The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

[SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime4th April 2013, 10:44 pm

I restate it- Chibiusa has the best wardrobe out of everyone. Literally. (except the princess dress.) Her outfits are always cute, always fashionable and pretty much timeless.

I wonder if Chibiusa picks them or if Ikuko picks for her
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime4th April 2013, 10:47 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
I restate it- Chibiusa has the best wardrobe out of everyone. Literally. (except the princess dress.) Her outfits are always cute, always fashionable and pretty much timeless.

I wonder if Chibiusa picks them or if Ikuko picks for her

If Ikuko picked them out- what happened? Usagi's outfits are always a hit or miss...-cringing at the memory of that green shorts and pinkish stripe number.- er... or the Orange short thing with the yellow long shirt...

guess Usagi picks out the disasters.
Back to top Go down
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th July 2013, 6:35 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
Quote :

~ I actually liked the episode with the dinosaur. I thought it was cute and a nice change of pace from the MotD stories.

so did i XD

Me too... Actually, (oh, this is so embarrassing...) I nearly cried when Kirin and his mother were trapped in the rocks... I managed to hold it in until the end of the episode and then I just lost it. (Don't worry, I took my medicine afterwards. Smile )
Back to top Go down
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th December 2014, 5:02 am

I know this thread hasn't been active for a looong time but i felt like posting my opinions:

I find the Naru/Nephrite really creepy....but i still ship it send help

While i hate Linda Ballantyne's "Serena" voice i LOVE her ManeMane voice

I don't mind the filler

And i find it kind of wrong that Neo-Queen Serenity becomes ruler of the whole world, forcibly purify's everyone (i say forcibly because in the manga they say that the Black Moon Clan are "Rebels who rejected the long lived society", hinting that everyone has to be purified) and exiling them to a desolate planet.

Last edited by SailorKittyElyon on 28th June 2015, 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th December 2014, 7:00 am

-Don't reallly see the deal in HarukaxMichiru
- Least favourite soldiers are Haruka and Michiru because they seemed to be too full of themselves and so stubborn
- I would like Stars better without the starlights
- I don't care about the dream talk in SuperS
- I didn't care about Chibiusa x Helios much
- I wish the starlights jumped infront of the inners in episode 196 instead of the other way around since the starlights are already pretty badly bruised and the inners can still fight with lots of energy
- I honestly didn't care when Seiya asked Usagi "Am I not good enough?"
- I thought Tux's roses were romantic
- I only started watching this anime since I found it funny how Usagi and Mamoru hated each other but their secret identities seemed rather attracted to each other
- Moonlight knight made me facepalm a lot
- I like the r movie a lot
- I wish Usagi didn't make the whole being a normal girl wish in episode 46 

-I wanted Usagi to stab sailor galaxia in episode 200 instead of just whimpering the whole time. Like everyone gushes over how Usagi threw her tiara at brainwashed Mamoru since she didn't want the inners' deaths wasted but for Galaxia, everyone gushes over how Usagi won't hurt her even though she killed all her friends. Won't everyones' deaths be wasted though? Once again Mamoru gets the short end of the stick.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th December 2014, 7:23 am

If you think about it most villains in the anime were healed and given a second chance. The Dark Kingdom and most of the Black Moon Clan were killed off. Also the witches 5 were killed, but one death was not caused by a solider. I can't remember the other witches 5 deaths at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th December 2014, 8:04 am

Actually i forgot my most unpopular anime opinion

I actually liked the break-up arc

DUN-DUN-DUN
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th December 2014, 8:07 am

I would liked it if it was written better. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fire
Pyramidal Crystal

Fire

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Teo. The official GC Haruka >:)

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th December 2014, 5:42 pm

The negative. :

- I don't like Sailor Mercury and Sailor Pluto (Ami and Setsuna) all that much. Ami reminds me of a lot of people I hated during my school years, even with her sweet attitude. I can't help but feel that underneath that "sweetness" is a side of her that I've known in real life and disliked... Over-achievers, teachers' pets - they can just stay away from me. And Setsuna... I get that the "mystery" is the whole appeal here, but personally I feel like I'm watching an empty vessel more than an actual character. I just don't feel her personality.

