The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 2:36 pm

Hey!! I'm a big fan Avatar and I was wondering if anyone one on here are fans as well. Today I just watched a trailer of the sequel: Avatar: The Legend of Korra. It's looks amazing!! I hope it's just as good as the original.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 5:42 pm

I love this series! I've only seen it beginning to end once, although I'm considering rewatching it soon. Seeing as I usually don't have a One True Ship, I also support both the canon and a fan-preferred-pairing (Kataang and Zutara), for different reasons. Yay for flexibility.

Who is your favorite character? I personally love Iroh. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 5:55 pm

Oh, I have watched this show so many times, but I fully watched the series once. I just watch random episodes or I'll finish a book. Oh, the shipping. I remember how fierce the shipping wars were. I'm not big fan of Katanng. I prefer Zutara. Though I love how the writers did let the viewers know what was cannon until the last episode. My favorite character is Zuko, but I love Sokka so much! And I love Iroh too! I think I love them all!! Expect for Zuko's father.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 6:00 pm

*Nods* I understand how you feel about Kataang. It's good fluff and "feel-good" fanfictions in the fandom, but Zutara is - by far - more engaging.

But I honestly love how Iroh acts like a bumbling old man until he pulls out a can of whoop-arse, XD. Family sized helping, usually. (Remember that one episode where Iroh was soaking in the spring and he got 'captured'? Hehe.)
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 6:06 pm

Lol that's what I loved about Iroh. I remember the episode where he lost his Lotus title and when he told Zuko he had it the whole time, Zuko throws a fit and smacks it out of hand. XD

Yeah, the fluff thing with Katanng. Usually I love fluff, but not with them. I don't know why I just don't. I was upset at the end when they were offical, but I accept it and moved on. It's just a TV show. I can't believe fans fight over pairings. I'll never understand it.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 6:10 pm

Haha, yes. Iroh is made of epic. Very Happy

Mmmhmm ... Ship-to-Ship combat is honestly just extra stress people don't need. And, honestly, different pairings are usually liked for different reasons. Heck, even with my own characters I have multiple ships. ^_^"
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 6:17 pm

Yeah, I respect all ships even if I don't like them or understand them.
Back to top Go down
Cait
Star Seed

Cait

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 6:47 pm

I absolutely love A:TLA. I'm looking forward to Korra as a continuation. Toph had to be my favorite character. Though if I could pick what element I could bend, it'd be water. So versatile.

When it comes to shipping, I'll always and forever be a diehard Zutara, but I don't involve myself in the shipping wars. It's just too emotionally and time consuming. In the end, no one's going to be more right than anyone else. Even though Kataang and Maiko was end game, people will still argue which seems really foolish. Even for me and what I ship.
Back to top Go down
http://burnthestatic.tumblr.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 6:54 pm

People still fight over it? Wow. I remember when the show was airing on avatar forum I joined would had to make a topic for each shipping to avoid shipping wars. I remember fanarts about shipping wars. I remember there was ond were it had Katara in the center with lines connecting to the other characters to show the many ships that had Katara paired with. Then there was another one that actually had a battle ship in it. I don't think we'll see in any shipping wars in Korra.
Back to top Go down
Cait
Star Seed

Cait

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 7:01 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
People still fight over it? Wow. I remember when the show was airing on avatar forum I joined would had to make a topic for each shipping to avoid shipping wars. I remember fanarts about shipping wars. I remember there was ond were it had Katara in the center with lines connecting to the other characters to show the many ships that had Katara paired with. Then there was another one that actually had a battle ship in it. I don't think we'll see in any shipping wars in Korra.

The first ship argument I got into was with someone that had "Kataang"
as their username who called me stupid for liking Zutara. Being the
immature 12-year-old that I was, I just exploded. Since then, I kinda
backed off and enjoyed the show outside of the ship wars.

They're so horrible on tumblr. They've gained themselves a reputation
for how violent with words they can be. It's so hard to avoid if you
want to follow A:TLA blogs on there which is unfortunate.

What's the worst about all this is that they ALREADY have started ship wars about Korra and her companions. I'm starting to believe that section of the fandom has lost their marbles.
Back to top Go down
http://burnthestatic.tumblr.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 7:11 pm

They already started shipping people in Korra? The show hasn't even air yet so how would they know the personalities of the characters? Man I can't believe the avatar fandom still acts like this. They only time were I was immature during a shipping war was with the parings in Tokyo Mew Mew. I loved a paring that was noncanon and I despised the canon pairing. Though I would never bash the people for liking the paring, I just bashed the paring itself. Now, that I'm older and wiser. There's no use getting upset for over a fictional pairing. The people aren't real. Even if they were real I wouldn't get upset, it's their life not mine.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 7:14 pm

Wow. That's just sad, to be already shoving Korra characters into ships.

(Out of curiosity, Yami, did you ship Shirogane or Kish with Ichigo? Those are the most common ones, after all. Personally a KisshuIchigo fan, though. The former is a far deeper character than he initially lets on, which makes it quite interesting. ^^)

I've never really followed any ATLA blogs, though. Think you might link me to an example of what goes on?
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 7:18 pm

(Sailor Pluto, I ship Kisshu and Ichigo. I don't mind Ichigo with Ryou, but I prefer her with Kisshu. I actually have written several fics about those two. I shall post them on here when I have the time.)

Yeah, I never followed any ATLA blogs as well. I'm curious to see how bad the shipping wars are. Maybe it will give a good laugh. I have ATLA forum on my fanfiction account, but it's somewhat dead. Sometimes people randomly post it.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 7:27 pm

(XD, whoops. I meant Kisshu, not Shirogane. Kisshu is much deeper than he lets on in general. The one thing I don't like about TMM is Ichigo's lacking personality- it's built around Masaya.)

