The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morpheus
Pyramidal Crystal

Morpheus

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Kat's fine, too

Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime1st July 2011, 6:13 pm

This is something that I've actually wondered about for a while now, but it just came into my mind today. In
Sailor Moon, guardians are assigned by field of power (planet, satellite, or asteroid) and given powers associated to said planet. Examples:

Sailor Mercury is protected and protects planet Mercury.
Sailor Saturn is protected and protects planet Saturn.
Sailor Mermaid is protected and protects planet Mermaid.
Sailor Ceres is protected and protects the asteroid Ceres.

However, despite every plane of power having a set senshi, the sun is never actually mentioned as having such a protector. Could it be that because the body of power is a star itself, it does not need to retain a senshi? The sun can't actually sustain life as it is a giant ball of gas and fire, so what people would it protect?

My theory? It protects the same thing as the moon; the Earth. And Mamoru is it's guardian.

Let me start with the image that started this whole thought process in the first place:
Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon Theory

Here Nehellenia refers to Mamoru not as protected by his planet, but by the 'sun'. While in some ways this could throw a person off, as it is a detail that has never been brought up nor said again, it does make sense.

Helios stated that the Earth is protected by two halves. The Silver Millennium from the outside (Usagi's kingdom) and Elysian from within (Mamoru's kingdom). In which case, if Mamoru is the sun's protector, then both Mamoru and Usagi work as being both the guardian's of Earth. The Earth itself needs both the sun and the moon to live, as the moon works the waves and the sun proves light and life.

The second part is something is very simple:
Silver Crystal: Associated with the Moon
Golden Crystal: Associated with the Sun

See? Simple.

The last piece of proof I'm going to present is:
Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon 028

Helios:as the personification of the sun in Greek myth. In the Sailor Moon manga/anime, he is the guardian priest of the Earth, Elysian, and Mamoru. Helios works as an adviser for Endymion as Luna has for Usagi.
As such, he holds a name that links directly back to what he represents.

Luna, Artemis, Diana: All related to directly to the Kingdom they serve; the Moon

Helios: Relates to the Sun rather then the Earth.

Of course, this could be me over analyzing in one panel, buuutt I wanted to see if anyone else saw it. This could also mean that if there is a Sailor Sun, she'll come from Mamoru's bloodline.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime1st July 2011, 6:44 pm

Having not yet finished the manga, but being familiar with the thought pattern you followed, I'd say that's a sound logical conclusion.

I also like it because now I can easily and effectively explain my Sailor Earth to those "Endymion is the protector of Earth, your scout can't exist" nay-sayers on dA!
Back to top Go down
Morpheus
Pyramidal Crystal

Morpheus

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime1st July 2011, 7:10 pm

My theory disproves both the nay-sayers of Sailor Earth and Sailor Sun! Let us laugh with our logic at them! MWAHAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime1st July 2011, 7:16 pm

... I used to have a Sailor Sun.... >.> <.< >.> <.>
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime1st July 2011, 8:18 pm

This is very interesting. To be honest, I never really thought of it because I do not see the sun as a planet apart of the solar system -- it is like an entity all unto itself -- powerful and burning and ominous in the fact that nothing can come near it.

if Mamoru is the sun's protector, then both Mamoru and Usagi work as being both the guardian's of Earth. The Earth itself needs both the sun and the moon to live, as the moon works the waves and the sun proves light and life.
I think that is a beautiful comparison to make. The Earth is like this fragile precious orb, one that needs protecting. Usagi does so with her power of the Moon and I always thought of Mamoru being a protector in a guardian sense -- he is the Earth's guardian. But it makes sense, in this ideal of duality, that Mamoru would also hold the power of the Sun, the other half that aids in the Earth's existence. I always thought of his Golden Crystal as possessing the glow of the Sun as well.

Helios: Relates to the Sun rather then the Earth.
I do not know very much about mythology, so I really appreciate that you backed up your theories with these notions of mythology and such.

