The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime27th July 2013, 11:37 am

Oh speaking of attacks, seeing some of the manga attacks animated would be cool! Like Flower Hurricane and Coconut Cyclone!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime27th July 2013, 11:49 am

AWildSylveon wrote:

6) More intense combat. Well maybe not intense, but so many of the fights seem to boil down to "flail like a spazz until Tuxedo Mask/the outers/the starlights" show up. Then they blast the enemy and Sailor Moon finishes it. Gets a little boring after a while. c_c 

^ Ooh, I hadn't thought about it but yes. Can Sailor Moon please be a little bit less useless? I think the anime's the only one who's treating her like she can't do anything in every monster-of-the-day episode and almost always needs to be rescued/helped before she can perform the finishing move. And then she goes up against the final villain and somehow becomes capable again?

Also, physical attacks. We hardly ever see it in the anime and I liked that PGSM did a lot of that.

Also regarding the filler debate, I wish they would just do it PGSM-style? I mean they managed to lengthen the Dark Kingdom arc to nearly 50 episodes yet it didn't feel like they had a lot of fillers? I just felt like each episode had character development/plot advancement somehow and feel a lot less formulaic than the anime.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
AWildSylveon
Star Seed

AWildSylveon

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime27th July 2013, 11:55 am

Small Lady wrote:
Oh speaking of attacks, seeing some of the manga attacks animated would be cool! Like Flower Hurricane and Coconut Cyclone!

Exactly! One thing I didn't like about the anime was how all of Jupiter's attacks that referenced her plant/wood elemental were brushed under the red. Oak Evolution would be the exception, but even those were somewhat electrified, I believe. 

White Moon Lady wrote:
AWildSylveon wrote:

6) More intense combat. Well maybe not intense, but so many of the fights seem to boil down to "flail like a spazz until Tuxedo Mask/the outers/the starlights" show up. Then they blast the enemy and Sailor Moon finishes it. Gets a little boring after a while. c_c 

^ Ooh, I hadn't thought about it but yes. Can Sailor Moon please be a little bit less useless? I think the anime's the only one who's treating her like she can't do anything in every monster-of-the-day episode and almost always needs to be rescued/helped before she can perform the finishing move. And then she goes up against the final villain and somehow becomes capable again?

Also, physical attacks. We hardly ever see it in the anime and I liked that PGSM did a lot of that.

Also regarding the filler debate, I wish they would just do it PGSM-style? I mean they managed to lengthen the Dark Kingdom arc to nearly 50 episodes yet it didn't feel like they had a lot of fillers? I just felt like each episode had character development/plot advancement somehow and feel a lot less formulaic than the anime.

PGSM really did do an excellent job with its filler, as it helped add to the characters. For example, Hina's arc. The anime's filler unfortunately wasn't very impressive, as it introduced a character who would never be heard from again, and then built them a character around them. If they had given us more development with the main cast, I think it would have worked a lot better. 

And unfortunately, Usagi's only really 'useful' when everything hits the fan and she's forced up against the big bad. Which is a shame, because she's both the titular character and the most powerful of them all. After five seasons you think she could adapt a little.
Back to top Go down
takahata
Star Seed

takahata

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime27th August 2013, 2:14 pm

Here is what I want to see in Sailor Moon 2013-

-   Background stories focusing on Ami, Rei, Lita, and Mina.
-   Sailor Moon meeting Sailor V before V becomes Sailor Venus.
-   Sailor Moon  meeting Sailor Neptune before the awakening of Sailor Uranus.
-   Serena having a sister who is eighteen months younger that her.
-   Serena having a kid brother who is ten and name is Shingo/Sammy.
-   Artemis being the link between the Sailor Scouts and Queen Serenity's spirit.
-   Queen Metaria being the true villian in the series.

Of course,  I don't suspect Serena having a sister who is eigheen months younger than her . It will add to the fun in the series. If Serena has a sister, Serena will wonder which Sailor Scout who her sister is.  The main of the identity of the Sailor Scout whom Serena's sister will become is the time of her birth. Serena's sister will be a Capicorn. Of the Sailor Scouts, only Sailor Saturn was born as a Capicorn.  The name of Serena's sister will be Hotaru.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2013, 12:31 pm

Quote :
One thing I didn't like about the anime was how all of Jupiter's attacks that referenced her plant/wood elemental were brushed under the red.
It had to be done so, as Tuxedo Mask was given roses - motifs couldn't be doubled. (That's why also he was put against Tellulu instead of Mako).
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Izumi
Pyramidal Crystal

Izumi

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Official Queen Serenity of GC

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2013, 1:57 pm

I would love to see Mars Snake Fire.... >.>
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 9:41 am

Having watched the anime a while ago, and having rewatched some of it, I can definitely think of a few things.

1. Improvements with Mamoru. In the anime, English or otherwise, he was rather useless. He had no real impact on the battle. I know that in the manga it was better, and I'd like to see that greater impact in an anime too. Even if the show is about girl-power, having the guy character be basically useless only undermines that cause. It's the same gender issue, just moved to another side.

