The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lady Claudia of Crystal Tokyo

[SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime Empty
PostSubject: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime20th November 2012, 6:55 pm

I was surprised to not see a topic for this! If there is one similar, please someone tell me so that there aren't any repeats! I thought I would make this thread for all of the fandom's popular and cherished things that you may not enjoy or "get" as much as other fans! Smile

I guess I shall start! For me personally, I've noticed that loads of people LOVE three main things: Crystal Tokyo, The Sailor Starlights and Haruka and Michiru.

I always thought of Crystal Tokyo as this ideal future but I never really liked the design of it. I feel like, on an industrial level, if the city were to use so much crystal to build every single structure, an attack on the city would be devastating, just like in SMR. It's not safe, even with the Inners power. And what about the regular citizens and their shops and such? Would they not be protected? I don't know. I've always wondered that.

Stars is my least favorite season because of the Starlights. Although I really like them, especially Yaten, I don't see their point. It's like "too little too late" for me to get attached to a set of characters, and they kind of divert the attention from the fact that the season is the final one.

Haruka and Michiru are cool, stylish and romantic, but that's about it for me. I never really grew to LOVE them like some people do, and that's okay. I just took them as some stubborn soldiers who didn't see Usagi for what she really was. I just wish they had trusted people more rather than stick like glue to each other and not let anyone in. (kind of how Michiru was so cold to Ami when she was racing her in the pool)
Back to top Go down
http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://claujowrites.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/monkeejr?feature=mhee
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime20th November 2012, 7:12 pm

Ah, here's mine- Despite the fact that Sailor Senshi give so many silly speeches, I find Tuxedo Kamen's more insightful and just better spoken then the girls. Especially since he comes up with a new way of delievering them all the time. I'm in the small minority that likes it and the rose throw.

-Starlights, I have to agree with the Op on this. Not just because they distract from the main cast and ect, but their personalities are just so..terrible. Like when they amped up Usagi's childish qualities, they did the same with the Starlights. Seiya in particular, just makes me uncomfortable. Not to mention, I sometimes see her as a clone of Mamoru- only younger and female. That's about it.

-Can I just say that the Stars season is possibly one of the worst seasons artstyle wise? Like it was alternating between down right beautiful moments but then the lazy artstyle kinda ruins certain scenes and geeze...Usagi and Minako's hair color. Neon Yellow. Ouch.

-Also..think Eternal Sailor Moon's transformation pose and her upgraded attack pose are the silliest things. I can't take them seriously.

-Did I mention I didn't care much for the animators'/concept artist's decision on giving Chibiusa a basic miniature clone of her mother's gown? I found it so..odd looking on her. Like it took away from her own originality and id. making her more of a pink haired red-eyed clone of Usagi vs. just looking in any magazine and making a basic simple dress for a little girl like her. Or at least make it pink. Anything different.

v.v; -kinda feels like I'm complaining.-
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime20th November 2012, 7:19 pm

Quote :
Haruka and Michiru are cool, stylish and romantic, but that's about it
for me. I never really grew to LOVE them like some people do, and that's
okay. I just took them as some stubborn soldiers who didn't see Usagi
for what she really was. I just wish they had trusted people more rather
than stick like glue to each other and not let anyone in. (kind of how
Michiru was so cold to Ami when she was racing her in the pool)

I agree with this. I love the outers and everything, but I don't super duper love them.

Stars anime- I thought it was better than the manga. MY ONLY REASON WHY: Everyone wasn't killed off too quickly like in the manga. I just didn't like it. I felt the Stars manga was way too rushed and I really did want to learn more about the Starlights. I didn't understand the point of them being them there in the first place. I like how in the anime they were given a larger role, BUT they should have been written better and not hog all the spot light.