I'm not sure how true any of this is, but I appreciate it nonetheless. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Morpheus
Pyramidal Crystal

Morpheus

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime1st July 2011, 8:26 pm

Helios in Greek Myth is one the Titian, the Gods that before the current linage (Zeus, Artemis, Aries...etc). He was the god the sun who pulled a chariot across the sky to make night into day. He was also the god of the sun until Apollo, the current holder, came along.

Luna, Artemis, and Diana are names of Greek and Roman deities of the moon. I was saying that because Helios has almost the position as them in aiding Endymion, it makes that he, like them, relates to hiss King's source of power. So Serenity's power comes from the moon and Endymion's comes from the sun.

Like I said this could all be just me over analyzing one small panel, but I wanted to see if I was the only one who caught it.
Back to top Go down
Hana-ko
Pyramidal Crystal

Hana-ko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : give a sailor yell!

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime2nd July 2011, 2:58 pm

Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon 34io26r

^^^usagi says it right there. plus mamoru has all of these commonalities with the earth. like when it goes to shit, he feels like shit. and then above, with the creepy land search for the other senshi. it would be pretty funny if tuxedo mask wore a sailor fuku, though. lol
Back to top Go down
http://ai-no-hana.tumblr.com/
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime2nd July 2011, 4:50 pm

Another thought to add to this topic.

I was talking to Ai-no-Hana and Sailor Cosmos today in the chat and we were discussing future Crystal Tokyo. Sailor Cosmos asked why everything was frozen and a thought popped into my head that could help support the theory relating Mamoru to the Sun.

If it is indeed true that Mamoru is linked to the sun, or has some of its powers, perhaps the reason that the Earth froze over in the future was because he was sleeping. Being connected to the Sun, maybe the Sun became "injured" because of King Endymion's severe injury.

This is just a random fact. It may have already been mentioned in the anime or manga as to why everything was frozen. But yah. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime4th July 2011, 12:09 am

The Sun I have always felt like the Senshi who did posses it, was the Senshi who is now known as Chaos. As it stated in the first arc, that Metallia came from the Sun, we later learn that Metallia is actually part of Chaos. Which in mythology has links with Earth. Which also leads to me thinking why Chaos dislikes this Solar System so much.

Chaos lost their senshi abilities at some point, which when I created my Sailor Sun/Sol was when the rest of the Sol System was created, but that is all in my theory.

Since we never really hear about Chaos venturing out farther then the Milky Way Galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Hana-ko
Pyramidal Crystal

Hana-ko

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime9th July 2011, 4:13 am

On the sailor moon wiki, it says this about Elysion:

Quote :
Elysion (エリュシオン) was the location of the Golden Kingdom of the Earth. In the Silver Millennium, this was the kingdom from which Prince Endymion came. The guardian of Elysion was Helios, who was assisted by two Maenads. Elysion was destroyed with the attack of the Dead Moon Circus.

And then there's this:

Quote :
In the manga, Prince Endymion resided in the Golden Kingdom in Elysion with his guardians, the Shitennou. He fell in love with Princess Serenity and went to meet with her as often as he could, but the two lovers were found and separated by Kunzite and Sailor Venus.

So really, I don't think he was a guardian at all, but more of like sailor moon's situation. She wasn't meant to be a guardian either, but things changed so maybe it forced them to become planetary guardians?
Back to top Go down
arashi
Star Seed

arashi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime9th July 2011, 12:59 pm

Wow! Lots of good theories in here. I never thought of that connection before, that Sailor Senshi only come from planets and asteroids and such, but not stars. I also love the theory about Mamoru's power coming from the sun, I wish Naoko had emphatically stated somewhere the governing rules of what constitutes a senshi, as in what celestial bodies do or don't have a senshi, why some and not others, etc.

