The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you think we'll get a full 5 Seasons again?
Yes! Most definitely... it will take over once again!
Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap52%Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 52% [ 11 ]
No! No way or chance in Hell!
Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap48%Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 48% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 8:58 pm

I swear I'm the only one who doesn't want to see it follow the manga XD I really think it would be dull if we know pretty much exactly how everything will play out... But each to their own.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 8:59 pm

LOL Miki you're not alone. I want it to do it's own thing, but if it ends up following the manga, I want filler.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 9:13 pm

If they're going along with the manga storyline then the fillers I imagine them putting in their to help build the character's more would be the Chibiusa diaries and the other short stories that focused on the senshi more. I think they might even put more about Sailor V in there, since the manga was a prequel to Sailor Moon, something the anime barely mentioned but the manga did quite a lot. Like how Venus still had her compact from her manga and often dressed up as Sailor V in the manga, especially in the short stories^^

When it comes to the anime and manga, the anime gave more depth to the villians and their motives. When it came to the manga, it gave more depth to the senshi and the relationship on Usagi and Mamoru. There was so much character development in the manga. The senshi look and act and feel like a family and they all get significant face time and stories, kingdoms of their own and upgrades to Eternal.

The anime pretty much made it more based on Usagi, and all the senshi were downgraded, Mamoru included. He only powers in the anime were roses, at least in the manga he had other qualities. We even had more background story to his past, he school life, his school friends, pretty much more in depth everything.

We have character development on Rei, whose personality did an almost complete turnaround when she became and anime character. In the manga she doesn't like men, doesn't need men and she has a very rocky relationship with her father, she is the type of character in an all girls school whom everyone admires and looks up to and she had a romance with her father business prodigy.

All the girls in the manga have much more in depth stories. Like Hotaru, who when first introduced we find out to be part human and part android with an ill and failing body. they removed the more gruesome aspects from the anime but in the manga this is why she often wore dark clothes and long sleeves and tights.

The only reason I want filler episodes is because if they decided to follow the manga storyline more closely the way Full Metal Alchemist did, we're going to see a significant decrease in episodes. The manga books aren't that long compared to the original anime. The anime added three times as many youma to fight, as there was a battle in practically every episode thus the reason there were so many episodes.

In the manga, there were few demons to fight and they pretty much introduced the baddy from the beginning and after some detective work, personal life stuff they killed the baddy pretty quickly.

Take the original anime for instance. There is tons more face time for Black Lady, but in the manga as soon as she appears a few pages later she's a Sailor Senshi. We get very little face time of Black Lady in the manga.

I want fillers so we have more episodes to enjoy and I hope they make it more like the manga but for fillers I'd want Ail and Ann, I'd even want the romance between Nephrite and Naru to remain the same even though that didn't happen in the manga.

If they stick to closely to the manga I'd be surprised if we had close to 100 episodes after the all the sagas :/

This is why I can see them, if they're smart, adding aspects from the original anime but continuing with pretty much the same sequence and detailed events of the manga so that way both the anime community and the manga community fans would be pleased and it'd rack in more views and money for them.

I'd see us still getting movies, if I remember correctly Hearts on Ice was only in movie form, but Naoko added it to the manga because she liked it so much.

People want more to the story on Sailor Moon, and if this makes enough popularity, Naoko might just do more with the manga who knows she might even create an OVA manga of Sailor Moon like she did with Parallel Sailor Moon. This series she created was her most popular and successful and many of her other works remain unfinished.

I'm excited^^ I hope the art is much more smoother, with correct cell shading and proper colors and the hair -__- Usagi's hair in the manga is so pretty. In the first 3 saga's of the original anime her hair looks like yellow rope lmfao. With the technology that is now available to anime creators making Sailor Moon will be much easier quicker and look better. When Sailor Moon was first created they were still using stills. Draw it, paint it, place the cell on the background take a picture and continue through each individual picture. Nowadays it's all done with computer so I'm expecting good things.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 9:23 pm

Quote :
I swear I'm the only one who doesn't want to see it follow the manga XD I really think it would be dull if we know pretty much exactly how everything will play out... But each to their own.