Quote :
Ah, here's mine- Despite the fact that Sailor Senshi give so many silly
speeches, I find Tuxedo Kamen's more insightful and just better spoken
then the girls. Especially since he comes up with a new way of
delievering them all the time. I'm in the small minority that likes it
and the rose throw.
I love Tux's speeches. To me they show Mamo's corny side and I love it! Plus roses are deadly! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime20th November 2012, 10:51 pm

Sometimes this fandom just kills Haruka x. Michiru for me @_@ its like "i get it. there are other things too." I love me some HarukaMichiru but I don't want it shoved in my face in every single conversation with Sailor Moon =\

Also hatred of SuperS and Chibiusa. I love SuperS and Chibiusa T.T I don't see a thing wrong with them.

I also think Stars had a weak ending plot. *gasp*
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 11:38 am

ITA about Haruka and Michiru. And it bugs me how many people hates SuperS solely because they weren't there.

And IMO giving to a guy rose as a weapon - one of the most brilliant ideas ever!

Now my very unpopular opinions (so unpopular, I don't exist [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime 2041938683)

I generally support or approve the changes made by anime staff to the manga storyline.

I LOVE the break-up... (don't shoot)

I don't see Mamoru as deficient boyfriend - actually my few irritations with their were because of Usagi (except for break up, of course).
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 12:47 pm

Agreed. The anime is not the manga, it is a unique rendition of the Sailor Moon series *nods* it doesn't have to be the manga. Sure there are some things I would have liked animated, but I'm not very annoyed that they aren't there. (The Outers actually don't fit into the SuperS anime ._. its about Chibiusa trying to find her own path in life, I think it would be difficult with too many adults in recurring roles, best keep it having cool big sis-es instead I think)

I like the break-up plot too. The Ayakashi Sister / Esmeraude anime arc is probably my favourite in the series.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 3:41 pm

So many unpopular opinoins that are my unpopular opinions!

1. Love the SuperS season, probably my 2nd fav season

2. Stars is my least favorite season.

3. SeraMyu is better than the anime.

4. Actually now that I've pretty much almost experienced everything besides the anime. The anime is my least favorite version of Sailor Moon (granted I still love them all on about an equal level, but when I have to choose, anime goes last these days).

5. I love Chibi-Usa. <3

6. Starlights are only cool in the musicals. xD
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 3:50 pm

I love chibusa as well.

I enjoy the Cloverway dub over the dic dub. Sure, Serena's voice sucks, but I don't think it's that bad. I liked how they kept the original music and despite the edits the episode scripts are way closer to the Japanese script than the Dic's dubbed episodes.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 4:13 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
I love chibusa as well.

I enjoy the Cloverway dub over the dic dub. Sure, Serena's voice sucks, but I don't think it's that bad. I liked how they kept the original music and despite the edits the episode scripts are way closer to the Japanese script than the Dic's dubbed episodes.

^^ Very true! Plus Serena's voice gets better in the SuperS season (but its still pretty bad, you can just hear some improvements...lol)
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 8:41 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
I love chibusa as well.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat...I honestly had no idea that there were two different dubs.... Where is this coming from...
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 8:46 pm

lol Dic dubbed Classic and R and lost the rights/dropped Sailor Moon then Cloverway took over and dubbed S and SuperS.
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 8:55 pm

This is my list!

-Saturn was jipped in S and Stars! She had no real transformation or henishen.

-Sailor Pluto had one attack she used over and over again! It's like toei lost its imagination.

-The outers dubb names were just terrible!!!! [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime 2552997083

- Sailor Moons Supers attack sucked.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 10:18 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
lol Dic dubbed Classic and R and lost the rights/dropped Sailor Moon then Cloverway took over and dubbed S and SuperS.

*coughs* Actually, what I think happened was that Dic went out of business before they could get to S and SuperS. Thats why Pioneer had taken over dubbing the movies before Cloverway took over the S and SuperS season. Not 100% on if thats exactly the case, but I'm pretty positive by the time Cloverway was producing the S and SuperS seasons, Dic had been long gone.

Anjyu, I think most of your opinions would be considered "popular ones" in the fandom (with the exception of your last one because I love Moon's SuperS attack XD). xD We're talking about opinions that you feel like not many others have.
Back to top Go down
Athena
Lotus Crystal

Athena

Lotus Crystal

Title : actual peggy carter

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 10:22 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
Sometimes this fandom just kills Haruka x. Michiru for me @_@ its like "i get it. there are other things too." I love me some HarukaMichiru but I don't want it shoved in my face in every single conversation with Sailor Moon =\

This. So. Freaking. Much.
Back to top Go down
http://thesteverogers.tumblr.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 10:44 pm

I love Chibiusa very much! She is not annoying at all.

