The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who Should it Be?
Ami
DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
Rei
DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Makoto
DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap30%DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 6 ]
Minako
DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap45%DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2013, 12:55 pm

Usagi went to Mamoru for help, when she couldn't transform at the beginning of S.

And I second more Mamoru and Naru not forgotten.

I don't actually see Rei as the one, who Usagi seeks comfort or help with - Rei seems rather like the friend, who pushes Usagi most (which isn't a bad thing). When Usagi turns for comfort or help it's usually to the whole group. I'd prefer every girl to have unique relationship with Usagi.

I voted for Ami.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed

Sailor Lilith

Star Seed

Title : ☾Sailor Luna☽

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2013, 1:37 pm

Small Lady wrote:
maybe if they go far enough that we get the Outers, it turns out Usagi is BFFs with like Setsuna or Michiru. XD (I'd actually be SOOOO down for Setsuna cause of the musicals...)
Whoa, I seriously love this idea! Even if not as BFFs, I'd like to see Usagi interact more with the Outers.
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2013, 2:32 pm

i say the new series should stick with Minako and Usagi's friendship i personally love the bond between them .It was much more deep.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2013, 7:04 pm

Moonlight Lady wrote:
Usagi went to Mamoru for help, when she couldn't transform at the beginning of S.

I don't actually see Rei as the one, who Usagi seeks comfort or help with - Rei seems rather like the friend, who pushes Usagi most (which isn't a bad thing). When Usagi turns for comfort or help it's usually to the whole group. I'd prefer every girl to have unique relationship with Usagi.

I voted for Ami.

If you think that Rei isn't the one Usagi goes to, I think you may need to rewatch the anime:

episodes 43, 45, 190, 196 are good examples.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2013, 7:11 pm

How about this:

Rei and Minako are besties to each other (coughwithnicehintiestomorecough).

Makoto is more like herself in PGSM and is closest to Usagi.

There! Very Happy XD

And then, also like PGSM, Ami just wants everyone together and feels happiest and whatnot when everyone is together yaaaaay.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neith
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Neith

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2013, 8:18 pm

I agree with Miss Tricks about having Naru bff moments in there...I'm a sucker for left-behind "muggle" characters. ;P

However, I voted for Ami. I would really like to see how her character would develop in an anime.

I also agree with Lady Tuxedo about more MinakoxRei bestfriendshipness. >w>
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2013, 3:07 am

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
Moonlight Lady wrote:

I voted for Ami.

If you think that Rei isn't the one Usagi goes to, I think you may need to rewatch the anime:

What do you mean in 190? I looked it up and there's little Rei - she supports Usagi too, but less than others (not because she doesn't want to, but because she is in different school - that's why Rei got kinda shafted in Stars).

And in 45 Usagi clings to Rei after others are gone. It's different than showing preference, when all are available.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed

Sailor Lilith

Star Seed

Title : ☾Sailor Luna☽

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2013, 5:31 am

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Oh ho ho, I greatly approve of this suggestion! Rei and Minako would just be the cutest best friends with benefits.
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2013, 2:09 pm

Sailor Lilith wrote:

I do agree with one point in your opinion, though, Brandi, that they would basically be appealing to same amount of fans if they made Usagi and Minako friends. I've rarely met a person who isn't a huge fan of the two of them, not just one or the other. It would be interesting to have her be friends with one of the other Inner Senshi, despite the fact that its obvious in the manga that she's closest to Minako.

Yeah that's basically what I meant, I mean out of all the inners I think they probably have the most overlaps as far as fans go :p
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2013, 6:18 pm

Moonlight Lady wrote:
Houyou no Senshi wrote:
Moonlight Lady wrote:

I voted for Ami.

What do you mean in 190? I looked it up and there's little Rei - she supports Usagi too, but less than others (not because she doesn't want to, but because she is in different school - that's why Rei got kinda shafted in Stars).

And in 45 Usagi clings to Rei after others are gone. It's different than showing preference, when all are available.

Sorry I meant 189**
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th February 2013, 3:41 am

But that scene actually is counter-argument - Usagi goes to the fortune-teller not knowing it's Rei. (Come to think, it's interesting, why Usagi chose to talk to a stranger, instead of one of her friends).
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th February 2013, 4:35 am

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
How about this:

Makoto is more like herself in PGSM and is closest to Usagi.

There! Very Happy XD

And then, also like PGSM, Ami just wants everyone together and feels happiest and whatnot when everyone is together yaaaaay.

How about:

Rei and Minako are best friends (kinda "duo" among Inners)

Usagi, Ami and Mako are "trio" and they go to the same schoo. They can sometimes add Naru to the mix. Later also grows friendship between Ami and Mamoru.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 5:04 pm

It's sad that I can't pick lol I'd prefer if they all were best friends, and I agree with Miss Tricks, Naru always held a special place in my heart as one of Usagi's best friend^-^
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 5:07 pm

I kind of meant the way the each version designates a character as Usagi's sort of runner up, Naru is a bit of a give in XD

Such as:

Anime: Rei
Manga: Minako
Musicals: Ami
Live-Action: Debatable, Probably Makoto who is the most active in the most storylines
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 5:11 pm

Hm, since each inner senshi get's a best friend role in these different versions then I'd want someone other then an inner senshi just to keep the playing field even XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013

View previous topic View next topic Back to top