2. Better character development and a somewhat slower pace. I get why everyone wants to base it on the manga, but the manga had problems too. And since they are making a new anime after 20 years, this is their chance to not only fix the issues of the original anime and include more manga elements, but also perhaps fix issues in the source material.

I'm reading a translation of the manga. As others said, it moves real fast, perhaps too fast. And I suppose the monster of the week episodes at first could have served to help give the manga more of a lead to the anime, since they were produced at the same time. And I've read that most of the major characters were not given much development other than Usagi. Okay, she's the main character. That does mean she gets the most attention. But other major characters also need attention too. I read through the bios for some characters at times and I feel like I don't have a grip on a complex personality.

So I wouldn't mind if the anime slowed down a little. A slower pace could allow the chance to really explore our OTHER main characters at greater depth. For example, the episode with the Indigo Crystal and Raye's grandpa had some good potential drama to it. Imagine what that would be like with today's anime standards.

3. Fill in details of the Silver Millennium, and/or fix some vague elements.

4. Better action scenes. Sometimes when watching the anime, the attacks seem weak. I mean with the way they were done, sometimes you can't really feel the impact they make on the monster. Some anime sequences are done in a way that you can really feel the impact. Also, more physical fights would be good, and perhaps a little more strategy other than "point Sailor Moon at the enemy and let her just blow them away". A little outside the box thinking would be good.

5. The transformation sequences. Like others have said, it would perhaps be best if they didn't use them all the time. I get why they are there. It's a genre thing, and their stylized nature is meant for the enjoyment of the audience. But I think you need to treat them the same way you treat phoentically spelled accents in writing, use it some, take a break, and put in every now and then afterwards. They are elaborate and time consuming. You are adapting material into 30 minute shows, you need not to waste time. So don't use them every single time and eat away what you have to work with.

6. More of Saturn and Pluto. Saturn in particular seems to really have been shoved aside. I want to see her status explored in greater detail, her personality explored. I want to see her explored so she's more than just the Grim Reaper in a little purple skirt, you know? Let's see what she can do as the Senshi of death and rebirth.

Okay, I think I'm done for now.
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 10:45 am

So I saw this on Tumblr and I pretty much agree with all of it. It's done in image based 'powerpoint' style, so under the cut:

What I would like to see!:

It should be noted that the anime is my favourite version of Sailor Moon. I love pretty much everything about it. Ok, there are some pretty bad filler episodes and the MotW is really formulaic, but I love that there's so much character development.

I'm not overly fussed on Usagi and Mamoru's relationship, I'm not really into romance and all. I love the friendships between the girls. So I'm ok with the level of involvement Mamo has. Also, I think he's completely adorkable in the anime - he's not useless, but he's definitely not as strong as the girls and he respects that. And I respect that.

Also I loved the Doom Tree arc..
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 11:10 am

^To me he just didn't seem to amount to much as far as defeating the monsters. I just feel it wasn't as balanced as it should have been.

Another thing that might be good to see is giving Motoki (I hope I spelled that right, I mean Andrew in the English anime) a different hairstyle. It's just a little detail, but while I was reading, someone pointed out that he and Mamoru were drawn with the exact same hairstyle design, and in the anime they're almost drawn on the same model. It's a minor thing, but perhaps they could work on a little better visual distinction there.

I think the Doom Tree arc would be good to include too. The Tarot card theme was nice. And in concept, it helps with pacing. You get interesting, sympathetic villains, who, while not as powerful as the others, are still dangerous enough to be taken seriously. It also extends the story to allow for more moments to explore the pasts and personalities of the characters, their interactions with others and other situations, if you know what you are doing. It could work for good writing, and a stronger story. 

Actually, maybe that was the reason they created it originally, to allow the manga time to move ahead so the anime could have more to work with (remember how in the anime Hotaru's father lived, simply because the writers didn't know that was going to happen in the manga?).
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 11:18 am

I'm pretty sure that is why the Doom Tree Arc exists, to let the manga 'catch up'. That's why the R Break Up happened too.

That's why I love that arc, there was no crazy OMG THE EARTH IS GOING TO END danger, so it was light and funny and gave time to just let the girls be girls, for a lot of it. And I love the civilian parts, when done well. I hope they keep a lot of 'downtime' in. ^^
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 11:33 am

So my guess was right.

I saw what you had in the spoiler tags, so I'd like to say that I agree with you as far as Rei. I rather like her to be the more aggressive type as in the anime. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, particularly if you can make that aggressive attitude different from Makoto, which you can.

I think the problem was how bullying she was when she wanted to be leader. To be fair, at the time Usagi wasn't exactly seeming like good leader material. But Rei forced Ami to agree to take away Usagi's leader position. And the real issue is that, as far as I recall, they never called her up on that behavior.

The anime counterpart is more like the basic Aries-type personality in a way. She clearly has a desire to be number 1. And that's not bad. Neither is the idea of internal conflict between her and Usagi for leadership role, especially if there are doubts as to Usagi's ability to lead. I've used that sort of thing in some of my own ideas. Different characters, same idea.