Classic has the best ending of all the seasons endings.

Ail and En are awesome and I love their arc.

I also like the break-up arc.

I don't think the filler episodes are annoying.

Stars is also my least favorite and least watched season, even though I love Aluminum Siren incredibly much <3 <3

[SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime 1367558771
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 10:54 pm

I thought liking stars was an unpopular opinion.
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

Senior Member  Saturn Emeritus

Title : (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。magical weirdo, Original Saturn

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 11:42 pm

I always hated how a lot of my friends have an opinion that Sailor Moon is for kids.... This ALWAYS bothered me.

Yes, the for kids addition of Sailor Moon on PBS was edited.... but in reality Sailor Moon isn't kid friendly at all. Every time I hear one of my friends say this, I go off into a huge rant, especially about the last season with Stars.

Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 1:44 am

Remember that musical version will all the murders and suicide.

How many shoujo animes can say that?
Back to top Go down
ChibiBoi
Star Seed

ChibiBoi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 2:22 am

Yamichan16 wrote:
I thought liking stars was an unpopular opinion.
What?? I always thought Stars was among one of the fan-favorites, along with S!

Sailor Saturn wrote:
I always hated how a lot of my friends have an opinion that Sailor Moon is for kids.... This ALWAYS bothered me.

Yes, the for kids addition of Sailor Moon on PBS was edited.... but in reality Sailor Moon isn't kid friendly at all. Every time I hear one of my friends say this, I go off into a huge rant, especially about the last season with Stars.

It's kid-friendly in Japan lol not really in America though

Anyway, I really liked the idea of Mamoru and Usagi breaking up. I just don't think the anime executed it very well... I feel like Mamoru was SOOO SO SOOO annoying through all of it.

I also really liked Linda Ballentyne's version of Usagi. I thought she had a lovely voice when she WASN'T trying to be Terri Hawkes. She only sounded SOMEWHAT like Terri, but most of the time I feel like she sounded like an old grandma. I loooooooove her Princess Serenity voice though, like when she's falling to the ground with Rini during the final episode of SuperS.

As for other dub changes, even thought Haruka and Michiru were one of my favorite love stories in the Japanese anime, I thought the change to cousins in the dub was actually very clever. Obviously because of censorship, they couldn't leave them as lesbians in the dub, it wouldn't have made it on air to afternoon Cartoon Network for kids. But changing them to "cousins," that's something I wouldn't have even thought of! It's kind of like how Italy changed Starlights so that whenever they transform, the male versions have their sisters take cover, or something like that--pretty original and clever.

Same goes for Fisheye's sex change, it was pretty expected, but I always thought Fisheye was a girl anyway LOL except for that episode where he takes off his shirt and he has no boobs, I was like "wait... what...?"

Oh, and I don't know if this is popular or unpopular, but I really didn't like Neon Queen Serenity apart from her cool crown. She just laid there and didn't do much. She didn't really have personality either... I guess a few centuries really changed Usagi lol
Back to top Go down
SailorCelestialTiger
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 1:49 pm

My unpopular opinions-

~ I actually liked the episode with the dinosaur. I thought it was cute and a nice change of pace from the MotD stories.

