The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 8:06 am

This is the FIRST episode EVER which made me tear up a bit.

It was BEAUTIFUL!

I don't recall the "new awakening" in the manga, but it was definitely worth it.

Oh, and it appears that Hotaru gets and OFFICIAL henshin next week!

YAY

Last edited by Sailor Mercury on 13th June 2016, 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Wrong episode title.)
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 8:55 am

Mistress 9's crazy face (those eyes, ugh!) was...memorable. XD;; I have a thing with eyeballs, so that was disturbing to see, first thing in the morning.

A word on my thoughts about Hotaru's "I love you" to Chibi Usa. The word she used is "suki", which can mean "like" or "love". It can be used in a situation where someone confesses a crush on another person, but also between friends in a platonic manner. It's less loaded, shall we say, of a word than "ai", which also means "love" but usually has stronger romantic connotations than "suki".

Hearing Mamoru's line about the feeling of giving his daughter away for marriage, I get the feeling he's referring to the fact that Chibi Moon has grown into a strong person and a future senshi.Those are the words of a proud papa!

^East
I don't think Saturn will get a henshin next episode. Crystal follows the manga, and in the manga Saturn appears, fully transformed, from the remains of Mistress 9. Even so, I'm pumped to see Saturn in action! And from the looks of the preview I'm hoping the animation quality will be high!
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 9:02 am

mangaka-chan wrote:
Mistress 9's crazy face (those eyes, ugh!) was...memorable. XD;; I have a thing with eyeballs, so that was disturbing to see, first thing in the morning.

SAME. I mean cmmmmmmon sense

whats going on XD:

But besides the crazy stuff going on with Mistress9, I REALLY ENJOYED THIS EPISODE. Hotarus farewell to Chibiusa broke my heart =( but OHH those two Holy Grails!! Just a little disappointed that Chibse didn't get a "full" Crisis transformation Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  2276477511
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 9:51 am

Mistress 9 was scary as moon turds man. I was cringing. I almost cried when Hotaru disappeared. I thought this episode was well done.

I do wish Tuxedo Mask's power up was better. It didn't do justice for me, but I can't complain too much.

His comment about giving her away for marriage was so cute.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 9:55 am

I forgot to mention that.

We got something of a hat tip to Tuxedo Mask's 90's henshin. The castanets were a nice touch, though it would have probably been more complete had they had red rose petals near blowing as he transformed.

Something that I'm a bit lost on, does ChibiUsa become Super Sailor ChibiMoon by drawing on the power of the other senshi like Usagi, or did she manage to summon a Holy Grail of her own by means of the Silver Crystal's own power?

I don't remember this part of the manga too well, but I didn't remember ChibiUsa powering up into Super Sailor ChibiMoon in this arc.

It was adorable to have seen her Pink Sugar Heart Attack FINALLY do some legitimate damage to an enemy.
Back to top Go down
PrincesseNee
Lotus Crystal

PrincesseNee

Lotus Crystal

Title : Spread the love, people! ~Lover of Inner Senshi~
Location : Where Peace, Love, and Gumdrops are! AKA My Imagination. :3

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 10:29 am

This episode made me cry like omg Chibiusa and Hotaruuuuuuu! Sniff. 

Them eyes from Mistress 9 tho....that was so creepy.

Mamoru's transformation, the whole group together, the crying, the angst, the action!!!!! This episode is literally 10/10/10. 

Im warming up to the ending song, its a little more enjoyable from when I heard it the first time. But yall know Toei tryna be slick with their fanservice *cough* wet mamo *cough*

Gosh I barely have anything constructive to say but whatevs lol
Back to top Go down
LaMoonstar
Lotus Crystal

LaMoonstar

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 10:49 am

Hikari-chan wrote:
Mistress 9 was scary as moon turds man. I was cringing. I almost cried when Hotaru disappeared. I thought this episode was well done.

I do wish Tuxedo Mask's power up was better. It didn't do justice for me, but I can't complain too much.

His comment about giving her away for marriage was so cute.

*Pops out of the woodwork* Hello!

