The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime20th June 2016, 9:22 am

So episode 38 is out now, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was very suspenseful at parts.

• Pharaoh 90 merging with Mistress 9 and the Earth was intense. So glad they didn't add the red smiley face this time.
  • I could understand why all but Sailor Moon fainted. Chibi Moon and the Inners were recovering from having their souls removed and Tuxedo Mask used his energy to keep Chibiusa alive.
  • I'll just get this thought out of the way. Sailor Moon dead? Yet Chibi Moon still alive? I've seen enough works of fiction involving time travel that could explain how this could be possible, but we see her in the preview of the next episode so I think it's safe to say that if she is dead, it didn't stick.
  • Sailor Saturn awakens and she is so cool. It's nice to see her do stuff other than jump into a big ball of fire. And the way she took down Pharaoh 90 was much more interesting that the 90s anime version. But the translaters still seem to like using Ribbon over Reborn.

Loved the episode and can't wait to see what happens next episode. And I'm especially interested in seeing how the finale goes, whether it is just the end of one arc, or if it ends one arc and begins another.

Last edited by magic713 on 20th June 2016, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime20th June 2016, 10:05 am

Well, this episode served as confirmation for my suspicions that Hotaru never awoke as Sailor Saturn, but that Silver Millennium Saturn's soul is the one that greeted them.

Edited to add:

As I've said previously, Saturn's design seems to be the most inconsistent of the senshi forms.

In the two anticipated pieces of promo art she looks rather young, and in the Silver Millennium flashback, she doesn't quite look the same as she was depicted in her first official appearance. I've noticed that as opposed to the bob of the 90's and the manga, she's been given something closer to a cross between a pixie cut and a bob. Perhaps I notice these things more readily, because she's my favourite senshi, but also because of how infrequently she's been depicted throughout Crystal. But not solely Crystal, but the series as a whole. It is the only time we ever have the opportunity to interact with her pre-Super senshi form. True, it wasn't Hotaru whom we encounter as Sailor Saturn, and as such, we never quite see her grow as a character. We're only informed by Saturn herself that she was not intended to awaken and that Hotaru was supposed to have died in that fire and gone on to her repose.

Something that I must admit is that I am intrigued by the fact that we get to interact with a Silver Millennium senshi who is able to wield and employ her powers at full force (Compare her power and strength to the rest of them). This is intriguing considering that Saturn is not limited by the confines of her reincarnated state as are the other senshi (including Usagi and Pluto). Saturn is able to use the crude force of her planetary powers as granted her by Queen Serenity. This leads me to suspect that Sailor Saturn is unique amongst all senshi. Saturn doesn't necessarily have to awaken if time and circumstance do not demand it. She could live out her life as a normal civilian never having been awakened (She implies as much.).

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Sg_v10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Sg_iv10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Sg_iii10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Sg_ii10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Sg_i10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Sg10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Drr_vi10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Reveal11
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Drr_ii10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Drr_ii10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Drr10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Speech10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Speech11
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Reveal10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Speech12
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Symbol10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Drr_v10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Drr_iv10

Last edited by east02west on 20th June 2016, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional information.)
Back to top Go down
Neo King Helios
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : ~GC's Official Helios!~

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime20th June 2016, 11:24 am

Okay, honestly these episodes just keep getting better and better! The suspense was amazing, the introduction of Sailor Saturn (was the closest to her getting a transformation, but it was a lot like Chibi Moon's first) was just amazing!!! Honestly, I cannot fathom how much emotions and how involved I was. The suspense in the end as well! Gosh! (I mean Tuxedo Mask's ending kinda ehh'd it) but honestly, everything was just amazing.

From the moment everyone fainted, to Usagi giving her smile, to Chibi-Moon shouting for her "mama", it was all just far too amazing and emotional!
Back to top Go down
http://johnnyquartzuniverse.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/c/johnsacapano
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime20th June 2016, 11:28 am

Yeah, this episode was awesome and had me on the edge of my seat. Saturn was a bawse from beginning to end and I was so mad when the episode was over because I wanted more xD

"I'm always the uninvited guest."

She's party crashing and she knows it.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
silverskywind
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime20th June 2016, 11:43 am

Watching the episode right now and love the fact that Tuxedo La Smokng Bomber was in it!
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime20th June 2016, 11:49 am

ToriJ wrote:
"I'm always the uninvited guest."

She's party crashing and she knows it.
Yeah, it's my belief that Sailor Saturn doesn't want to end the world, but it's her mission to do so when she awakens. But really she'd rather never be want to be awakened to end everything.
Back to top Go down
PrincesseNee
Lotus Crystal

PrincesseNee

Lotus Crystal

Title : Spread the love, people! ~Lover of Inner Senshi~
Location : Where Peace, Love, and Gumdrops are! AKA My Imagination. :3

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime20th June 2016, 11:50 am

I liked the animation (a few iffy shots here and there and repeated stills -looking at you Outers- but it was good for the most part) and the sheer power that Moon, Chibimoon, and Saturn demonstrated. Oh and that group attack on Pharoah 90, that was awesome!

