The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Codename Sailor V animated

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Nemesis
Star Seed

Sailor Nemesis

Star Seed

Codename Sailor V animated Empty
PostSubject: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime9th November 2011, 12:14 pm

I found this fan made intro for Sailor V and fell in love with it. With how successful Sailor Moon's shows and movies were. I surprised they never made a series about the senshi who started it all. Even a short series of OVA would be appropriate to cover Minako's stand alone stories.

With the resurgence of Sailor Moon media, I'm crossing my fingers and wishing real hard that they'll announce a new animation project. But i digress. Play and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfYOLBBRrgk
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime9th November 2011, 12:23 pm

This intro is so cool Sailor Nemesis!
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime9th November 2011, 5:03 pm

I've seen this before a few months back. I can't tell you how much I would love a Sailor V OVA. If there were to be any more new Sailor Moon universe series, anything Sailor V would just be AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime9th November 2011, 5:39 pm

I've seen this before! It's very well done.

I agree, Brit! I would DIE for a Sailor V OVA. In fact, I believe that V is the most likely candidate for any new reboots!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime9th November 2011, 5:40 pm

dude... this awesome.

now i'm wanting to do a live action version, like what they're doing with the Sailor Moon movie. ... yeah.... :]
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 9:41 am

I found this a few months ago on Youtube, actually. The intro was quite well done, even if some parts seemed to stumble some. But regardless, a Sailor V OVA would be epic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roro
Lotus Crystal

Roro

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Michiru Kaioh

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 9:59 am

The opening is very well done.
It actually does seem that a Sailor V had its own mini OVA.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime30th December 2011, 8:52 pm

That was awesome!! I wish Sailor V would gets its own series! It could probably be a 26 episode series or an OVA. I wish there were more fan projects like this because Sailor V is an awesome manga!
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Juu~
Lotus Crystal

Juu~

Lotus Crystal

Title : ~hachi

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime1st February 2012, 7:24 am

Is there anything that can be done to make this happen professionally? Like a request for it. I think it would be a successful project with the right animation voices and music Codename Sailor V animated 3074743337
Back to top Go down
http://juuhachi18.tumblr.com/ http://juuhachi18.deviantart.com/
Sailor Sedna
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Sedna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Frontier Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 5:14 pm

Mmmm...does anyone know why they never made a Sailor V,series or OVA? I mean, if there's a concrete reason...
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 6:14 pm

I have no idea why. They did had Sailor V like episode in the first season of Sailor Moon. I forget which episode it was.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Sedna
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Sedna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 6:30 pm

The one Minako is explaining her background and her life in England? That with the butterfly-like youma?
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 6:36 pm

Yes that one! It's near the end of the season. I really like that episode. I wondered why Dic didn't dub it. I had a little Sailor Venus book and mentioned her time in London and showed screen caps from the episode. I was a bit confused when I saw that.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Sedna
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Sedna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 6:41 pm

Yes!! I love that episode too, but still isn't enough. I mean come on! Sailor V manga has 15 chapters, and the anime creators give Minako just 20 minutes to explain her whole story?! Not mentioning that story is exclusively made up for the series.

I think we, as fans, deserve more...
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 6:43 pm

I agree with you 100% Senda. I adore the Sailor V manga and I like it better than the Sailor Moon manga. I think I like it better because it has a slower pace then the Sailor Moon manga. I wish it went on a little bit longer.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime21st February 2012, 1:36 am

Sailor Sedna wrote:
Yes!! I love that episode too, but still isn't enough. I mean come on! Sailor V manga has 15 chapters, and the anime creators give Minako just 20 minutes to explain her whole story?! Not mentioning that story is exclusively made up for the series.

I think we, as fans, deserve more...

I think originally there were plans to make an anime based off of Sailor V, however once Sailor Moon came into the scene (since Naoko's editors were like "DO THIS BUT MORE LIKE POWER RANGERS. and she was like "LOL K") the V anime got scrapped for the Sailor Moon one. I seem to recall reading that somewheres, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Nemesis
Star Seed

Sailor Nemesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime21st February 2012, 6:57 pm

I read the same thing Small Lady. Sailor Moon was green lit for the show above Sailor V, because the group aspect SM had.

