The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush Empty
PostSubject: 6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush   6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush I_icon_minitime17th July 2017, 6:49 pm

The Foodie Club Presents:
6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush EW25s7u
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Welcome to our series of three candy making tutorials! Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

Each tutorial will have a different difficulty level: beginner, intermediate, and hard.
In other words, we'll start out with something everyone can make, and then transition into more difficult recipes.
Later recipes will require more expertise and special tools like a candy thermometer,
but I'll show you how to make the recipes without one in a pinch as well.

We hope you'll cook along with us!

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Safety Tips Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Hot sugar is HOT HOT HOT! Never attempt to touch it.
Candy burns easily (and gets lonely). Don't leave heated candy unattended!
Don't bite off more taffy than you can chew - choose recipes you feel comfortable making.

Now, let's get candy making!
6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush 5tZf7sk
Level: Beginner
Ingredients:
Sugar, water, food dye (optional), food flavoring (optional)
Tools:
String and pencil or skewers and clothespin, cooking pot, cooking spoon, glass jars

Step One:
Sanitize your jars using boiling water, or by microwaving them for 60 seconds. (Make sure the jars you're using are microwavable if you choose to sanitize that way!)

Step Two: Add any measured quantity of water to a pot on the stove, and bring to a boil. You can use as much or as little water as you like, but be sure to measure. The more water you use, the more sugar (and containers and skewers) you'll need, and the more rock candy you will make.

Step Two: Slowly add sugar and mix until it no longer dissolves. You should end up adding about a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio of sugar to water. (So, if you used one cup of water, you'll need approximately 2-3 cups of sugar).

Step Three: When added sugar will no longer dissolve, remove the pot from the heat and allow it to cool for 20 minutes.

Step Four: Insert a skewer into your glass jar and clip the clothespin across horizontally, leaving the skewer one inch above the bottom of the jar. Alternatively, tie a piece of string around a pencil and lay the pencil across the top of the jar. Cut the string, leaving one inch at the bottom of the jar. Set your skewer/pencil aside.

Step Five: Carefully pour the sugar mixture into the jar, leaving about one inch of space at the top. If using, add several drops of food coloring and flavor oil as per the instructions on these products. Reinsert your skewer/pencil

Step Six: Set your jars aside and wait! Depending on your climate, it will take between 3-7 days for your rock crystals to form.

6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush Rockstix

And that's it!
You've made your first candy!
Confetti yay!  Congratulations! Confetti yay!
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: 6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush   6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush I_icon_minitime18th July 2017, 4:50 am

Yay! I love rocky candy.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: 6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush   6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush I_icon_minitime19th July 2017, 4:43 pm

Did somebody say, "rock candy?" I loved doing this when I was a kid! XD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush   6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush I_icon_minitime19th July 2017, 6:01 pm

I've never made rock candy before. :O if i wasn't supposed to be doing keto right now i'd totally make some xD
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: 6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush   6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush I_icon_minitime19th July 2017, 6:17 pm

My mom and I tried doing this when I was little. We ended up forgetting about them because life got in the way, and by the time we found them they were inedible. I tried and almost chipped a tooth. They tasted good, though!
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush   6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush I_icon_minitime31st July 2017, 2:09 am

Oh awesome! I didn't realize how easy rock candy would be to make!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush   6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th Anniversary Clubs Matsuri - The Foodie Club Presents: Sugar Rush

View previous topic View next topic Back to top