2 why doesnt she return Mamoru's memory as well. We all know that he created an alter ego who was The Moonlight Night to protect Usagi from danger we knew that somewhere in his mind he still remembered some of his past so thats why he created him but I never understood why Luna never returned his memories. Everyone knew he was Prince Darien and Usagi's lover so why not return his memories to instead of waiting like 12 episode's so he could rememeber everything on his own.

Im curious to know your thoughts,theories my fellow moonies ??

Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? 1805429032

Last edited by SerenaChiba630 on 12th October 2012, 6:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime10th October 2012, 1:24 pm

Mamoru isn't a Sailor Soldier so maybe Luna only knew how to restore the memories of the Soldiers. Maybe the people of the moon have different minds from the people of the Earth or something?
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime10th October 2012, 1:29 pm

Neon Genesis wrote:
Mamoru isn't a Sailor Soldier so maybe Luna only knew how to restore the memories of the Soldiers. Maybe the people of the moon have different minds from the people of the Earth or something?

Im confuse tho isnt he the senshi of the earth though ??? The other senshi's arent part of the moon kingdom they are there to protect Usagi.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime10th October 2012, 2:07 pm

Well, technically he's the solider of Earth, but only women can be sailor soldiers. It's probably a plot hole. The writers probably wanted make Mamoru not remember to add to the story arc.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime10th October 2012, 6:55 pm

SerenaChiba630 wrote:

Im confuse tho isnt he the senshi of the earth though ??? The other senshi's arent part of the moon kingdom they are there to protect Usagi.
Mamoru has a Sailor Crystal but he's not a Soldier like the Inners are. The people of the Moon Kingdom had lived longer lives than the people of the Earth so we already know people of the Moon have a different biology to their bodies than people of the Earth in that regard so it wouldn't surprise me that they would have different brain wiring.
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime10th October 2012, 7:03 pm

@Neon Genesis I really never thought about that so you think that's the reason why Mamoru's memories weren't restore but like I said before why are the other senshi's memories restore if they aren't from the moon kingdom there just there to protect Princess Serena
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime11th October 2012, 7:29 am

Because she is an obvious troll.

Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? 2071065468
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime11th October 2012, 11:55 am

IMO, she could restore girls' memories, because she was their mentor, with the mission of awaking and training them. Mamoru wasn't under her command so she couldn't do this with him.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime11th October 2012, 1:39 pm

Moonlight Lady wrote:
IMO, she could restore girls' memories, because she was their mentor, with the mission of awaking and training them. Mamoru wasn't under her command so she couldn't do this with him.

Ah yess your right i dont know why I always thought Luna had the power to restore Mamoru's Memories , when she couldn't because first he didnt come from the Moon Kingdom and second like you said she could only restore the girls memories

@Sailor Jupiter Hahaha she was a troll Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime11th October 2012, 1:41 pm

Because he's not from the Moon Kingdom. Luna and him really have nothing to do with each other.
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime11th October 2012, 1:44 pm

Lust wrote:
Because he's not from the Moon Kingdom. Luna and him really have nothing to do with each other.

Haha Yea it took mi a while to figure out he wasnt from the Moon Kingdom I always thought he was because Usagi and him were together
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime11th October 2012, 4:25 pm

SerenaChiba630 wrote:
Lust wrote:

Haha Yea it took mi a while to figure out he wasnt from the Moon Kingdom I always thought he was because Usagi and him were together

Seems like you need some Sailor Moon reading and catching up to do! :3 Have you read the manga and/or seen the liveaction? They make some things about the Moon Kingdom more clear (and sometimes not as clear) in comparison to the anime. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime11th October 2012, 5:13 pm

I know he isn't exactly from the moon he's the prince of earth but I thought because he was Usagi's lover Luna would restore his memory as well and No Small lady Ive never seen the live action but read some of the manga not all
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime11th October 2012, 5:18 pm

read it all!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy *turns this into a read all the manga and watch all the PGSM and myu thread*

just kidding. Razz Though it was a good question. I never really thought it was odd so I guess it never came to wonder about it. I wish the anime was more clear on some things like that because at times it seems like they do things just to be like "because reasons". :/
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime11th October 2012, 5:58 pm

Haha ok that will be my Hw read all the manga and watch PGSM Smile and yea like I would watch the anime over and over and I would ask myself why wouldn't Luna restore Mamoru's memory if she knows he's Usagi's Lover The anime leaves us Moonies with so many questions it's never clear like remember Setsuna dying in the third season and then being reborn again in stars Like how was that possible
Back to top Go down
Princess Clarity
Star Seed

Princess Clarity

Star Seed

Title : Magnificent Being

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime11th October 2012, 7:21 pm

I'm not sure that Luna would have the power to do that, but if she did she probably wouldn't anyways haha. He would be too much of a distraction of Sailor Moon.

Plus it could be an opportunity for Sailor Moon to toughen up and focus on what matters - while having faith he will come to love her again in time Very Happy

To your credit Sailor Moon seems to think Luna has the power to do it too I think Razz
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime12th October 2012, 1:05 pm

Princess Clarity wrote:
I'm not sure that Luna would have the power to do that, but if she did she probably wouldn't anyways haha. He would be too much of a distraction of Sailor Moon.