- While I love Haruka as a character and do like her relationship with Michiru, Neptune herself annoys me. She seems stuck-up and emotionless and so uber-talented and awesome that she's practically a Mary-Sue: awesome at music, awesome at painting, beautiful, rich, smart... Oh gimme a break. 

- I don't like the "Stars" season.

- I don't like any of the Eternal forms, but especially Moon's. They all look like cupcakes (and yay to everyone getting basically the same uniform in different colors and not one thing to set them apart from each other - imagination bankruptcy much?and Moon takes the cake (pun hehe) with the billion colors in her uniform. And those wings! Oh my god those are awful! 

- I don't like the items in Stars. They are so tacky... I love most of the past Sailor Moon items (with the "S" stuff taking the cake for purttiness) but when we get to the Stars items everything is just so UGLY and overdone. I might be one of the few fans who's not mourning the lack of Stars merch in this Anniversary. Because honestly, I feel better being able to buy sets that include items I actually like and want, rather than sets that make me go "here are my pretties... oh, and those ugly things I won't even look at" Laughing

- It makes me sad when the girls talk about their dreams: being idols and doctors, and models and brides, etc. The story in the Black Moon arc makes it pretty clear that the world they dream of spending their lives in will be eradicated and we don't know if they'll ever be able to have normal lives again - but the few Crystal Tokyo scenes we DO see always show them in their senshi uniform... So things are kinda pointing to everyone getting a 24/7 senshi job that lasts for thousands of years; in a world that's unlikely to accommodate their 20th Century dreams. 

The positive:

- '90s anime Rei is my favorite version of her. I get that some people prefer her more subtle (and man-hating) manga personality, but I feel like the way she was portrayed in the anime is more accurate to her fire element. And of course, it helps that I'm a lot like her in personality  [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 3309518329

- I prefer Crystal's BGM to the music in the old anime. I'm not a big fan of 90s anime music. But I am indeed a BIG fan of symphonic metal, and I really appreciate that some of the songs on the Crystal OST seem to be influenced by that sort of music.

- I like the love-hate thing Usagi and Mamoru have going in the anime. This was the '90s, dudes. We had Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts rom-coms and a few years after Sailor Moon we got Anastasia and Dimitri... romance in those years was ALL about the "they fall in love because they hate each other" approach. 

Also:

- This problem is generalized and not only with the anime. BUT the whole "Crystal Tokyo" thing leaves me uneasy for a number of reasons. Apart from the political aspect of it (yeah, I'll admit it's shady), I don't like the fact that it turns Usagi into a sort of "Queen of the Earth". The best part about Sailor Moon, when you're just getting into it, is that this simple, normal, little girl, can discover that she's got an amazing past life and that she can be awesome in the present even if she's not the most talented, smartest or prettiest of them all. At the beginning, "Sailor Moon" is basically saying "It's alright if you're ordinary, you can still be a total badarse". When you put Crystal Tokyo into the equation, the slice-of-life part gets completely eradicated and instead of Usagi remaining a normal human being with magical powers (but STILL a normal human being with a mum and dad and an allowance and grades and dreams), she suddenly becomes this technically immortal ruler of the world - and thus is unreachable for the rest of us. I do like the Black Moon arc because of the plot and drama but a part of me wishes the story never came to include these characters as queen and king and princess. You could've had Chibiusa coming to the past to save her mum even without her mum being a global monarch. In fact, Usagi could've still saved the planet WITHOUT becoming a public VIP. 