It also makes me wish they had cleared up where Galaxia came from in the anime and manga. They never specifically stated in either. Her name makes her seem like she is senshi of the Milky Way, but in the manga it states she came from (in her own words) a "trash" planet and became Galaxia through conquering other senshi. But I am getting way off track.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hollowmoon.net http://tsukimatsuri.tumblr.com http://skelly-jelly.deviantart.com
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime21st July 2011, 11:54 pm

Galaxia for me is another theory/debate topic all her own.

But I wish it was a little more clear also about the senshi and what they rule, since even the Starlights don't actually have an object either?
Back to top Go down
Hana-ko
Pyramidal Crystal

Hana-ko

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime20th August 2011, 8:44 pm

I think there might have been a Sailor Sun, but when Metallia was freed I'm guessing she killed the respective senshi? Idk, it's the sun and no one can live on it, but that's what people said about the Moon. In the manga it said Metallia drew her strength / came from the sun / sun spots. I just remembered that so I figured I'd throw it out there.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime17th September 2011, 8:31 pm

IMHO....
I had always thought that celestial bodies that could contain life gave a
portion of their internal energy to the galaxy cauldron to be used in the
creation of a star seed, one that was linked directly to that planet that would
be able to access the planetary energy to be used in the protection of the
lifeforms there - the Sailor Senshi of that planet. this is not me
saying that the planeta are sentient, just that in their creation a portion of
the residual energy was automatically transferred to the Cauldron.

I had never believed that a senshi would be from a star, as stars are incapable
of hosting lifeforms, but they are not inactive in protecting the life within
their systems - the star is constantly giving energy to its planets. The star,
in fact, created said planets through an outburst of energy at its own birth,
and so could be said to be the guardian of those planets, the ultimate provider
of energy to the system. In a way, all senshi are granted energy and power from
the star in their system. The senshi that we know are the Solar Senshi -
not just to designate where they hail from, but what ultimately gave them their
powers.

Therefore, if these thoughts make any sense to anyone else, there can be no
Sailor Sun as the sun's powers are granted indirectly to every scout in the
system, thus protecting every lifeform that benefits from its light.

.... wait for part two...

Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime17th September 2011, 8:32 pm

BUT THEN Morpheus
brought up that tricky panel, and I’ve been thinking… of Endymion and the Star
Lights… and I think I might have things figured out a little more clearly.

I really like that it was mentioned that the Moon Kingdom protected Earth from
without and Elysium from within, and everything in morpheus's first post makes
a ton of sense - golden crystal, helios - it all screams Sol, but wouldn't it
make sense that the Sol would place the most protection and designate the
majority of its power to the planet that contained the most life? Perhaps its
personal guardian was born on Earth and most of the sun’s defensive power went
to protecting the Earth – effectively, the sun protected Earth (as stated
previously, from within, which makes
sense as the Sun was the source of all elements and matter that makes up the
planet). As the sun had taken personal
possession of the welfare of Earth, there would be no need for Earth to have
its own senshi.

When the Silver Millennium ended, as did all life on planets
other than the Earth, and the star seeds were reborn there, their sole purpose
was protecting Earth… but would they
survive that generation of sailor soldier, as there were no life forms on the
planets they got their power from? I think so – the energy had already been
given. When they die, their star seed will return to the Cauldron and a new
shell would embody it. Only when the planet is physically destroyed would the
senshi cease to exist.
But then came the union of the Earth’s external guardians
– the moon and the sun – and with all of that power, a new sailor star seed was
created. This senshi, I believe, is the true guardian of the Earth – Sailor Chibi
Moon is actually Sailor Earth.

She obtained a new sailor crystal, the pink moon crystal. If
she were the next Sailor Moon, she would not have been able to transform during
Neo-Queen Serenity’s lifetime – in fact, that she was born during Neo-Queen
Serenity’s lifetime (and was not created from the shell of her mother’s star
seed, as Serenity was from Silver Millenium’s Queen Serenity) is a sure sign
that she is not to be Sailor Moon, as the seeds are given at birth and one seed
cannot be in two shells at the same time. The same goes for King Endymion, so she
can’t be the next Sailor Sol, so she must have filled a previously vacant
position in the solar system – the Earth. That she transforms by calling on the
power of the moon could be through the same logic that she can use the Silver
Crystal – perhaps, since she can use the Golden Crystal, she could also
transform by calling on the Sun if she tried. ….

