The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime6th July 2012, 9:52 pm

Yes. Yes you do. I can't wait for the last part of the trilogy. September, my birthday month, is filled with two great things; the last part of the trilogy being one of them!

Yep. 2012 is the best year ever so far and 2013 is just gonna join right in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime6th July 2012, 10:09 pm

yay!!! September is my bday month too. Lets celebrate it together. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime6th July 2012, 10:11 pm

Oh cool! What day? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime6th July 2012, 11:00 pm

The 29th. ^_^ I wonder if i could beg for some avatar boxsets.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime6th July 2012, 11:11 pm

Hahaha, do it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th August 2012, 11:41 am

I just discovered Tyzula....

>.>

<.<

I regret nothing. EXCEPT not discovering it sooner!

Does anyone else ship them on this forum or am I the weirdie?
Back to top Go down
Juu~
Lotus Crystal

Juu~

Lotus Crystal

Title : ~hachi

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th August 2012, 9:09 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
I just discovered Tyzula....

>.>

<.<

I regret nothing. EXCEPT not discovering it sooner!

Does anyone else ship them on this forum or am I the weirdie?

They're cute together aren't they Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 1637911638 I regret nothin either Razz
Back to top Go down
http://juuhachi18.tumblr.com/ http://juuhachi18.deviantart.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th August 2012, 9:39 pm

Yes! I love that whole concept of how Azula like only cares pretty much about Ty Lee and if she hurts her and whatnot. And the idea of like how Azula loses it at last because Ty Lee betrays her. I feel like Ty Lee has the potential to like teach her how to love and be human.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime11th August 2012, 3:30 pm

I can ship that. Actually, that's a great reasoning behind it. Just no...Azulaang...cause
thats just weird. o.O; I wish they would have gone more into what happened to Azula after everything (is that covered in those graphic novels?)
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime11th August 2012, 5:57 pm

In regard to what happened to Azula post-war is supposed to be covered in The Search graphic novels since the primary focus is supposed to be on Zuko's family and finding his mother/finding out what happened to his mother. It's supposed to show what "an extended stay in a Fire Nation mental institution does to a person".

Here is my suggestion: why don't the companies responsible for series/stories go for the big ships like Tyzula and make them canon? >.>
Back to top Go down
Aquila
Pyramidal Crystal

Aquila

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : oscillating whooshing sound

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20th July 2013, 5:17 am

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 1984953407 Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 1984953407 Hey, is anyone else excited about LoK Book2?! I may be late to the party, but I just heard and me and my friend have been waiting for what feels like FOREVER for the second book to be announced!!! Ahh!! So excited!!!
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20th July 2013, 7:30 am

I loved the last airbender, but I have been putting off watching Korra. There have been so many mixed reviews. What does everyone here think?

Also is it on Netflix?
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20th July 2013, 8:55 am

I just finished season 1 of LOK last night, it was pretty disappointing. They rushed the whole thing, broke their own rules that were established during last air bender, and left more unanswered questions and moreloose ends hanging than the Matrix did.

It had so much potential, and for them to rush through it the way they did was a huge letdown for me.

But it's worth watching, once.
Back to top Go down
Aquila
Pyramidal Crystal

Aquila

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : oscillating whooshing sound

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 1:41 am

Well I like it :DNot as much as I liked TLA, of course, but I liked the characters and the environments. And it was alot of fun! I'm definitely excited to watch the next series Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23rd July 2013, 11:16 am

i know this might be slightly OT, but i just found it and had to share. this essentially voices almost every complaint i had with this movie and how it slapped it's fanbase in the face.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23rd July 2013, 11:25 am

LAWLS! I so agree. The avatar movie was totally lame. xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23rd July 2013, 11:41 am

Pssst Thunder and Natasha join the ATLA/LOK Forum!
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23rd July 2013, 11:44 am

We have cookies!
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th July 2013, 9:56 am