Naoko does this a lot even in the manga: whereas the characters start off as "ordinary" human beings, they become more and more of a "special snowflake" situation and at the end they're all untouchable for us, mere mortals: only owners of star seeds can reincarnate, only women can be senshi, only Moon can have romance because the others have sworn a vow of chastity... Well isn't our crybaby suddenly the specialest little snowflake in the entire galaxy.
Back to top Go down
http://society6.com/teohoble http://teo-hoble.tumblr.com/ http://teo-hoble.deviantart.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th December 2014, 9:30 pm

Quote :
- This problem is generalized and not only with the anime. BUT the whole "Crystal Tokyo" thing leaves me uneasy for a number of reasons. Apart from the political aspect of it (yeah, I'll admit it's shady), I don't like the fact that it turns Usagi into a sort of "Queen of the Earth". The best part about Sailor Moon, when you're just getting into it, is that this simple, normal, little girl, can discover that she's got an amazing past life and that she can be awesome in the present even if she's not the most talented, smartest or prettiest of them all. At the beginning, "Sailor Moon" is basically saying "It's alright if you're ordinary, you can still be a total badarse". When you put Crystal Tokyo into the equation, the slice-of-life part gets completely eradicated and instead of Usagi remaining a normal human being with magical powers (but STILL a normal human being with a mum and dad and an allowance and grades and dreams), she suddenly becomes this technically immortal ruler of the world - and thus is unreachable for the rest of us. I do like the Black Moon arc because of the plot and drama but a part of me wishes the story never came to include these characters as queen and king and princess. You could've had Chibiusa coming to the past to save her mum even without her mum being a global monarch. In fact, Usagi could've still saved the planet WITHOUT becoming a public VIP. 

Naoko does this a lot even in the manga: whereas the characters start off as "ordinary" human beings, they become more and more of a "special snowflake" situation and at the end they're all untouchable for us, mere mortals: only owners of star seeds can reincarnate, only women can be senshi, only Moon can have romance because the others have sworn a vow of chastity... Well isn't our crybaby suddenly the specialest little snowflake in the entire galaxy.

ALL OF THIS!!!  [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 1955989781

My biggest problem with the series is Crystal Tokyo and Chibiusa. I don't despise her, but I kind of wish she was a one time character.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1st February 2015, 6:54 pm

Moonlight Denestsu is just kinda meh.

I like the dub names.

I think it's fine that the other girls weren't given a love interest.
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Tiff123
Lotus Crystal

Tiff123

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th June 2015, 1:19 am

Tuxedo Kamen's speeches on the anime can be kind of funny sometimes.
Nephrite x Naru is the worst Sailor Moon pairing.
Sailor Mars is kind of overrated, though I still like her.
Kunzite is the hottest villain that I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th June 2015, 8:23 am

I don't have any unpopular opinions.

S & Stars are my two favorite seasons
I love all of the Outers unconditionally (really all of the characters though)
I strongly dislike the dinosaur episode

I guess an opinion not a lot of people seem to have is how little of a role Princess Kakyuu has in the anime. When I read the manga, she was SO AWESOME when she transformed and had such COOL attacks that I'm sad she appeared for like 2 episodes and then died.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20th June 2015, 11:24 pm

Am I the only one who finds Carry On to be overrated?  Lots of fans seem to love the song and think it's even better than Moonlight Densetsu.  It's certainly one of the better dub songs but the guitar riff was kind of cliche and the lyrics are very Saturday morning cartoony.  "The evul queen we must defeat?"  That's really better than Moonlight Densetsu?
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime19th July 2015, 10:07 pm

- I'm not into the Haruka/Michiru ship. I don't dislike it, but I don't like it either. I guess you could say I'm indifferent towards it. :p

- I've never watched Sailor Stars, and I do not intend to ever watch it either. I read the manga first, and I know enough about the Stars anime to know that I probably won't enjoy watching it because of how much it deviates from the manga.

- I find some of the filler episodes in the anime that focuses on the girls to be quite pointless some times. If they had contributed to the overall growth of the characters at the end of the season I wouldn't mind them as much, but too often than not the things we see the girls do on the side never get mentioned again (Amie writing music for example).

