The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : GC's Official Saphir

[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime15th September 2019, 3:07 pm

[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 RBVg8v1

[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 KN21eXC

Papyrus was admittedly very quick, bringing his shield up once more, and launching some bones straight to the ugly god's face. Ha! Serves him right! However, Angela watched in disbelief as her bolt of lightning missed its target yet again, following the same fate of her ice spell, too. Oh, come on! And unfortunately for them, Garland's attack did not work, either. Those bones may have done the trick on him, but he was certainly not a foe to be underestimated.

"...Why??" she finally yelled as she prepared to send some more of her spells his way. "Why are you doing this?? What's the deal with those blasted crystals, anyway? What good would it do to you if we released their energy? Why can't you just leave us alone and do whatever it is that evil gods do??" she cried out in frustration.

Action:
Back to top Go down
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

Jasper

Lotus Crystal

Title : Driving the world's heaviest snow ski

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime15th September 2019, 3:23 pm

Garland - ???[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 FuGH7j6

This demon lord was particularly fortitutous; the explosive Grapeshot blast failed to impact Chaos in any significant fashion. Fortunately, the wizard saw through an attempt to raise a formidable magic defense, and was able to tear the barrier down before it threatened to interfere with the attacks thrown by Papyrus or Angela.

Garland clenched his fists together, then began mustering the necessary magical reserves to launch another attack against the pentultimate enemy of the Cosmos warriors. "Did you do something to Cosmos before you sent us hunting for these crystals?"

He didn't want to come out and say it outright, but a theory was beginning to form with respect to the way the final green crystal was tethering to the other depleted crystals. Garland had feared that their ugly four-armed foe had used them to disperse the divine power across the multiverse, and if it was spread wide over all of reality, then it wouldn't hinder the diabolical schemes Chaos had been plotting. Could the crystals have been a prison for Cosmos's essence?!

Garland thrust out his other hand, releasing another burst of explosive flame and ballistic metal projectiles. Soon after that, a bitterly cold burst of wind swept from the sky and around Chaos, leaving briefly lived patches of frost on the blasted soil.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime15th September 2019, 3:33 pm

~Narrative~

Quote :
Chaos uses Reflect!

~

Papyrus uses Bone projectiles on Chaos!
Chaos' Reflect!

Papyrus uses Bone projectiles on Angela, Garland and himself!
Rapid fire! 4 strike attempts 8 strike attempts for minor hits due to Haste against (roll 1-3: 2, 1, 3, 1, 1, 3, 1, 3) 4 times on Angela, 3 times on Garland and 1 time on himself!
Papyrus' Bone Shield! As Bone projectiles have a chance of minor hits only, then if successful, damage to the shield will be equal to the roll amount needed to turn the hit into a miss, or 100 (upper roll variance limit for minor hits), whichever is smaller.

Strike 1
Papyrus (offense): 130
Papyrus (defense): 106 131
Deflected! (damage: 100 > 25)
Strike 2
Papyrus (offense): 748
Angela (defense): 173 749
Deflected! (damage: 100 < 576)
Strike 3
Papyrus (offense): 351
Garland (defense): 36 352
Deflected! (damage: 100 < 316)
Strike 4
Papyrus (offense): 332
Angela (defense): 859
It missed!
Strike 5
Papyrus (offense): 982
Angela (defense): 819 983
Deflected! (damage: 100 < 164)
Strike 6
Papyrus (offense): 325
Garland (defense): 32 326
Deflected! (damage: 100 < 294)
Strike 7
Papyrus (offense): 429
Angela (defense): 963
It missed!
Strike 8
Papyrus (offense): 173
Garland (defense): 412
It missed!

75 roll points remaining to Bone Shield!

~

Angela uses Holy Ball on Chaos!
Chaos' Reflect!

Angela uses Holy Ball on (roll 1-3: 2) Papyrus!

Angela (offense): 21
Papyrus (defense): 35

It missed!

~

Angela uses Diamond Missile on Chaos!
Chaos' Reflect!

Angela uses Diamond Missile on (roll 1-3: 2) Papyrus!

Angela (offense): 32
Papyrus (defense): 357

It missed!

~

Garland uses Grapeshot on Chaos!
Chaos' Reflect!

Garland uses Grapeshot on (roll 1-3: 3) himself!
Penetrative power! +100 offensive roll bonus
Papyrus' Bone Shield! 75 roll points of protection remaining

Garland (offense): 109 209
Garland (defense): 21 96
It hit! (-1)

Papyrus' Bone Shield dissipates!

~

Garland uses Zuoja's Gelid Scorn on Chaos!
Chaos' Reflect!

Garland uses Zuoja's Gelid Scorn on (roll 1-3: 2) Papyrus!

Garland (offense): 95
Papyrus (defense): 463

It missed!

~

Angela, Papyrus and Garland's Haste wears off!

Battle Info:
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime15th September 2019, 3:58 pm

~Narrative~

"Why, you little piece of--" Chaos was mumbling as the stupid winged mage managed to break through his reflective barrier. Irritating idiots. If they thought they could strike the God of Discord down, they had another thing coming down for them. He concentrated his magic harder the next time, and managed to send all of their pathetic attacks back where they came from. Now that was much more amusing, watching them run left and right to avoid their own blasts.

"Cosmos? Why do you care so much about someone who has been dead since before you even got here?" he grinned as he replied to Garland's question, once the dust had settled from the barrage of spells. He then turned his attention to the purple-haired sorceress. "Why, you ask? Silly little pawn. What difference does it make to you if you know why? ...Then again, why not. Perhaps it will be even more fun when you know what you are unable to prevent."

"As destiny itself has written," he started, "Cosmos and myself have been locked in conflict since the beginning of time, a representation of the eternal battle between good and evil. When one of us is victorious, the scales of balance for each and every universe in existence are tipped in the respective deity's favor. Extended eras of peace and prosperity brought about by a victory of the goddess of harmony", he remarked as he yawned in exaggeration. "While grand wars and conflicts of extreme proportions would be attributed to yours truly..." he added with an evil smile.

