The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

Senior Member  Saturn Emeritus

Title : (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。magical weirdo, Original Saturn

[Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? Empty
PostSubject: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime25th July 2012, 9:01 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but here it goes.

As I was just watching my new box set, a thought popped into my head.

Wasn't it NQS, her daughter aka Usagi and the princesses of the other planets (Sailor Marsa, Venus, Mercury and Jupiter etc) back when the Moon Kingdom existed? Never was there mentioned that there was a Sailor Moon in the mix. So why is it Luna was able to say "oh you are Sailor Moon" to Usagi when there wasn't a Sailor Moon back in the original Moon Kingdom.

I might be wrong, in fact I most likely am, but please let us talk about this.

I think that maybe her memory from the princess was blurred and replace by a Moon like person, so she assumed "Senshi".
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime26th July 2012, 1:01 am

Good question o_o

Wasn't Luna's memory fuzzy too during the time she was looking for all the senshi? So I wonder where Sailor Moon came from out of all of this. I mean I know she was looking for the Moon Princess but yeah...

Also, I like how for her and the others, Sailor Moon =/= Moon Princess until it was revealed that Usagi was the Moon Princess. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime26th July 2012, 1:11 am

Sailor Saturn wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but here it goes.

As I was just watching my new box set, a thought popped into my head.

Wasn't it NQS, her daughter aka Usagi and the princesses of the other planets (Sailor Marsa, Venus, Mercury and Jupiter etc) back when the Moon Kingdom existed? Never was there mentioned that there was a Sailor Moon in the mix. So why is it Luna was able to say "oh you are Sailor Moon" to Usagi when there wasn't a Sailor Moon back in the original Moon Kingdom.

I might be wrong, in fact I most likely am, but please let us talk about this.

I think that maybe her memory from the princess was blurred and replace by a Moon like person, so she assumed "Senshi".

Its a plothole that doesnt exist in the manga/pgsm. Luna's memories were not complete. Artemis and Minako were fully aware Usagi was the Moon Princess. Thats the logical explanation. Regrettably in the anime, we don't see how much Minako actually knows. Since the Moon Princess is found in the very next episode.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime26th July 2012, 1:14 am

Oh plot-holes....shame on them.

Maybe Minako just...knew? Since she's Sailor Venus and was closest to the princess?
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime26th July 2012, 6:15 am

It would help if I finished the Manga.
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime26th July 2012, 6:33 am

Maybe before Luna awaken Queen Serenity came to her in her dreams telling her she needed to find Sailor Moon. Speaking of Luna and Artemis awaking what were they doing before waking up their senshi? Where they acting like normal cats or just sleeping away? Haha I'm going off topic now. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime26th July 2012, 12:05 pm

In anime also Artemis knew and gave anymously instructions to Luna, who was kept in dark. It's not clear whether Minako knew Moon Princess identity, but she had more information than others.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime28th July 2012, 9:33 pm

to bad nobody told Luna that "Moon" are not a planet an a lot of Moons exist...
uuuhh lots of Sailor MOONs ....... just joking [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? 190603310
Back to top Go down
http://goldenwitchmami.tumblr.com/
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime28th July 2012, 9:42 pm

Minene Uryuu wrote:
uuuhh lots of Sailor MOONs ....... just joking [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? 190603310

LOL ^_^
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime28th July 2012, 10:18 pm

Minene Uryuu wrote:

Ha! Truth!
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime30th July 2012, 4:12 pm

Miki wrote:

Its a plothole that doesnt exist in the manga/pgsm. Luna's memories were not complete. Artemis and Minako were fully aware Usagi was the Moon Princess. Thats the logical explanation. Regrettably in the anime, we don't see how much Minako actually knows. Since the Moon Princess is found in the very next episode.
If I'm not mistaken, Queen Beryl also seemed to know who Sailor Moon was in PGSM but PGSM seemed to be more vague about what happened in the past than the anime or the manga.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime4th August 2012, 8:22 am

