The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 7:55 pm

I like the weird skin colors. I think its a nice touch since they claim there is no such thing as "race" in the Pony world. I feel its a good message that in Equestria, it doesn't matter what color you are, we love and share friendship with everyone.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 7:57 pm

I guess. :/

I just have a meh feeling about this whole thing.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 8:26 pm

I think it will be really cute!!!
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

SailorCardKnight

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 1:45 am

I'm too lazy to read all of the posts, I assume the latest topic here is Equestria Girls.

I'm staying open minded about it and remaining neutral until I see it.
I'm okay with the idea of them going into the human world (even though the whole idea totally screams Monster High cash-in), but I really hope they don't ignore what people have come to like about MLP in the first place. Which is a girly fantasy series, that avoids the usual tired cliches in shows for girls, that appeals to everyone. If they scrap that for a run of the mill/boring High school melodrama BS, and have the female characters obsess over boys all the time, I'm gonna be pissed.
Theres going to be theatrical showings, even one at a theater about 45 min away from me, I plan to go see it, with pony shirt on and all.

Until then, the way that the brony fandom has been reacting about it is really starting to tick me off. I can understand their worries, but some fans actually sending threats to DHX about it?! The same people who gave them their ponies to begin, with who are only following Hasbro's orders?! Thats just plain wrong. Between this, the reactions over Twilight's "upgrade", the Derpy controversy...I care about the show too, but good lord, they are just asking Hasbro to get the show canceled. They have completely forgotten they are NOT the main target demographic.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 6:38 am

They already have the typical high school popular girl who hates anyway trying to steal her spotlight.
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 10:03 am

I don't know much about MLP, but I think this looks cute! I mean, I would be a little weirded out if this was like a new series where they were trying to humanize the ponies, since the whole point of the show is that they're ponies, but I like that it's more of a parallel universe sort of thing. Instead of being like, "We should change them into humans" it seems like more of a "What would happen if they were humans?" sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 10:06 am

Which is fine and dandy, but why a high school setting?

I watched a video where a brony showed his little sister (she's the target age for MLP) the trailer for this movie. She said it scared her. XD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 2:21 pm

SailorCardKnight wrote:
Until then, the way that the brony fandom has been reacting about it is really starting to tick me off. I can understand their worries, but some fans actually sending threats to DHX about it?! The same people who gave them their ponies to begin, with who are only following Hasbro's orders?! Thats just plain wrong. Between this, the reactions over Twilight's "upgrade", the Derpy controversy...I care about the show too, but good lord, they are just asking Hasbro to get the show canceled. They have completely forgotten they are NOT the main target demographic.

Whats sad about the Brony fandom is that they flip their chibi over this stuff (like Twilicorn) and then END UP LOVING IT. Like... I think we can have faith they won't do us wrong. What if they take all the typical high school cliche's and turn them upside down on their heads? Much like what was done with FiM in the first place. I'm pretty sure some of the same writers are working on this project too, right? (correct me if i'm wrong).

I dunno. I think its super adorable and I will probably buy all the dolls that come out.... Its been hard enough to stay away from dolls like Monster High (WHICH IS KINDA AWESOME I THINK THE DESIGNS ARE AMAZING) and other doll stuff thats not Barbie...

Damn my collective personality. ><
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 2:24 pm

^ yes dang it for having to collect everything and get excited about it! XD
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 2:27 pm

I hope they change up the high school setting. :/

Hearing the popular girl's lines scare me though. She has the voice too! >.<

Oh, well it's just a trailer half the time movie trailers feature scenes that arent in the actual movie.

I think some are flipping out that Twilight may fall in love with that boy. They're saying that's not like Twilight! So? She has every right to fall in love. You can't even tell if she's in love or not in the trailer. The two may just may become good friends seeing it's about the friendship of magic!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 2:35 pm

Ditto on that Yams! From what I understand that "popular" girl is actually a pony character too? There was a leak of a new toy and its description mentioned it was a princess or something? I think they will tie things nicely together. I has all the faith. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 3:08 pm

God I cant remember what her name is! Ive seen the toy! >.<
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 3:11 pm

I don't remember it either. xD

I have a problem I keep watching the Equestria Girls trailer over and over >.>
Back to top Go down
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

SailorCardKnight

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 4:01 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Whats sad about the Brony fandom is that they flip
their chibi over this stuff (like Twilicorn) and then END UP LOVING IT.
Like... I think we can have faith they won't do us wrong. What if they
take all the typical high school cliche's and turn them upside down on
their heads? Much like what was done with FiM in the first place. I'm
pretty sure some of the same writers are working on this project too,
right? (correct me if i'm wrong).