^^’ but back to the sailor scouts of the stars… wait for it... one more post ^^'
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime17th September 2011, 8:33 pm

I think that it’s kind of supported by the Star Lights and
their life on Kinmoku with Kakyuu – perhaps Kinmoku was the most populated
planet in a tertiary star system (aka a star system that had three stars
orbiting around each other. For example, the star Sirius (the brightest star in
the night sky) is actually three stars orbiting around each other. Maybe that’s
the very star system she was thinking of…), thus they were born there? Or maybe it’s something completely different
as “Kakyuu” or “fireball” is another name for a meteorite (or shooting star)
that hits the atmosphere that you can see physically burning on impact)
. Maybe she’s the guardian of one of the
stars orbiting the galaxy at a speed faster than the average for her band… one
that doesn’t have a planet… but then she wouldn’t be the princess of Kinmoku.
Drat. … Nevermind. It’s just her name, made in a connection because the Three
Lights, or Star Lights, were referred to as Shooting Stars as they went through
the galaxy searching for their planet’s princess

Er… The End.
Back to top Go down
Halfpixieman
Lotus Crystal

Halfpixieman

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime11th December 2011, 3:32 pm

The name Mamoru actually means 'earth' in Japan. And yeah, Helios does mean 'sun'. The earth has always been protected by the sun in some ways, it's the outer life force, without the eath would only survive for so long even though the earth has its own life force. So I guess we need Mamoru and Helios around together at all times hey? Best buddies for life! Or father-in-law and son-in-law. Razz

So yeah I'd definitely say Helios is 'Sailor Sun'.
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime11th December 2011, 3:52 pm

Oddly enough ,I though I remembered reading one of those side tidbits with Naoko's write ups where she had done some draw ups for a Sailor Sun. But again, my mind is a bit dusty on this as I do not own the Tokyopop manga version minus three volumes. I will have to research this to be sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime5th March 2012, 10:17 am

Just a thought.. When Queen Serenity sent the senshi to be reborn on Earth maybe Sailor Sun was one of them but she either didnt get reborn or is still waiting. I mean were they all really set for a certain time to be reborn? Another good question is why were they reborn in the time that rhey were? I havent yet read the manga but if it was said as to why I wouldnt know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime5th March 2012, 10:33 am

I think it said somewhere that they were reborn 1000 years later; based on the differences in ages between the inner and outer senshi, I'm guessing it was 1000 years between their birth in the Silver Millennium and their birth in today's time.

But if you wanted to go with a Sailor Sol theory, perhaps she was a senshi that wasn't meant to awaken, like Saturn, but actually got away with not awakening.

But I honestly think that she did just combine Earth and Sun together, which is why the Golden Crystal is so powerful and why Helios guards Earth with Endymion.
Back to top Go down
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime5th March 2012, 4:20 pm

I suppose you are right
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime6th March 2012, 1:01 am

I agree with your theory 100% and everything you said makes sense. I never really put great thought into this, but you are definitely right.
Back to top Go down
LadyShizuka
Lotus Crystal

LadyShizuka

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime5th April 2012, 10:11 pm

Sailor Uranus just hurt my brain... lol its probably because is 1am here lol
but I totally get it. This is an interesting concept that I missed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/LadyShizukaCosplay http://www.tumblr.com/blog/ladyshizuka http://ladyshizuka.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyJian
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime5th April 2012, 10:14 pm

Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon Th_gri10 teehee...

omg. Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon Th_o10 I just reread all of that and I am SO SORRY EVERYBODY. Wow that was wordy!! I could rephrase that so much more concisely now! Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon Th_doh10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon   Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory: The sun in Sailor Moon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top