As the others pointed out, Luna does not fully have her memory of the Moon Kingdom and the Moon Princess like Artemis does and then later Sailor Venus. It was always my belief that this was Queen Serenity's intent for it to be this way, although that does not make very much sense to me either because Sailor Moon did not exist during the Moon Kingdom. The whole matter actually fascinates me. Personally I think Sailor Moon was a dormant figure in Princess Serenity because she is linked to the Silver Crystal in a way that no one else is. Usagi is the reincarnation of Princess Serenity but I feel that Sailor Moon had the potential to exist in the Moon Kingdom if it was meant to occur. But that is just my own belief. Razz

Anyway, all that being said, perhaps it was the will of the Silver Crystal, which seems to be the binding factor between all three of Usagi's identities. Because even though technically it does not make sense as to why Luna would ever look for Sailor Moon, who was never mentioned during the Moon Kingdom, she knew her and Sailor Moon did exist so it was a correct belief by Luna.

The more I talk about this the more it boggles me. >_< I feel like there is an answer somewhere, I just cannot pinpoint it.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Louchan
Star Seed

Louchan

Star Seed

Title : 月の光は愛のメッセージ

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime25th September 2012, 9:38 am

Yamichan16 wrote:
Maybe before Luna awaken Queen Serenity came to her in her dreams telling her she needed to find Sailor Moon. Speaking of Luna and Artemis awaking what were they doing before waking up their senshi? Where they acting like normal cats or just sleeping away? Haha I'm going off topic now. Razz
This is my personal headcanon. And it actually fits with Luna's character song! Part of the lyrics go "but I have my crescent-moon head filled with an important mission, to search everyday for the princess in a castle who I see in my dreams".
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime25th September 2012, 1:14 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
As the others pointed out, Luna does not fully have her memory of the Moon Kingdom and the Moon Princess like Artemis does and then later Sailor Venus. It was always my belief that this was Queen Serenity's intent for it to be this way, although that does not make very much sense to me either because Sailor Moon did not exist during the Moon Kingdom. The whole matter actually fascinates me. Personally I think Sailor Moon was a dormant figure in Princess Serenity because she is linked to the Silver Crystal in a way that no one else is. Usagi is the reincarnation of Princess Serenity but I feel that Sailor Moon had the potential to exist in the Moon Kingdom if it was meant to occur. But that is just my own belief. Razz

Anyway, all that being said, perhaps it was the will of the Silver Crystal, which seems to be the binding factor between all three of Usagi's identities. Because even though technically it does not make sense as to why Luna would ever look for Sailor Moon, who was never mentioned during the Moon Kingdom, she knew her and Sailor Moon did exist so it was a correct belief by Luna.

The more I talk about this the more it boggles me. >_< I feel like there is an answer somewhere, I just cannot pinpoint it.

I'm leaning more towards this And as for HOW she got the info, I think it was Artemis, who was getting is from Queen Serenity, who is, as we all know, a mystery also.

Now, I can see people asking why A) If the princess could turn into a senshi back then, why didn't she? Well that's easy, she didn't have the crystal, her mom did, just like how Chibiusa didn't have one until an intense need was born for one. This leads to B) Why didn't the Queen turn into a senshi, I think that is because she couldn't, or lost the power to transform (like NQS did in her later years) That or when the Queen died, beside the wish of making her alive in the future again, maybe she gave her the means to protect herself, and make her more equal to Endymion, who was a warrior. and yeah

/end rant
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
bunbun
Pyramidal Crystal

bunbun

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Chibi Neptune :3

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime25th September 2012, 1:30 pm

maybe usgai was sailor moon in the past but she wasnt alowed to transform, it would be unlady like i guess lol...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime3rd August 2015, 5:21 pm

I have this theory about it...
If I knew how to link to the theory, I would. I actually didn't come up with it, but I posted the gist of the theory (from a YouTube video) here on the forums. If you would read it and comment on it for me, that'd be great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?   [Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theory] How did Luna know there was a Sailor Moon?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top