The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Juu~
Lotus Crystal

Juu~

Lotus Crystal

Title : ~hachi

Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2012, 8:59 am

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Juuhachi wrote:
I prefer V-Chan over V-babe Like a Star @ heaven

Aw, I love them both! I actually did not realize that one was a replacement for the other - I just thought they were said at different times. I like them both because they seem to have two different connotations. V-chan is more affectionate while V-babe has that spunky fun lilt to it that describes the bond that Usagi and Minako have with their shared personalities.

True, they're both cute 🐷
Back to top Go down
http://juuhachi18.tumblr.com/ http://juuhachi18.deviantart.com/
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2012, 1:53 pm

Miki wrote:
Esmeralda is a very nice name... And it does suit Esmeraude o.o *approves*

Yup! That's why I included it.
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2012, 1:57 pm

My preference is this:

Demand over Dimande
Tellur over Tellu
Kaolinite over Kaorinite
Saphir over Saffir
Neherenia over Nehellenia
Metalia over Metaria
Fisheye over Fish's Eye
Rubeus over Rubis
Tenou over Tenoh
Kaioh over Kaiou
Meiou over Meioh
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th April 2012, 11:00 pm

AFTER AN HOURS RESEARCH MY DEATH BUSTERS NAMES TOOK A COMPLETE TURN AROUND! *IMPORTANCE PEAK*

Kaolinite, Eudial, Cyprine, Ptilol and of course Tellur remain. So what if I used some different ones that I'm now disagreeing in the past ^_^ YAY FOR FICKLENESS~!

However, I no longer accept:

Mimete or Viluy!

I know will only take Mimet and Vilyui!

Both account better for the Japanese and also reference names of minerals better in my opinion ^^

Vilyui also makes the pronunciation obvious and it looks kinda cool XD

Last edited by Miki on 11th May 2012, 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th May 2012, 4:50 am

Bump:

Eilu and An over Eiru/Ail/Ali and An over En (yay to hishou)

Esmeraude of the Green over Green Esmeraude/Esmeraude of Green
Saphir of the Blue over Blue Saphir/Saphir of Blue
Rubeus of the Crimson over Crimson Rubeus/Rubeus of Crimson

Perle over Peruru

Sailor Tin Nyanko over Sailor Tin Cat
Sailor Titanium Kerokko over Sailor Titan Frog

Bloody Dracul Vampir over Bloody Dracul Vampire
Count Dracul over Count Dracula
Le Fay over Ru Fei
Lilith of Darkness over Lillith of Darkness

Loof Merrow over Luff Merrow / Roof Mellow <--- this one. Just no. I can tolerate some of these romanisations but no. no. no. no. no. no. no. What kind of Pirate-Princess is a Mellow Roof o.o

and again with the:

YAY! EVERYONE LETS USE THESE FOREVER ^_^ [miki, pushing people? never o.o that doesn't happen. she would never do that. I mean come on its miki, she doesn't force anyone into anything...]

Kaolinite
Eudial
Mimet
Vilyui
Tellur
Cyprine
Ptilol

Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd May 2012, 1:24 am

bump.

Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd May 2012, 1:30 am

Nehelenia over Nehellenia

Saphir over Safir

Dimande over Demand

Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd May 2012, 1:36 am

Nehellenia/Nehelenia is one of the few characters i never decided on. I dont mind either of those two, though I definitely dont like Neherenia and that one time i saw "Nephramia" which was... interesting. I suppose i like Nehellenia because it says "hell" XD

Is there any reason why you prefer Nehelenia, may I ask? I've never actually looked into the etymology behind the character so i dont know much about where that name comes from.
Back to top Go down
Shinwa
Star Seed

Shinwa

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd September 2012, 3:03 pm

Nehellenia was named after the goddess Nehelennia.

The two anime only characters have names that, when spoken without a pause, make "alien" — the English word that is. So I think that Ginga Natsumi should have the proper name of En, while her "brother" should have the proper name of Ali.

I do prefer the following:
» Berthier over others
» "Submarine Violon Tide!" which is Sailor Neptune's manga only ability.
» "Sabão Spray!" over "Shabon Spray!"
» Sailor Aluminum Seiren — as in the Greek name for the half-bird half-human creatures in Greek mythology
» Ten'ō, Kaiō, Meiō — the surnames of the Outer Soldiers over most other versions.
» Tuxedo Mask — Seeing as kamen is often translated as mask, Tuxedo Mask is his name.
» Kōbe Ruruna, the name of the one who cosplays as a Sailor soldier in one of Chibi-Usa's shorts.
» Ōsaka Naru and her little sister Ōsaka Naruru, their mother is likely called "Ōsaka-san" by customers.
» Shiten'nō over Generals

On a related note, does any one know the name of Michiru's violin? The one that comes from Marine Cathédrale?
Back to top Go down
http://shinwa-tsuki.deviantart.com/
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd September 2012, 3:16 pm

Shinwa wrote:
On a related note, does any one know the name of Michiru's violin? The one that comes from Marine Cathédrale?