"But, you see, this does not last forever," he continued. "Our crystals, which hold the essence of our power, are scattered throughout the realm when we are defeated. And when those crystals are reunited, we are revived. Much like a stupid, pointless ceremony, if you ask me. It can be days, months, or a few years, until someone, from somewhere, by chance or purpose, will find a way here, unite the crystals and mark the beginning of a new cycle."

"So, what I seek is to put an end to those cycles. I want to make the death of Cosmos permanent, by releasing the energy from all five crystals," he stated coldly. "After all, what good is a victory if it's only going to be reset? A war needs one true winner in the end."

"This is where you little pawns come in..." he continued to explain. "I decided to expedite the ways of destiny this time, and have you goody two-shoes clowns collect those crystals. There was no doubt that you would jump at the opportunity to help someone in distress; Cosmos' pawns have always been like that. As for your opponents, I just needed them to make the whole story appear more convincing and dire... And perhaps even force you to release the energy of some crystals, too. Those crystals do make you pass through some sort of a test, by summoning lesser monsters from your worlds, but honestly, they never pose much of a real difficulty... I mean, how you managed to lose two of your allies to them is honestly beyond me," he shrugged as he rolled his eyes.

"So, I am giving you one last chance. Release the last crystal's energy, bring a permanent end to Cosmos, once and for all, and leave with your lives. Or die here, and I will simply try again with other pawns. The choice is yours."
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime15th September 2019, 7:35 pm

Papyrus
And just like that, Papyrus' world turned up on it's head. 

He'd been impersonating Cosmos from the beginning, the real one having been sealed away. He'd even summoned the others just to torture them! The beast was pure-evil incarnate, who had grown tired of good always winning. His power was beyond anything that Papyrus had ever dreamed-and they'd been nothing more then pawns in a game far larger then them, a game that had begun and would ultimately meet its unfair end. 

He'd had them at his mercy, choosing between their lives and the lives of billions upon billions of others all throughout the multiverse. 

And Papyrus was now at the very center of it all. The pivotal moment rested on his shoulders. Tears of frustration beaded in his eyes as he stepped a trembling step forward, in the direction of where the crystals now lay. 

Live and let more people get summoned like they had to finish the job, repeating the cycle until a group of them would seal the force of good successfully? The worlds' demise would be certain if he were to do that. Was there really no other way? 

He took another step, scrubbing the tears from his eyes. 

There was no other option. Papyrus' mind was made up. He looked to Angela and Garland, a solemn resolution written deeply on his face as he finally reached the crystals. He reached down and with a trembling hand, picked up the only shining one left. 

The dark ones meant that they were in Chaos' power. That meant the light ones were in Cosmos'. Swallowing hard, he stretched out his arm so the crystal was far above his head, twinkling away. 

"Angela, Garland. I'm sorry."

He had to do this. Who else but The Great Papyrus could pull this off?
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime16th September 2019, 8:00 am

Naturally, things did not continue to go their way for long. The three of them showered Chaos in a barrage of attacks, but this time, he sent each and every one of them flying right back to their team. Luckily, Papyrus had raised his shield one more time, blocking the incoming bones from striking the party, and they managed to move out of the way of her own spells.

Things could have been far worse, but this was getting dangerous now. If he could block their magical attacks with such ease, what could they do? Perhaps Garland could do some damage with that sword of his, but Angela doubted that breaking her staff on his head instead would produce satisfactory results.

Luckily, like a typical arch-villain, his ego got the best of him. Angela wasn't so sure that it would have worked, but Chaos was more than willing to share his story, basking in his moment of gloating. And boy, he did not skip details, did he?

He confirmed that Cosmos was indeed real, so he was essentially impersonating her. And she's dead already...? But those endless cycles he mentioned. Unite the crystals and they would be revived... The crystals are now all together, though, even formed a convenient circle by themselves when they dark shock caused them to drop them to the ground. Had they messed up already? But if they had, Chaos wouldn't need to go to such lengths to have the last crystal's energy released... There has to be something that they can do!

Angela winced inwardly at the dark god's mention of their fallen allies, even going as far as to taunt them over their incompetency for losing them. But she did her best to maintain a stoic expression; she had no desire to give him the satisfaction of watching her break down.

Story time was over, back to threats he was, and Angela still had no clue what to do. She looked at her teammates in concern - both options were equally bad. He was right, no? If they died here, then he could simply try again! It would be pointless to even sacrifice themselves, in the long run. But allowing him to get his way is no different at all.

There was probably only one option. They had to continue doing the impossible; fight a god. And if they fell, at least they would have tried their very best, carrying no regrets with them.

But, at that moment, Papyrus stepped forward and grabbed the crystal, as instructed. Angela's eyes widened.

'Angela, Garland. I'm sorry,' he only said as he lifted the crystal high in the air.

"What? No!! Don't listen to him! Even if we do as he says, do you really think he will let us go like that? We managed to strike him before and we can do it again! Don't give up!" she pleaded at him.
Back to top Go down
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

Jasper

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime16th September 2019, 10:25 am

Garland's eyes widened at the revelation of Cosmos's fate, but only briefly. He had suspected something unsavory had befallen the goddess of harmony, and Chaos seemed far too eager to gloat about having conquered his rival. Perhaps the gloating was earned, given how the diabolic entity had successfully raised a second magic barrier to repel every single attack thrown at him by the Cosmos warriors.

So that's the kind of fight it's going to be.

That must have been an intimidation tactic. Now the towering fiend was attempting to demoralize the 'pawns' by threatening to kill them unless they released the final crystal's energies. Chaos was very explicit in saying that he would merely try again with another batch of heroes, long after the remaining three had died. He even had the nerve to take shots at Samus and Lightning in their absence!