I'd rather have it follow the manga because like Fullmetal Alchemist: brotherhood follows more closely to the manga, it's still incredibly enjoyable. Having moving bodies, transformation sequences and voices is much different then the manga to begin with as in the manga we don't see transformation sequences or powers. Personally I want to see more manga powers since the anime cut nearly all their original powers out.

I really wouldn't want them creating an OVA at this point. Tenchi Muyo has several different versions of anime and it's all so confusing for the fans.

What they should do with this is manga it more like the manga but with anime aspects and fillers, like I said, and then we'll have the Original Anime Version, then the Manga Anime Version, the manga and THEN depending on the popularity, they could start making OVAs. Parallel Moon like I said is considered an OVA in manga form.

If they changed the story to make it different then the anime and different from the manga, I imagine they won't grasp the audience well at all especially considering they just re-released the manga so the audience who is just now starting to get into Sailor Moon via the manga unlike us old people who know about the original anime, would probably be upset. Kinda how I was when I realized how different the original anime already is to the manga.

I think different versions would be cool but I don't think they should jump to that so quickly just yet. That's like how Avatar: The Last Airbender was a cartoon and then when they tried to create a live-action movie based on the first saga of the show and changed SO much and made things SO different the movie flopped and there isn't much hope for them ever redoing it or putting out anymore movies because they tried something different and it overall displeased the fans who were expecting at the very least the names to be pronounced properly and the character to look the same and for the sequence of events not to have changed so drastically.

I think an all new version to the story for the Sailor Moon anime would end up the same way as the movie The Last Airbender.(I liked the movie but there were parts I very much disliked so I think they shouldn't jump to something different so quickly, but work with what has proven to be popular and worry about other versions after to play it safe and build the series financial futures first.)
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 9:28 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
LOL Miki you're not alone. I want it to do it's own thing, but if it ends up following the manga, I want filler.

Let's just take what we can! There is no such thing as bad Sailor Moon! Even when we call certain parts bad, its still above the average of everything else!

D: D: D:

Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 190603310 Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 335194840 Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 3309518329 Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 3098893119 Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 2027930456 Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 2570116496

I hope for as many seasons as possible! Sailor Moon can be used so many ways, I don't think the well could ever dry up
Back to top Go down
Loffyglu
Star Seed

Loffyglu

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 9:59 pm

I'm not totally sure if we'd get five seasons, only because I don't know how many filler episodes they would include in the new series (probably not many, if it's true that they want to keep it closer to the original manga). Don't forget that monster-of-the-day episodes took up the majority of Sailor Moon; don't get me wrong, I thought there were a lot of excellent character-building moments in those episodes, but not all of them contributed much to the overall plot (and even that would often differ quite a bit from the original manga).

So I guess I'm not voting either only because we don't know what the series will look like filler-wise, really XP And if we just assume that it's going to be a 100% direct adaptation of the manga, then I'm not sure if I could see them splitting the seasons up by, say, only ten episodes or so.
Back to top Go down
http://loffyglu-speaks.tumblr.com/ http://loffyglu.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/Loffyglu
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 10:26 pm

When it comes to transitioning a book into a movie or an anime into manga there are always going to be differences and cuts and additions because it wouldn't be possible otherwise. Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, One for the Money, Anne Rice, Manga and Anime. Whenever an original product is turned into something else there are changes.

The changes between the original anime were extreme and I'll list a few.

Manga - Beryl was one human Anime - Only mentioned that she loved Endymoin, we never see her human form.

Anime - Nephrite and Naru Romance - Manga The Generals were Pince Endymoin generals and he keeps there spirits with him as stones, there part in the story does end in the first Saga.

Manga - All the senshi have eternal forms -Anime only Sailor Moon has eternal form.

Anime - The Starlights are boys that turn into girls -Manga the Starlights are girls whom crossdress as boys.

Manga - Most enemies are not purified and we see gruesome aspects as most of them are killed -Anime Most enemies are "healed" and become good people.

