The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Mamo-chan appreciation thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime8th January 2013, 12:17 pm

Well, provided that they are still Mamoru's friends. In manga the only guests shown at their wedding are sailor senshi.

I wonder how much older is really Mamoru?
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Bunnylove
Star Seed

Bunnylove

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime8th January 2013, 1:33 pm

If my memories are goods Mamory was 17 when Usagi was 14.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sailormoontoyscollection.com
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime8th January 2013, 4:03 pm

@ Bunnylove: That's only Manga wise, Bunny, in the Anime it's ambigious and he's in college. A lot of people (me included) think he's around 19-20. The 20 part stems from probably an 'offical' profile of him in the early years on the internet.

@: Lady: For all we know the other guest may have gone before the others to the reception hall (which is actually what happens so the groom and bride with their bridesmaids and such can make another entrance).

Probably around anywhere between 3-4 years is my best guess. Five at worse. And yes it does matter when they're that young.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime9th January 2013, 12:15 pm

Well, so IMO 3-5 age difference isn't worth bothering - in Europe 3-4 is average husband older than wife.

From what I've read, in Japan the entrances of bridal couples are full of dramatic special effects and speeches - which Mamoru surely would like Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 2570116496Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 2041938683
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime9th January 2013, 2:30 pm

When they're both grown up- yeah it's not a big deal. But Usagi, within the rules of the states, isn't competent enough to consent to a relationship with Mamoru because she's 14-15 years old. (thus why a lot of United States citizens are squeamish when it comes to their ages.). Depending on the state- consent is (ie: won't go to jail for dating them) can be given around the ages 17-18. If they're very close in age - like a year difference, most don't bother.

Even if Mamoru's 19, he's gotta keep it chaste until she's of age. <- These are cultural differences. Which is why it's very puzzling to some fans as to why Mamoru's in college dating a Middle-High school girl- at least in the States it's confusing a little when you think about the laws.

Now I know this doesn't apply in every single single town but it's a general assumption that you don't date middle schoolers (jr high).

Either way, they're not american or european but japanese and the rules there are similar but also different considering prefectures (from what I've read on) have different rules when it comes to consent. Some are 18, some are 16, some are even 13yrs old- it just depends on where you live.
------

Hm, I guess he would, though from PGSM, he doesn't seem to do it much. I liked their wedding there, it's very cute.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime10th January 2013, 12:03 pm

I'm sure they don't do anything requiring consent Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 2632955583, but if it's 13, there should be all ok?

Their wedding in PGSM was cute - but for me a little too generic... And and I was dissapointed with little Japanese accents... Mamoru's reluctance to wedding planning seemed to me a little exaggerated.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime10th January 2013, 4:42 pm

We can only assume. And just because the consent age is that, it doesn't always mean it's ok. Some or most think that it's simply too young to make such decisions like that with someone older who knows better. (that's where you get the paranoia from that an older person could very well manipulate the feelings of a younger one )

Of course we know Mamoru wouldn't do that. But those are the reasons why most people who are a bit unsettled feel that way when they look at that aspect of their relationship.

It probably was. Considering, he probably doesn't get the whole thing. I think it's playing on the stereotype that men don't really 'do' weddings in the sense of planning or something silly like that.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime11th January 2013, 1:30 pm

Well, for me it was a little too much stereotypical. And this was not even especially extravagant wedding.

I can understand people feeling that about young people with older - but the for me that "older" is generational gap, or at least a decade (of course, I'm not saying that such couples can't be happy or well-matched). 4-5 years aren't for me many enough for such problematic assumption.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime11th January 2013, 7:32 pm

Maybe not, but there's a very good reason why there's an uneasiness with underage teens- they haven't finished growing yet. Haven't gotten by the hormonal things<- this is generally why because they're basing their decisions more on emotional/hormonal rather than actually thinking it through.

If Usagi and Mamoru were both at least around 18 Plus and still had the 4-5 year difference, than it wouldn't be a problem.

Wth the steroetype - well the show's dated in the early 90s. It could also be based around Naoko's personal experience in her own wedding mess.

It can also be that Live Action Mamoru is realistically shown as being inept at this kind of thing because it's a call back to not having parents, been mostly on his own and probably Hina had more plans and ideas on how the wedding should go. Seeing that it's less problematic for him to do nothing else but agree with the things she wants.

