The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th February 2017, 6:55 pm

Internet's been spotty, let's hope it posts this time...

I love the first volume because it's just meeting everyone! Pretty simple, no confusing plot to keep up with, and it allows for some characterization. I wrote down other thoughts I had while reading, but the main thing I wanted to look at was each character's motivation for becoming a soldier! Unfortunately since Minako isn't included in this volume, I won't talk about her.

Usagi: So initially Usagi is just going along with what Luna says because, yeah, its a dream, talking cat, ooo! pretty brooch! But! As soon as she sees that Naru is in danger, she gets serious. Not incredibly serious, but still. For Ami, Rei, and Mako, they were all three in immediate danger before their awakening, and then later made the decision to remain soldiers, while Usagi made this decision beforehand that protecting her friends is more important than her own safety.

Ami: While Usagi seems to be going along with what Luna says with no real goal or direction, like the second day in Ami tries to figure out what exactly is going on. I believe she really wants to help Luna, solve the problem, and then go back to her life. She says "We're working as soldiers to defeat the enemy," which makes it sound like her position is temporary. Also, not to get too into Rei, but I feel as though Ami had not even a speck of suspicion towards Luna, and maybe didn't even think of rejecting her as an option, until Rei questions her, at which point Ami is like yeah I might wanna know a bit more what's going on.

Rei: Rei seems the most disinterested/suspicious out of all of them originally. The day after her initial transformation, she meets with them and asks for the full story with an air of "I'm to important to NOT know this." She was also the most interested when Luna mentioned that they needed to "awaken," which could suggest she has some memories or feeling of something missing.

Mako: Mako definitely has the greatest sense of duty of any of them starting out. While Ami and Rei aren't exactly bursting with friendships, when Mako is introduced she has literally nobody. She mentions that "the wind carried me here," which I think suggests a feeling of comfort in her position. Even when she has just transformed for the first time she says, "yeah, Sailor Jupiter, that's who I am." This is much different than Ami saying she is "working" as a soldier or Usagi fighting purely to protect her friends. Mako has a sense of duty in her position from the very start, wanting to carry out the mission "at all costs."

Ok! I have tons more thoughts on other things, but I'm going to limit myself to that for now! By the way, I'm using the Miss Dream scans and all quotes are taken from there. We have all the new volumes at home, but I'm at college 6 hours away, so that wasn't reasonable. Also, I've read the manga all the way through at least twice, but my memory of it is super spotty, so I'll probably manage to end up surprised by something at some point.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th February 2017, 10:41 am

Oooh Cardea! I love the comparisons between the girls. I hadn't thought to compare it in this way. Especially with Ami pretty much accepting Luna's story until Rei brings it up. I wonder why she didn't think to question Luna right off the bat. Maybe she was like "Well the cat can talk so thats crazy enough as it is. Lets just roll with it so i can get back to studying" (sortalike you mentioned xD).

And I never picked up on the stark difference between Usagi and everyone else! I think it really sets up for the person Usagi will grow to be because even though she's very scared and frightened in the beginning, she already has a sense of protecting her friends without Luna even telling her. At that point she immediately tells Luna she can sense Naru is in danger and its not the other way around.

I can't wait to read your further analysis of the later chapters!

----------------

Annnd quick announcement time!

I'm looking at the Doodle poll and it's looking like Friday Feb 24th at 8:00 PM CST/9:00 PM EST is the best time for everyone. So I am going to schedule that in! I'll shoot out a reminder PM later this week. Smile
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st February 2017, 12:39 pm

General Discussion Question:
1. Were you excited for this manga when it was first announced/when you picked it up? Why? (In Sailor Moon's case, perhaps excited when it was rereleased in the US?)
I definitely was! No more clipped page margins thanks’much!! And the new cute cover art and promise of color pages made my eyes sparkle with anticipation! It was weird to me that the new translation kept the honorifics though. I really noticed it when I was reading some of the pages aloud to my toddler last week lol.

Monthly Discussion Question:
Sailor Moon shows many different forms of love. What is your favorite theme of love and romance displayed in SM and why? Feel free to discuss the different types of relationships from heterosexual to homosexual to platonic bffs. Alternatively, discuss your favorite manga pairings!
magic713 wrote:
Now I'm a total sucker for a great story with friend and companionship, which is what this story has.....But since Sailor Moon has my number one, tip-top, absolute, very first and favorite OTP: Mamoru/Usagi that relationship kinda eclipses it for me
I find your comment interesting because I've always felt that the strong friendships of the girls as a theme *enhances* my appreciation for Usagi and Mamoru's romance! The two extremes are equal pillars of Sailor Moon's strength imo. And the other girls not having their own ”true loves” gives an extra specialness to UsaMamo.