Anime- Galaxia is the strongest senshi and she is possessed by Chaos which is nothing more then an emotional easily defeated enemy -Manga Chaos is the embodiment of all the villians, only reborn, Galaxia is manipulated by Chaos because she is from a poor and war torn planet she doesn't deem worthy of being a senshi of.

Anime -chibichibi isn't even a living being, it's Galaxia's star seed. Technically, in the anime she's an it and it is an item. A starseed, a butterfly, a sword, a little girl. An it. -Manga she is a human being, she is the disguised Sailor Cosmos.

Manga-Usagi's moms hair is pink, anime- Usagi's mom's hair is blue.

These are two completely different versions.

Even if they make the new anime based along the storyline of the manga, it's going to be different. You can't turn a book or a comic into a show or a movie and not have added, cut and changed some things. It's just not possible to make them 100% the exact same. You can get it close, but it's like this...

In the manga there are no transformation or attack sequences. - This is something that when transitioned into anime will have to be made up and added.

In the manga there are very few backgrounds actually drawn, most panels are pictures of the characters. Most enemies don't even have full bodies they're just shadows. -This is something that when transitioned into anime will have to be made up and added.

Manga- Most pages are a few scripted bubbles of conversation and then it hits a completely different scene entirely so when animated if they did it 100 percent the same the speech between characters would most likely last only a few seconds. -In order to create a 30min episode they'll have to create and add new scripts and because they'll have to elongate aspects of the manga, they'll probably remove or change certain points even if they try to stick as close to the manga plot line as possible.

So even if they try to stick as close to the original manga as possible, there are going to be new things and different things because you basically taking a book and turning it into a 30 min episode for a show.

I believe we will have all the sagas. Sailor Moon-The Dark Kingdom, Sailor Moon R- The Black Moon Clan/Nemisis/Black Lady, Sailor Moon S- Mistress 9/Pharaoh 90/Sailor Saturn, Sailor Moon SuperS- The Amazon Trio, the Amazon quartet, Queen Nehelania, Sailor Moon StarS- The animates, Galaxia, Chaos.

I honestly don't see them changing the Sailor Senshi, or how they come to be or the enemies and battles they fought. they already changed that in the original anime where characters became nearly 100 percent different and the battles ended differently.

I imagine though if they try to stick as much to the original anime we won't have many episodes though, so there would be no point to 5 seasons, instead they'd probably group the sagas into single seasons so say Classic and R would be one season and so on, or in whatever order they'd clump them.

This is why fillers are essential and they I would hope they included anime aspects, otherwise it would be a very short anime.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd March 2013, 4:52 am

Houyou no Senshi wrote:

I definitively don't want it also. I can't imagine 12 episodes of Dark Kingdom.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd March 2013, 5:42 am

nerf-or-nothing wrote:

When it comes to the anime and manga, the anime gave more depth to the villians and their motives. When it came to the manga, it gave more depth to the senshi and the relationship on Usagi and Mamoru. There was so much character development in the manga. The senshi look and act and feel like a family and they all get significant face time and stories, kingdoms of their own and upgrades to Eternal.

The anime pretty much made it more based on Usagi, and all the senshi were downgraded, Mamoru included. He only powers in the anime were roses, at least in the manga he had other qualities. We even had more background story to his past, he school life, his school friends, pretty much more in depth everything.

We have character development on Rei, whose personality did an almost complete turnaround when she became and anime character. In the manga she doesn't like men, doesn't need men and she has a very rocky relationship with her father, she is the type of character in an all girls school whom everyone admires and looks up to and she had a romance with her father business prodigy.

All the girls in the manga have much more in depth stories. Like Hotaru, who when first introduced we find out to be part human and part android with an ill and failing body. they removed the more gruesome aspects from the anime but in the manga this is why she often wore dark clothes and long sleeves and tights.

Sorry, but I disagree - IMO manga's characterisation for most people except Usagi and Chibiusa is for me seriously lacking, until Dream arc. And Mamoru in anime got more friends - starting with Motoki - and more background (R movie).