- I wished they'd brought up the thing about the Golden Kingdom and the Golden Crystal earlier in SuperS instead of dumping most of the important background stuff towards the end of the season. We could've seen more character development for Mamoru and Usagi if these things had been hinted at earlier rather than all during the build up to the season finale.

Last edited by mangaka-chan on 20th July 2015, 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Sailor Nike
Star Seed

Sailor Nike

Star Seed

Title : Second Exorcist

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20th July 2015, 4:55 pm

R is my least favorite season. Actually, I don´t care about it at all. I´m fine with the manga arc, though.

I like most of SuperS. The main problem is the ending.

I love Stars.
Back to top Go down
http://terumi-kantoku.tumblr.com http://azure-crystal-lotus.deviantart.com
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21st July 2015, 7:12 pm

Normal Sailor Moon's lack of feather clip things in the anime.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21st July 2015, 8:57 pm

brrrandiZZLe wrote:
Saturn Skyy wrote:
-I feel that some people only love HaruxMichi because they are lesbians.  Otherwise their relationship is blah to me

Oh my gosh. I COMPLETELY agree. I looooove them as characters but I personally don't feel like they're relationship is anything special. I guess a lot of it is just a fascination with how obvious their relationship was compared to how much the anime tried to cover it up. Also at that time (the 90's) no one ever really saw homosexual relationships on American TV so I guess a lot of people were just sticking up for that. But still. I couldn't agree more.
I do Haruka and Michiru as characters. They're my favortie Outers. But I don't ship them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
silverskywind
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21st July 2015, 9:15 pm

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not-but I absolutely hated the wardrobe that Usagi was wearing in the one Super S episode. It looked awful to me and I'm no fashion person.
Back to top Go down
La Li Lu Le Lo
Star Seed

La Li Lu Le Lo

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25th January 2016, 12:06 pm

Ah, my first post on this lovely forum and it'll be mostly an expression of frustration! Razz  Oh well, gotta vent sometimes!
1. I was very pleasantly surprised that a lot of people here seem to like SuperS season. I thought I was the only one for the longest time! And you guys dislike Stars, too? Oh man, is this opinion still unpopular? :3 So, yeah. I personally prefer SuperS over any other.
2. S season is overrated. And I honestly never understood how did it manage to get the rep of "dark and edgy" season. When I was binge watching SM not so long ago I honestly didn't see that much difference. Nehellenia, for me, was much creepier than anything from S. Idk, I still like this season, but I really feel it's overrated.
3. I love everything about Mamoru, fashion choices, speeches and break up included, and I love Chibs.
4. I love the transformation and attack sequences! I love them a lot. They always felt like some kind of ritual to me.
5. I love the "Clark Kent" syndrome. Razz
6. And last, but certainly not least - I looove Masahiro Ando. I have like a bazillion sceen caps from his episodes. Everything people hate about him I love - the pudgy faces, the square eyes, the general cartoony feeling. I love that his stuff is so... shonen. Because to be honest, I hate the ''shoujo look''. Another unpopular opinion for a SM fan I guess :^V
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25th January 2016, 2:31 pm

La Li Lu Le Lo wrote:
Ah, my first post on this lovely forum and it'll be mostly an expression of frustration! Razz  Oh well, gotta vent sometimes!
1. I was very pleasantly surprised that a lot of people here seem to like SuperS season. I thought I was the only one for the longest time! And you guys dislike Stars, too? Oh man, is this opinion still unpopular? :3 So, yeah. I personally prefer SuperS over any other.
2. S season is overrated. And I honestly never understood how did it manage to get the rep of "dark and edgy" season. When I was binge watching SM not so long ago I honestly didn't see that much difference. Nehellenia, for me, was much creepier than anything from S. Idk, I still like this season, but I really feel it's overrated.
3. I love everything about Mamoru, fashion choices, speeches and break up included, and I love Chibs.
4. I love the transformation and attack sequences! I love them a lot. They always felt like some kind of ritual to me.
5. I love the "Clark Kent" syndrome. Razz
6. And last, but certainly not least - I looove Masahiro Ando. I have like a bazillion sceen caps from his episodes. Everything people hate about him I love - the pudgy faces, the square eyes, the general cartoony feeling. I love that his stuff is so... shonen. Because to be honest, I hate the ''shoujo look''. Another unpopular opinion for a SM fan I guess :^V

