The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you think we'll get a full 5 Seasons again?
Yes! Most definitely... it will take over once again!
Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap52%Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 52% [ 11 ]
No! No way or chance in Hell!
Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap48%Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 48% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 9:10 am

I wish, like really WISH, this anime doesn't have 200 episode, i don't want a full season with most of the episodes with fillers ( i had fun watching them, but still...)

First of all, as a person who watched a bunch of anime like most of you, you all know, Japanese anime from 2000 and up will not have 20 episodes per arc, mostly is 24 to 26, since they have to fill the "season" and one episode per week (ignoring special broadcast) takes 24 to 26 episodes, and summer season starts in June and ends in mid September or the beginning of October, so like i said, that's 24- 26 episodes.

what i think they will do? maybe 10 to 12 episodes per arc? like having 2 arcs in season 1. that doesn't look bad, but things will get a bit rush, and we don't want that. so i think the obvious thing is doing 20-24 episodes per acr, witch doesn't sound bad actually.

you also are forgetting that, even if this is a new show for those kids born after 2000, it's a show that was very popular(remember we got PGSM and it got really popular) and i'm not doubting that it will be very popular, any mahou shoujo show always get popular between girls, and even more, because i'm sure that those who grew up watching this show might want to see it too, so, i see future OVA and movies too Smile (i'm very optimistic towards this)

So back to topic, i see this anime between 50 to 100 episodes Smile witch is most obvious. but~ again, the producers and Naoko might have another idea, so we still gonna have to wait ):
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Fallen Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 10:12 am

:gives Mayo a weird look:

Dark kingdom a filler? It's the core story!
Back to top Go down
http://monokli.oszto
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 10:45 am

Nonononono! I meant, Fillers between the main arcs!
I included all of the main arcs in my list ^^ All 5 of them! (Future, Infinity, Dreams and Stars as well)
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 11:07 am

If the new anime is to be between 50 and 100 episodes, I'd prefer it to cover two arcs in-depth that five closely to manga. Manga story without addition won't be good to watch.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
HeartWarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 11:12 am

Haine wrote:
I wish, like really WISH, this anime doesn't have 200 episode, i don't want a full season with most of the episodes with fillers ( i had fun watching them, but still...)

First of all, as a person who watched a bunch of anime like most of you, you all know, Japanese anime from 2000 and up will not have 20 episodes per arc, mostly is 24 to 26, since they have to fill the "season" and one episode per week (ignoring special broadcast) takes 24 to 26 episodes, and summer season starts in June and ends in mid September or the beginning of October, so like i said, that's 24- 26 episodes.

what i think they will do? maybe 10 to 12 episodes per arc? like having 2 arcs in season 1. that doesn't look bad, but things will get a bit rush, and we don't want that. so i think the obvious thing is doing 20-24 episodes per acr, witch doesn't sound bad actually.

you also are forgetting that, even if this is a new show for those kids born after 2000, it's a show that was very popular(remember we got PGSM and it got really popular) and i'm not doubting that it will be very popular, any mahou shoujo show always get popular between girls, and even more, because i'm sure that those who grew up watching this show might want to see it too, so, i see future OVA and movies too Smile (i'm very optimistic towards this)

So back to topic, i see this anime between 50 to 100 episodes Smile witch is most obvious. but~ again, the producers and Naoko might have another idea, so we still gonna have to wait ):
We will just have to wait to see 25-30 Episodes per Season don't sound too bad to me because it can cut out a lot of useless Filler. However, again it's not our call, it's theirs... Hopefully not too short though as being 12-13 per Season, that just sounds like a horrible idea! x_x
Back to top Go down
HeartWarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 11:14 am

Moonlight Lady wrote:
If the new anime is to be between 50 and 100 episodes, I'd prefer it to cover two arcs in-depth that five closely to manga. Manga story without addition won't be good to watch.
Not all of the Manga stories from SM are all that great... there are things I liked so much more from the anime. Dark Kingdom Arc from Manga wasn't that exceedingly well in my opinion. Ep. 45-46 from anime was EPIC to me though, hope for something closely as great. R and SuperS needs to be re-worked on DEFINITELY! Especially with Outers in SuperS.
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 11:19 am

MoonPrismPowerMakeUp wrote:
Moonlight Lady wrote:
Not all of the Manga stories from SM are all that great... there are things I liked so much more from the anime. Dark Kingdom Arc from Manga wasn't that exceedingly well in my opinion. Ep. 45-46 from anime was EPIC to me though, hope for something closely as great. R and SuperS needs to be re-worked on DEFINITELY! Especially with Outers in SuperS.