-Yeah, Mistress 9 was so creepy just with her eyes rolling around, I am glad they kept some of the creepiness from the manga.

-Hotaru's sacrifice to save the Senshi and Chibiusa's soul was so sad and moving, I was near tears. She realized that her dad and her actual body is dead, but she can still save them.

-Wow, I'm surprised at how powerful ChibiMoon's attack was against Mistress Nine in comparison to Sailor Moon's own attack.

-I think someone commented on Tumblr of Hotaru's "I really love you"  is "suki" which is more platonic, but "ai" is seen as more romantic.

-I agree that Mamoru saying that he feels he's giving away Chibiusa at a wedding as she's grown into as strong a senshi as Sailor Moon.

-I wish they had shortened Sailor Moon's super transformation to showcase Chibi Moon's.

There were some derpy moments with eyes and arm length, but other than that it was so amazing! The drama and emotion have really amped up than what was crammed into 2 episodes of the original series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4632488/1/In-the-Shadow-of-Starligh http://kindnessiseternal.tumblr.com/ http://lamoonstar.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC37YaBDyUey7tN9vhPHaU1w?
Neo King Helios
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : ~GC's Official Helios!~

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 10:52 am

Oh my gosh this episode is honestly the best one so far! It came by so fast as well! One minute I was terrified of Mistress 9, then suddenly I'm crying because of Hotaru, then suddenly im terrified, then excited, then crying! Gosh! So many mixed emotions that I could not help but breakdown all throughout! This is honestly where the classics nime took its turn, it wasn't as amazing as this one- this one is just honestly, I cannot fathom all the feelings inside me right now. And yes!!! Sailor Saturn is coming!!! Can't wait honestly!

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  190603310 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  190603310 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  190603310 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  190603310 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  190603310 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  190603310 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  1569843278 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  1569843278 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  1569843278 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  1569843278 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  1569843278 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  1569843278
Back to top Go down
http://johnnyquartzuniverse.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/c/johnsacapano
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 11:12 am

Well, the episode certainly creeped me out. Mistress 9 going cross-eyed, and that unsettling smirk. It's like the animators really wanted us to know Mistress 9 was a monster before the complete transformation. 

Then we are hit by the emotional aspects of the episode with Hotaru and Chibiusa. 

Shame that the animators missed their change to give Tuxedo Mask a henshin scene (a single manga panel in the chapter had one). It didn't have to be long-winded like the Senshi but still would've liked something.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Usa-chan
Lotus Crystal

Usa-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : smol

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 2:33 pm

mangaka-chan wrote:
A word on my thoughts about Hotaru's "I love you" to Chibi Usa. The word she used is "suki", which can mean "like" or "love". It can be used in a situation where someone confesses a crush on another person, but also between friends in a platonic manner. It's less loaded, shall we say, of a word than "ai", which also means "love" but usually has stronger romantic connotations than "suki".
http://japanese.about.com/od/japanesecultur1/fl/How-to-Say-I-love-you-in-Japanese.htm
According to this, Japanese people hardly ever say "aishiteru" and will usually use "suki" to get the same point across. Also, Hotaru said "daisuki" which means to like/love a lot. (:

Thoughts:

MISTRESS 9 IS TERRIFYING
Spoiler:

HOTARU NEVER SAID ANYTHING LIKE THIS IN THE MANGA  SO BASICALLY THIS WAS ADDED BECAUSE SMC SHIPS THEM 
Spoiler:

I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING
Spoiler:

tuxie transformation yas you're beautiful baby
Spoiler:

CHIBIUSA FINALLY DID SOMETHING GOOD. I'M SO PROUD. Seriously, she was such a boss in the episode. Her attack did more damage than Mars, Venus, Mercury and Jupiter's combined (probably because of her high emotions / extreme determination / plus she kinda snuck up on it. This is basically the representation of her awakening as a "true" senshi.
Spoiler:

Chibimoon actually gets to fight along side Sailor Moon and she isn't a joke anymore wow I am so happy :')
Spoiler:

Aside from some of the derpy animation mistakes, this was the best episode yet!