I dunno. I think its super
adorable and I will probably buy all the dolls that come out.... Its
been hard enough to stay away from dolls like Monster High (WHICH IS
KINDA AWESOME I THINK THE DESIGNS ARE AMAZING) and other doll stuff
thats not Barbie...

Damn my collective personality. ><

Yes/no, theres still alot of bronies who are still upset about
Twilicorn, they're scattered all over in the comments section on
Equestria Daily and MLP Forums. And yes, the same writer who did the
wedding episode did Equestria Girls...the same wedding episode every
brony was flipping out over thinking it was going to be really awful toy
commercial, but now praise it saying its like a classic animated Disney
film, and remixed "This Day Aria" from it over 100x times. But Lauren
did play a hand in the earlier stages of the episode, so her magic touch
was still there, unlike Equestria Girls, so people's concerns are still
valid.

And quite honestly, i'm not crazy about the humanized designs, and have
seen much better fan designs. Would it have killed them to give the
tomboys of the group some actual pants instead of a skirt?

Yamichan16 wrote:

I think some are flipping out that Twilight may
fall in love with that boy. They're saying that's not like Twilight! So?
She has every right to fall in love. You can't even tell if she's in
love or not in the trailer. The two may just may become good friends
seeing it's about the friendship of magic!

The thing is, MLP: Friendship is Magic is all about avoiding the tired
cliches of girls shows in the past, this includes having all the girls
obsess over boys and have an interest in them. I know as a kid I HATED
seeing that all the time in shows aimed towards my gender. In some
shows, thats fine, I even like a good romance, but in just about every piece of girly media I saw? It gave me a false impression as a kid like there was some unwritten rule of nature that you HAVE to like guys, you HAVE
to have a boyfriend, problem was, I never found myself all that
interested in guys and I still don't. This false mindset gave me a
really hard time for many years before I realized how untrue it really
was.
I love how MLP: FiM doesn't further promote those false ideals, and that's its possible to be a girl, and NOT have to chase after guys. My greatest fear about EQG is that it will completely ruin this, and many other bronies feel the same.

Small Lady wrote:
Ditto on that Yams! From what I understand that "popular" girl is actually a pony character too? There was a leak of a new toy and its description mentioned it was a princess or something? I think they will tie things nicely together. I has all the faith. Very Happy

Sunset Shimmer is her name.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 4:07 pm

Thats her name!

As a kid growing up I never got the impression that I had to chase after boys and I have to find love. I just watched anything on TV if it had a good story and neat characters.

Tomboys can wear skirts. Razz
Back to top Go down
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

SailorCardKnight

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 4:15 pm

Dunno. It just seems out of character for Applejack, and especially RD, to be wearing skirts as part of their normal casual wear to me.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 5:05 pm

SailorCardKnight wrote:
Dunno. It just seems out of character for Applejack, and especially RD, to be wearing skirts as part of their normal casual wear to me.

Oh I am totally in the camp with this. I would much prefer to see AJ and RD in pants/shorts/overalls rather than skirts BUT I know I can't have everything I want so why bother chibi? There might be animation/technical reasons they chose everyone to have similar outfits(?) Maybe they wear other outfits in the movie? We don't really know yet, so we can't really complain about it too much. The designs are cute (I'm fine with the weird skin colors, goes along with the whole "no race in Equestria thing"), but of course, there are things I would change up about them if I could. Like making AJ really buff, Pinkie Pie being a bit chubby, etc. etc.