Quote :
If they stick to closely to the manga I'd be surprised if we had close to 100 episodes after the all the sagas :/

Rather fifty-something Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
HeartWarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd March 2013, 10:08 am

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
No you are certainly NOT the only one, I feel the exact same way too! I really doubt it will follow too closely to manga, Not everything in the manga was great either... They have to have twists & turns to make it more vividly exciting for the viewers. Nothing has been completely confirmed that it will follow entirely like the manga either.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd March 2013, 9:35 pm

I just think they should do what they did with Myu, take the basic ideas, make it new!
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime4th March 2013, 2:58 pm

Quote :
Sorry, but I disagree - IMO manga's characterisation for most people except Usagi and Chibiusa is for me seriously lacking, until Dream arc. And Mamoru in anime got more friends - starting with Motoki - and more background (R movie).

I guess the reason my opinion differs is because I look at the manga as a whole story. Kind of the way I look at most stories, I see a grander scale and I see the character development as a slow working process. Kind of like how in Pirates of the Caribbean I noticed the necklace as going to be a significant key role in Dead Man's Chest despite it being a minimal thing until we saw that in At Worlds End there was actually a significant meaning there.

As for Mamoru having more friends in the anime I disagree. His only friend is really Motoki, and he is quite a loner in the anime. In the anime we don't see much of him at all really, but in the manga we get to see him at his school Azabu High and see that he has many admirers like the cute Asunuma^^
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th March 2013, 12:25 pm

In anime he has not only Motoki, but also is on friendly terms with his girlfriend and sister, he attends mr Edwards meetings, he has a job, he is in theatre and computer groups, he is friends with Saori, Kobayashi and the gardener.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th March 2013, 4:36 pm

Well he's friends with Motoki in the manga, his sister as well. She still rode on the back of his motorcycle. He attends meetings and has a job but in the anime we never saw his personal life unless it included Usagi or other senshi. In the anime his character was ripped of big time, which is my personal opinion but it's because in the manga Usagi didn't have to be around for him to get face time. He also had more powers, more of a background story and friends his own age :/ in the manga I just remember him with more REAL friends, not workers or business partners :/
Back to top Go down
bunbun
Pyramidal Crystal

bunbun

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Chibi Neptune :3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th March 2013, 4:47 pm

MoonPrismPowerMakeUp wrote:
I'm remaining very hopeful about this new Sailor Moon 2013 series reboot! I'm really just hoping all for the BEST and that it gets it's enormous popualarity in Japan again (and worldwide which is already obsessed). What does everyone else believe?? Any other huge fans hoping for the best?! ❤

To be honest I don't belive there will be another season, beacause most popular animes that have a remake only last for 24 episodes like full metal alchemist brother hood and negi ma :/
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime6th March 2013, 12:22 pm

I can't imagine they would do a remake just for 24 episodes?

[quote="nerf-or-nothing"immagine they ]Well he's friends with Motoki in the manga, his sister as well. She still rode on the back of his motorcycle. He attends meetings and has a job but in the anime we never saw his personal life unless it included Usagi or other senshi. In the anime his character was ripped of big time, which is my personal opinion but it's because in the manga Usagi didn't have to be around for him to get face time. He also had more powers, more of a background story and friends his own age :/ in the manga I just remember him with more REAL friends, not workers or business partners :/[/quote]

In the manga he pretended to be Motoki's friend when he was evil - they weren't friends for real. I can't remember anyone in the manga expect for Asanuma - and he was more Mamoru's admirer than friend. And he is youger than Mamoru.
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime6th March 2013, 12:32 pm

I love both the original story lines of the anime and the manga. I would love some fillers, and if Naoko is actually involved, much like she was in the PGSM series if I remember, there were a lot of changes, or expansions.

I honestly believe that after 20 years, a person can't help but have had time to go "I'd wish I'd done X differently" or "I wish I could have added more Here"

I think we will maybe see more of Naoko in this anime, and some things we didn't see in the manga. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top