But Rei forcing Ami to vote with her is bullying, and that sort of behavior is actually detrimental to teamwork. It should have been brought up because of that, it should have built up tension and come to a tipping point and a fight, maybe even a physical fight, between Rei and Usagi. That would be a good, interesting story.

The manga counterpart has strong points too. She's smart, not Ami level but smart, and also very perceptive too. But she can also be snappish and harsh. I think there has to be a balance between the two. Maybe Rei could be struggling with controlling her temper instead of being so cool and distant? After all, as I stated in my head canon, the power of Mars needs direction and consideration to be used for good. So maybe that could be a lesson for Rei.

Sorry for rambling.
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 11:42 am

Well, to be fair, you're bringing up just one episode (that I can tell, anyways) and yes, Rei was in the wrong and wanted to be the leader but at that point they knew nothing of their past lives, as soon as they had some of their memories restored and discovered who Usagi truly was, she stepped aside.

I love Rei's firey temper, that's why I'm so unsure of manga!Rei. She's too distant and aloof. I'd suggest that anime!Rei is still smart, she does well at school whilst juggles a lot of extra commitments (eg shrine duties, organising festivals).

But I digress; that's kinda going off topic.

Basically, I want anime!Rei to stay. Yes, she was pretty harsh in the start, but she's doing it for Usagi, not to be against her.
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 11:58 am

^It still would have been nice for that tension to have built to some sort of resolution. Okay, I get her stepping aside when they get (some) of their memories back, but it would also be good if Rei stepped aside because Usagi proved to have some good leadership qualities (even if they still needed work).
Back to top Go down
nekosenshi
Star Seed

nekosenshi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime24th September 2013, 12:20 pm

More Hotaru.
More Usagi x Mamoru love.
Back to top Go down
SailorStar9
Star Seed

SailorStar9

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2nd October 2013, 8:58 am

I want:

1) Planet and Eternal powers for the Senshi.

2) Tuxedo Kaman to have his manga powers

3) Chibi-Moon's 'Pink Sugar Heart Attack' to be powerful like the manga.

4) Romance for the Inner Senshi.

5) More in-depth on the Silver Millennium and Crystal Tokyo.

6) Beryl's back story.

And most importantly...

7) NO BREAK UP ARC in R Season!

Last edited by SailorStar9 on 2nd October 2013, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2nd October 2013, 9:13 am

Usagi/Sailor Moon becomes less emotional (like having crying fits, though it's somehow hilarious) because she grew up into a true superheroine to experienced battles with all sorts of villains.

The relationship of Usagi and Mamoru gets closer and a more romantic bond develops. Sailor Moon has an element of a love story...and lots of posts suggested it.

And Minako/Venus finally gets a BF, something she long lacked in the Sailor Moon anthology and her dream of meeting "Mr. Right" comes true, but the storyplot of this must be interesting in part of the drama of "encounters with possible allies"...in the case of Mamoru's role assisting the Sailor Senshi.
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime2nd October 2013, 9:41 am

I hope it is based more on the manga.

I hope that they throw out the MOTD formula, but if not, that there is some character or story development in each episode instead of simply filler (also that they stop having MOTD attack one-episode characters that the Senshi are coincidentally near at the time of attack).

Mamoru actually has a real role in the group other than the cheerleader/damsel-in-distress (plus a real power would be nice). Also more romance between Usagi and Mamoru.

Chibi Moon has an actual effective attack, instead of a comedic one (SM S), or none at all (SM SuperS).

More character development on the senshi that does not get reset after each season.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime5th October 2013, 1:24 pm

More of girls families and school - they are teenagers above all. And boyfriends for everyone.
Make some victims of the week recurring characters.
Consistent portrayal of Usagi as the one to defeat monster.
Shittenou developed both as individuals and the group.
Episode focused on every pair of Inner senshi (and maybe one for Ami and Mamoru?)
Many Usagi/Mamoru moments.
And no manga please.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime5th October 2013, 3:21 pm

Wedding (at some point).
sintennou
more queen serenity
more 30th century
a more mature (not too much) usagi
more usamamo
and i agree with more inner families. i mean where are they the girls are in Junior High.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Stix
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime5th October 2013, 4:38 pm

Moonlight Lady wrote:

Make some victims of the week recurring characters.
Reminds me of Sailor Moon Abridged. I think it was episode 11 where Molly's 'sister' was the victim of the day. And I quote "She's never been mentioned before, and will probably never be mentioned again, but she's really important to me now"

For me, less fillers, more plot development on the Inners and Outers. And basically everything what everyone else is saying. (And more Haruka and Michiru)
Back to top Go down
Empress Vesta
Lotus Crystal

Empress Vesta

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official VesVes/Sailor Vesta and GC's Official Sailor Quartet Lover

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime10th December 2013, 4:32 pm

I'd love to see the Amazoness Quartet become the Asteroid Senshi and maybe get a transformation and individual attacks. That's probably my biggest wish. Except for a few side episodes featuring teenage Chibiusa and Asteroids in Crystal Tokyo, but that's probably just wishful thinking. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/senshiofthewild
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see   Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon 2013: Things you want to see

View previous topic View next topic Back to top