Where as Usagi, fitting the sterotype as well of 'dreaming to be a bride', has probably done fantasy weddings in her head, picking out the dress for herself, where she wanted to get married and ect.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime12th January 2013, 9:31 am

Ktenshi wrote:
Maybe not, but there's a very good reason why there's an uneasiness with underage teens- they haven't finished growing yet. Haven't gotten by the hormonal things<- this is generally why because they're basing their decisions more on emotional/hormonal rather than actually thinking it through.

But wouldn't it be better to pair such a hormonal teen with somebody who is already past his hormones and can think? Instead of having couple with double dose of hormones.

Ktenshi wrote:
Wth the steroetype - well the show's dated in the early 90s. It could also be based around Naoko's personal experience in her own wedding mess.

It can also be that Live Action Mamoru is realistically shown as being inept at this kind of thing because it's a call back to not having parents, been mostly on his own and probably Hina had more plans and ideas on how the wedding should go. Seeing that it's less problematic for him to do nothing else but agree with the things she wants.

Where as Usagi, fitting the sterotype as well of 'dreaming to be a bride', has probably done fantasy weddings in her head, picking out the dress for herself, where she wanted to get married and ect.

IMO in many cases this stereotype is close to truth, as women seem often more interested in weddings. And you point out reason, why it should be true in Mamoru and Usagi's case.

However, I feel that in PGSM there was a line crossed into him being actually bothered by the wedding details, which for me was too much.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime12th January 2013, 9:48 am

No, because it means, in general, that the person who can think can also manipulate the one that can't. Very easily at that and sets them in a position of power (regardless the gender).

Probably because wedding details aren't his thing?
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime12th January 2013, 10:21 am

Wedding details aren't his thing, but there it almost looked like he intended just to show up at the ceremony. And Usagi wanted his input, as it's their wedding.

Mamoru would never manipulate Usagi - in fact I believe he is extra careful with her.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime13th January 2013, 3:14 pm

Well yeah, considering he probably never thought about Weddings as a whole. We don't know really what he's thinking, or if he's ever attended one before. For all we know it's an abstract idea to him, PGSM wise, and since Usagi and the girls are far more eager about it- he would probably let them do whatever they like and show up.

This actually doesn't sound bad. Even though Usagi is trying to be inclusive with him, I think sometimes she forgets his background too and how he might not be comfortable with it either but won't tell her.

Well, actually he kinda has, anime wise, but usually in the benefit for Usagi- (all those times he basically told her he won't date her unless her grades come up.) <- this is a type of manipulation. But on a whole, the idea that it's better to have him as a teenager vs. Adult is generally because at least if he was around her age (with a one to two year gap) the playing field is even. Rather than the larger gap of 4-5 yrs.

It's proven- Teenagers do not think the same way as adults do. In general, the short term goal is more important than the long term goal. (there are exceptions)

That's why it's uneven. Mamoru's more mature because if we go with the idea he's at least 20, then his brain has stopped maturing as it's now already mature. While Usagi's hasn't because she's still growing up.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime14th January 2013, 12:32 pm

Well, I rather would say we all mature till old age - 20year old has yet long way to go. Smile

IIRC correctly, I remember him complaining to Motoki that he is totally overburdened by the wedding things and they almost broke up because of that.

Mamoru's background would make him always more mature than Usagi, regardless of age difference.

I didn't see the grades things as manipulation on his part.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime20th January 2013, 4:31 am

That's true, Mamoru didn't have parents for the rest of his life. Which is terrible in considering how much he actually loss. The age difference is still in play but it's more so in how he learned to cope. He's had more years to simply cope with it better. (and amnesia, otherwise he could've been like Makoto who remembers her parents, but was standoffish only for a bit.)

It is, it's kinda like training/parenting in an interesting way. If you do this, you get that as reward. Manga wise, he wasn't -as- interested in her grades and she wasn't that horrible at school.

Though, I will always wonder if Mamoru's extended family ever come out of the wood works? How would he deal with that? (I tried half way to guess this with my own little chiba clan/and his mother's group.)

I wonder why he gave up trying to find anything about his childhood or family after he found his princess? Did he get his memories back? Or are they still incomplete? (I hate how we don't know)
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime20th January 2013, 12:24 pm

Ktenshi wrote:
That's true, Mamoru didn't have parents for the rest of his life. Which is terrible in considering how much he actually loss. The age difference is still in play but it's more so in how he learned to cope. He's had more years to simply cope with it better. (and amnesia, otherwise he could've been like Makoto who remembers her parents, but was standoffish only for a bit.)