Sailor Zelda wrote:
Also shout out to the parental relationship between Usagi & Mamoru and Chibiusa, and the relationship between Usagi and her family.
Now having a child of my own, I’ve been appreciating Chibi-Usa as a character so much more!! And interactions with her to-be parents have so much more depth that I didn't see before. With Usagi's capacity for love, she must be a really sweet mother, too. It would have broken NQS’ heart to see her daughter as Black Lady!

Other reactions I took note of while reading through:

• I love how the battle scenes feel appropriately chaotic and faster paced than the other scenes.
  • I also really like that after the first battle, Luna encourages Usagi not to cry and unleash her high frequency waves but instead do something more strategic. And she rises to the challenge every time! You really watch her grow as Sailor Moon even in this single volume!
  • Weird… The Shitennou seem to be using Beryl's crystal ball for their schemes?! (Pages 44, 121, 136, 156 for example)
  • Man… so much Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask hotness Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 1394610236. And every Act’s initial panel featuring a head-to-toe Usagi in all her sweet, pretty glory… I just love Naoko’s art so much T^T. This has got to be the number one reason that I became obsessed with Sailor Moon!
  • No matter how many times I read it, seeing the Senshi’s first transformations are always so satisfying and somehow refreshing. Their facial expressions and immediate actions are so in-character and unique to them, too. Cardea, they are so in line with your analysis of their attitudes towards Luna!
  • I find it interesting that Luna remembers Queen Metalia/Beryl (p.209) but doesn't realize Sailor Moon could be the princess… I mean, there was no “Sailor Moon” in the Silver Millennium while there were Sailors Mars, Mercury, and Jupiter… By all other indications, she has her full memories though. Maybe volume 2-3 will clear up why? I’ve forgotten since last time I reread them lol.
  • I also noticed that it seems Mamoru has a little bit of ESP going on with his Shitennou: p.181 from Nephrite (as the ghost bride) and p.218 from Zoisite. Maybe this is selective attention on my part though… Did anybody notice him 'hearing’ other voices?
  • Luna's code p.220! So cool Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 3884866259.  I recognize some of the planetary signs, but what about the others? (Sorry no time to look it up atm…) Man…If only there were more examples of it, we could totally use it as a Moonie alphabet lol.

That's it for me for now… I can't wait for the live chat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st February 2017, 12:59 pm

I would like to resign up again.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st February 2017, 2:27 pm

Oooh Diagnosed! When I'm not at work I hope to have some time to respond properly! Especially on the pages you mentioned and Mamoru's ESP cause I'm not sure if I ever picked up on that either. :O

Sailor Mars wrote:
I would like to resign up again.

Yes ma'am! Adding you now!
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th February 2017, 7:06 pm

I was there, keeping Brit in line. XD
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th February 2017, 7:07 pm

I was there!
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
TS Sailor Cronus
Lotus Crystal

TS Sailor Cronus

Lotus Crystal

Title : TITAN SOLDIER OF STARS AND DESTINY! SAILOR CRONUS!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th February 2017, 7:08 pm

Now checking in! Thank you for the lively discussion.
Back to top Go down
http://tssc-manga.weebly.com https://www.deviantart.com/enfpurplekitti
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th February 2017, 7:34 pm

Loved the live chat! Can't wait for the next one! Out of curiosity, Brit/Addy were you intending to post any sort of summary from it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th February 2017, 8:28 pm

I was there, if only a bit! Super pumped for March!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th February 2017, 7:49 pm

Diagnosed wrote:
Loved the live chat! Can't wait for the next one! Out of curiosity, Brit/Addy were you intending to post any sort of summary from it?

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed! We haven't done it in the past and considering how back adn forth we get it'd probably be pretty time consuming to go back and do so. xD Though if you'd like to reiterate any interesting points that were brought up in the live chat, please feel free to do so in the thread. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd March 2017, 6:43 am

First post updated for March! Come and get your bumper and don't forget to fill out the doodle poll!!

Brit-chan wrote:
Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 4011577294March's Activities: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 4011577294

It's March so that means we are moving on to Vol. 2 of both Sailor Moon and The Cherry Project. Here is your bumper for reading Vol. 1 of Sailor Moon![/b] (Cherry Project to come soon).

Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 FpOcxk5

Discussion Question of the Month:

In February, we discussed the types of love shown in Sailor Moon. Now that we are getting into Vol. 2, let's talk more specifically about the Miracle Romance and Destiny themes in Sailor Moon. In this volume, we learn that Usagi and Mamoru are reincarnations of their past lives, Princess Serenity and Prince Endymion. Do you feel that their "miracle romance" holds up today versus the early 90s when it was originally released? What about destiny and fate to repeat themselves? Do you feel like their love exists due to destiny or maybe their feelings go beyond that? Is it all just too cliche for you to bear? Let us know this month as we delve into Vol. 2!

Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 51OFtzZ5ukL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_
Sailor Moon Vol. 2
Discussions open on March 17th!
Live chat: Please fill out this Doodle Poll!

Read online at:
Miss Dream

and/or

Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 SyAZRhw
The Cherry Project Vol. 2
Discussions open on March 20th!
(Note: We're giving more time for the second option for those who might be reading both!)

Read Online at:
Miss Dream

[/center]
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd March 2017, 3:21 pm

OOOH YESS. This is the volume where this get good, I'm so excited.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd March 2017, 5:30 pm

I will have more to say with this volume.

As for miracle romance, I think it could hold up by today's standards as a manga. And I certainly am open to the romantic idea of soul mates. I think that they were drawn together by destiny but love each other for themselves. Yes, it's a little cliche, but this is where the fast pace of the manga works in that it doesn't always linger on it.

Also, unlike the 90's anime, they began showing a draw towards one another in their civilian identities before discovering their past lives, so it doesn't feel like Serenity and Endymion are having influence of their love, but rather Usagi and Mamoru are falling in love.

Last edited by magic713 on 9th March 2017, 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th March 2017, 7:25 am

Oh, to answer the question: I like Usagi and Mamoru's time, space, and death transcending love a lot (what a surprise, huh?). Sure, some might say they only stayed together "Becuase Destiny Says So", and maybe they did at first, but I think as the series went on, especially after the Infinity Arc, they started to really love each other, and not just because they were together in a past life.
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th March 2017, 10:26 am

I feel like Mamoru is even more genuinely pulled to Usagi as the present incarnation in the manga compared to the anime, which shows him transforming into Tuxedo Mask *automatically* when Sailor Moon is in danger, suggesting that he has no choice in following this path. In the manga, he seems to have complete free will in the matter (part of what makes him more attractive too IMO). I think the miraculous part of their forever-love is the fact that in each lifetime, even though they may be somewhat different people (Serenity is more graceful than Usagi for example), they still have a natural chemistry between them - their souls (and bodies) speak to each other. The duty they have to the people of Earth and to each other bring them together enough to let them work out the kinks in their present joining of personalities/situations but they wouldn't be able to complete that and solidify their bond with a *happy* marriage if there wasn't that natural present-incarnation chemistry in the first place.

I think it's easy for this theme of destined love to be appreciated in today's world because it has been passed down for so long through folklore from ancient Greece and East Asia (for example), so the concept touches on a part of our collective psyche.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th March 2017, 10:48 am

Just a quick reminder that Vol 2 discussion opens in two days! If you haven't filled out the poll on Doodle please do so!

As far as our monthly discussion goes, I think for me, I have to agree with others that I really enjoy Usagi and Mamoru's "Miracle Romance"! It might be cliche and over done at this point but who cares. xD I love it and it's what really drew me to the manga more. I think Diagnosed described their miracle romance really well! I just really like that no matter what they are able to meet again and again (like the lyrics in Moonlight Densetsu <3). The musicals go a tiny bit further with it and suggest their reincarnations in other time periods like the Edo Period (they even take it a step further and suggested that even if they were the same sex, they'd love each other, though the scene is meant to be a bit comedic and homage to Edo period dramas buuut I digress) and possible reincarnations of the Moon Princess before the Silver Millenium, though that idea is based more around the myth of Princess Kaguya.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th March 2017, 4:09 pm

Filled it out!
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th March 2017, 5:08 am

I filled in my part Smile
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th March 2017, 8:42 pm

Thanks everybody! That really helps! I'll be posting the day and time once I check my schedule too. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th March 2017, 1:21 pm

Apologies for teh delay in announcing, the week got away from me. But looking at the doodle poll and everything, I'm scheduling our live chat for Thursday March 30th at 9:00pm EST/8:00pm CST.

In the mean time feel free to start any discussion on Vol 2! See you then!
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th March 2017, 1:43 pm

I will hopefully be able to make it!
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th March 2017, 12:59 pm

Finally finished reading just in time for month’s end again ^^;. Here's a few things I noted this time around:

It's so endearing that Usagi tried to tell her father that she's Sailor Moon! (p69-70) Also, the “which is the real me” question comes up a lot in this volume - such a huge part of this coming of age story!

Interesting to be reminded again that Beryl “found” the Dark Kingdom (p25-26) in the current incarnation. I guess it got built up down there underground during Metalia’s original invasion of Earth and just never destroyed.
Spoiler:

On p62, Minako says it's “been so long” since she had been in the Command Center, so how did her and Artemis investigate during the time Luna was using it alone?