I've been researching the 2 manga recently. Sailor V debuted in a magazine in the summer of 1991, and Sailor Moon debuted a few weeks later. In 1992 the Sailor Moon anime began. I surmise the powers that be saw that SV and SM were generally indistinguishable at that point in their run, SM could be marketed to broader audience of girls.

I also read that the Sailor V manga was put on hiatus due to NT focusing on Sailor Moon. With the parallelism of SV and SM early in their respective runs, and SM's growing popularity was probably why Minako was worked into the Sailor Moon story.

Codename Sailor V animated Tumblr18

Codename Sailor V animated Tumblr19

I love them both though
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime7th April 2012, 9:51 pm

Sailor Pluto wrote:
a Sailor V OVA would be epic. Very Happy

if Toei DIDNT make it.
sorry, that studio are just .......... no comment. a OVA from Shaft or Kyoto Animation whould be epic but (damn) Toei have the whole rights for Sailor Moon and Sailor V Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://goldenwitchmami.tumblr.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 7:47 am

Toei owns everything. Well it seems like it. lol
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 8:05 am

Yamichan16 wrote:
Toei owns everything.

the only thing that Toei owned are bad animated endless animes (like precure, one piece, digimon).
but i never seen a really good animated "short" anime by toei. madoka are shaft, clannad are kyoto animation, death note are madhouse.

it's so annoying:
Toei CAN make a OVA but didnt make one, and other studios CAN'T make something because toei have all the rights.
ok sailor moon in japan are "dead" but i think a 5 - 10 episode Sailor V-OVA whould still success Codename Sailor V animated 776094645
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 10:10 am

While in some aspects Toei does own rights to the Sailor Moon anime, there was a dispute between Naoko and Toei about that. I don't know much about the details, I never really could find much info on it, but all the decisions about Sailor Moon airing again in other countries are actually up to Naoko from what I understand. So I'd say if there WAS interest by any studio to make a short Sailor Moon and/or Sailor V ova, then it would probably be up to Naoko if she wanted it to happen. I also wouldn't say that Sailor Moon is "dead". Its not really as popular as it was say when the anime and live action were airing, but with the 20th anniversary of Sailor Moon being this year, in the past year, they had re-released better quality versions of the anime on DVD and on top of that there has been a fairly successful worldwide revival. From what I've read, Sailor Moon is doing rather well with its airing again in Italy.

Plus, I read on AnimeNewsnetwork about an interesting Japanese poll of who is the top heros and heroines and Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Kamen/Mask ranked very high on the list! Sailor Moon was 6th and Tuxedo was like 20th or something out of 50.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-04-05/one-piece-luffy-db-goku-top-fuji-tv-anime/tokusatsu-hero-poll

But I agree, Toei and the directors of the Sailor Moon anime did a lot of things...odd and just not great, especially with the StarS season, which I think is some of the reason Naoko got into the dispute with the rights in the first place.

Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 11:06 am

Minene Uryuu wrote:
Yamichan16 wrote:
Toei owns everything.

the only thing that Toei owned are bad animated endless animes (like precure, one piece, digimon).
but i never seen a really good animated "short" anime by toei. madoka are shaft, clannad are kyoto animation, death note are madhouse.

it's so annoying:
Toei CAN make a OVA but didnt make one, and other studios CAN'T make something because toei have all the rights.
ok sailor moon in japan are "dead" but i think a 5 - 10 episode Sailor V-OVA whould still success Codename Sailor V animated 776094645

Ah precure. I have love hate relationship with it. Toei really needs to end it in my opinion. All they care about is making toys to tell sell to little girls. They don't even care about the story anymore.
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 2:20 pm

@smalllady
that voting says nothing, to less votes. because various anime on the niconico streaming have 100.000 - 500.000 views and i didnt talk about an permant uploud i talk about a limited streaming time.
or compared to the seels of the Haruhi Suzumiya novel or compared to various other sales ...