Well, if they were supposed to be put into a hopeless situation where no choice would produce a significant difference, why not laugh at the absurdity of it all? Garland's previous conversation and standoff with Frieza leaped back into his awareness, with the cautionary words of warning that Chaos would likely attempt some form of treachery. That still applied here; the deity clearly was trying to use Angela, Papyrus, and Garland to defuse the essence crystals that still held a connection to Cosmos.

"You do realize you're making fun of yourself too, right? Clearly you care enough to wear her image even when she has fallen to your own tricks."

The most inappropriate sort of smile began to surface on Garland's face as the winged mage dared to throw the God of Discord's own mockery back into his horned visage. "Sounds a little creepy and obssessive. What drove you this far, anyway? Did you try to ask her on a date and get turned down? I've gotta hand it to you - that's rather petty for a supposed deity."

Garland's smile didn't last all that long when he took notice of what Papyrus was doing. He opened his mouth to speak, to try and warn the guardsman against his seeming course of action, but couldn't manage the words. He couldn't ever imagine the poor guy to be a traitor in this lifetime or another.

Don't do it, Papyrus. Please, don't. If there's any chance we can bring Cosmos back with the crystals, we have to fight for it.
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime16th September 2019, 11:13 am

~Narrative~

Chaos glanced curiously towards Garland's direction. Was he really just trying to get under his skin? How amusing indeed! At least those pawns were not boring, he would give them that much.

"Eh, I don't know, I wouldn't say that it's my most flattering illusion, but it has served its purpose well, I suppose? Considering where we stand now and all," he offered with a shrug. "And no; I wouldn't dare ask her on a date. That woman sure has a lot of fight in her," he recalled fondly.

Would he ever feel the thrill of a battle again, if he went through with this plan? Or would he just have to settle for watching entire civilizations being destroyed under his eternal reign? For a brief moment, he couldn't help but wonder if he was doing the right thing.

No. The war needs one true winner. He's gone too far to second-guess himself now.

"At least I didn't lose my
mind over her," he eventually retorted, referencing the mage's earlier adventures with Rocbouquet.

"Oh, does that ring a bell? How very shameful! I do wonder, how can you stand to even look your so-called allies in the eyes after you attempted to murder them in cold blood for the sake of that woman? Is your spirit really that weak, or did she merely reap what your selfish desires had sowed?" he laughed.

His grin widened at the sorceress' plea to the skeletal warrior. "Finally, a pawn with some common sense," he declared as Papyrus prepared to finally fulfill Chaos' ambitions. "It's true, you don't know," he stated matter-of-factly in response to Angela's doubts. "But it's still your best bet. After all, why dispose of you afterwards? So much better if you have to remember this."

"Now, enough stalling. Get on with it," he commanded.

Quote :
The green crystal continues to send its energy towards the darkened four in tiny, nearly invisible beams of light, even from high in the air, at Papyrus' hands. The four crystals gradually begin to regain their glow..

As Papyrus maintains his hold on the crystal, he can see a ghostly, feminine figure standing in front of him but for a fleeting second. Even though her face was not readily discernible, she largely resembled the illusion of the Goddess of Harmony that he had witnessed through the schemes of Chaos; her hair, her attire, her build. Her hands were clasped together in a pleading position, as a soft voice echoed throughout his mind.

'Don't!'
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime16th September 2019, 8:04 pm

Papyrus
Papyrus lingered there, the crystal above him-and time seemed to slow down. He could hear Angela's plea, and Chaos' praise at the same time. He couldn't hear Garland, who had been stunned to silence-and there was the brief image of a woman, her face blurred-giving a cry of desperation over her folded hands before she disappeared as suddenly as she'd arrived. 

But none of these swayed Papyrus in either direction. His mind had been made up the second he'd started moving. He moved his gaze slowly from that of the crystal, still held high above his head, to the eyes of Chaos. His glowing eyes seemed to have nothing in them, no resemblance of any morals or soul-just pure evil leaking out like green smoke.

And he was staring down at him once again, like a predator-in great anticipation. 

So, Papyrus finished what he'd originally set out to do.

Without breaking eye contact with the wretched creature, he moved his free arm up as high as he'd held the other one. Within seconds-and almost with an audible howl-a familiar animal skull appeared, hovering right above the crystal. If anyone knew any better, they could have sworn that the teeth had seem to grow longer, and the glimmer in the sockets just a bit brighter. 

"No."

The skull then unhinged it's jaw, and fired a blast of white-hot energy directly at him.  With his free hand, Papyrus tossed the crystal aside all while the light from the magic lit the ground where he stood-almost as though it were elaborating the integrity of Papyrus trick, showering the stage with light to show the grand gesture to the crowd.

There had only ever been one choice from the beginning. As if he could forsake the sanctity of everything he valued for the sake of his life!
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime16th September 2019, 10:04 pm

~Narrative~

Quote :
Papyrus uses Gaster Blaster!
Ultimate attack! +500 offensive roll bonus
Surprise attack! Chaos was caught off guard! -500 defensive roll bonus

Papyrus (offense): 237 737
Chaos (defense): 1152 652

A minor hit! (-0.5)

Battle Info:
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime17th September 2019, 11:46 am

Angela could do nothing but listen to the verbal exchange of taunts between their ally mage and their rival deity. "That's not right!" she protested against Chaos' remarks, looking at Garland in the eyes. "That was not your fault, and you know it. We know it too!"

Her attention was returned to Papyrus as he seemed intent on obeying the evil god's orders. To save himself? Or to save them? Or to save others from going through the same fate that they did? She was not sure what the reason was, and she was even less sure of what she should do. Should she stop him? Should she attack him? Would that do any good? Either way, she just couldn't bring herself to do so.

But instead of going through with his action, an animal-like skull appeared way above, blasting the god of discord with a powerful laser beam, while he simply tossed the crystal back to the ground. Of course! Was he just trying to catch Chaos off guard? Angela should waste no time then; she raised her staff high above her as well, summoning a barrage of meteorite shards for one more time.

Action:

~Narrative~

Quote :
Angela uses Ancient!

