The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

(Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Seren
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Seren

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Sailor Ceres ❤ Diana's Wife ❤

(Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 4:42 pm

I'd appreciate it if you posted that stuff, Alyssa. It would probably help me out. ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 5:06 pm

my middle school was like that. in high school homeroom was part of First period.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 6:20 pm

Yes MMR!  (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 1955989781
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 7:41 pm

Alright, LONG POST HERE WE GO!

To begin, I am assuming that every character has passed their End-of-Course Assessments up to their senior year, and they do not need to be retaking any classes. However, if someone thinks that their character would have the personality that causes them to fail classes, I can address that, too.

I'll start with English. As a senior, you are required to take an English class or a foreign language, but you can choose which class you take. The classes are as follows:

English 12 - A study of chronological British literature.
English Language and Composition - This is the AP class for seniors. It is the hardest English class offered. There is an exam at the end of this course.
If your character does not choose either of the above courses, they must choose two of the courses listed below. One course for the first semester, and one for the second.
Biblical Literature - Studying the bible and its meanings, along with finding biblical references in literature.
Composition: Getting Ready for College - A class that studies writing strategies and the use of the writing processes. It's a preparatory class for writing in college.
Creative Writing - Kind of self-explanatory.
Dramatic Literature - Studying plays and literary art. Students will watch and perform scenes of plays and use creative writing.
Ethnic Literature - The study of foreign literature and understanding issues of cultural clashing.
Film Literature - Studying the history of film literature and how films reflected society during their time period. 
Themes in Literature: Mythology - The study of various mythologies that have affected Western culture. 
Debate - Kind of self-explanatory.
French - Self-explanatory
Spanish - Self-explanatory

Now for Math. As a senior, you are required to take a Math class, but you may choose which class you take. I am assuming that each character has passed Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra 2, and Pre-Calculus before their senior year. The available classes are as follows:

Probability and Statisitics - The concepts and skills needed to apply statistical techniques in the decision-making process.
AP Stats - Exploratory data analysis, planning and conducting studies, probability, anticipating patterns, and statistical inference. Basically Probability and Statistics, but a lot harder. There is an exam at the end of this course.
Calculus AB - Developing students' understanding of calculus and providing experience with its methods. This is an AP course.
Calculus BC - The hardest Calculus class. It is an AP course that would require the student to be very intelligent. Characters that would take this class would most-likely be Ami, Zoisite (Zack?), and Mamoru. 

Now for Science. As a senior, students get either a Science elective or and AP Science class. I am assuming Biology I has been passed by every character. If a class is a "one-semester class" then the character will have to choose another one-semester Science class to take. The classes offered are as follows:

AP Biology - Topics covered in this lecture/lab course include chemistry of life, cells, cellular energetics, heredity, etc. There is an exam at the end of this course.
Anatomy and Physiology - Kind of self-explanatory.
Genetics - Self-explanatory. This is a one-semester class.
Zoology - Self-explanatory. This is a one-semester class. 
Earth and Space Science - Self explanatory.
Physics - The fundamental science related to matter and energy.
AP Physics - Equivalent to a college-level Physics class. Basically Physics, but a lot harder.
Chemistry - Self-explanatory.
AP Chemistry - Self-explanatory.

The Social Studies requirement for ALL seniors is to take Government and Economics.

Fine Arts is next. The classes offered are simple. It is recommended that at least one of these classes be taken. Any additional classes will count as an elective.

Band
Symphonic Band
Choir
Show Choir
Dance
Music Theory
Art History
Drawing
Painting
Photography
Ceramics
Sculpture
Theatre Arts
Musical Theatre

So, now there are two elective spots left. But before I go into detail about electives, I think we should get Core classes chosen first. I am going to provide an example for Ami, just to give everyone an idea.