But gotta think of things from animators/technical perspective, especially since this is sort of a pilot. It may bomb and then all that time would have been wasted on animating other clothes, when its easier to have one outfit.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 6:33 pm

I think them wearing skirts is just promotional art. They all want them to match. Smile

I still dont like the skin colors. >.> I think it's how they're draw is bothering me. They dont like natural. I know it's cartoon, but still.
Back to top Go down
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

SailorCardKnight

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 6:40 pm

I think the skirts are for the toys themselves. Over the many years of playing with Barbie dolls, skirts where far easier to put on the dolls than pants. So by having them wear skirts, it makes it easier for little girls to change their clothes, so they will want to buy more clothes for their Equestria Girls tm dolls to dress up in.

That's my theory.

And in the trailer the Mane 6 do seem to be wearing other outfits at one point.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 6:49 pm

UGH! I remember the pain of putting pants on Barbie dolls!
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 6:55 pm

The color of their skin kind of reminds me of the 90s cartoon Doug. The characters all had colored skin.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 6:58 pm

I watched Doug as a kid. That didnt bother me that they all different skin colors.

It's just. Ugh I can't explain why I dont like their skin colors. Again I think it has something to do with design of the girls.
Back to top Go down
Rosequartz
Star Seed

Rosequartz

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime26th May 2013, 3:47 pm

I think a big reason as to why they all have pastel color skin is because... well, imagine if they had given them actual skin tones that existed? This could easily cause a lot of drama, because either A). they'll make a majority of the characters white, and/or B). the fandom will whine if they don't make a certain character have a certain skin color, and complain about how it ruins their head canon.

I personally like the pastel skin colors, because I think they would look weirder otherwise. :bunnynarroweye
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime26th May 2013, 5:13 pm

Rosequartz wrote:
I think a big reason as to why they all have pastel color skin is because... well, imagine if they had given them actual skin tones that existed? This could easily cause a lot of drama, because either A). they'll make a majority of the characters white, and/or B). the fandom will whine if they don't make a certain character have a certain skin color, and complain about how it ruins their head canon.

I personally like the pastel skin colors, because I think they would look weirder otherwise. :bunnynarroweye

Yeah that is a good point, one I forgot to bring up! Could you imagine all the brony fan craze that wouldhappen? remember the Derpy incident? And everyone freaking out about Twilicorn? Yeeeeeeaaaaaaahh..... (also omg hi i love your avatar i see you are new i will go find your intro thread if you have one xD)
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime26th May 2013, 7:04 pm

I always pictured the ponies in these races perhaps?

Twilight: African American
Pinkie Pie: Caucasian
Applejack: Caucasian
Rarity: Asian
Rainbow Dash: Latino
Fluttershy: Caucasian
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime26th May 2013, 7:07 pm

I know this isnt a race, but I picture Rarity being French. XD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime26th May 2013, 7:08 pm

Cerechan wrote:
I always pictured the ponies in these races perhaps?

Twilight: African American
Pinkie Pie: Caucasian
Applejack: Caucasian
Rarity: Asian
Rainbow Dash: Latino
Fluttershy: Caucasian

Ever since Yamino did it, I can't help but think of Twilight as Indian now. But I think that could work too! I actually can see Rarity as any race as long as she has a white dress and is over dramatic. xD
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime26th May 2013, 7:09 pm

Because of the Latino dub I picture Pinkie Pie being Latino. Her Latino voice is tooo cute!! >.<
Back to top Go down
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

SailorCardKnight

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime27th May 2013, 6:44 pm

Prototypes of the Equestria Girls dolls have appeared.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/05/equestria-girls-dolls-appear.html

If this was just some random line of dolls, I would ignore it, but because this is associated with MLP....I really hate it.

I hate it I hate it I HATE it!! I liked how MLP offered the girls market toys that weren't overly sexualized, but seeing this just pisses me off. Theres too much of overly sexualized garbage for girls on the market already! Theres been many studies about the negative effects of having so much sexed up media aimed at children. Now Hasbro sexualized MLP too for profit.

Thank god these are just prototypes and the final version will be different, and i'm still trying to stay neutral on both the movie and dolls until they are both officially released, but if the final versions look anything like this, I will be very angry. (And this is coming from someone who adored Barbie as a kid.)
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime27th May 2013, 6:52 pm

God they are hideous and they look scary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 25 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top