You mean Stradivarius? Or does it actually have a personal name like "Oceanic Violin" or something xD

(Stradivarius is a type of violin that is incredibly insanely expensive and rare. They sell for millions of dollars, and are said to be the best violins in the world!)
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd September 2012, 4:25 pm

Yay an entire list of all the villains in Sailor Moon (excluding minor ones) and how i personally like to spell them

Dark Kingdom:

Jadeite
Nephrite
Zoisite
Kunzite
Kalunite
Hiddenite
Hematite
Fluorite
Adonis / Danburite
Princess Linlin
Mio Curoki
Youma
Queen Beryl
Queen Metalia

Makaiju Aliens:

Eilu
An
Makaiju

R Movie:

Fiore
Xenian
Hana Youma

S Movie:

Princess Snow Kaguya
Snow Dancer

SuperS Movie:

Queen Badiane
Poupelin
Banane
Orangeat

Black Moon Clan:

Koan
Berthier
Calaveras
Petz
Aaron
Manna
Tilmun of the Speckles
Rubeus of the Crimson
Saphir of the Blue
Esmeraude of the Green
Black Lady
Aquatici
Veneti
Droid
Prince Demand / Hikaru Kurozuki
Wiseman
Death Phantom

Death Busters:

Kaolinite
Death Nightmares
Death Mannetjes
Eudial
Mimet
Tellur
Vilyui
Cyprine
Ptilol
Daimon
Professor Souichi Tomoe / Germatoid
Mistress 9
Master Pharaoh 90

Hell Destiny:

Apsu
Sin
Anshar
Nabu
Nergal
Marduk
Ishtar
Kishar

People of the Planet Grimm:

Barako Hoshino / Gallica
Hanako Hoshino / Centi
Shintarou Hoshino / Damask
Kibou Hoshino / Alba
Seika Hoshino / Moss

Dead Moon Circus:

Tiger's Eye
Hawk's Eye
Fisheye
CereCere
PallaPalla
JunJun
VesVes
Xenotime
Zeolite
Mirror Paredri
Lemures
Nazo no Shoujo
Zircon
Zirconia
Queen Nehelenia

Pirates of Artuqa:

Loof Merrow
Serpen
Kraken
Cerun
Selkie

Personification of the comet Coatl:

Dark Plasman
Leah Ruby
Zilpah Sapphire
Bilhah Emerald
Dark Menorah
Dark Mirror

Vampire Clan:

Count Dracul
Bloody Dracul Vampir
Le Fay / Olam Tiphareth

People Manipulated By the Machinations of the Death Nightmares

Death Lamia
Undead Berserk
Dark Cain
Death Vulcan
Astarte
Elizabeth Bathory
Marquise DeBrinvilliers
Baron Gilles de Rais
Demon Lilit
Demon Lilim
Mandrake
Mandrako
Homunculus
Lilith of Darkness
Magi Saint Germain

Dark Sirius Gundan:

Dark Nibiru / Black Sirius Scorpion
Dark Maya / White Crow Ado
Dark Sumer / Devil Miki
Dark Dogon / Sensational Jaguar Mask
Dark Rachel
Dark Ham
Dark Japeth
Dark Shard
Dark Monolith
Dark Shem

Miscellaneous Villains:

Cutie Kenko

Zeta
Epsilon

Lyrica Hubert

Resin
Bonnoun
Touhiichan
Ghost Sistern
Otakura

Shadow Galactica:

Sailor Iron Mouse
Sailor Aluminum Seiren
Sailor Lead Crow
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Sailor Pewter Fox
Sailor Titanium Kerokko
Sailor Buttress
Sailor Phi
Sailor Chi
Sailor Theta
MC Fly
Kyaos
Phage
Sailor Galaxia

Sailor Chaos

Chaos

Last edited by Houyou no Senshi on 23rd September 2012, 10:04 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo Cute Kenko ---> Cutie Kenko)
Back to top Go down
Shinwa
Star Seed

Shinwa

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 7:58 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Shinwa wrote:

You mean Stradivarius? Or does it actually have a personal name like "Oceanic Violin" or something xD

(Stradivarius is a type of violin that is incredibly insanely expensive and rare. They sell for millions of dollars, and are said to be the best violins in the world!)