Hiiiii (welcome to the forum) I think i agree with you on everything but #6. I think my problem with that style is I felt it would've worked better for lighter content episodes, like all the fun monster of the day eps. Generally the style would show up on more plot heavy episodes that I felt a different style would fit better. My favorite will always be Ikuko Itoh tho, especially since we see a lot of her work in SuperS (which is best season lol). <3
Back to top Go down
La Li Lu Le Lo
Star Seed

La Li Lu Le Lo

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25th January 2016, 10:38 pm

I see what you mean, and Ikuko's work is really impressive, but I always connected with cartoony cute characters better for some reason x) For example, Osamu Tezuka's style is very cartoony, but it almost never correlates with the story, which like most of the time can be extremely depressing, and the look of despair on these Popeye-looking characters really hits me in the feels; same with "Now and then, here and there", where the characters look like they were made for some cute kid anime. That's how it works for me anyway! I really do understand why people might not agree, but I feel like explaining why I feel differently :Y
Back to top Go down
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Princess Sailor Mai

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th January 2016, 9:47 am

But if you think about it, they had to be that way.  They had their mission from the Queen and have to complete.  They just saw Usagi and the inner senshi as being to soft-hearted and not wanting to sacrifice things, which would have been needed in their mission.  I don't know, I feel that made that all the more lovable.  However, at the end of S, they did decided to trust Usagi.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 9:04 am

I've had this thought for a long time and I really need to let it out: I hate it that the English dub called them sailor scouts instead of sailor guardians or sailor soldiers. It completely gives the wrong impression of what they are and what they do. Now I just wince every time I read that term >.>
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 9:05 am

I think it was more to link it to being like girl scouts/boy scouts maybe? Do good things?
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 9:08 am

Sailor Mercury wrote:
I've had this thought for a long time and I really need to let it out: I hate it that the English dub called them sailor scouts instead of sailor guardians or sailor soldiers. It completely gives the wrong impression of what they are and what they do.
AGREED.

I also like how rude Mamoru was during the DK arc. It was entertaining and refreshing imo. I also love the Moonlight Knight. Like a lotRazz
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 9:12 am

MK was so dorky I was so embarrassed FOR him xD
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 9:13 am

Yeah but girl scouts are nowhere near warriors/soldiers. They actually make me think of kids.

I like failed evil Endymion, and how he completely tried to help the girls at every turn.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 9:21 am

Well, they kind of are kids which is what I think they were getting at, but given the girls history, senshi/soldier makes way more sense.
Back to top Go down
PrincesseNee
Lotus Crystal

PrincesseNee

Lotus Crystal

Title : Spread the love, people! ~Lover of Inner Senshi~
Location : Where Peace, Love, and Gumdrops are! AKA My Imagination. :3

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 9:48 am

- I like the dub BGM (though only in intense moments), I felt like the music really captured felt emotions in those moments. 

-Stars in the anime seemed more like a teen drama than Sailor Moon imo.

-I like Jill Frappier as Luna, she seems more like a mentor, but maybe that's me being old fashioned. 

-Usagi and Mamo's romance at times felt a bit forced in the later seasons. The first season was a little more believable with their bickering, so I liked that a bit more. 

-I wish Mamoru was a stronger supporting character, maybe he could have his own team with the Shittenou. Maybe they could accent more parts of his personality (like his sarcasm) so he's more central to the plot cos in the anime he just seems...there.

Last edited by PrincesseNee on 10th April 2016, 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime

View previous topic View next topic Back to top