I liked ep 45..46, but I felt that the creators went for the cheap solution by tele-kidnapping Mamoru once again. If they've let him recover and aid them in battling through Beryl's dark n dark caverns and fortress to the rotting heart of the dark kingdom, it could have been far more epic and fairy tale-like.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 11:21 am

Quote :

What but R and SuperS are two of the best seasons at least to me... I don't think anything from the old anime needs to be reworked for the new anime.

The new anime needs to be NEW, as in not taking fromthe old anime or PGSM or what not... maybe take a few elements from each version of Sailor Moon, but not like "oh this is just a redo of the classic anime." Cause... i'd like to see a new twist on SM. Thats why I like each version so much. They are all different spins on the story.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 11:38 am

I think it was good idea to make SuperS outerless season. I was brave of creators to not keep characters just for having them around. They had no purpose in SuperS.

I also would like it to be new, original rendition, yet I believe there will be some elements of old anime - it is the most known version. I can't see it being the direct adaptation of the manga.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 11:40 am

Yeah because as much as I love the manga and I wish elements of it were included iin the classic anime, it is rather short and lacks in character development and villain character development. Sometimes the plot moves along rather quickly too. I'm sure there will be some elements from the manga included, but I hope they do more than just a manga copy cat.

It may have worked for other series like FMA: Brotherhood, but the manga for FMA is like...super long way past the manga's original 18 volumes. :/
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 11:52 am

Yes, ITA completely and therefore if the new anime is shorter, I hope they won't rush to cover all arc, rather less, but deeper.
Back to top Go down
HeartWarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 1:04 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Quote :

What but R and SuperS are two of the best seasons at least to me... I don't think anything from the old anime needs to be reworked for the new anime.

The new anime needs to be NEW, as in not taking fromthe old anime or PGSM or what not... maybe take a few elements from each version of Sailor Moon, but not like "oh this is just a redo of the classic anime." Cause... i'd like to see a new twist on SM. Thats why I like each version so much. They are all different spins on the story.
What I mean't by that was that R and SuperS should be MUCH better than it was before.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 1:07 pm

If we're making seasons better. I'd want S and Stars to be better too.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 1:09 pm

I think that "better" is matter of taste...
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 1:17 pm

I like all the seasons very much, I think some where just written a bit better than others, that's all
Back to top Go down
HeartWarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 1:20 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
Lolz, Yes it is a matter of just taste and to me S and Stars with the two best seasons including Classic.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 1:22 pm

Hmm I think if we DO get the five arcs, I still doubt the Makaiju arc will be part of them, which is a shame...
Back to top Go down
HeartWarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 1:52 pm

I'm glad that Ail/Ann Arc won't be added, thank god. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 2:03 pm

What's the deal with fandoms considering filler arcs as not canon? ._.
Back to top Go down
HeartWarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 2:07 pm

The Poll is 50/50?? Where are the REAL fans? Lolz
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 2:11 pm

I think the thing is, we haven't even seen it yet, so its really hard to make a good guess on it. I would LOVE it to go on for 5 or more seasons...it could go on forever and I'd be happy. xD But I'm skeptical and worry about things happening a la PGSM style and it getting cut and only really being about one arc again.

I think once it starts coming out it'll be easier to form an opinion. :3
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 2:15 pm

Finding something to argue about? Personally I call bull on Camilla in R. Everything's wrong with her introduction. Maybe if it happened later, maybe if it was done better than pink cloud of deus ex machina completely lacking in any finesse of writing, MAYBE I wouldn't mind her that much.

Personally, I flip the filler/non-filler status of the two arcs in R. Alien arc did improve the characters a bit, while the whole plot of the Black Moon arc was akin to a corpse animated by strings of an inexperienced puppeteer's jerky, unelegant movements: painful to watch.

Perhaps it's just people trying to make sense of things.
Back to top Go down
HeartWarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 2:21 pm

Small Lady wrote:
I think the thing is, we haven't even seen it yet, so its really hard to make a good guess on it. I would LOVE it to go on for 5 or more seasons...it could go on forever and I'd be happy. xD But I'm skeptical and worry about things happening a la PGSM style and it getting cut and only really being about one arc again.