Angela (offense): 115 615
Chaos (defense): 655

It missed!

Battle Info:
Back to top Go down
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

Jasper

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime17th September 2019, 5:24 pm

The winged mage clenched his fists, trying not to make an immediate response to Chaos's taunting. If he was going to throw shade at a deity of strife, it was natural to expect some manner of inflammatory retort. That arrogant demon sure knew how to pick a sore point, though; Rocbouquet's machinations had done well to prove that Garland still had a weakness for pretty girls.

Speaking of which, Angela chose that moment to look him in the eyes and firmly state his absence of culpability. He briefly gasped, then nodded quickly to her and turned his gaze back towards the crowing archfiend with reddening cheeks. This really wasn't the time to admit his attraction to Angela, especially not in such a dire life-or-death situation.

"Y-yeah.. I know it wasn't my fault.."

He didn't quite know what to make of Papyrus's next move, other than seeing a fine opportunity to unleash a potent attack of his own. The pretty purple sorceress had followed suit with her meteor-summoning magic, with indeterminate results. Could he perhaps put some pain over on that bat bastard?

Garland stepped forward, rapidly and recklessly drawing out the volatile energies of the phantom Eldetrius echo to throw his mightiest magic spell towards Chaos. As he shaped an overly brilliant, explosive sphere of primordial light and heat within his hands, the veteran magician called forth his challenge.

"Wings or no wings, I still have a human heart filled with human vices and desires. But know this - even if I die here, I'll be happy knowing that I managed to break a god's magic shield!"

If Garland got his way, he was going to break more than just a shield. Every moment of distraction and every injury they dealt to Chaos wouid permit more precious time for Cosmos to make a recovery.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime17th September 2019, 10:11 pm

~Narrative~

Quote :
Garland uses Sunburst!
Chaos is weak against light-based attacks! -250 defensive roll penalty.

Garland (offense): 223 723
Chaos (defense): 462 212

Critical hit! (-1.5)
Chaos is immune to blindness!

Chaos took in Garland's embarrassed reaction, but he did not press further. His attention locked on Papyrus, he merely awaited his sweet moment of victory, at last. After all of his efforts, he had finally succeeded! The dumb skeleton was just about to release the energy of the final crystal, and...

And he just tossed it back to the ground.

Before he had time to process what he dared do, a beam of laser managed to graze him on the shoulders. He carefully dodged the sorceress' pathetic follow-up attempt, but could not avoid the dreadful, dazzling light of the third one.

In the aftermath, Chaos stood still, eyes still fixed on Papyrus. He blinked twice, his expression darkened. He finally closed his eyes as he let out a deep breath.

*sigh* "And just what were you hoping to achieve by this?" he questioned as he raised one arm to the sky, preparing his bombardment of retaliation.

Quote :
Chaos uses Fire 3!

Chaos (offense): 894
Angela (defense): 974
It missed!
Papyrus (defense): 758
It hit! (-1)
Garland (defense): 374
It hit! (-1)

~

Chaos uses Ice 3!

Chaos (offense): 996
Angela (defense): 7
It hit! (-1)
Papyrus (defense): 231
It hit! (-1)
Garland (defense): 36
It hit! (-1)

~

Chaos uses Bolt 3!

Chaos (offense): 706
Angela (defense): 559
It hit! (-1)
Papyrus (defense): 141
It hit! (-1)
Garland (defense): 746
It missed!

His eyes then began to glow a bright red. "Fine then... Enough playing," he remarked. But before he could do anything more threatening, something began to happen...

Quote :
On its own accord, the green crystal floats towards the remaining four ones. With their energy sufficiently replenished, all five of them, now sparkling with their respective colors, are raised and proceed to form a perfect circle a little above the ground. They begin to move rapidly within the circle as a pillar of bright, white light, tall as the eye can see, eventually forms within.

Once the pillar of light subsides, a figure can be seen standing in its wake, her back turned towards the three heroes and facing the God of Discord directly. The five crystals cease their ceremonious dance and return to the figure's hands before fading out of existence, ready to be summoned again at her command.

Completely identical to the illusion they had witnessed beforehand, the trio can readily identify the woman as the Goddess of Harmony; Cosmos.

The woman turned her head back to address Angela, Papyrus and Garland. "Thank you, brave warriors," she said softly. "You have done really well. I will handle this from here."

Battle Info:
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime18th September 2019, 2:33 pm

Seriously?? She just used the strongest spell at her disposal and that arrogant bastard simply waltzed out of the shards' path? That would probably be an alarming indication for the expected outcome of this battle - but Angela was quite frankly more irritated than alarmed, at this point.

At least Garland's attempt appeared to have yielded far better results than hers... Or so she thought? It's not that Chaos looked particularly fazed by the blast, even though it was a direct hit. In fact, he seemed to be kind of annoyed too, if anything. And he sure showed so.

He came down on them hard in response, going through a plethora of elements in rapid sequence. First fire, which Angela barely managed to avoid, and then ice and lightning which struck her head-on. For the most part, Papyrus and Garland did not seem to have much better luck against the barrage, either.

This was hopeless, wasn't it? He was too fast; even though they have been able to strike him, there is no way that they will manage to last long enough in order to take him down, at this rate. She didn't think she could go on for much longer, and the same was likely true for her allies, she supposed.

Angela clenched her fists in frustration. Was this really the end?

However, just as her hope began to fade away, those little crystals sprang into action once more. The dull ones somehow regained their shine and sparkle, and they started floating around in a circle, with a pillar of bright light forming in its center.

And then she saw her. That woman who they had met at the very beginning; or so they had thought, back then. But this time, this was the real thing. It had to be. Cosmos. The deity of harmony thanked them for their work so far, and reassured them that she will deal with Chaos from now on.

Could she do it? Would they be okay? Would she be okay?
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime19th September 2019, 7:58 pm

Papyrus
His pathetic attempt at a surprise attack failed, and Chaos regarded him as less then a fly. The blaster failed to do enough damage, and while the other two followed the opening Papyrus gave them by also launching a surprise attack, only Garlands' had landed. It had hardly done any damage as well. 