i didnt take such votings seriously, if i would nobody of SM where in the top 10 of magical girls (there was 8 nanoha girls, homura from madoka magica and that card captor sakura girl xD ) yes i talk about another japanese voting ^^

and you missunderstood something:
toei always had the rights for sm & sailor v. just the publishing in other countrys except japan where blocked by naoko Wink

whatever .... it seems that toei was thinking "episode 42 was enough sailor v"
Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sailor Sedna
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Sedna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 8:00 pm

Minene Uryuu wrote:
@smalllady

toei always had the rights for sm & sailor v. just the publishing in other countrys except japan where blocked by naoko Wink

Am I delirious or Naoko released the publishing rights worldwide a year or two ago?
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 8:05 pm

Sailor Sedna wrote:
Minene Uryuu wrote:
@smalllady

Am I delirious or Naoko released the publishing rights worldwide a year or two ago?

i was talking about the time from 2005 - 2010 Wink
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 8:54 pm

Can you tell me where you can find out that Toei actually owns the rights to Sailor V? I tried looking it up out of curiosity and could find nothing. As far as I could see, Kodansha and Naoko Takeuchi hold the licensing rights to Sailor V, not Toei. I don't know how Toei would have any rights to Sailor V unless they claimed it back when there were talks of a Sailor V anime being made before Sailor Moon was around and that'd be way back in probably 1991/1992.

Minene Uryuu wrote:
that voting says nothing, to less votes. because various anime on the niconico streaming have 100.000 - 500.000 views and i didnt talk about an permant uploud i talk about a limited streaming time.
or compared to the seels of the Haruhi Suzumiya novel or compared to various other sales ...

I'm not sure what you meant by this, but I think it might be language barrier confusing me on that. XD
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 9:15 pm

1. to complicated to explain in english

2. NicoNico are a very popular japanese website + they stream legal animes. a lot of animes have 100.000 - 500.000 hits. (with streamimg i mean episodes who where delete after a few days) or the "haruhi suzumiya" light novel: over 500.000 first printing sales.

= the japanese fanbase are hudge, really hudge. so just 14.000 votes are not prestigious ^^

in japan Sailor Moon are just a "classic" ..
you can't compare the situation with europe & america. i can explain it detailed but ... not in english. gomenasai Codename Sailor V animated 2041938683
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 9:18 pm

Ah its ok. I think I know what you mean by that. But still doesn't mean that Sailor Moon is "dead" per say. Cause from what I understand, due to the Revival back in like 2009 Toei put up Sailor Moon to stream from whatever website thing they do for anime streaming. I know the votes are low, but look at the age demographics too.

Still, of course the hits of the anime on Niconico douga aren't going to compare to whats popular now, thats just how media goes. And granted Sailor Moon I doubt will ever reach the popularity of say Dragon Ball or shows similar, but I think dead is a bit over kill. There wouldn't be a revival going on right now if that were the case! xD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 9:19 pm

ANYWAY, sorry to double post but we are getting off topic now. XD

Basically, to sum it up, we need a Sailor V OVA. It needs to not be done by Toei. Everyone would be happy if it were to be made. XD
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 9:52 pm

Small Lady wrote:
There wouldn't be a revival going on right now if that were the case! xD

revival, thats right = america, europe + various other countrys but not JP.
ok you can see it on animax asia right now but just because toei animation and animax are afiliated.
but it's just normal japan are jaded when it comes to sm.
america = reprint of the manga.
japan = repringt was 2003.
america = people freaks out about the new merch.
japan = merch alone whould make no sense.

and here we are at the topic again.
the japanese guys need something NEW.
another season?
no the story are finsihed, i think nobody of us need another season who are similar to that 5 seasons before. if a new season whould have individual ideas ok, but after madoka i think its not really possible.
Spoiler:
so a Sailor V-OVA whould be the best to "awake" interests again because it's something "new" but still sailor moon related Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Codename Sailor V animated   Codename Sailor V animated I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Codename Sailor V animated

View previous topic View next topic Back to top