I think once it starts coming out it'll be easier to form an opinion. :3
Live Action does differ from Anime though. SM Anime was a lot more popular. Can't say about the Live Action PGSM since I never watched nor do care for those kinds of shows.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 2:37 pm

Popularity isn't to do with it... One of PGSM's greatest problems was it has TOO much continuity, with the episodes following one after another, I think it was too hard for kids to keep up with it properly, if the new anime does the same and loses the kid demographic, the show might even be cancelled or cut down by a few episodes. I don't think PGSM ever intended to go beyond one arc... it never really implied there was ever more to the story.
Back to top Go down
HeartWarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 4:16 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
Popularity isn't to do with it... One of PGSM's greatest problems was it has TOO much continuity, with the episodes following one after another, I think it was too hard for kids to keep up with it properly, if the new anime does the same and loses the kid demographic, the show might even be cancelled or cut down by a few episodes. I don't think PGSM ever intended to go beyond one arc... it never really implied there was ever more to the story.
That's how I always felt! Who was to tell that it was supposed to be more than one Arc. I was always under the impression it was supposed to be the Dark Kingdom Arc and that was all and along with two OVA's if I'm correct?

Last edited by MoonPrismPowerMakeUp on 3rd March 2013, 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 4:41 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:

Agree, mostly Stars because it's the final arc and the most important, at least for me.
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 5:23 pm

Well, I just hope when they get to Stars they do their own thing like keeping all the senshi alive to final battle.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 7:14 pm

I think when it comes to the new anime, if it really is going to be based along the manga storyline, then it won't be as many as five seasons. When you turn a written story into a manga some crucial points are lost in the transition, when you turn a manga into an anime things are again lost in the transition and this is why sometimes changes are made. Happens with books being turned into movies all the time. Kind of like the Avatar cartoon's first season being turned into a single movie. It just can not be done and remain in tact.

I think what is going to happen is there will most likely be less seasons, and if they decide they want to bump up and keep it going longer then they might take aspects from the anime and live action or even other Sailor Moon related series and kind of give it a filler is they think the market will support it.

You're all right when it comes to money, if it fails to be popular(Which I doubt, but we've seen some producers and directors ruin good things before so let's hope it does remain popular and breaches out to a newer audience) then they could cut the show completely.

In the processes of making manga, they will have the first season or a few episodes will have been completed before they begin working on anymore. The reason for this is because they don't want to put all the money and resources if the show airs and turns out to be a flop.

It's all touch and go and just about predictions at this point. When we learn more about the new anime we'll be able get a more accurate read but right now it's just theorizing and guessing.

I imagine close to airing time they might refurbish the original anime and put it on the air as a way to pump up fans but if they intend to do that in America I hope they get new voice actors :/ I loved the sub as a kid, but as a kid saying "all that and a bag of chips" was cool lmfao. The squealing voice of Serena just completely irritates me and much of their speech is outdated and if they aired it intended to grab a newer audience they'll ended up scaring the audience away and those people will think Sailor Moon is lame even though it's my first and forever favorite I must admit, the english dub was only acceptable to little kids in the 90s or fans that are able to still enjoy watching the dub today who had as kids.

After I watched the subtitles I just could never go back to liking the dub lol.

As for the fillers, I am oping they'll keep those certain aspects. Ail and Ann was a filler but Naoko helped them in working on the anime and movies, she didn't do much but she did help with the ideas and the play on Ail and Ann's name was classic Naoko as she's a huge fan of puns and secret meanings behind names. Ail and Ann was a play on the word Alien lol, I always thought it was cute.

I honestly hope the anime isn't to childish and isn't aimed towards kids the way the dub had intended to recreate it. I hope they do make it more along the lines of manga where we see rotting corpse bodies and a more mature tone to the story.

I don't want the anime to be just like the original anime. Not at all, I have the old anime and movies in subtitles so I can rewatch those whenever I want to enjoy that version but honestly? I love having options. I love the various different versions. I like the manga, the anime, I haven't seen much of the live-action or musicals but I like some of the aspects I've seen there too.

I guess as a writer and an artist myself, I can enjoy all different versions and want even more versions to watch, enjoy and be inspired from.

I can't wait till my Wacom Bamboo Create art tablet arrives so I can draw more. I intend to do what some of the artists on Youtube have done and create mini Sailor Moon clips^^
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 7:18 pm

One thing I forgot to mention was the most fillers that have happened in anime are only because they had no choice. The reason for the fillers in Sailor Moon, and most anime is that when the anime is being made, the manga is still being made at the same time so when the anime catches up in production to the manga but the manga is currently at a stand still because of the manga artist has writers block or whatever, they often add fillers or sometimes the anime will go a completely separate and different route then the original manga counterpart.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 7:22 pm

That may be true, but the Sailor Moon manga is finished so they really dont need to put in filler if they're following the manga more closely this time around. A good example of this is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It follow the manga more closely and there were only two filler episodes. I love Brotherhood over the original anime, but I wished it sill had some filler like the original anime.

Because of that I'm worried that there may not be a lot of filler if they're following the manga more closely. I want filler. D: It builds character.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??   Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else believe we'll get another 5 Seasons??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top