The retaliation was as swift as it was brutal, and Papyrus found himself being the perfect target.Burning fire, numbing cold, and searing lightning engulfed him one after the other. Each blast came in wave after powerful wave-and the crippling pain of it all forced him onto his knees. It took far too much effort-far too long to push himself back up on wobbly legs to face the beast once more. 

All it took was one look into those glowing red eyes to tell Papyrus that his days of being a royal guardsman were over. Even if he'd somehow managed to endure this attack-the next one would likely be the last. The sneak-attack had only quickened their end. An apology to Angela and Garland would never be enough. 

Papyrus could only let out a small whimper as he braced himself for the inevitable.

But instead, the crystals began to react with one another. The green one that Papyrus had thrown aside flashed to life, returning the others to their original glittering states. The woman he'd seen moments before-the image that had pleaded with him as he stared Chaos down had appeared, the crystals vanishing in her hand. 

The crystals already had their powers released-how was this possible? She was sealed away, wasn't she?

"Lady...Cosmos?" Papyrus could only mumble her name in disbelief.
Back to top Go down
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

Jasper

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime20th September 2019, 4:26 am

What were they hoping to accomplish, indeed? Garland had no expectations of defeating a god with the power of his Sunburst spell, but it did appear to cause some injury. There were no bruises or scorch marks with which to reference. The best indication that his attack had succeeded was that Chaos now looked irritated.  The demon rose one of his four arms, and what followed next was better described as the pure elements of pain.

Blazing fires sprang up into existence, soon giving way to a cruel and chilling burst of cold winds and ice. This elemental havoc laid the proper conditions for a vicious torrent of thunderbolts, which in spite of his heat and frost injuries, the winged mage was able to evade.  One brief look at his allies suggested they weren't faring much better than the guildmaster.

Was that it? Were they going to die here for defying Chaos? Even if he drew further souls into this realm to further his wicked ends, Garland had no desire to be an accessory to the fiend's plan of eternal conquest.

From the corner of his eyes, the single green crystal began to hover towards the other four. Turning to watch what was happening, a faint smile began to creep across the magician's face as he witnessed the formation of a pillar of light.

Garland breathed out a tired laugh, struggling at this point to keep both feet under his chest and retain his balance.  They had done it! The three warriors were successful in delaying Chaos long enough for the crystals to reignite themselves and revive Cosmos, but it felt as though their work wasn't quite finished. How could they further press an effective attack against the malignant deity? It seemed like he would have his hands full just trying to protect himself against the baleful magic.

She resembled the exact regal woman whom Chaos had mimicked not that long ago, only the crystals were reacting to her own silent commands; the trickster demon was trying not to contact them in any manner. They were part of her, and the two wouid have had an explosive reaction.

"Hah, we did it.. now what else is there for us to do?"
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime20th September 2019, 7:39 am

~Narrative~

Chaos could do nothing but watch as the five crystals had regained enough of their energy to bring his rival deity back. "Oh, nuts. Back so soon?" he merely asked rhetorically with a smirk.

The woman returned her attention to him, staring at him intently with a cold glare.

"Whaaat? I'm the God of Discord. You can't blame me for giving this a try," he continued.

"It is not our position to disrupt the balance between good and evil in this way, and you know that," the woman responded. "We are to serve our own role and purpose in the grand scheme of things. We are not above everything."

"Oh, rules this, rules that," he retorted. "Boooooring. Don't you think it's much more fun to improvise along the way? Spice things up a bit and all."

The woman's lips betrayed the faintest hint of a smile, though not visible by the party of three with her back remaining turned on them. "And it's my job to put an end to those absurd schemes of yours, is it not?"

"Will you, really?" he questioned. "You literally just got revived," he pointed out as he raised one arm to the sky again, the previous bright red glow returning on his eyes. "And you think you can take me on, right here, right now? This should be the fastest cycle so far," he finished, the amusement evident in his tone.

"I'll just have to try, I suppose," she answered calmly as she also raised her hand high above, her own eyes glowing a pure white.

"Fine then. Let me see your power; or what's left of it!"

And like that, the two deities took aim at one another, the ultimate spells of black and white magic clashing violently in the very middle.

Quote :
Chaos uses Meteor!
Ultimate Black Magic! Automatic max roll!

An endless swarm of flaming meteorite shards, varying in sizes, begins to be propelled directly towards Cosmos.

Cosmos uses Holy!
Ultimate White Magic! Automatic max roll!

An enormous blast of white light is launched from Cosmos' hand, clashing with the countless meteorite shards and disintegrating them on impact, attempting to push through.

Cosmos has not fully recovered; she is still severely weakened! -2500 roll penalty

Chaos (offense): 9999
Cosmos (counter): 9999 7499

The meteorite shards begin to gain ground, pushing Cosmos' light energy more and more back! Cosmos is evidently struggling to keep up against Chaos' power.

Battle Info:
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime20th September 2019, 2:53 pm

Papyrus
After a brief conversation between gods-the powers of light and darkness were pushed to the top of their forms. Chaos had summoned a spray of meteors to rain down on his opponent, while Cosmos had summoned an endless burst of holy light to counter the attack. The sheer power of these spells were palpable-even someone like Papyrus could sense the potency as the battle raged on. 

And yet, the ground between the light and dark spells were closing in. The brilliant white light was getting smaller and shorter-becoming overwhelmed by the power Chaos was wielding. It was as though their deaths were delayed once more; Cosmos would be unable to overcome the dark spell, and would fall. 

And Papyrus, Angela and Garland wouldn't be far behind her. 

Papyrus walked to Cosmos' side like a man possessed-numb and unsteady. He couldn't hope to come close to matching the power that lay out before him, but what was Papyrus to do? Sit back and watch everyone die-including himself? His arms began to tremble heavily, as blurs of magic began to appear, vanish and re-appear above him, only to abruptly vanish once more.