Ahhh the tragedy of the Four Kings…. *clasps hands and sighs sadly*. Snatched up and corrupted before they had a chance to meet their Prince. Somebody get these guys some guardian cats!!

I always forget that Metalia came to Earth due to a disturbance in the Sun. Also of interest is p161 Queen Serenity calls the Sun “Father Sun”. No mention in the Kodansha translation notes about this, though… Miss Dream has it as “our Father, the Sun” as well. Is this a Japanese culture thing or a mythological tie between Queen Serenity and her identity as the Goddess Selene incarnate? Or maybe specific to the Sailor Moon canon??

Luna and Usagi’s relationship in this volume is developed really nicely. Despite it being a teacher-pupil or guardian-ward type of relationship, they clearly need each other equally for emotional good health. I adore them so much!! Ugh! Seeing Luna get splattered on the Command Center desk is always so gut-wrenching no matter how many times I reread this volume!

There were a few other minor notes that I made (like Ami's mom having more diamonds than she knew what to do with whut lol) but I’ll leave them for the Discord chat Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 111859084. I can't wait to hear everyone else's thoughts!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th March 2017, 5:40 pm

Just a quick reminder about the live chat tonight! Starting in 20 minutes on our Discord channel!

@Diagnosed, I never thought about them referring to the sun as "father". It might have some relation to mythology. Often the Sun is a male god and then later in the manga we have that whole Helios and Mamoru having that Sun/Earth relation.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th April 2017, 12:20 pm

Okay everybody! I'm so sorry for the delay in updating the thread. This month got away from me real quick (when did it become the 12th? wth??? XD) and my schedule is a bit busier at the end of the month, so we're taking a bit of a break. Below, you'll find updates for May but I need everyone's help for two things!

First, is anyone still interested in a second reading option? I noticed that not only do I have a hard time keeping up with two vols to read but the other choice gets a bit pushed aside since we're so focused on SM. If you are interested in other Naoko works or SM doujin, would you rather we occasionally hold a month where we read that instead of the main manga or wait until we finish?

Second, discussion of the month suggestions! I'd love some suggestions for future discussion of the month questions. I'm a little stuck on an idea for this month so I'd love to hear from you guys. Very Happy

Brit-chan wrote:
Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 4011577294May's Activities: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 4011577294

We are taking a small break in April and will be continuing with Vol. 3 of Sailor Moon in May. Below you can find bumpers for reading Vol 1 & 2 of SM!

Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 FpOcxk5 Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 XxUPlWV

Discussion Question of the Month: ??? Help me pick!

Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 11251704
Sailor Moon Vol. 3
Discussions open on May 15th!
Live chat: Please fill out this poll!
(Please note all times listed are in Central. Doodle changed up stuff and i couldn't figure out how to make the timezones show xD) [/b]

Read online at:
Miss Dream

Also, if you want to get a jump start on Vol 3 and want to discuss it before May 15th, feel free to do so but please put it behind a spoiler as a courtesy. Thanks!! See yall in May!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th April 2017, 12:47 pm

I'd like it if there were times we read other SM media/Naoko things. It'd help me catch up when if I get behind, and I'm always interested in seeing other SM stuff anyways.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th April 2017, 12:54 pm

What about questions about pacing or character development? Or a question regarding chibiusa's introduction and her character? And the poll has been filled out!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th April 2017, 2:20 pm

I never did the second reading option, so it's really not for me. But if anyone else wants to that's fine. I don't have any suggestions for the discussion question.
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th April 2017, 12:12 pm

I would definitely like to read along with some of Naoko’s other works during separate months from our Sailor Moon discussions. They deserve their own spotlight! (Plus I also don't really have time to do two volumes in a month either ^^;.)

As for discussion question ideas, they are tough to come up with, indeed! Keep, alter or discard as you like *bows*:

• One of the main cruxes of the miracle romance is a tragedy that threatens the couple which their love must win against. But do you think it's really *their* love that overcomes it or is it just the power of the Silver Crystal and Sailor Moon’s desires alone?
  • The second arc begins in this same volume. How important is it to you as a reader that this closeness in time reflects the characters’ real-life experience of the plot versus your own pacing preferences.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th April 2017, 1:41 pm

Oh thank you thank you everyone for the suggestions! I like that second one for a May question definitely. I can also use anything brought up for our live chat discussions too to vary up from the review questions we have.

And I'll keep in mind the breaks. I know before when we thought about taking a break to do Sailor V in the past, members wanted to just finish up the main story first but I know for a lot of you this is a reread (Except you Jup. You better get caught up missy!!) so I think a break every couple of months would be good. I was thinking maybe putting up a poll with a couple options as well. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]   Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Manga Club 2017/2018 [Archived]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top