Ami Mizuno

English: English Language and Composition
Math: Calculus BC
Science: Anatomy and Physiology
Government and Economics
Symphonic Band
Elective
Elective

If anyone is confused or overwhelmed, just let me know and I would be more that happy to help you or even organize your character's schedule for you. I'm kind of used to this chaos so it's not a problem if help is needed! When you choose your Core classes, just have them listed as I have above and, if it's alright with Yami, I will keep all of the schedules in a spreadsheet or something like that. That way everything is organized and we can get certain characters to have classes together. Yay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 7:52 pm

whats End-of-Course Assessments?  Finals??? (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 3186387542

I need to figure out a schedule for my peeps now.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 8:16 pm

Kind of. End-of-Course Assessments are what make sure you know all of the material of that course by the end of the year. It's basically like a big final that determines not only your grade, but whether or not you pass the class. These assessments are for Algebra I, English 10 (Sophomore year) and Biology I.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 8:17 pm

My school system is entirely different than the US x_x We don't have homeroom. Or any of these class structure... welp.

Are we assuming the girls' native language as Japanese or English because that would affect how they're taking English classes no?
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 8:20 pm

Ed is lost someone help please... this is nothing like my high school..
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 8:21 pm

Oh, that's what finals were at my high school. We had two semesters. Some classes were full year and some where half semester. At the end of each semester you took a final, full year classes you took two finals. Your final grade determines if you pass the class or not. I never had to repeat classes. We also had to do service hours and other requirements. 

I thought we agreed to make it like an American high school. XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 8:37 pm

i didnt have any service hours or other requirements. I just had to show up most of the time. but I didn't really do that all that often either, i was really sick through high school so yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Seren
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Seren

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Sailor Ceres ❤ Diana's Wife ❤

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 8:40 pm

This helps a lot MMR, thank you. ^^

Beryl Schmidt

English: Dramatic Literature and Debate
Math: Probability and Statistics or AP Stats
Science: Physics or AP Physics
Government and Economics
Theater Arts
Elective
Elective

Yeah, this will probably change. Mainly conflicted over what to choose for Math and Science.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 8:42 pm

I went to a Catholic school so we had to volunteer. Each class is require to do so much service. During my Junior year I didnt meet the hours so I had to finish them that summer. This has nothing to do with the RP. Just me stating some other things I had do toward graduation. Each state is different with education and so are private schools. XD

Let's go with what MMR has layout. We dont need to do homeroom if that confuses everyone. XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 8:51 pm

Minako

English Dramatic Literature 

science Earth and Space Science
Government and Econ
Theatre Arts
Musical Theatre

Is there a less math math? I really don't see Mina taking any of those..
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 8:54 pm

I thought it was American-style, as well.

Mercury, if you need help figuring things out we can talk over Skype Smile It was hard for me to understand in the beginning, and I live here xD. Basically just pick an English class, a Math class, a Science class, and a Fine Arts class for your characters. Make them fit to their education/personality Smile

I would agree with getting rid of Homeroom. Because then we get another elective, yay!

And Seren, you can wait until Kyra has made her schedule to decide on what you want Beryl to have. Maybe then she could have a class with Mamoru and stir up trouble Wink

Anyway, Yami are you okay with me kinda taking control of the scheduling part of the RP? I don't want to start directing schedules and such without your permission, since it's your RP Smile

Ed, we can maybe assume Minako was a little behind with her math, and is taking maybe Algebra II or Pre-Calculus? I could see Usagi and Makoto also being in that boat.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 9:05 pm

I know it's an American school system, what I was asking is if we're assuming the girls' native language/nativity is now American as well??

Rei Hino

English - Debate
Math - AP Stats
Science - Earth and Space Science
Government and Economics
Art History
Elective
Elective

Did I do it right
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 9:32 pm

Makoto

History (Government/Economics)
English 
Home Economics
Statistics
Theatre Arts
Physical Education
Astronomy

Last edited by Sailor Prancer on 29th December 2014, 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 9:54 pm

Yours looks good Mercury! Very Happy

Hikari, yours looks good too, just make sure you don't forget a Science class Smile
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 9:55 pm

i can add science- though i didnt take sceince my senior year, most seniors at my high school didnt
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 10:09 pm

I'm just going by what my high school does, but this doesn't really have to be the set-in-stone thing. I figured it would be the easiest, most-organized way if everyone had Core classes and some electives. But that was just my way of thinking. If you guys would rather do this a different way, that's totally fine with me Smile
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 10:11 pm

Well I remember us saying it would take place in an American school so we could do prom so I'm assuming that means their native language is English. But we can switch to it Japanese. I'm down with that!