Last edited by Chibi Usako on 13th June 2016, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/ http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/
PrincesseNee
Lotus Crystal

PrincesseNee

Lotus Crystal

Title : Spread the love, people! ~Lover of Inner Senshi~
Location : Where Peace, Love, and Gumdrops are! AKA My Imagination. :3

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 2:41 pm

Chibi Usako wrote:
mangaka-chan wrote:
http://japanese.about.com/od/japanesecultur1/fl/How-to-Say-I-love-you-in-Japanese.htm
According to this, Japanese people hardly ever say "aishiteru" and will usually use "suki" to get the same point across. Also, Hotaru said "daisuki" which means to like/love a lot. (:
So HotaruxChibiusa confirmed?  Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  2422052349
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 2:43 pm

Honestly, take your own interpretation and run with it. Japanese is a very ambiguous language, you won't get your canon evidence here. xD (A lot of people say daisuki to friends, and I vividly remember a Myu performer saying it to the general audience, so it literally encompasses everything).
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Usa-chan
Lotus Crystal

Usa-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : smol

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 3:03 pm

Sailor Mercury wrote:
Honestly, take your own interpretation and run with it. Japanese is a very ambiguous language, you won't get your canon evidence here. xD (A lot of people say daisuki to friends, and I vividly remember a Myu performer saying it to the general audience, so it literally encompasses everything).
Very true! I just love the fact that this was an additional line added by sailor moon crystal that wasn't even in the manga. They improved upon an already beautiful scene. Regardless of the meaning, it really made the scene more emotional and heartbreaking.
Back to top Go down
http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/ http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime21st June 2016, 7:41 pm

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  4a98d6a309bf7a381810ec57d7309ae7
ERMA DERMUNNNNN!

Omg, I seriously can't remember anything from this episode: Mistress 9's derp faces were far too distracting for me! XD
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime21st June 2016, 8:35 pm

I loved her faces.

It truly made her look more demonic and deranged. Quite fitting.

Honestly, I wish we would have seen more screen time for Mistress 9 "human mode", before she went daemon on us. :/ 

I found her more sinister as a "human" than I did when she revealed her true form. It was kind of lame when she became a daemon.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 6:42 am

east02west wrote:
Something that I'm a bit lost on, does ChibiUsa become Super Sailor ChibiMoon by drawing on the power of the other senshi like Usagi, or did she manage to summon a Holy Grail of her own by means of the Silver Crystal's own power?

I don't remember this part of the manga too well, but I didn't remember ChibiUsa powering up into Super Sailor ChibiMoon in this arc.

Honestly I dont' think this is ever explained in the manga either. Like... i never quite understood where her grail comes from...the future maybe?? Since a lot of this arc is Sailor Moon drawing power from Neo Queen Serenity.

Chibi Usako wrote:
mangaka-chan wrote:

Thoughts:

MISTRESS 9 IS TERRIFYING
Spoiler:

HOTARU NEVER SAID ANYTHING LIKE THIS IN THE MANGA  SO BASICALLY THIS WAS ADDED BECAUSE SMC SHIPS THEM 
Spoiler:

I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING
Spoiler:

tuxie transformation yas you're beautiful baby
Spoiler:

CHIBIUSA FINALLY DID SOMETHING GOOD. I'M SO PROUD. Seriously, she was such a boss in the episode. Her attack did more damage than Mars, Venus, Mercury and Jupiter's combined (probably because of her high emotions / extreme determination / plus she kinda snuck up on it. This is basically the representation of her awakening as a "true" senshi.
Spoiler:

Chibimoon actually gets to fight along side Sailor Moon and she isn't a joke anymore wow I am so happy :')
Spoiler:

Aside from some of the derpy animation mistakes, this was the best episode yet!

Just. Everything in this post. MISTRESS 9'S CRAZY EYES. THEY WERE SO CREEPY. BEST SMC ANIMATION YET. XD

This episode was hte first time in all of SMC that I actually felt a little emotional...like good god that scene with Hotaru was pretty heart wrenching. I wish the rest of crystal had been like that. ;-;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 37 Discussion [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top