I also loved Saturn's VA performance, she managed to be soft and delicate while still being very serious as well. I especially liked that slight change in pitch when she said that she no one anticipates her arrival.

Now, here's where I get to my issues with this episode. I was a little bothered when Moon had risked her life for the others. Don't get me wrong, it's not the act itself I have issues, it's moreso the events leading up to it. I didn't feel like the Inners and Outers had struggled enough for Moon to see that yes, she must protect them. That they fought and powered through their weakened state but Pharoah 90 had weakened them. And yes, you could say they showed that but the fight wasn't fleshed out to warrant any sense of desperation. Which is why whrn Saturn arrived, it did look great, but I as viewer didn't feel that things were at stake enoguh for her appearance to be as exciting as it should have been. I dunno, maybe I just wasn't into it today, or I was thinking of 90s anime finale, and maybe I should watch it again. But at the moment I feel underwhelmed and I don't like feeling this way. Sad

Overall, okay episode, just wished they fleshed things out more to make it feel it really was the end. Still looking forward to the next episode and hoping Infinity ends in a shabang! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neo King Helios
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime20th June 2016, 12:32 pm

PrincesseNee wrote:
 I was a little bothered when Moon had risked her life for the others. Don't get me wrong, it's not the act itself I have issues, it's moreso the events leading up to it. I didn't feel like the Inners and Outers had struggled enough for Moon to see that yes, she must protect them. That they fought and powered through their weakened state but Pharoah 90 had weakened them.

In the manga, I think they stayed unconscious throughout Sailor Moon's decision to sacrifice herself. Like right after they got completely depleted of energy, they all stayed unconscious. I think it was a bit weird that they had them IMMEDIATELY gain consciousness and get up during Sailor Moon's sacrifice, since it just doesn't seem like their thing >.> Like if they can still move they'd probably still go to Sailor Moon's rescue...

MANGA PART:

I guess in the manga they only woke up to gasp at Moon's sacrifice.... lol but I think you're right. They recovered far too quickly to even say that it was a difficult struggle. But considering they had to give some of their power to Moon and use more of it for Pharaoh 90 to use, I'd say it makes sense why Moon would decided to use all of her powers to try and save everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime20th June 2016, 12:46 pm

I think next weeks episode is the final one =(

This episode was so awesome!!! gosh Saturn is indeed the most awesome outer senshi <3! sometimes I think she's more powerful than Usagi but then again she has the silver crystal and that theory goes down xD.

Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
PrincesseNee
Lotus Crystal

PrincesseNee

Lotus Crystal

Title : Spread the love, people! ~Lover of Inner Senshi~
Location : Where Peace, Love, and Gumdrops are! AKA My Imagination. :3

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime20th June 2016, 1:45 pm

Neo-King Kronos wrote:
In the manga, I think they stayed unconscious throughout Sailor Moon's decision to sacrifice herself. Like right after they got completely depleted of energy, they all stayed unconscious. I think it was a bit weird that they had them IMMEDIATELY gain consciousness and get up during Sailor Moon's sacrifice, since it just doesn't seem like their thing >.> Like if they can still move they'd probably still go to Sailor Moon's rescue...

MANGA PART:

I guess in the manga they only woke up to gasp at Moon's sacrifice.... lol but I think you're right. They recovered far too quickly to even say that it was a difficult struggle. But considering they had to give some of their power to Moon and use more of it for Pharaoh 90 to use, I'd say it makes sense why Moon would decided to use all of her powers to try and save everyone.
I can see that. I mean they did give SSM some of their power and fought Pharoah 90, so that's probably why they were as weak as they were. Perhaps there is some element of desperation that I wasnt aware of. That and that I probably wanted to see some hardcore  fighting lol.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime21st June 2016, 7:50 pm

I was taking the episode so seriously until this happened in the subtitles:
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Bd1da76d8b95c29716c6810c0f335677
...Uh what?  Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] 3884866259 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] 3884866259 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] 3884866259

The scene where Sailor Saturn awakened and gave her little talk was really cool though.

silverskywind wrote:
Watching the episode right now and love the fact that Tuxedo La Smokng Bomber was in it!
SAME!   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] 1955989781

Sailor Venus wrote:
I think next weeks episode is the final one =(

This episode was so awesome!!! gosh Saturn is indeed the most awesome outer senshi <3!
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] 3150097195 Yessss!
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime21st June 2016, 8:33 pm

Saturn is the best senshi EVER! Razz

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Uninvi10
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Uninvi11

Neptune said something in the episode that wasn't translated. Does anyone know what "Sankasu" (sp?) is?
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime22nd June 2016, 6:16 am

east02west wrote:

Neptune said something in the episode that wasn't translated. Does anyone know what "Sankasu" (sp?) is?
I think it's just the collective name for the three buildings (and central area?) in reference to their triangular arrangement, but don't quote me on it. Razz I'm just guessing since I remember sankaku meaning triangle.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime22nd June 2016, 6:43 am

Oh, that makes sense.