MMR, I have no problems! I need all the help. lol 

Science was an option my senior year as well. I took Marine Biology. Each state requires so many years of each subject. Some states may be different. HAHA So glad I'm done with school.

Man this is getting crazy.  (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 3978041997
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 10:13 pm

So, should we make Science an elective? That would give us four elective spots Smile
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 10:34 pm

Yes for seniors. ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 10:37 pm

can we say that they only needed like 3 core credits to and if they choose they didnt have to take a core class like math, science or whatever? they could have finished those credits earlier. So in that case, mina would take Choir or the dance class thing too.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 11:04 pm

I guess that could work. My reasoning behind having the core classes was so that we could try to get characters to have classes together. The way we have it set up now, there are four core classes and four electives. 

Keep in mind there are after-school activities, too!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime30th December 2014, 9:24 pm

XD As a teacher in Texas and a student of Tennessee, MMR's statements are right in line for my experience ^^ Each state is different, each credit requirement differs from school district to school district, but typically in the US they follow the 4x4 schedule (one of each type of core per year). ...this of course is messed up by how a school operates day to day - block schedule (1.5 hour long classes) vs periods (with 7 to 8 hour-ish long periods per day) for example - so really, we could do whatever we wanted here and somewhere it would work.

With stuff we've kinda hinted at so far though, I'mma assume ~1 hour long classes, so either 7 or 8 in a day, with a lunch break/half hour/hour? sometimes schools let seniors go out for lunch and come back. 

ANYHOO
MAMORU'S CLASSES: in no particular order, schedule wise. I'll leave scheduling up to others XD;; an && represents the first semester & second semester course breakdown
Core:
English: English 12
Math: Calculus BC
Science: AP Physics - totally making this an AP course. Super fancy school? Gotta be there.
History: Government && Economics

Electives:
Themes in Literature: Mythology && Debate
Theatre Arts OR MUSICAL THEATRE -- COULD YOU IMAGINE SINGING MAMORU?! I can't. What a beautiful disaster.

Other Electives My school is super new and the amount of electives are crazy and fantastic so I'd like to throw these others into the mix!

• Culinary Arts
  • Catering
  • Floral Design
  • Sewing
  • Health and Fitness
  • Auto Tech
  • Welding
  • Animal Science
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime30th December 2014, 9:31 pm

I like the idea of seniors being able to go grab lunch else where. My school didn't let us do that grant it we were in a bad area, but still...  (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 1948543417

Tomorrow I am going to think of my characters' classes. I kind of want Serenity to be in that literature class. For some reason I feel like she would love to read. Plus debating with Endymion would be fun. XD
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime30th December 2014, 9:47 pm

My school lets us do that and I cannot wait to be a senior just for that reason. We are right next to a Dairy Queen xD.

Could you imagine Serenity and Endymion in a Debate class? OR REI AND JADEITE OH MY GOD.

Anyway, I have everyone's schedules written down Smile 

What do you think we should do for Pluto's? Should we make her schedules, or just wait for her to get back?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime30th December 2014, 10:32 pm

I would love to see Rei and Jadeite headbutting in the Debate class xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime30th December 2014, 11:29 pm

I need luna to take auto tech for no other reason than i can

But Luna is taking all the hardest classes with Ami. So what she has but with different electives that i have yet to nail down.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime31st December 2014, 9:04 am

I totally want to see Jadeite and Rei duke it out! Their speeches will be filled with passion!  (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 3884866259
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)   (Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Relaxed) Love and Spite (OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top