I was asking if Michiru's violin has a personal name, though knowing the type of violin is nice to know.

Houyou-san: Wouldn't that be Kuroki Mio? Mio's name should be next to Beryl's name as, from what I understand, they two are the same person. For that matter, I think you should separate the "series" the villain names comes from so that it would be easier.

All: Is, in the Musicals, Prince Demandt really known as Kurozuki Hikaru? Or even Hikari?

And, shouldn't Princess Linlin (not Rinrin as she is supposedly from China), Adonis/Danburite/Kaitou Ace/Saijou Ace, Flourite, and the others from The Code Name is Sailor V should be listed under Dark Agency if I'm not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 8:08 pm

Well remember these are just personal choices, call Saeko Mizuno, Chibidoodles if you must.

But in answer to your questions:

I don't like putting Japanese names first when I'm speaking in English. I personally just don't see the point of adjusting their customs to ours, I've never met a Japanese person who in English puts their family name first unless they've made a mistake, but thats a personal choice. To me, Mio and Beryl aren't quite the same person. Mio is a creation of Beryl, who she can see through and retains part of her personality, mainly to torment Usagi and her friends. This doesn't make them one in the same. If you notice, Mio is destroyed and Beryl lives, later Beryl dies and Mio lives. So I see them as separate individuals. The list of characters is in groups but the groups don't really have a real order to them... did I say it did? o.o I just went through the villains as they came to mind

Kuroki/Curoki is another one I'm not totally sure, one episode of PGSM she spells her name in English. It could either be a K or a C... I went with C because i could see a C better.

In the musical "Sanctuary of Love", taking place about a year after the events of Black Lady, Prince Demand takes on the civilian name of Hikaru Kurozuki.

The Dark Agency is a subsection of the Dark Kingdom and therefore i just included it in there. As for Princess Linlin, I just go for the R sound because it fits better with one of her attacks which puns off r noises. I'm not too fussed about her name since it doesn't seem to have any real entymology behind it. I suppose Linlin is probably more accurate. Thanks for your thoughts. I have amended that one though to be honest with you, I am much less versed with Codename wa Sailor V than with other versions.
Back to top Go down
Shinwa
Star Seed

Shinwa

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 9:42 pm

It's okay not to be well versed with some materials... seeing as I'm not well versed with either the Musicals or the Live Action versions. Anyway, Linlin is similar to the Wan-Wan, Chū-Chū, and Nyan-Nyan pet-villains in Code Name as well as Palla-Palla and the rest of the Amazones Quartetto in terms of name repetition.

For anyone wishing to know, the Chinese character (which Japanese kanji is based on) in Linlin's name is 惏惏 which is only 惏 repeated. 惏 can be read as rin in Japanese, or as lín in Chinese, 惏 means 'avaricious' or 'greedy cold'. Princess Linlin, in Code Name, is seen in China and is defeated/killed in China — which makes Linlin a very good choice when it comes to her name.

Dies Gaudii is a very good site for things like that. I personally like using Wiktionary for foreign words.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 9:54 pm

I think Dies Gaudii is already linked somewhere in this, though personally I don't use it because occasionally I feel (and please please don't take this the wrong way) his details are getting a little spurious or esoteric, but each to their own. There is no right or wrong answers (except Kaorinite. Thats just wrong.)

Mimetic words as well as ones that double their sounds are quite common in Japanese, so its not very surprising how often they come up in Sailor Moon.

If you wonder why I use a particular romanisation, just ask and we can discuss, there is usually some reason behind it for me X3

Everyone question Miki!

I do agree on Linlin now, when I made this list, I wasn't really focused on the Codename characters, XD I just with the main ones I could remember. I might go through all the Codename characters to see if I can find etymology behind them but I never actually have...
Back to top Go down
Shinwa
Star Seed

Shinwa

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 10:42 pm

That's alright, however the re-releases might not have changed the names or characters or items which would mean that Dies Gaudii would still be accurate with the etymology of names. But, yeah, to each their own.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 10:48 pm

i never said anything about the rerelease X3 I really have not been keeping up with the english one. These are names I have researched and decided for myself not taken from anyone else o.O I think everyone should be free to call the characters as they wish (except Kaolinite...) We don't all have to take our names from either the translated manga or dies gaudii right...?
Back to top Go down
Shinwa
Star Seed

Shinwa

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th September 2012, 10:03 am

Hmm... You have a point... Okay.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd October 2012, 5:08 pm

New one:

: Cerun over Kern
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th October 2012, 12:27 pm

What is the best way to romanize Dimande's name according to you guys?