I actually see it the other way - as it's more difficult for Mamoru to be alone for such a long time and with no memories, which I believe would give him some ground for later life. I remember how in SuperS movie girls were sharing their childhood memories, including Mako - and how it was sad for me to rememeber Mamoru has none.

Also, Mako-orphan was less developed plotwise than Mamoru.

Ktenshi wrote:
It is, it's kinda like training/parenting in an interesting way. If you do this, you get that as reward. Manga wise, he wasn't -as- interested in her grades and she wasn't that horrible at school.

And that's why I prefer their anime version than manga.

I see it rather as Mamoru not wanting to interfering with Usagi study time than manupulation. It's obvious for everyone that Usagi's grades are subpar and she needs more studying. Usagi knows it too. So her other activities should be restricted.

I like his later tutoring of the girls.

Ktenshi wrote:
Though, I will always wonder if Mamoru's extended family ever come out of the wood works? How would he deal with that? (I tried half way to guess this with my own little chiba clan/and his mother's group.)

There was somewhere here linked the article about orphanages in Japan and how it's social stigma. So it's possible his family might not want to have contact with him, as he would bring them shame. If so, he wouldn't ever want to meet them.

Ktenshi wrote:
I wonder why he gave up trying to find anything about his childhood or family after he found his princess? Did he get his memories back? Or are they still incomplete? (I hate how we don't know)

I think that they are still incomplete, as it was confirmed in R movie. It was quite bittersweet resolution of that plotline.

I believe that he already has all the information he could get - as names, occupations, place they lived. He got their photograph. He only remembers none of it.

I wonder what other people know about his past - friends, girls, Tsukinos.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime10th February 2013, 9:02 am

So how about new question of the week?

What are the relations between Mamoru and the Tsukino family?
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime10th February 2013, 5:41 pm

What do you mean by relations Moonlight Lady ?
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime11th February 2013, 12:25 pm

How does he and Usagi's family do along with each other? We basically hardly ever see it.
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime11th February 2013, 1:20 pm

i mean the only time Mamoru and Usagi' Parents interacted was when they were looking for Chibiusa but it seem to me that Mama Tsunkino like Mamoru alot she really didn't mind the age difference she even told Usagi when her father wasn't around to invite him over for dinner , on the other hand i think it would take a while for Usagi's Father to accept there relationship..I think Mamoru and Mama Tsunkino would have a nice relationship and have interesting conversations Smile
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime11th February 2013, 1:22 pm

you're forgetting the cake episode on super s. mamoru was there, ikuku was there, she didn't mind having him over. so i think it's pretty safe to say they had a good relationship. as for kenji, it's just parental jealousy. but i feel like with given time he would learn to like mamoru. and i have my own headcanon about the proposal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime12th February 2013, 12:30 pm

And what is this headcanon about proposal?
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime12th February 2013, 1:11 pm

that first Mamoru came alone to ask Kenji if he could marry Usagi. and Kenji decided to clean his shotgun in front of Mamoru while saying that if he broke his little girl's heart... well, no one would miss Mamoru that much...

just an overprotective father thing
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime13th February 2013, 12:36 pm

It would be really cruel to say to the orphan...

Would Kenji really be so aggressive?
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime13th February 2013, 1:27 pm

yeah, but just to scare. not that he would really mean it, though.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime14th February 2013, 12:34 pm

Still, it's difficult to imagine... Do you think Mamoru would be scared off?
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime21st February 2013, 11:08 am

I remember now a scene, which would support idea of Usagi's parents as not too fond of Mamoru - when his apartament is devastated and he has to stay at Rei's. Usagi offers him Tsukinos' house, but she gives up after Chibiusa states that her parents will never agree.

So there are some negative feelings towards Mamoru...
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime21st February 2013, 11:10 am

actually, they would never agree because he is a boy, most likely.

when i was a teenager, i had a boyfriend who lived in another city. my father NEVER let him sleep at my place, so he had to go to his city on the same day every time he went to my place.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime21st February 2013, 12:19 pm

Of course, I'm not talking about Mamoru staying in Usagi's room - but the Tsukinos' house is big, there were many options.
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime21st February 2013, 12:33 pm

I also agree they wouldn't like the idea of Mamoru staying over the house they would first feel uncomfortable and second it would be inappropriate for there 14 year old Daughter's Boyfriend to sleep over unless they were married, or if her parents were open minded maybe they would agree otherwise no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mamo-chan appreciation thread   Mamo-chan appreciation thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mamo-chan appreciation thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top