~ I *loved* Ami/Amy's first voice in the English dub. Yes, the British accent. Her second dub voice was so...bland.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 1:54 pm

Quote :

~ I actually liked the episode with the dinosaur. I thought it was cute and a nice change of pace from the MotD stories.

so did i XD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 2:23 pm

ChibiBoi wrote:
Oh, and I don't know if this is popular or unpopular, but I really didn't like Neon Queen Serenity apart from her cool crown. She just laid there and didn't do much. She didn't really have personality either... I guess a few centuries really changed Usagi lol

I always though the reason for that is that we didn't see that much of her...plus she was kinda in a coma type thing incased in the Silver Crystal, so I don't know how much you'd expect her to do. xD Plus there are several instances that indicate that she is indeed still Usagi (like the letters she gives to Chibi Usa, Diana in the anime talking about how the Queen and King often play hookey, etc.)
Back to top Go down
ChibiBoi
Star Seed

ChibiBoi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 9:29 pm

Small Lady wrote:
ChibiBoi wrote:

I always though the reason for that is that we didn't see that much of her...plus she was kinda in a coma type thing incased in the Silver Crystal, so I don't know how much you'd expect her to do. xD Plus there are several instances that indicate that she is indeed still Usagi (like the letters she gives to Chibi Usa, Diana in the anime talking about how the Queen and King often play hookey, etc.)
I really liked that episode of S haha I thought it was so funny, and how Neo Queen Serenity still didn't know how to write kanji. But we didn't really see any of that in R. She seemed so regal, even when she greeted Chibiusa when she came back :-/
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 9:57 pm

ChibiBoi wrote:
Small Lady wrote:
ChibiBoi wrote:

I really liked that episode of S haha I thought it was so funny, and how Neo Queen Serenity still didn't know how to write kanji. But we didn't really see any of that in R. She seemed so regal, even when she greeted Chibiusa when she came back :-/

I think they were just trying to show how much Usagi does mature in the future. I would say my 14 year old self is a lot different than my current age. People change as they grow older, I'd find it weird if Usagi didn't at least mature some by the time she is queen.
Back to top Go down
ChibiBoi
Star Seed

ChibiBoi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 10:14 pm

Small Lady wrote:

I think they were just trying to show how much Usagi does mature in the future. I would say my 14 year old self is a lot different than my current age. People change as they grow older, I'd find it weird if Usagi didn't at least mature some by the time she is queen.
Well I mean there's a difference between maturing, and not having any personality. Which is why I didn't like the portrayal of Neon Queen Serenity. queen
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 10:15 pm

They didn't really give her anytime to show personality though. Also, its Neo instead of Neon. Razz
Back to top Go down
ChibiBoi
Star Seed

ChibiBoi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 10:28 pm

^lol oops typo
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime23rd November 2012, 4:24 am

Everyone talks about how ugly Mamoru's outfits are-but to me, the girls are dressed way worse than he will ever be. The only one that's exempted from this notion for me, is actually Chibiusa, who has a better fashion sense than everyone.
Back to top Go down
LeonaSenshi
Star Seed

LeonaSenshi

Star Seed

Title : Resin addict 4ever & ever

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime23rd November 2012, 3:15 pm

Well I have some small opinions at this point on things that are overlooked in the anime.
For once, I still loved how the battle between Neherenia ended in Sailor Moon Stars, I think that for the first time, Usagi really suffered enough that Neherenia really pissed her off when Chibiusa disappears, I think the expression that Usagi gave to Neherenia was Awesome and sadly never seen again (at least in the anime, the manga had lots of it!), well kinda, when the Sailors die at the hands of galaxia.

I do think Chibiusa is annoying (she reminds me a lot of my younger sister), always wanting to commit incest with Mamoru XD that's just something that in the anime and the manga I always thought it was weird and unnecessary.

Saturn is criticized a lot because she doesn't fight ever and appears rarely, but I think she is the most awesome Sailor as she is the most Powerful as well, the reason why she never fights is due to her dying with it as well XD which she almost did if it wasn't for chibiusa at neherinia's castle.

The fact that Pluto is the OLDEST Sailor of them all, and not old as in "oh she's like 20" more like 1000 years since she was the guardian of the gate of time and was there since before the Silver Millennium, and this is without rebirth like the others.

I probably have more but I need to remember XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.leonasworkshop.com
nekosenshi
Star Seed

nekosenshi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime7th January 2013, 12:15 pm

I like Chibiusa.
I like Haruka and Michiru the way they are in the anime, not the way they are in the fandom... Though that might be a popular opinion...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime   [SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SPOILER] Unpopular Opinions on the anime

View previous topic View next topic Back to top