Dimande? Demande? Demando?
Also, Esmeralda is a really great name for Esmeraude according to me \o/ It was her name in the glénat translation.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th October 2012, 4:51 pm

according to Miki its "Demand", since his name is "demando" which is a recognised word in Japanese as "demand". Which I'm sure Naoko is completely aware of . His image song in SeraMyu is also called "Innocent Demand" in English, where the members of the Black Moon shout "Demand!" in English at him. There was also an album that said "PRINCE DEMAND" on one of the pages. Technically this is Junya doing stuff, but I'm sure he has contact with Naoko.

Naoko here may be making a connection between Demand and Diamond looks similar in English, alternatively, it comes from a non-English word, likely an old-european word for "diamond" that would be "demand", I am not aware of any, but there are similar words (like Demant and Diamant), so there may very well be one that I don't know but Naoko does. I personally go with Demand because I don't have a better alternatively, its both as close to the Japanese as you can get and appears in official sources.

Demando is correct if you're going transliterally, but if you're doing that you're also going to have to accept: Teruru, Nefuraito, Jirukonia and of course Seeraa Purutoo.

I don't know what Dimande or Demande are, I have no idea how those are pronounced so I can't really comment on the accuracy of them.
Back to top Go down
Shinwa
Star Seed

Shinwa

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th October 2012, 9:03 pm

Personally, I think that the "White Nemesis Prince" could be spelt as Prince Demandt if only because it easiest for me to remember that his name.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th October 2012, 4:40 am

I've always spelled it Dimande, (after I stopped calling him Diamond from only watching the English dub when I was young) xD Mostly because that's how the subtitles I have spell it, and I see it a lot on tumblr too.

But I kind of like Demand for his name, hmmm. Maybe I will have to change the way I refer to him, although it might be a hard habit to break xD
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th October 2012, 5:37 am

I personally pronoumce "Dimande" as "Dee-man-d". :B I prefer Dimande avor Demand though.
Thought, in both french versions, he is called: Diamant (in the anime, french for diamound.) and Démon. (Devil in french, used in the manga.) Which shows how much AB and Glénat more or less hated romanizing names :'D
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th October 2012, 4:16 pm

Demand in the japanese is pronounced as de-man-do (デマンド), the emphasis is on the man. If it was supposed to be dee-man-d, the characters name would be pronounced probably be said and written as as Dimando. (ディマンド)

As with alot of Japanese-English, this should be taken with a grain of salt, Demand/Dimande/Whatever's song lyrics from Myu along with a name for him in English. In Japanese the characters name is synonymous withthe Japanese approximation of the English word "demand". As it is part of the Japanese lexicon, I would expect Naoko to be familiar with the word, as it is not especially uncommon either, I would imagine she's punning here with forms of the word Diamond. (I do not think she has used the English word Diamond though because in Japanese that is typically "daiyamondo" (ダイヤモンド). But likely a more similar word. Unfortunately I do not know very much about European languages, particularly older ones, so i'm not able to tell you if there is a word for Diamond that is Demand in another language, it may very well.

Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 Demand10

Last edited by Houyou no Senshi on 5th October 2012, 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th October 2012, 5:05 pm

That actually coherant... I wonder where Dimande come from.

Oh, hey, wanna see the best romnization ever for Hotaru's senshi name?
Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 Sailor11
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th October 2012, 5:10 pm

lol yeah ive seen that one! other funny ones are "Sailor War Supream" "To a Bland-New World" "Special Ibent" "Undead Warwolf" and "Salilor Moon"
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th October 2012, 9:58 am

Oh my gosh, Mayo, that it brilliant! What in the world??
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th October 2012, 5:24 pm

looks like no one picked up the error on the original either... (original page from summer 1995)

Technically this error is a case of transliteration, as Sailor Saturn in Japanese is "Seeraa Sataan" (セーラーサターン) so its not altogether wrong. This is why we can't always take Sailor Moon bonus things as too much evidence =\ however in the case of Demand, there is not really a better alternative that I know of. Does anyone else have ideas on Demando.

Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 Tumblr11
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th October 2012, 8:51 pm

Have you looked at how it is in the materials collection? I know its in japanese (Naoko doesn't have it romanized) but maybe you could directly spell it out from that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer   Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spelling the Character Names: What Do You Prefer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top