"C'mon...c'mon!" Papyrus begged, surrendering one arm to grip tightly onto the other in a feeble attempt to steady it. The heat from the many flaming shards licked at him as his arms began to tremble even more-heavy with effort. The few flimsy scraps of red fabric-what were left of his gloves-finally lost their strength and fell apart, being scattered about behind him. 

His magic hadn't worked as it should since he got here. Summoning a bone took a considerate amount of additional effort on his part, and his spells suffered for it. They lacked the accuracy and strength that they normally had-and it seemed like the others had suffered the same. Angela, Garland-even the late Lightning and Samus-each of them seemed to have more difficulty with their various abilities then they were used to. If Papyrus had to make a bet-this was all on the fault of Chaos. He'd managed to have them run in circles and throw themselves into danger all this time, after all. He'd even manged to disguise himself as his opposition-right down to mirroring her voice!

Yet the idea did little to help Papyrus now, struggling to summon yet another special attack to assist. It had been so draining, he'd been lucky that he was able to summon a blaster per battle. The fact that he'd already summoned one not even minutes beforehand was evident-beads of sweat gathered on his forehead as he continued to try again and again-and fail. 

"Please work! Please!"

He'd gotten the crystal to respond to him for crying out loud! Why couldn't he have his own magic do the same? More wisps of Papyrus effort materialized and broke apart as he began to despair even more at his own powerlessness. 

He wasn't even trying to summon multiple attacks! All he needed was one! 

Slowly, very slowly-one of the small wisps gradually began to take shape. From translucent to solid, the form was now discernible. A large gaster blaster had appeared uneasily, it's muzzle pointed to the large beam of light that was dangerously close to being overcome. 

"WORK!" Papyrus screeched as he forced his arm upright. Within seconds, the blaster produced a small beam of light of its own, shooting directly into the beam that Cosmos was casting. 

Papyrus was shoved to his knees by an unseen force the second the beams crossed. However, he still kept his arm up-forcing the the blast to keep going-a small yet desperate kindling to keep the fire protecting them from getting snuffed out. 

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime20th September 2019, 2:59 pm

~Narrative~

Quote :
Chaos continues casting Meteor!
Cosmos continues casting Holy!

Papyrus uses Gaster Blaster, uniting his power with Cosmos!
Papyrus pushes himself to the limit! (-1 H2KO)

Papyrus (assist): 396 896

Cosmos (counter): 9999 7499 8395

Chaos' power continues to advance forward against the united stand of Cosmos and Papyrus, but at a slower rate...

"Hahahaha," the beast-like deity laughed. "Do you really think that you can make a difference? How foolish you are..." he taunted.

Battle Info:
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime20th September 2019, 3:02 pm

Angela was not sure what to make of the verbal exchange between the two deities standing before them. In fact, they nearly sounded like an old married couple bickering, if anything. What a thought! However, the quiet before the storm did not last for long, as they promptly engaged in an ultimate showdown of powerful magic. 

Chaos was confident that he would win this one, and by the looks of it, he had every good reason to feel that way. Cosmos was slowly but surely being overpowered, the barrage of the fiery rocks summoned by her rival deity pushing further and further through her holy energy.

At this rate, the goddess of harmony would be defeated yet again. And, most obviously, they would be next. But what else could they do? After all, they were mere mortals, spectating a battle between gods, of all people.

Angela shook her head to clear away her doubts. No. They got too far to give up now. There has to be a way to help! Sure, Cosmos is losing ground, but perhaps if they also combined their own power with hers, it might just tip the scales of power to their favor. It was at least worth a shot, at this point.

And she was not the only one thinking so. Papyrus apparently had the same idea, and despite his evident exhaustion, he continued giving it his all, summoning his powerful laser beam once more, taking aim together with Cosmos. Chaos did not seem concerned, but the advance of his dark power did seem to slow down a tad.

There was no backing down anymore. Papyrus was doing his best right now despite his struggling, and so should Angela. She moved forward, standing to the left of the woman in white; she pointed her staff towards the clashing of spells, using both hands to stabilize it as her arms began to tremble by the overexertion. She closed her eyes and concentrated deeply, thinking of her allies and friends back in her world, thinking of her allies and friends right here.

As her eyes snapped open, her strongest spell came into action one more time, her own personal take of meteorite shards colliding with those of the dark god.

Action:

~

~Narrative~

Quote :
Papyrus continues casting Gaster Blaster!

Angela uses Ancient, uniting her power with Cosmos and Papyrus!
Angela can barely keep going on! (-1 H2KO)

Angela (assist): 331 831

Cosmos (counter): 9999 7499 8395 9226

The opposing forces are now nearly at a standstill.

"Tch. Pathetic pawns. Just give up already," Chaos remarked, his tone finally more serious.

Battle Info:
Back to top Go down
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

Jasper

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime20th September 2019, 6:24 pm

Every tendon, muscle, and fiber of Garland's being was aching as he bore witness to an effulgent eruption of ancient eldritch magicks that most mortals could only envision within their deepest, darkest dreams.

Even if Garland was unwilling to simply yield to Chaos for no greater reason than spite, the archfiend was making a point behind his generous taunting. Lady Cosmos had narrowly avoided certain doom, rekindling the power of her crystals while the magician and his allies had risked substantial harm just to buy her a small moment of recuperation. Even now, she was risking another defeat to put an end to her immortal foe's schemes.

An endless swarm of flaming meteors and cosmic detritus swept closer and closer to Cosmos and her champions. Brilliant, pure holy light was surging forth from the goddess to push the impending destruction away, but she was slowly losing ground. If only they had not been taxed so heavily during their earlier battles, perhaps Cosmos could have made a fuller recovery..!

Could the guildmaster just hand over his power to Cosmos and try to push back the encroaching tide of doom? Garland blinked once, then bit back the urge to laugh as he recognized the magical powers summoned forth by Angela and Papyrus. They came to the same conclusion, but had acted upon it well ahead of the winged mage.