Hehe, yeah. Sometimes the shipping wars are rather hilarious. Other times, you just have to shake your head.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 7:36 pm

(Yes Kisshu is so much deeper!! I totally agree about Ichigo's life being built around Masaya. That's why I depside the manga. The anime is so much better. Everyone has character development. We need to start a new topic for this XD)

Here's something else that's funny. Today I randomly wanted to see if I can find ATLA dubs. I only looked up the ATLA Japanese dub. All I could find were trailers on youtube. People were mocking some of Japanese voice actors. I laughed so hard. I love some how people complained about English dubs and now they're complaining over a Japanese dub! Oh how the mighty have fallen. Then I found a forum where people were saying ATLA is an anime rippoff. I was like seriously? Just watch the show. The creators just took the style of anime. That doesn't mean they were trying to make it anime like. The show had a great plot and great characters.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 7:41 pm

(Hehe, yeah - how about you make it tonight, and I frequent it tomorrow? Very Happy I'm almost out of time for the night, so, yeah.)

*Sweatdrop.* Please tell me you're kidding, Yami-chan. Talk about an Unpleasable Fanbase. (See TVtropes, XD.)
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 7:44 pm

(I will when I'm done with my homework)
I am not kidding. I looked on some other forums of people who were looking for Japanese dub because they would think it would sound better. The only good reason I found was someone wanted to find it help them practice their Japanese. Which makes sense to me because it probably does help to watch a show in the language your trying to learn and why not watch a show you like.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 9:06 pm

Omg yay! I don't know why I never made an A:TLA thread before. I just watched it all over the summer and wondered why I never bothered before! It's so awesome. My favorite is Iroh too. He's a freakin badass and hilarious.

Honestly considering how innocent the show is when it comes to romance (thats not really the main focus or what its all about...) I could care less about pairings. I like Katara with Aang, but I can see Katara/Zuko too.

And speaking of Legend of Korra shippings...there was a joke shipping of Korra and Yue on this girls deviant art. But her art is so amazing, they did look kinda awesome together... XD But it was a crack pairing, obviously no way to really explain that pairing any day.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime25th October 2011, 9:22 pm

Quote :
Honestly considering how innocent the show is when it comes to romance
(thats not really the main focus or what its all about...) I could care
less about pairings. I like Katara with Aang, but I can see Katara/Zuko
too.

That is a good point. Maybe that's why the writers teased the fans about the parings.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime26th October 2011, 5:27 am

My bf and I are watching Avatar: The Last Airbender. I think we are in Book 2. I'm not exactly sure who my favorite characters are, but Iroh and Sokka are funny. No! I do know who my favorite character is: Ty Lee.

I really liked the Princess Yue and Sokka pairing and I'm disappointed nothing came of it.

The setting for The Legend of Korra looks so different, but then again it does take place in the future. I can't wait to watch it. Korra definitely looks older than the previous main characters (which isn't a bad thing).
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime26th October 2011, 6:21 am

Yeah I like the SokkaxYue pairing. They're so cute together and I was sad when Yue became the moon. But that's okay Sokka had Suki!! Those two are also cute together.

As for Korra I'm glad that it takes place far into the future. It meant Aang probably had a good life and it would be neat to see what they're technologies will look like. Though I kind of wish the sequel was about Zuko finding his mom and how Zuko handled being king.
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Daughter of Apollo

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime26th October 2011, 7:43 am

I love Avatar! It has the best character development I've ever seen in a cartoon and beats most of the character development in live action TV shows. At the same time, it's a great, multi-layered mix.

I know I've seen the series in it's entirety at least twice but there are some episodes I've seen several times. For instance, the four-part series finale (which is awesome that they did that, a great move by the producers), the Firebending Masters ep, Serpent's Pass ep, Boiling Rock. Actually, I've seen season 3 several times. It's just that great.

Of course I love Iroh. I also love Zuko just because of how he was developed. Beautiful story. BUT, callmecrazyhere but I really like Azula. Not only is she voiced by Grey DeLisle but I love how much of a venomous b**** she can be.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AtTwelve34
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime26th October 2011, 11:20 am

Speaking of the new Avatar series, there is supposed to be a compilation of all the comics that came out and also new material that covers some of the stuff that happens between the two series. I really wanna get it. T_T
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime29th October 2011, 12:33 am

Comics? I didnt know there were comics?
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime29th October 2011, 7:56 am

That makes two of us. o.o

Are they anywhere online?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime29th October 2011, 9:56 am

Sailor Pluto wrote:
That makes two of us. o.o

Are they anywhere online?

I don't know. The comics were released in whatever Nickleodeon's monthly kids magazine thing is. The book is a compilation of those and new ones I believe.

Here's a link to it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159582748X/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

And it went down in price from $14.99 to like $7! Woo!
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime29th October 2011, 9:58 am

Oh, I never knew that Nick made comics for their shows. I thought Nick magazine went out of print.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime29th October 2011, 9:59 am

Yamichan16 wrote:
Oh, I never knew that Nick made comics for their shows. I thought Nick magazine went out of print.

It may be out of print now, but when the show was coming out i think it still was. Also there were mini comics in the DVD releases from what I understand and those are included too.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime29th October 2011, 2:24 pm

Oh, my friend has them. I should ask her about it.
Back to top Go down
AngelCastiel<3
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 9:07 am

OK, so now that I've found this.

My favorite girl character has to be Toph.

My favorite guy character is definatly Zuko.

My favorite pairing is Sokka/Toph

My second favorite pairing is Katara/Aang

and I absolutly DISPISE Zuko/Mai, mainly because I really cant stand Mai as a character.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1850493/MashiroxKensei_Kayla_1993_18
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top