I was introduced to the series through the movie and about the only good thing that came from that mess was me getting the idea to watch the cartoon. I enjoyed it and need to get back to it at some point. I can't remember where I left off but I didn't watch that many episodes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th July 2013, 5:39 pm

If you didn't watch the entire series you are MISSING OUT. ESPECIALLY THE THIRD SEASON OMG.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th July 2013, 5:40 pm

The number of times I was called an Earthbender while cosplaying Azula from the Season 2 Finale. And those same people exclaiming to love Avatar and being a big fan, but have only seen Season 1.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 6:58 pm

So, some time ago I fell to the pool of emotions that is atla (and to a little lesser extent lok), and honestly, I couldn't be happier about it.

I'll only talk about atla in this thread and leave my thoughts on lok to the other thread. I don't even know where I should start with this, but here goes:

First of all, I adore the diverse world the creators have built with its different cultures, designs, nature and nations. They're well developed and fascinating. The scenery art is detailed, and they invested a lot of the budget in the more movement requiring action scenes. And man, the characters. They're so well-rounded and human, and have such great dynamics with each other. Plus the character development is amazing, you really see them grow and change through the series. The voice actor/actress cast is also on point.

I really wish atla's music was released officially, the soundtrack deserves an official release. There are many great and emotional tracks just waiting to be pressed on a CD.

The show is filled with many meaningful quotes and messages, and doesn't shy away from portraying some more complex or otherwise heavier aspects of life despite being aimed mainly for kids. And it's done without taking away from the light-hearted or comical scenes. There's a good balance between these elements.

I have to say few words about the action scenes and bending in general, too. The fight scenes are creative and use the environment to their advantage, which makes them very enjoyable to watch, be they non-bending or bending ones. I really like how much diversity and creativity the whole bending concept holds, and the fact that it's an extension of oneself. I also really like it that there are many techniques and weapons which non-benders use in battles.

As far as favorites go, my favorite season is Book Three (That finale. Oh my gosh). Zuko is my favorite character, but the whole team avatar is close to my heart. Oh, and Iroh is among my favorites, too. Also, Azula was such a great, cool-headed villain.

I think I've rambled enough for now ^^; So to sump it up in a few words: What an amazing show.
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 7:01 pm

Tsukiiiiiii....making me wanna rewatch it soon. :'D
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 7:13 pm

You should, Brit! We could possibly watch some episodes together if you'd like to. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 7:15 pm

OMG, a whole thread to my absolute favorite show besides Sailor Moon!
Actually Tsuki said everything that has to be said about it, hahahahahah xD
And I agree with Small Lady that I really want to rewatch it after your post Very Happy

I can't really name a favorite character since I love them all in their own way. But I can definitely say that Azula was my absolute favorite villain of the whole series! She was so smart and her bending abilities were just awesome. In general I always loved fire bending, fire was my favorite element. And I agree with Tsuki that Book 3 was the best one!

When I was younger (hahah, that sounds funny because I'm only 15 xD) I always wanted to be a fire bender. The other girls at my age wanted to be a princess and I wanted to be a fire bender, hahah Very Happy

(I have Book 1 and Book 2 on DVD, hehe Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 2695440696 )
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 7:57 pm

If there ever were to be a release on bluray, I would sooo buy it up. I really hope they do. I know Korra was such a roller coaster ride so I wonder if it will prevent any future releases of ATLA on Bluray...id love it on bluray.

I also need to get the comics that expand after the series ends.
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 7:59 pm

Oh yeah, the comics on my wish list for years but my mum don't want to buy them because I'm "too old for this" >.>
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 8:00 pm

Please your never too old. Razz  *is 27 and buying DBZ blurays and my little ponies*
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 8:04 pm

Tell this my mum xD She thinks I'm not the audience for stuff like this xD But actually I'm almost only watching cartoons, animes and stuff like this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 8:30 pm

I'm down for a rewatch.... do I hear an avatar livestream night in the works???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top