The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Non trashy TV shows!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th November 2011, 2:28 pm

Yay for fellow Daria fans! I've only met one other person at school who knows of / likes this show. Until now, that is. Wink I'm definitely asking for the Daria dvd for Christmas.

I also watch Murdoch Mysteries (Canadian show) and The Big Bang Theory (although I've missed a couple of episodes). I watched Desperate Housewives when I was in Iran since they aired it everyday and it was really good. Hopefully I can pick up a boxed set and watch the rest of the episodes. ^^ I like Suburgatory, too. And Once Upon a Time looks pretty good but I haven't gotten around to watching it, yet.

Amaranta - A fellow HA! fan, I see? I still love that show after all this time. I think it's one of the best cartoons ever, haha. And I used to love Doug but it's been forever since I've watched that show..
Back to top Go down
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lady Claudia of Crystal Tokyo

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th November 2011, 10:49 pm

Amaranta wrote:
Community is my recently found TV love. It's so hilariously random and meta! The characters are awesome and clinically insane and I'm sucker for absurd humor, so yeah /excited.

YES YES YES. Community is my love, along with Parks and Recreation. Both some hilariously awesome NBC shows. They're so underrated though! I wish more people would get into them!

Another favorite of mine is Modern Family. As you can tell, I'm really into comedies! haha
Back to top Go down
http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://claujowrites.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/monkeejr?feature=mhee
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 7:37 pm

Well, I've been seeing "The Walking Dead" everywhere lately ... I'm pretty new to survival horror, but I have seen the first episode just now. It was pretty good, aside from the start of it. (Regarding the unending silence of the hospital.) About halfway through the episode, though, it really started to pick up.

I was upset that they killed his horse, though. An ugly roan appy, but but he barely had it for five minutes. ^_^"

I plan on finishing episode 2 tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

Title : Resident Time Lady

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 8:07 pm

Oooh TV shows! Unfortunately some of the TV shows I love got canceled (which always seems to happen to me TT) but some are still around!

I do watch a bit of British TV thanks to BBC America, so I have some favorites from there. Doctor Who for sure! Just don't get me started on series 6. Torchwood too, but not so much Miracle Day. Outnumbered is another good one and anything with Gordon Ramsey (as long as it's the UK version). Waiting for State of Play (yay John Simm!) to come on and need to actually finish Whitechappel one of these days.

Then there's the Walking Dead which is just awesome and totally a shame they're on hiatus until February. I also have a weakness for some reality TV and my favorite of those is Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.

As for cancelled shows, my favorite was V. I did these nice live chats with other fans and we all really got into discussing the episode and ragging on it too.
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 9:09 pm

innocentvenus wrote:
I do watch a bit of British TV thanks to BBC America, so I have some favorites from there. Doctor Who for sure! Just don't get me started on series 6.

I wonder if you feel the same way I do!
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 11:06 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
innocentvenus wrote:
I do watch a bit of British TV thanks to BBC America, so I have some favorites from there. Doctor Who for sure! Just don't get me started on series 6.

I wonder if you feel the same way I do!

If it's how Moffat is arrogant and his writing is all misogynistic...then yes! :lolz: The man still can't get over how Tennant is still the favorite (next to Tom Baker of course).
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd December 2011, 11:27 am

Warning: My response will be fairly spoilerish if you have not watched Doctor Who, especially the new season, so I will put this behind a spoiler cut.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd December 2011, 1:44 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
Warning: My response will be fairly spoilerish if you have not watched Doctor Who, especially the new season, so I will put this behind a spoiler cut.

[/spoiler]

I'll use spoiler tags too just in case people haven't seen Doctor Who. Haha, spoilers!

Spoiler:

Sorry if it's really long winded! I've had this discussion before but I just love having it. Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 4033448464
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd December 2011, 8:50 pm

innocentvenus wrote:
Brit-chan wrote:

[/spoiler]

I'll use spoiler tags too just in case people haven't seen Doctor Who. Haha, spoilers!

Spoiler:

Sorry if it's really long winded! I've had this discussion before but I just love having it. Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 4033448464

Ah! You brought up some good points and things I haven't really noticed or just forgot about so I can def agree on a lot of this. Also pardon my ignorance when it comes to Classic Who because i have yet to really watch much of Classic Who.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd December 2011, 9:22 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
innocentvenus wrote:
Brit-chan wrote:

[/spoiler]

Spoiler:

Ah! You brought up some good points and things I haven't really noticed or just forgot about so I can def agree on a lot of this. Also pardon my ignorance when it comes to Classic Who because i have yet to really watch much of Classic Who.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Also it's totally alright about not knowing much about Classic Who! I really just really started watching it myself. I just had to do a bunch of reading on it because I'm in a few livejournal roleplay games with Doctor Who characters. Their players are really nice and helpful on the info. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd December 2011, 10:01 pm

innocentvenus wrote:
Spoiler:

Also it's totally alright about not knowing much about Classic Who! I really just really started watching it myself. I just had to do a bunch of reading on it because I'm in a few livejournal roleplay games with Doctor Who characters. Their players are really nice and helpful on the info. Very Happy

Ugh well isn't that a bunch of poo. I was totally fine with the Tardis changes and new screwdriver (and i am a fan of the new theme too as much as i liked the one from the previous seasons. Ok i like them all equally XD) and all. I mean, the Tardis as changed in the past (but i never looked up how or why other than production changes). But meh. I like the Angels, but yeah. yeaah i agree with you on everything. XD
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th December 2011, 6:41 pm

It might be really old, but I love I Love Lucy. She's freakin' hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wOSdddO1Mk
Back to top Go down
HanakoHeals
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th December 2011, 10:22 pm

It's cool to see a bunch of Walking Dead fans here. My best friend and I were talking about the last episode on the BART the other night and accidentally spoiled it for the lady sitting next to me. I felt so bad!

I told myself I would never become a gleek, but of course, I got into it. <3 Glee.

I'm also watching Grey's Anatomy...and House. Hey! House used to be really good!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th December 2011, 10:23 pm

OH MAN, I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE "I Love Lucy". I watched it almost every night on Nick at Nite. Lucille Ball was an amazing actress and hilarious. XD
Back to top Go down
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Kitty-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th December 2011, 2:35 pm

I love watching Doctor Who, Desperate Housewives, Mad Men, The Walking Dead, and the Conan O' Brian show.
Back to top Go down
http://kittycmoon.tumblr.com/
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th December 2011, 1:31 pm

I have heard so much about The Walking Dead! It sounds like a really solid show. I am hesitant to start it though because I never have very much time during school and I already have two shows that I am very invested in. ^^

Anyone a Dexter fan? To me, this will always be the best TV show that I have ever come upon. I go through phases of watching it and then falling in love with a different show (TVD, ahem ^^) but Dexter will always be that long lasting show that I will forever adore. Whenever I watch it I always become riveted in the same fashion as when I first started watching it. It's that good. The characters and storyline is just incredible, the acting is wonderful and I really like the OST as well.

Also, anyone know of Jericho? It used to be on SciFi but was cancelled after its second season. From what I have heard from Walking Dead fans, they both have a similar feel to their shows, although the storylines are completely different. Anyway, that was a fantastic solid and non-trashy tv show. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Kitty-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd December 2011, 2:23 pm

You can catch up now, they wont be back until February 12th and the last episode before the holiday break was sooooo gooood. I was like "AAHHHHH"
Back to top Go down
http://kittycmoon.tumblr.com/
Lady Orion
Lotus Crystal

Lady Orion

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Ami (PGSM)

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2012, 10:37 am

When I watch TV its usually the following

1. CSI
2. Charmed
3. School Spirits
4. Ghost Whisper
5. Chopped
6. Kitchen Impossible
7. Ancient Aliens
8. Unsolved Mystery
9. Walking Dead
10. Dr. Who
Back to top Go down
Regno Monarch
Star Seed

Regno Monarch

Star Seed

Title : Resident Evil Dictator

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th August 2012, 7:19 am

I enjoy crime shows, such as CSI, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Law & Order, The Mentalist, etc. but as I have no TV access at the moment I'm very behind on them all. I'll have to try to catch up once I can watch TV again.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th August 2012, 9:45 am

I don't know what your internet access is like, but if you can get it Netflix has lots of TV shows on their streaming and Hulu has lots of TV shows to watch for free on their website. I dunno if any of those are on there, but thats how I watch a lot of TV since I can't afford cable.
Back to top Go down
Regno Monarch
Star Seed

Regno Monarch

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th August 2012, 8:49 am

Right now my only internet access is at the library, so watching via internet is out of the question for now. I have to wait until I have my own computer again for that.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th August 2012, 10:22 am

I know a lot of libraries either have headphones or if you want buy a $5 pair of earbuds to use. I've seen people at the public library use the computers just for doing those things, like watching youtube, etc.
Back to top Go down
Regno Monarch
Star Seed

Regno Monarch

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2012, 6:55 am

Youtube and such are filtered here, though. It's a library at a Christian University, so they filter just about everything -_- .
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd August 2012, 6:46 am

you might want to check out your local public library thats not affiliated with the university, if its not too far for ya.

Anyway, right now I haven't really been watching much. I started watching Jem on netflix since its there, but i haven't had anything really interest me lately. :/ So I dunno what else i could add to shows I like right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non trashy TV shows!   Non trashy TV shows! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non trashy TV shows!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top