Eldetrius, it looks like I'm going to need your help once again.

Gathering every scrap of energy that he could manage despite his battered physical state, Garland began to form the brilliant sphere of celestial power that had marked his explosively blinding Sunburst spell. The ghostly form of his bonded artifact materialized again, humming and throbbing with forbidden arcane energy.

This time, Garland had a different approach. Instead of using it as part of a direct attack, the Enthroned champion directed the micro-sun to join with the holy energy of Cosmos, trusting that the goddess would augment her pure light with the explosive force contained within his simulated nova.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime21st September 2019, 3:58 am

~Narrative~

Quote :
Papyrus continues casting Gaster Blaster!
Angela continues casting Ancient!

Garland uses Sunburst, uniting his power with Cosmos, Papyrus and Angela!
Garland overexerts himself! (-1 H2KO)
Garland's health is critically low! He begins to feel very exhausted.

Angela (assist): 331 831
Garland (assist): 972 1472

Cosmos (counter): 9999 7499 8395 9226 9999+

The combined power of the heroes of justice and the Goddess of Harmony finally prevail, now easily breaking through the spell of the God of Discord, blasting him directly with enormous power.

Deadly hit! (-5)

Chaos is defeated!

"...What?" Chaos exclaimed, as he narrowed his eyes in disbelief at the united power of Cosmos and her three cronies dangerously encroaching. "Impossible!!"

Unable to push against the combined force any longer, he took the full brunt of the blast, letting out an unworldly scream upon impact with the holy energy.

He collapsed to his knees, using all of his arms to steady himself, as his body was getting engulfed in bright flames. A blank, neutral expression at first eventually turned into a wide grin. A brief chortle gave way to a full-fledged fit of laughter.

"Ha... haha... Hahahaha! Amazing..." he remarked even as he started to vanish within the fire. "To think that you would unite your strength with those mortal pawns to overpower me... How unpredictable you have become! I love it!"

"That's how it is, then. Looking forward to the next cycle, my Lady..." he said in farewell as his form eventually completely disappeared. Only five dark crystals could now be seen, floating exactly where the God of Discord once stood. Instantaneously, they shot away in all directions, waiting to be reunited by hands of darkness, as destiny has it, so that the cycle can begin anew...

Upon Chaos' defeat, the scenery also started to transform in a slow, gradual pace. The fiery lava began to freeze and solidify; the bark of the surrounding trees regained a more lively, brown color, with a few leaves appearing sporadically among the branches; little flowers bloomed on the dry ground as the dark clouds were giving way to a clear sky.

Cosmos, struggling to keep her breathing even after the tremendous effort she had to put to her casting, eventually collapsed down to her knees as well.

Battle Info:
Back to top Go down
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

Jasper

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime22nd September 2019, 10:49 am

Garland strained against the natural impulses of pain aversion as he channeled the potent magical force of Eldetrius into spell form. To keep pushing the boundary of one's limitations promised to be a strenuous experience, and the magician's destructive artifact was all too willing to enforce that promise.

The guildmaster dropped to a knee once his incantation was complete, gasping for breath. Oppressive fatigue and exhaustion wracked every tender muscle in his arms and legs, like as if he were reliving his childhood training through running multiple laps around the perimeter of his father's property.

Garland wiped a sleeve over his eyes, straining to look towards the place where Chaos had been formerly standing. "Did.. did we do it? All I can hear is the sound of my own beating heart."
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime22nd September 2019, 12:05 pm

Angela continued pushing herself to the brink, putting more and more of her energy into her spell, just as Garland also joined in along with his explosive artifact. This was their final opportunity, and they could not afford to waste it.

And eventually, they actually succeeded, as their joint blast broke through Chaos' power and managed to take him down. He seemed to be just as shocked as Angela, at first; even though this was exactly what they were trying to do, she had started to doubt if they actually had any hope at all. But they did.

However, the disbelief of the evil deity soon gave way to maniacal laughter, as he was seemingly even enjoying the absurdity of it all. Why? Hopefully he did not have any more tricks up his metaphorical sleeve...

But ultimately, Chaos disappeared in a burst of flames, while a number of crystals, identical to those that they had been collecting throughout this long journey, albeit far darker, shot far across the sky. Looking around her, Angela could notice that the forest itself had now begun to heal, coming back to life.

Had they really done it? She was not sure of anything, anymore, and neither was Garland, as it appeared.

Angela glanced towards Cosmos as the woman succumbed to her fatigue and dropped to the ground; and she was in no much better shape either, now using her staff as footing to steady herself. "Are you alright?" she weakly asked.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime22nd September 2019, 12:47 pm

Papyrus
Even as he could see the familiar flashes of his companions magic, he couldn't perceive much more then that. Darkness had started to crawl at the edges of his vision, and spots of a variety of sizes had begun to appear. All sounds were all but replaced with an intense ringing-risking to speed up the state of unconsciousness that Papyrus was trying so desperately to fight. 

Papyrus had been expending magic faster then he could replenish it; each and every spark he felt immediately being expended into the fine current of magic that the blaster was utilizing. It was an incredibly dangerous state to be in, especially for a monster. Their souls relied on their magic to keep their forms in tact-to keep them alive-after all. If Papyrus were to keep this up, who knows what would happen to him.

But that mattered little. Death was awaiting no matter what Papyrus did. If he truly were to die, he'd rather his sacrifice would help grant victory to end this botched-conflict once and for all.

After what seemed like an eternity, as the darkness in his vision threatened to swallow everything up-the end finally came. Their powers combined overtook Chaos, and holy flames overcame him-rendering his form into five more crystals as he laughed and granted their side an oddly-genuine congratulations. 

And Papyrus vision gave out. His arms gave way as well as he fell to the ground stomach-first, still being able to hear how winded his allies were. He'd felt the ground beneath him suddenly grow soft-the familiar feeling of grass-as his vision returned in its entirety; having been gone for only a few seconds. Drenched in sweat and gulping in air, he managed to sit himself upright and revel in the sights before him.

