The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Moonlight Dreaming
Lotus Crystal

Moonlight Dreaming

Lotus Crystal

Title : ----tv static----

[Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) Empty
PostSubject: [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy)   [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) I_icon_minitime3rd February 2019, 3:09 pm

Do you like floating text and objects? Do you want to create this effect yourself? Note: This tutorial uses photoshop.

Well come on in and read my tutorial! It's an easy and simple process! 

Here's a quick, rushed sig I made for the tutorial.

[Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) LbFG7d5

• Open your image...or if your image is already open, go to Window (it's a dropdown) and then click Timeline. [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) U5vnVsy
  • Click on create frame animation and create a new, blank layer. Like this:  [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) HuuldR0
  • Add whatever to the blank layer. I'll add an ice cream. You should give it a name.
  • Set the frame delay to 0.1 or 0.2. Note: the gif will be faster once you export it. It's a bit slower in photoshop.
  • Copy the frame, not the layer. To do this, look for the little sticky note icon under your frame. Click it.
  • Select the first frame and uncheck "Propagate Frame 1"
  • Nudge the the floating object up or down (select the 2nd frame, not the first!). Whatever you choose. (Nudge using the up and down arrow keys)
  • Now click on the shooting star/meteor icon. This should come up: [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) QJJZ1aA
    I'll type in 10. I wouldn't type less than 5 in. It'll made the gif look funny. Don't bother with the other options, leave them checked. 
  • IMPORTANT: Under  the first two layers you'll see a "once". Click on the arrow and select "Forever". These will make the gif repeat.
  • To save the gif,  go to File >>> Save for web. Copy these settings: [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) DBmHsOk
  • Things should look like this:   [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) POCOYQm

TO LOOP THE GIF
The gif looks odd if you don't loop it. So I'll show you how to do that.
[*]Copy frame one and move it. It should be the last frame. (By the way, when you copy frame one, it'll be frame two)
[*]Again click the meteor aka Tween frames. Use the same number you used earlier.
[*]Here's how it should look: [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) 4LC9jff

Here's the result:
[Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) TUl0zj5

This same process can be used for text. Feel free to ask me any questions. For my next tutorial I'll show you how to make fading lights!
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy)   [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) I_icon_minitime5th February 2019, 1:14 am

Great tutorial!! I love using that 'effect' for signatures. It's super cute [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Dreaming
Lotus Crystal

Moonlight Dreaming

Lotus Crystal

Title : ----tv static----

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy)   [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) I_icon_minitime7th February 2019, 5:26 am

Diana wrote:
Great tutorial!! I love using that 'effect' for signatures. It's super cute [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) 1955989781
Thanks Diana!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy)   [Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] How to make floating objects in Photoshop. (Image Heavy)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top