Thanks!

I'm so glad that Saturn's reveal turned out better than these:

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] 1210
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] Tumblr10

That said, I think we have our first indication that we'll see the Dreams Arc as the bottom design is consistent with Hotaru's and is younger.
Back to top Go down
Usa-chan
Lotus Crystal

Usa-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : smol

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime23rd June 2016, 7:21 pm

Sailor Saturn is perfect. I loved her transformation. It was more subtle than the others which felt appropriate for the scene. Saturn doesn't have time for all the bells and whistles when she's got a world to annihilate!

Also, this part BROKE MY HEART:
 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] 2dm1J
Back to top Go down
http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/ http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/
LaMoonstar
Lotus Crystal

LaMoonstar

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime23rd June 2016, 10:13 pm

I have to say that the drama is SO well played in these last few episodes. I really felt the episode flew by! I love Saturn's semi-transformation and speech; her voice is dark by soft which fits her character really well. I think that it's nice that the Inner Senshi actually attack (along with Tuxedo Kamen) rather than sit on the sidelines like the 90's anime.

I guess what we'll find out next week is how Hotaru is reborn even though her original body is dead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4632488/1/In-the-Shadow-of-Starligh http://kindnessiseternal.tumblr.com/ http://lamoonstar.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC37YaBDyUey7tN9vhPHaU1w?
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 6:54 am

Finally a Crystal episode that leaves me wanting more! XD I didn't think itd ever happen but it did. These past few episodes have been much better than what I would have expected all while following the manga! But with this arc, I'm actually torn on if I prefer the 90s anime version of the finale (cause like Sailor Moon desperately trying to become super sailor moon again is just great) or the manga version of the finale (i'll hope off on explaining why cause it'll all be in the next ep xD). Anyway, i think they did a pretty good job with adapting the manga to animation for this episodes. Saturn was super cool! I loved how she got like a half transformation and all that. I eagerly await next Monday's ep xD
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 6:59 am

Something that did strike me about this episode was that we saw little interaction between Pluto and Saturn.

Considering that who we see is Silver Millennium Saturn (I LOVED her VA's mature, graceful,playful, and yet cold tone!), how come Pluto didn't tap into her Time Lord powers to foresee her eventual awakening, and know that Saturn wasn't ever really a threat?
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 9:22 am

Remember Sailor Saturn said history had been twisted, and neither Hotaru's body nor Sailor Saturn's soul should've been awakened bit Prof. Tomoe and the Death Busters changed that. Maybe time isn't all that linear. 

Or maybe because Pluto is taking a more active role, something prevents her from using powers of foresight, as to prevent her from potentially abusing such knowledge.

Idk...time tavel=headache.  Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] 2276801876

Last edited by magic713 on 21st September 2017, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 3:28 pm

I am still halfway through this because work and life and tiredness but an interesting thing I noted when I watched was when the senshi fall, and they did it in this order: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, which kind of fits with my headcanon on who's strongest physically among the inner senshi. I don't know if it's just a happy coincidence or a character touch, but I hope it's the latter because that's cool.

[/end nerding on small details]
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
horrayforpixies
Pyramidal Crystal

horrayforpixies

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 7:53 pm

This episode... I just... Oh my goodness. <3
Saturn finally got a non-game transformation of sorts. <3 wOOp!!!

Finally we get to see La Smoking Bomber again <3

And FINALLY ChibiUsa calling Usagi mom. I love little moments like that. 

Can't believe we're almost finished for this season. *cries* x
Back to top Go down
Neo King Helios
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime25th June 2016, 12:33 am

I think out of the whole episode, my only complaint is Saturn's swinging of her sickle. Like, IT WAS AMAZING HONESTLY I LOVED IT, but I mean it was established that if she swings it down, everything is destroyed... But I suppose she has to use Death REBORN (not Ribbon) Revolution then swing it down to destroy the world.
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime25th June 2016, 8:27 am

i just saw the ep now as i was out of town. it was really good and i'm glad i don't have to wait a week for the next one.
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime25th June 2016, 8:51 am

This episode was absolutely amazing and I pray they make a season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 38 Discussion [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top