Lady Cosmos, Angela and Garland were now among a sea of green-the sun shining brightly overhead. Flowers dotted the landscape, not an ounce of fire to be seen. It was as though this scenery was all that was ever there-and all that ever would be. 

Did that mean they really did it?

Last edited by Cosmos-Hime on 22nd September 2019, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime22nd September 2019, 12:49 pm

~Narrative~

"Yes, I'll be fine, don't worry," the deity of harmony calmly replied to Angela's inquiry, as she raised herself from the ground. She moved a few steps forward, towards the large tree that Chaos was previously standing beneath, and then turned to face her three saviors.

"I must thank you, deeply. You should not have had to be involved in a clash like this, but I could not have done it without your help..." she trailed off. "However, I do believe that it would be more proper to thank all of you," she continued with a gentle smile.

With a wave of her hand, two oval-shaped orbs of energy appeared behind the group. The orbs grew bigger in size and their inner part turned transparent, largely resembling a mirror. But those orbs were not reflective; instead, looking inside each orb, the party would be able to see Lightning on the left, and Samus on the right, just going about their day. They appeared to be perfectly healthy, besides startled and surprised at the portal that appeared in front of them out of the blue, revealing their former allies within. But the initial shock soon gave way to joy and relief.

Cosmos stayed quiet for a moment, giving the group of five a much needed moment; whether they wanted to talk, laugh, or even simply comprehend what just happened; they would likely be so confused, she figured. Eventually, she spoke up, thanking the five heroes for their efforts once again, as well as explaining to the previously defeated warriors what Chaos himself had revealed to the others.
Back to top Go down
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

Jasper

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime22nd September 2019, 1:54 pm

From his kneeled position on the ground, Garland sucked in deep breaths and watched the forest slowly begin to take on a more verdant, invigorated disposition. The dark clouds were now parting for an open sky to fill the horizon, providing a glimpse into a peaceful future. He couldn't tell how long such a peace would last, beyond the spoken definition of a 'cycle' as hinted by the departed Chaos and his benevolent counterpart. Outside of the two deities, a cycle's duration was anyone's guess.

The magician listened as Angela inquired of Cosmos's condition, leading the goddess to answer that she would be fine. Putting her words to the point, Cosmos arose from the ground, briefly approaching a tree before returning her gaze to Garland and his two tired friends.

Wait a minute, what did she mean by all of them? Weren't Lightning and Samus lost to what Chaos previously described as the crystals' own trials? Sure, it didn't seem as though they were dead, but Garland had not expected to see them suddenly appear within two transparent orbs of energy.

What fascinating magic this was! He gasped briefly, starting to speak before catching his own words and fully examining each of the orbs. Upon having taken the proper introspection, and once Lightning and Samus had a chance to recompose themselves, Garland enthusiastically asked them about their respective welfare. Though he wasn't that far away from complete exhaustion, Garland managed a charming and engaged smile in light of seeing his distant friends in a not-so-distant manner.

Any small detail, good or bad, was worth hearing about from the guildmaster's point of view; after all, both women were able to answer him exactly as they liked, and that was the point. If they could speak with him like it were a normal day (aside of the magic window), then they had to be doing well!
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime22nd September 2019, 2:08 pm

Papyrus
Papyrus was ready to scream in relief upon hearing Cosmos' confirmation. The battle was over; and they were victorious. The powers of Chaos were no more-sealed away as Cosmos herself had been. His body felt heavy, but his heart was light. 

And that's when the miracle occurred. As if this couldn't be even more perfect, two magical portals appeared at her command. Within them were none other then Samus and Lightning-the two members they had lost long before this final encounter. The revelation that Samus and Lightning were alive, and in fact, never dead-was incredible, to say the least. All they remembered was getting knocked out, and waking up back in their respective homes. Papyrus grieved over their loss so heavily-If there wasn't a portal separating them, Papyrus would have swept the two up in a hug and wouldn't have let go.
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime22nd September 2019, 2:25 pm

"H-- how...?"

Angela could only watch dumbfounded, teary-eyed, as she saw the familiar faces of their previously presumed-to-be fallen companions. They were alright! Sure, they had considered the possibility, but after what Chaos had revealed, she had assumed that they really were gone. But here they were, right in front of them, perfectly healthy - in fact, far healthier than them!

They briefly talked about all that transpired - what happened to them after they disappeared, what happened here, the battle between Cosmos and Chaos. Once they finished, Angela turned back to the presiding deity.

"How?" she asked again, puzzled. Sure, she was happy, but this did not make sense to her. Hopefully it wasn't any sort of illusion to make them feel better. She just wanted the truth.

~Narrative~

"Your presence here is only a physical manifestation of your spirits," Cosmos began to explain. "Your true bodies are actually still safe in your origin worlds. Once those two were defeated, their spirits were simply forced back where they belonged."

"But while your lives were never in real danger, despite the injuries you have suffered and the pain that you may still feel, do know that if you had all fallen and Chaos had been allowed to continue with his plan, his dark energy would have affected your own worlds directly. Your victory was of paramount importance, for all the innocent people in all of the universes out there," she concluded as she glanced towards Papyrus and Garland, wondering if they also had anything they wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

Jasper

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime22nd September 2019, 2:36 pm

Garland listened closely as Cosmos revealed the central reason for Lightning and Samus being in perfect condition. He blinked slowly at first, processing the finer details of the tempered soldier and cosmic hunter's hearty status despite having witnessed them suffer no less hardships during their time together in this distant realm.

Scratching his head, Garland thought briefly before putting his first concern into spoken word. "Lady Cosmos, how is it that our spirits were drawn to this place? If Chaos was impersonating you before we arrived, was he able to call us here on his own?"

He paused momentarily, motioning a hand towards Angela and Papyrus. "What happens to us now? Are you able to send us back to our bodies?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse   [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse - Page 30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse

View previous topic View next topic Back to top