Plus it could be an opportunity for Sailor Moon to toughen up and focus on what matters - while having faith he will come to love her again in time Very Happy

To your credit Sailor Moon seems to think Luna has the power to do it too I think Razz

Haha I know Mamoru would defintely distract Usagi from school but I never liked the fact that he didnt regain his memories till episode 53. I felt so bad when Usagi got close to him and he would think she was crazy and push her away how sad Sad , I also didnt like the fact that he went on a date wit Ann :/

Hehe mi and Usagi think alike Smile

Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime12th October 2012, 1:13 pm

I actually liked that he didn't have his memories during that time. There were many MamoruxUsagi moments that were good for the "they like each other NOT because of destiny". Also, the finale of that Makaijuu Arc is just wonderful with the way that even Mamoru doesn't really know who he is, he has still fallen in love with Usagi.
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime12th October 2012, 1:22 pm

Small Lady wrote:
I actually liked that he didn't have his memories during that time. There were many MamoruxUsagi moments that were good for the "they like each other NOT because of destiny". Also, the finale of that Makaijuu Arc is just wonderful with the way that even Mamoru doesn't really know who he is, he has still fallen in love with Usagi.

I just didnt like the fact that Ann would be alll over him and Mamoru wouldn't really do anything about if he did have his memories back that would be different because he would push her away like he did to Fish eye but It was cute how at the end he would fall in love with Usagi again without restoring his memories back that just shows that he doesnt need anyone to restore his memories. There just meant to be Smile
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime12th October 2012, 1:43 pm

It's been a while since I watched that arc, but if I remember correctly, he seem a little weirded out by Ann at times (and at first Usagi, but you see them slowly become friends over time).
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime12th October 2012, 2:00 pm

Ahh you should defintely rewatch it again and tell me he doesnt seem slightly interested in Ann
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime12th October 2012, 2:03 pm

Well...we're working our way there with the live stream anime rewatch. We're just past half way done with the first season. Very Happy

Subliminal messaging: jooooiiinnn ussssss....
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime12th October 2012, 2:16 pm

Omg really can I join to where can I watch it ?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime12th October 2012, 2:22 pm

Sure! Check this thread for updates: http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t2043-galaxy-cauldron-sailor-moon-livestream-thread-updated-for-next-week

We can even add you to the PM list cause we occasionally send out reminders. :3
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime12th October 2012, 2:55 pm

Can you please add mi on the PM List Small Lady thank you
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime13th October 2012, 1:23 pm

SerenaChiba630 wrote:
Small Lady wrote:

I just didnt like the fact that Ann would be alll over him and Mamoru wouldn't really do anything about if he did have his memories back that would be different because he would push her away like he did to Fish eye but It was cute how at the end he would fall in love with Usagi again without restoring his memories back that just shows that he doesnt need anyone to restore his memories. There just meant to be Smile

But Mamoru did push Ann away and he brutally told her one cannot win love be force. And then he ran after Usagi so she wouldn't get lost (but somehow he didn't care much to reunite with their group Wink). And then Usagi was a stranger whom he met a few times and who showed hom some strange pictures.

Later, when Ann learnt to control her pushiness, Mamoru also got nicer to her, but he also IMO always clearly showed preference for Usagi.

And yes, the idea is that he fell for her again, without memories Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? 1805429032
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime13th October 2012, 2:03 pm

I've always assumed it's because Luna only has the power to do that to members of the Silver Millennium. Endymion (Mamoru) was never a part of that because of Earth's decision to remain independent; therefore, Luna couldn't restore his memories.

(Also plot convenience XD)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime13th October 2012, 3:28 pm

Moonlight Lady wrote:
SerenaChiba630 wrote:
Small Lady wrote:

But Mamoru did push Ann away and he brutally told her one cannot win love be force. And then he ran after Usagi so she wouldn't get lost (but somehow he didn't care much to reunite with their group Wink). And then Usagi was a stranger whom he met a few times and who showed hom some strange pictures.

Later, when Ann learnt to control her pushiness, Mamoru also got nicer to her, but he also IMO always clearly showed preference for Usagi.

And yes, the idea is that he fell for her again, without memories Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? 1805429032

Remember the episode where Usagi saw Mmaoru having Lunch with Ann it kinda seem to mi that he was enjoying her company

Yea he did show more preference for Usagi but he did enjoyed Ann's company and Oh yes you see so many people believe that Mamoru and Usagi are together because of there past and thats why they would fall in love over and over but I believe even if they weren't soulmates they would be together He didnt need his memories to fall in love with Usagi. He fell in love again because he Saw how much she Loved him and would risk her life to protect him.

Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime13th October 2012, 3:32 pm

Sailor Cosmos wrote:
I've always assumed it's because Luna only has the power to do that to members of the Silver Millennium. Endymion (Mamoru) was never a part of that because of Earth's decision to remain independent; therefore, Luna couldn't restore his memories.

(Also plot convenience XD)

So the scouts were part of the moon kingdom as well they were only there to protect the Princess but they werent part of there thought... I believe like many say Luna had the power to restore Female memories only
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime13th October 2012, 5:20 pm

They were from their respective planets, but I believe they were considered to be part of the "White Moon", Endymion wasn't officially included into the White Moon until Crystal Tokyo when he married Usagi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?   Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory: Why Didnt Luna restore Mamoru's memory in season 2?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top